I just made some Banana Bread!

John Kuthe

Jan 27, 2023, 6:44:40 PM1/27/23
It's still baking!

Pic later!

John Kuthe...

dsi1

Jan 27, 2023, 7:10:09 PM1/27/23
I used to be into making banana bread. My thing was letting the bananas turn into a black, disgusting, leaky, mess. Just ripe bananas don't make it into my banana bread. Light colored banana bread just seems so unnatural to me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J1Sg6Cwj1jGVwxnK6

John Kuthe

Jan 27, 2023, 7:16:16 PM1/27/23

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 7:18:45 PM1/27/23
When Indonesians make pisang goreng, they also want bananas that have
started to develop black spots.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Thomas

Jan 27, 2023, 7:25:12 PM1/27/23
Nice on topic post. Looks nice.

dsi1

Jan 27, 2023, 7:28:17 PM1/27/23
My guess is most experienced cooks will do that with bananas. In my case, the banana peels start to break apart. Sometimes I can't even peel the bananas. What I'd like to do is use fermented banana mash for banana bread. That might be cool - or not. The banana fritters look good. My daughter makes banana lumpia - that's pretty good too.

John Kuthe

Jan 27, 2023, 8:15:02 PM1/27/23
It is absolutely Delicious! :-)

John Kuthe...

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 27, 2023, 10:48:55 PM1/27/23
It looks great in the pan, can we see a slice of the bread?

Jim Brad

Feb 6, 2023, 3:32:17 PM2/6/23
I forgot about making banana bread until I just read this post. I have
some ripe sourdough and a couple of over ripe bananas. Think I'll make
some my kids and me.

Thanks for the reminder.

John Kuthe

Feb 6, 2023, 9:01:18 PM2/6/23