'Heat & Serve' Breakfast Sausage and Cubed Chicken Breasts

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 3, 2021, 7:34:15 PM3/3/21
I bought some pre-cooked sausage patties once or twice for my
brother when he was here. One was the Kroger brand and the
other was from Walmart. The one from Wally World was packaged
as 'spicy.' Neither were spicy or flavorful; about all I can say is they
were ground pork. Both are quite disappointing. One reason I bought
them is they're larger patties than what you can slice off a 1-pound roll.

Today I plopped two in a skillet to brown them a bit as I always do.
But I opted for a light shake on each side of garlic & herb seasoning.
This is just like the Mrs. Dash stuff but a different brand. Oh boy, what
a difference, just what these sad patties needed! Next time I will go a
bit more with the seasoning as I wasn't sure they would even be fit to eat.

I've also purchased Kroger's grilled and cubed chicken breasts to eat
in a salad. They are to be placed in a skillet with ¼ cup of water,
covered, and heated for about 12 minutes. They smell wonderful
when the bag is opened but are just too bland once heated. The
second time I heated them I added 4 or 5 healthy shakes of
McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and proceeded.
Another hit and super flavorful!

jmcquown

Mar 3, 2021, 8:06:48 PM3/3/21
On 3/3/2021 7:34 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> I bought some pre-cooked sausage patties once or twice for my
> brother when he was here. One was the Kroger brand and the
> other was from Walmart. The one from Wally World was packaged
> as 'spicy.' Neither were spicy or flavorful; about all I can say is they
> were ground pork. Both are quite disappointing. One reason I bought
> them is they're larger patties than what you can slice off a 1-pound roll.
>
> Today I plopped two in a skillet to brown them a bit as I always do.
> But I opted for a light shake on each side of garlic & herb seasoning.
> This is just like the Mrs. Dash stuff but a different brand. Oh boy, what
> a difference, just what these sad patties needed! Next time I will go a
> bit more with the seasoning as I wasn't sure they would even be fit to eat.

I always thought those pre-cooked sausage patties were intended to be
re-heated in the microwave rather than cooked in a skillet. <srhug> Not
that they'd taste any better, just sayin'. :) I'm glad you found a way
to make them taste better.

I once bought some pre-cooked link breakfast sausages, I don't recall
the brand. They were weird. Nothing would have helped; fortunately
there were only 6 in a package.

> I've also purchased Kroger's grilled and cubed chicken breasts to eat
> in a salad. They are to be placed in a skillet with ¼ cup of water,
> covered, and heated for about 12 minutes. They smell wonderful
> when the bag is opened but are just too bland once heated. The
> second time I heated them I added 4 or 5 healthy shakes of
> McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and proceeded.
> Another hit and super flavorful!

A solution! Nice. :)

Jill

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 3, 2021, 8:38:19 PM3/3/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 7:06:48 PM UTC-6, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> On 3/3/2021 7:34 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > I bought some pre-cooked sausage patties once or twice for my
> > brother when he was here. One was the Kroger brand and the
> > other was from Walmart. The one from Wally World was packaged
> > as 'spicy.' Neither were spicy or flavorful; about all I can say is they
> > were ground pork. Both are quite disappointing. One reason I bought
> > them is they're larger patties than what you can slice off a 1-pound roll.
> >
> I always thought those pre-cooked sausage patties were intended to be
> re-heated in the microwave rather than cooked in a skillet. <srhug> Not
> that they'd taste any better, just sayin'. :) I'm glad you found a way
> to make them taste better.

I throw them in a skillet as they are just too 'blonde' for me. I like them
more browned and of course that heats them thoroughly but so would
the microwave.

> I once bought some pre-cooked link breakfast sausages, I don't recall
> the brand. They were weird. Nothing would have helped; fortunately
> there were only 6 in a package.

I've never been a fan of the link sausages, raw and cook from scratch
or microwavable.

> > I've also purchased Kroger's grilled and cubed chicken breasts to eat
> > in a salad. They are to be placed in a skillet with ¼ cup of water,
> > covered, and heated for about 12 minutes. They smell wonderful
> > when the bag is opened but are just too bland once heated. The
> > second time I heated them I added 4 or 5 healthy shakes of
> > McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and proceeded.
> > Another hit and super flavorful!
> >
> A solution! Nice. :)

Thankfully, they did turn out lip-smacking.

jmcquown

Mar 3, 2021, 10:00:05 PM3/3/21
On 3/3/2021 8:38 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 7:06:48 PM UTC-6, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> On 3/3/2021 7:34 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>>
>>> I bought some pre-cooked sausage patties once or twice for my
>>> brother when he was here. One was the Kroger brand and the
>>> other was from Walmart. The one from Wally World was packaged
>>> as 'spicy.' Neither were spicy or flavorful; about all I can say is they
>>> were ground pork. Both are quite disappointing. One reason I bought
>>> them is they're larger patties than what you can slice off a 1-pound roll.
>>>
>> I always thought those pre-cooked sausage patties were intended to be
>> re-heated in the microwave rather than cooked in a skillet. <srhug> Not
>> that they'd taste any better, just sayin'. :) I'm glad you found a way
>> to make them taste better.
>>
> I throw them in a skillet as they are just too 'blonde' for me. I like them
> more browned and of course that heats them thoroughly but so would
> the microwave.
>>
>> I once bought some pre-cooked link breakfast sausages, I don't recall
>> the brand. They were weird. Nothing would have helped; fortunately
>> there were only 6 in a package.
>>
> I've never been a fan of the link sausages, raw and cook from scratch
> or microwavable.

I don't know why but I much prefer link breakfast sausages to patties.
And yes, cooked from raw. Neither one of the pre-cooked (microwaved or
not) ever tasted good to me. I'm glad you found a way to make them
palatable.

>>> I've also purchased Kroger's grilled and cubed chicken breasts to eat
>>> in a salad. They are to be placed in a skillet with ¼ cup of water,
>>> covered, and heated for about 12 minutes. They smell wonderful
>>> when the bag is opened but are just too bland once heated. The
>>> second time I heated them I added 4 or 5 healthy shakes of
>>> McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and proceeded.
>>> Another hit and super flavorful!
>>>
>> A solution! Nice. :)
>>
> Thankfully, they did turn out lip-smacking.

I'm glad to hear it. :)

Jill

Hank Rogers

Mar 3, 2021, 10:57:43 PM3/3/21
A lot of prepared food is bland deliberately. You can always doctor
it up, but can't do much if its already loaded with too much stuff,
especially hot peppers.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 4, 2021, 12:08:54 AM3/4/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 9:57:43 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:

> A lot of prepared food is bland deliberately. You can always doctor
> it up, but can't do much if its already loaded with too much stuff,
> especially hot peppers.

I swear I think these sausage patties were made with 5 pounds of ground
pork and ¼ teaspoon of each seasoning that would be used for breakfast
sausage. Thankfully they're not salty but they sure ain't tasty without a
bit of doctoring.

Even the Walmart brand that is labeled as 'spicy' was like eating baby
food.

Bruce

Mar 4, 2021, 12:39:20 AM3/4/21
Was that really a post about food by Assman Hank?

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Cindy Hamilton

Mar 4, 2021, 4:43:19 AM3/4/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 7:34:15 PM UTC-5, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> I bought some pre-cooked sausage patties once or twice for my
> brother when he was here. One was the Kroger brand and the
> other was from Walmart. The one from Wally World was packaged
> as 'spicy.' Neither were spicy or flavorful; about all I can say is they
> were ground pork. Both are quite disappointing. One reason I bought
> them is they're larger patties than what you can slice off a 1-pound roll.

You can make bulk sausage into arbitrarily large patties. It might
require getting your hands a little greasy.

Cindy Hamilton

bruce bowser

Mar 4, 2021, 8:47:55 AM3/4/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 8:06:48 PM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On 3/3/2021 7:34 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> > I bought some pre-cooked sausage patties once or twice for my
> > brother when he was here. One was the Kroger brand and the
> > other was from Walmart. The one from Wally World was packaged
> > as 'spicy.' Neither were spicy or flavorful; about all I can say is they
> > were ground pork. Both are quite disappointing. One reason I bought
> > them is they're larger patties than what you can slice off a 1-pound roll.
> >
> > Today I plopped two in a skillet to brown them a bit as I always do.
> > But I opted for a light shake on each side of garlic & herb seasoning.
> > This is just like the Mrs. Dash stuff but a different brand. Oh boy, what
> > a difference, just what these sad patties needed! Next time I will go a
> > bit more with the seasoning as I wasn't sure they would even be fit to eat.
>
> I always thought those pre-cooked sausage patties were intended to be
> re-heated in the microwave rather than cooked in a skillet. <srhug> Not
> that they'd taste any better, just sayin'. :) I'm glad you found a way
> to make them taste better.

Bacon grease does that to other foods as well.

bruce bowser

Mar 4, 2021, 8:52:57 AM3/4/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 7:34:15 PM UTC-5, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
Incredible! McCormick? They're based in Hunt Valley, Maryland. I think of crab feasts there. How'd they end up talking about Montreal. Maryland isn't exactly a french canadian speaking area.

Cindy Hamilton

Mar 4, 2021, 9:42:16 AM3/4/21
There are various seasoning blends inspired by the taste of Montreal-style
smoked meat. Not all such blends are made by McCormick.

Cindy Hamilton

Gary

Mar 4, 2021, 10:22:38 AM3/4/21
jmcquown wrote:
> I don't know why but I much prefer link breakfast sausages to patties.
> And yes, cooked from raw. Neither one of the pre-cooked (microwaved or
> not) ever tasted good to me.

I used to microwave the precooked links or patties. Decent enough to me.

Lately, I'll buy those 1 lb rolls of raw breakfast sausage. Rather then
slice off patties to cook, I smash the entire pound into one giant
sausage that fits in my largest frying pan.

I cook it then cut into squares to eat and freeze for future meals.

One favorite snack is one slice of buttered toast, folded in half with 2
halves of a sausage patty to fill it.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 4, 2021, 11:09:22 AM3/4/21
I've done that a couple of times but then the patties were kinda tough
once they were cooked. I guess I handled them too much, but greasy
hands don't bother me. That's what soap and water are for! :o)

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 4, 2021, 11:12:35 AM3/4/21
On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 9:22:38 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> Lately, I'll buy those 1 lb rolls of raw breakfast sausage. Rather then
> slice off patties to cook, I smash the entire pound into one giant
> sausage that fits in my largest frying pan.
>
> I cook it then cut into squares to eat and freeze for future meals.
>
> One favorite snack is one slice of buttered toast, folded in half with 2
> halves of a sausage patty to fill it.

I like toast with a light smear of mustard on each side with two sausage
patties filling the gap. Some like this using biscuits instead of toast, it's
ok, but I prefer toast.

Sheldon Martin

Mar 4, 2021, 12:08:14 PM3/4/21
On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 10:22:28 -0500, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>> I don't know why but I much prefer link breakfast sausages to patties.
>> And yes, cooked from raw. Neither one of the pre-cooked (microwaved or
>> not) ever tasted good to me.

I prefer the patties that I make myself... I don't want any mystery
meat sausage. Grinding pork butt with Italian herb seasoning and a
bit of crushed red pepper is very easy and forming patties is as easy
as forming burgers... no need to mess with casings. Sometimes I'll
use the sausage meat to make meat balls. I make Italian Saw-Seege, we
don't care for breakfast sausage, neither of us likes sage. I like to
keep a good supply of ground meat patties in the freezer, what's for
dinner is always an easy decision, sometimes just need to check for
Kaiser rolls. Dinner tonight is yesterdays left overs, meat-a-balles,
in home made tomato sauce with rotelle.

bruce bowser

Mar 4, 2021, 12:09:07 PM3/4/21
Moreover, how about if a Montreal spice company start making old bay seasoning? Gimmie a break. I hear also that a lot of Maryland crabs actually came from the Gulf of Mexico.

Cindy Hamilton

Mar 4, 2021, 12:49:35 PM3/4/21
They can't call it Old Bay, because that's trademarked. Other spice purveyors have their
own, similar mix. For example:

<https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/chesapeake-bay-seasoning/c-24/p-363/pd-s>

Personally, I dislike a lot of Penzey's spice mixes because they have too much celery
and ancho chile in them.

Cindy Hamilton

bruce bowser

Mar 4, 2021, 1:12:05 PM3/4/21
They could legally call it 'Bay seasoning'. Which is a place, just like Montreal is a place, er, excuse me.. Montréal.

Hank Rogers

Mar 4, 2021, 4:36:23 PM3/4/21
Your seasoning proportions are probably pretty accurate for a lot
of these items :)

Even restaurants often serve baby food. I've known guys that carry
a tiny bottle of hot sauce when eating at a mexican joint.

Hank Rogers

Mar 4, 2021, 4:39:44 PM3/4/21
Did you grab a good sniff off my ass, master druce?

Hank Rogers

Mar 4, 2021, 4:43:51 PM3/4/21
Yeah, and they are all homos too.

That's why Popeye dumped them :)

He was getting hooked on whatever they were putting in their stuff.

Hank Rogers

Mar 4, 2021, 4:50:46 PM3/4/21
Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 10:22:28 -0500, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> I don't know why but I much prefer link breakfast sausages to patties.
>>> And yes, cooked from raw. Neither one of the pre-cooked (microwaved or
>>> not) ever tasted good to me.
>
> I prefer the patties that I make myself... I don't want any mystery
> meat sausage. Grinding pork butt with Italian herb seasoning and a
> bit of crushed red pepper is very easy and forming patties is as easy
> as forming burgers...

Yes Popeye, but yoose have a diesel powered meat grinder. Some of
us get tired with our inferior hand crank devices.

Gary

Mar 5, 2021, 12:58:25 PM3/5/21
joan wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>> One favorite snack is one slice of buttered toast, folded in half with 2
>> halves of a sausage patty to fill it.

> I like toast with a light smear of mustard on each side with two sausage
> patties filling the gap. Some like this using biscuits instead of toast, it's
> ok, but I prefer toast.

Same with me. I've never been a big fan of biscuits although sometimes
they are good. I don't bother making them though.

As far as commercial, McDonald's sausage biscuits are good.
Interestingly, they serve them with a condiment pack of grape jam. I
never would have thought of that but I tried it once and it was good.

KFC biscuits are good too but I liked the old soft dinner rolls better.

When eating sausage at home with eggs, I always like a drizzle of maple
syrup. Either the pure maple or even the "fake" like Log Cabin brand.

Gary

Mar 5, 2021, 12:59:18 PM3/5/21
Sheldon Martin wrote:
> we don't care for breakfast sausage, neither of us likes sage.

I love sage. Whenever I make bird stuffing, I'm very generous with that
ingredient. :)

Sheldon Martin

Mar 5, 2021, 2:14:00 PM3/5/21
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 12:58:14 -0500, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>joan wrote:
>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> One favorite snack is one slice of buttered toast, folded in half with 2
>>> halves of a sausage patty to fill it.
>
>> I like toast with a light smear of mustard on each side with two sausage
>> patties filling the gap. Some like this using biscuits instead of toast, it's
>> ok, but I prefer toast.

Toast is meaningless unless you indicate toasted what... could be
white, whole wheat, rye, or my favorite toasted cinnamon raisin with
apple butter... sauseege with Guldens Spicy Brown is TIAD unless the
sausage is a frankfurter on seeded rye. And a light schmear is
redundant... a schmear always connotes light... unless it's your
schmeared tidy whities. LOL

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 5, 2021, 2:21:08 PM3/5/21
There's a sausage brand sold here and one of their varieties is sage.
I don't buy it as it's just too much sage for me. I also don't like Thanksgiving
cornbread dressing overloaded with sage. It gives me indigestion
something awful and bloating. I believe you could stick a pin in me and
I'd fly around the room like a balloon that's been blown up and released.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 5, 2021, 2:26:51 PM3/5/21
On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 1:14:00 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

> >joan wrote:
> >
> >> I like toast with a light smear of mustard on each side with two sausage
> >> patties filling the gap. Some like this using biscuits instead of toast, it's
> >> ok, but I prefer toast.
> >>
> Toast is meaningless unless you indicate toasted what... could be
> white, whole wheat, rye, or my favorite toasted cinnamon raisin with
> apple butter... sauseege with Guldens Spicy Brown is TIAD unless the
> sausage is a frankfurter on seeded rye. And a light schmear is
> redundant... a schmear always connotes light... unless it's your
> schmeared tidy whities. LOL

When I eat sausage and toast sandwiches or most any sandwich, it is
ALWAYS white bread. Spicy brown mustard on toasted white bread and
sausage patties are quite good, to me. It doesn't take much, just
enough to lend flavor and I don't want to overpower the sausage.

When I eat corned beef sandwiches it's always pumpernickel and
also gets a light smear of spicy brown mustard. I'm there for the
meat and the bread and just want the added flavor of the mustard.
I'm not eating a mustard sandwich nor do I eat mustard hotdogs.
I want the mustard to compliment the meat and bread, not over-
power it.

US Janet

Mar 5, 2021, 5:27:07 PM3/5/21
fried egg sandwiches on white bread & butter must have a lot of spicy
brown mustard. ;) No toast. Toast(white) is for garden fresh tomato
sandwiches. Or avocado sandwiches.. Rye toast is for poached eggs.
Janet US

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 5, 2021, 5:51:06 PM3/5/21
On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 4:27:07 PM UTC-6, US Janet wrote:

> fried egg sandwiches on white bread & butter must have a lot of spicy
> brown mustard. ;) No toast. Toast(white) is for garden fresh tomato
> sandwiches. Or avocado sandwiches.. Rye toast is for poached eggs.
> Janet US

When I eat fried egg sandwiches it's on white bread, too, but butter only.
However, it is lightly toasted. Tomato sandwiches are on white bread
as well, but not toasted. I just scoop avocado out of its' shell and eat it
like that. I'll eat rye for corned beef or pastrami only if pumpernickel isn't
available. Not only do I love pumpernickel, the smell of it is intoxicating.

It's great we all have choice!

Dave Smith

Mar 5, 2021, 6:15:41 PM3/5/21
On 2021-03-05 5:27 p.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 11:26:48 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"

>> When I eat corned beef sandwiches it's always pumpernickel and
>> also gets a light smear of spicy brown mustard. I'm there for the
>> meat and the bread and just want the added flavor of the mustard.
>> I'm not eating a mustard sandwich nor do I eat mustard hotdogs.
>> I want the mustard to compliment the meat and bread, not over-
>> power it.
>
> fried egg sandwiches on white bread & butter must have a lot of spicy
> brown mustard. ;) No toast. Toast(white) is for garden fresh tomato
> sandwiches. Or avocado sandwiches.. Rye toast is for poached eggs.
\

It never occurred to me to have mustard of any kind on a fried egg
sandwiches. I only have a fried egg sandwich once every year or two,
and I have them on toasted whole wheat. My son likes mustard with
chicken or turkey sandwiches.

I have not had a garden fresh tomato sandwich in years. I keep trying to
grow tomatoes but never have much luck. My father used to grow wonderful
tomatoes and white toast sliced tomato sandwiches were a common summer
time lunch. I loved them.

US Janet

Mar 5, 2021, 8:52:03 PM3/5/21
there are tomatoes that are probably more suited to your climate.
Check for a seed company in your locale. Otherwise check with
www.nicholsgardennursery.com .
The are located in Albany, Oregon and have tomatoes and veggies that
appreciate a shorter cooler growing season.
Janet US

Dave Smith

Mar 5, 2021, 9:06:20 PM3/5/21
On 2021-03-05 8:51 p.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 18:15:35 -0500, Dave Smith
chicken or turkey sandwiches.

>> I have not had a garden fresh tomato sandwich in years. I keep trying to
>> grow tomatoes but never have much luck. My father used to grow wonderful
>> tomatoes and white toast sliced tomato sandwiches were a common summer
>> time lunch. I loved them.
>
> there are tomatoes that are probably more suited to your climate.
> Check for a seed company in your locale. Otherwise check with
> www.nicholsgardennursery.com .
> The are located in Albany, Oregon and have tomatoes and veggies that
> appreciate a shorter cooler growing season.

I buy the seedlings from local suppliers. I figured they should be okay.
Sometimes the plants just don't grow much, and when they do the fruit
never fully develops. It's frustrating because I like tomatoes fresh out
of the garden.

Cindy Hamilton

Mar 6, 2021, 4:32:44 AM3/6/21
Fried egg sandwiches with mayo and lettuce on untoasted white bread.

Rye is preferable for corned beef and pastrami, but pumpernickel will
do in a pinch.

Tomato sandwiches (toasted or untoasted) must be garnished with a lot of bacon :-)

Cindy Hamilton

bruce bowser

Mar 6, 2021, 11:45:00 AM3/6/21
On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 5:51:06 PM UTC-5, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 4:27:07 PM UTC-6, US Janet wrote:
> >
> > fried egg sandwiches on white bread & butter must have a lot of spicy
> > brown mustard. ;) No toast. Toast(white) is for garden fresh tomato
> > sandwiches. Or avocado sandwiches.. Rye toast is for poached eggs.
> > Janet US
> >
> When I eat fried egg sandwiches it's on white bread, too, but butter only.
> However, it is lightly toasted.

With bacon (and grits instead of mayo), I think that's a great combo.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 6, 2021, 2:17:41 PM3/6/21
Grits on a sandwich??? That sounds a bit stomach churning to me.

bruce bowser

Mar 6, 2021, 5:13:17 PM3/6/21
Someone from dixie once told me that they could dip biscuits in grits and eat all day.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 6, 2021, 7:06:49 PM3/6/21
'Twarn't me.

Hank Rogers

Mar 6, 2021, 7:44:03 PM3/6/21
And you are still sniffing their ass, right druce?

Hank Rogers

Mar 6, 2021, 7:48:04 PM3/6/21
itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 4:13:17 PM UTC-6, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Grits on a sandwich??? That sounds a bit stomach churning to me.
>>>
>> Someone from dixie once told me that they could dip biscuits in grits and eat all day.
>>
> 'Twarn't me.

No worry. Dutch master Druce fucked off and went to da LOO.

Closer to kuth's rectum I guess.

Ophelia

Mar 7, 2021, 10:41:19 AM3/7/21
====

That sounds right to me:))

Bruce

Mar 7, 2021, 3:14:05 PM3/7/21
On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 15:41:13 +0000, Ophelia <Oph...@elsinore.me.uk>
wrote:
Minus the dead, rotting animal flesh, yes.

--
Most "Bruce" posts are from my stalker frogger.
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Bruce

Mar 7, 2021, 3:15:07 PM3/7/21
Good Lord. They must be as big as Cindy.

bruce bowser

Mar 7, 2021, 6:50:43 PM3/7/21
Bigness comes from meat eating.

bruce bowser

Mar 7, 2021, 6:52:53 PM3/7/21
That's why there's all this uber processed plant based fake meat out there. (except McDonald's)

Bryan Simmons

Mar 7, 2021, 7:43:40 PM3/7/21
On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 2:14:05 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 15:41:13 +0000, Ophelia <Oph...@elsinore.me.uk>
> wrote:

> >> Fried egg sandwiches with mayo and lettuce on untoasted white bread.
> >>
> >> Rye is preferable for corned beef and pastrami, but pumpernickel will
> >> do in a pinch.
> >>
> >> Tomato sandwiches (toasted or untoasted) must be garnished with a lot of bacon :-)

I like bacon, but I love it with green beans, and I adore it with tomatoes. Bread and
lettuce are almost distractions. March is the month where I start fantasizing about
home grown tomatoes.

> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> >====
> >
> > That sounds right to me:))
> Minus the dead, rotting animal flesh, yes.

Humans eat dead animals before any rotting takes place. You can make an
ethical argument against dead animal, but you're not not going to get any
traction with branding it as gross.

> --
> Most "Bruce" posts are from my stalker frogger.
> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Mar 7, 2021, 7:57:34 PM3/7/21
There's nothing wrong with the fake meat other than the complete lack of aesthetic
appeal.

--Bryan

Bruce

Mar 7, 2021, 8:04:51 PM3/7/21
Some fake meat tastes really good, as good as real meat. Beyond Meat
for instance, but cheaper ones can be good as well. We had fake
chicken the other day. Very nice and no chicken was hurt. The
ingredient lists can be dubious, though.

Bryan Simmons

Mar 7, 2021, 8:43:30 PM3/7/21
I tried it, and found it awful. A bean & cheese burrito tastes good. When
I eat meatless meals, they taste good. I don't try to simulate eating meat
with fake meat. I don't understand why an ovo-lacto pescatarian would
want to eat that junk. It's a poor imitation of the thing you reject.

One good thing about my son moving out is eating a lot more fish.

> --
> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

--Bryan

Bruce

Mar 7, 2021, 9:11:25 PM3/7/21
On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 17:43:27 -0800 (PST), Bryan Simmons
<bryang...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 7:04:51 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>> Some fake meat tastes really good, as good as real meat. Beyond Meat
>> for instance, but cheaper ones can be good as well. We had fake
>> chicken the other day. Very nice and no chicken was hurt. The
>> ingredient lists can be dubious, though.
>>
>I tried it, and found it awful.

Have you tried Beyond Meat?

>A bean & cheese burrito tastes good. When
>I eat meatless meals, they taste good. I don't try to simulate eating meat
>with fake meat. I don't understand why an ovo-lacto pescatarian would
>want to eat that junk. It's a poor imitation of the thing you reject.

I don't reject meat for its flavour, but for the animal suffering. If
I can get a good flavour without the suffering then why not?

Mike Duffy

Mar 8, 2021, 12:06:19 AM3/8/21
On Sun, 07 Mar 2021 16:43:36 -0800, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> You can make an ethical argument against dead animal, but

Then you cannot eat fish. It's not just suffering on the part of the fish
you eat. It is also that you are eating the food rightfully meant for
bigger fish.

Cindy Hamilton

Mar 8, 2021, 4:49:38 AM3/8/21
It's obvious you can't remember what real meat tastes like. I tried Beyond Meat.
It was nasty. If I didn't want to eat meat, I'd simply not eat meat.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 4:51:49 AM3/8/21
And I don't. But if I like certain fake meats, then what's the
problem? Why are meat eaters telling me I can't like fake meat?

Cindy Hamilton

Mar 8, 2021, 5:01:29 AM3/8/21
I suppose "as good as real meat" falls under, "There's no
accounting for taste."

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 5:26:05 AM3/8/21
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 02:01:25 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
I like certain fake meats. That's good for me and good for animals. I
have no idea why you have a problem with that.

Cindy Hamilton

Mar 8, 2021, 6:29:17 AM3/8/21
I don't have a problem with it, except insofar as they don't actually
taste and feel like meat. Only someone who hasn't had meat in quite
a while would mistake fake meat for meat.

If you like them, then go for it. I don't like fake meat, so I'll keep eating
a small serving of meat about once a day and meatless about twice a day.

Cindy Hamilton

Janet

Mar 8, 2021, 7:14:50 AM3/8/21
In article <1f21c573-0612-4c7a...@googlegroups.com>,
angelica...@yahoo.com says...
There are plenty of carnivores who regularly eat crap meat (or fish)
or KFC it's all they've ever tasted or ever been able to afford.
Bruce was probably down there in the trough with Gary until he realised
"God, this crap tastes like crap" and gave up.

Janet UK

Sheldon Martin

Mar 8, 2021, 8:42:29 AM3/8/21
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>If you like them, then go for it. I don't like fake meat, so I'll keep eating
>a small serving of meat about once a day and meatless about twice a day.

What am I missing... what's the point of fake meat... only an imbecile
tries to fool themself by eating fake meat... what is fake meat
anyway... wouldn't it be a lot easier and saner to eat a PB & J
sammich? There are lots of times I don't feel like eating meat, I'd
rather a tossed salad with pasta. Sometimes a Velveeta melt does it
for me and I'd never attempt to hypnotize myself into thinking it's a
roast beef on rye. Fake meat is definitely a sign of severe mental
illness.

Gary

Mar 8, 2021, 9:29:56 AM3/8/21
Bruce wrote:
> > We had fake chicken the other day. Very nice and no chicken was hurt.

Try fake chicken eggs sometime and no chickens will be hurt.

>The ingredient lists can be dubious, though.

So...you preach about evil ingredient lists yet you consume them too?
Yoose should become a politician.

.

Gary

Mar 8, 2021, 9:30:24 AM3/8/21
Bryan Simmons wrote:
> One good thing about my son moving out is eating a lot more fish.

And brown rice. Don't forget the brown rice. :)

Ed Pawlowski

Mar 8, 2021, 9:52:17 AM3/8/21
On 3/8/2021 5:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> It's obvious you can't remember what real meat tastes like. I tried Beyond Meat.
>>> It was nasty. If I didn't want to eat meat, I'd simply not eat meat.
>> And I don't. But if I like certain fake meats, then what's the
>> problem? Why are meat eaters telling me I can't like fake meat?
>
> I suppose "as good as real meat" falls under, "There's no
> accounting for taste."
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I had eggs this morning. How are they classified? Would they be
considered pre-meat? Boneless chicken?

Mike Duffy

Mar 8, 2021, 10:18:09 AM3/8/21
Careful there, Gary. I don't think anyone should talk about brown rice
until she - who - cannot - be - named has disappeared from living memory.

Sheldon Martin

Mar 8, 2021, 11:28:09 AM3/8/21
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 16:19:51 -0000 (UTC), heyjoe
<sam...@example.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 18:15:35 -0500
>in Message-ID: <news:sYy0I.53497$QY.1...@fx39.iad>
>Dave Smith wrote :
>
>> It never occurred to me to have mustard of any kind on a fried egg
>> sandwiches.

Kosher Salami and eggs get mustard.

>Have you ever made deviled eggs?

I won't eat deviled eggs if others had their fingers in it.
I like chopped egg salad if I make it.

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 12:57:20 PM3/8/21
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 03:29:13 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
Yes, you're a carnivore. Of course, you have no need for fake meat.
And I still say that some of the fake meats taste a lot like meat.

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 1:00:49 PM3/8/21
I never had much fast food meat. I'm comparing fake meat to the normal
to good quality meat that I had in the past. Some of the fake meat
comes very close to a hamburger, a schnitzel, a chicken thingie, a
sausage etc. The ingredient lists aren't always the best, but at least
animal cruelty is not on it.

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 1:01:19 PM3/8/21
Don't tell me you don't know the difference between vegetarian and
vegan.

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 1:01:47 PM3/8/21
You think in black and white. Children always do.

dsi1

Mar 8, 2021, 1:05:08 PM3/8/21
On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 3:42:29 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> What am I missing... what's the point of fake meat...

The point of fake meat is that real meat is not sustainable. That's the only thing you got to know. In the future, the only people that are going to be eating real meat is animals. You live in a small window of time whereupon you can stuff your face with all the real meat you could every want. Live it up, pal!

bruce bowser

Mar 8, 2021, 1:28:20 PM3/8/21
Quite a few on this newsgroup probably don't even believe in a higher power.
Anyway, as for for food, I thought the goddesses at Yahoo and Facebook finally convinced every woman out there to only eat carrots and popcorn & do weird aerobics every day.

I guess I was wrong.

bruce bowser

Mar 8, 2021, 1:31:09 PM3/8/21
in fact, I wonder where one or two of the people here go to refill on demonic influences so darn quick once they run out.

dsi1

Mar 8, 2021, 1:44:36 PM3/8/21
On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 8:28:20 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> Quite a few on this newsgroup probably don't even believe in a higher power.
> Anyway, as for for food, I thought the goddesses at Yahoo and Facebook finally convinced every woman out there to only eat carrots and popcorn & do weird aerobics every day.
>
> I guess I was wrong.

Women are susceptible to pray before the altar of eating disorder. I'm a believer in the god of a general discomfort after eating. We can only hope to find salvation through the partaking of a single slider and that's all. Amen.

Dave Smith

Mar 8, 2021, 2:04:59 PM3/8/21
Oh Pshaw. The point of fake meat is not that meat is sustainable. The
point of fake meat is to act as some sort of pacifier for people who
think that they can only eat meat substitutes if they are made to look
and taste something like meat. I have been eating a lot of vegetarian
meals since last summer and not one of them involved a fake meat of any
kind.

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 2:14:43 PM3/8/21
I like some fake meats. Does that me a bad person make, oh carnivore?

Dave Smith

Mar 8, 2021, 2:17:30 PM3/8/21
No, you being a flaming asshole makes you a bad person.
HTH/HAND

dsi1

Mar 8, 2021, 2:24:09 PM3/8/21
Meat is either sustainable or it's not. Pick one. It doesn't matter to me which one you pick. Everything follows from that. You can choose to dwell within the new frontier of clean meat or you can eat plain old regular vegetables. My recommendation is that you should enjoy yourself, and your life, while you still can. Who the heck can argue with that kind of logic? Certainly, not me.

Ed Pawlowski

Mar 8, 2021, 2:49:03 PM3/8/21
Yes, I do some vegetarian but I'd not do well as a vegan. Even with
veggies, I use butter, sour cream, even honey.

If I buy cage free eggs from chickens that eat insects is that insect
cruelty?

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 2:57:10 PM3/8/21
We rarely use any of them, not for any particular reason. I have milk
powder in my coffee. I'd use oat milk powder instead but I can't find
it anywhere.

>If I buy cage free eggs from chickens that eat insects is that insect
>cruelty?

As a meat eater you have bigger fish to fry.

Hank Rogers

Mar 8, 2021, 2:59:58 PM3/8/21
Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> If you like them, then go for it. I don't like fake meat, so I'll keep eating
>> a small serving of meat about once a day and meatless about twice a day.
>
> What am I missing... what's the point of fake meat...

It's just virtue signalling Popeye.

Hank Rogers

Mar 8, 2021, 3:02:18 PM3/8/21
Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 03:29:13 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 5:26:05 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>>> I like certain fake meats. That's good for me and good for animals. I
>>> have no idea why you have a problem with that.
>>
>> I don't have a problem with it, except insofar as they don't actually
>> taste and feel like meat. Only someone who hasn't had meat in quite
>> a while would mistake fake meat for meat.
>>
>> If you like them, then go for it. I don't like fake meat, so I'll keep eating
>> a small serving of meat about once a day and meatless about twice a day.
>
> Yes, you're a carnivore. Of course, you have no need for fake meat.
> And I still say that some of the fake meats taste a lot like meat.

Good for you master druce. I don't give a shit what you like, nor
what you eat. There's probably others too.

Hank Rogers

Mar 8, 2021, 3:10:06 PM3/8/21
It's OK. Gary has already been sniffed several times today.

Thomas

Mar 8, 2021, 4:38:57 PM3/8/21
Just bought 64 oz of old bay hot sauce. 12 bucks. I will rprt back. Love hot and old bay. Wings first.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Mar 8, 2021, 6:00:52 PM3/8/21
On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 3:38:57 PM UTC-6, Thomas wrote:

> Just bought 64 oz of old bay hot sauce. 12 bucks. I will rprt back. Love hot and old bay. Wings first.

Old Bay makes a hot sauce??? I gotta pay more attention when I'm at the
grocery store. But 64 ounces? You must really love the stuff!

dsi1

Mar 8, 2021, 6:19:54 PM3/8/21
That's a serious amount of hot sauce. Congrats on that.

jmcquown

Mar 8, 2021, 7:39:08 PM3/8/21
On 3/8/2021 5:01 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 4:51:49 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> But if I like certain fake meats, then what's the
>> problem? Why are meat eaters telling me I can't like fake meat?
>
> I suppose "as good as real meat" falls under, "There's no
> accounting for taste."
>
> Cindy Hamilton

FWIW, I don't tell anyone they can't eat or like fake meat. Just don't
try to convince me to like it. BTDT, no thanks.

Jill

jmcquown

Mar 8, 2021, 7:50:19 PM3/8/21
The fake meat brigade is of a mindset where they think they can create
something that tastes like meat, which they allegedly despise, using soy
and a bunch of chemicals. It makes no sense. If you don't want to eat
meat, don't eat meat. Don't expect me to try fake meat again.

Jill

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 7:54:04 PM3/8/21
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 19:38:52 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
I agree. Trying to convince a staunch corpse chewer to like fake meat
is a hopeless undertaking.

Tom Lascelles

Mar 8, 2021, 8:09:58 PM3/8/21
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 19:50:04 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
It's a "brigade" now? :) But it's true, you can make something taste
like meat without killing an animal. Soy is not required. (Where did
you get that idea?) Chemicals are often used, that's still a problem.
Not more chemicals than you consume on a daily basis in all your
supermarket products, but still.

PS: Nobody has any expectations about you trying fake meat. Why would
you? You eat dead animals.

Dave Smith

Mar 8, 2021, 8:10:35 PM3/8/21
Humans are omnivores. We are supposed to eat meat. I ate being told that
I should try some combination of soy and natural or chemical fillers
and additives and being told it tastes just like meat. Meat tastes like
meat.

Tommo Lascelles

Mar 8, 2021, 8:51:04 PM3/8/21
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:10:27 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2021-03-08 7:50 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 3/8/2021 2:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>>> Oh Pshaw. The point of fake meat is not that meat is sustainable. The
>>> point of fake meat is to act as some sort of pacifier for people who
>>> think that they can only eat meat substitutes if they are made to look
>>> and taste something like meat.  I have been eating a lot of vegetarian
>>> meals since last summer and not one of them involved a fake meat of
>>> any kind.
>>>
>> The fake meat brigade is of a mindset where they think they can create
>> something that tastes like meat, which they allegedly despise, using soy
>> and a bunch of chemicals.  It makes no sense.  If you don't want to eat
>> meat, don't eat meat.  Don't expect me to try fake meat again.
>>

>Humans are omnivores. We are supposed to eat meat.

We're ABLE to eat meat. We don't HAVE TO eat meat. I have to explain
everything to these American boomers.

>I ate being told that I should try some combination of soy and natural or chemical fillers
>and additives and being told it tastes just like meat. Meat tastes like meat.

Who tells you that you should try it? Nobody.

Suddenly RFC'ers are worrying about chemicals and additives in food.
Hilarious :)

Ed Pawlowski

Mar 8, 2021, 10:58:01 PM3/8/21
Never heard of it but you can get the big jugs from Amazon.

https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay/products/seasonings-and-sauces/old-bay-hot-sauce

Hank Rogers

Mar 8, 2021, 11:05:41 PM3/8/21
You just enjoy beating dead horses ... after you've sniffed their
asses.

Leo

Mar 8, 2021, 11:11:50 PM3/8/21
On 2021 Mar 8, , Bruce wrote
(in article<njpc4g9u3028tolf8...@4ax.com>):

> You think in black and white. Children always do.

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce! It´s called the prison of two ideas. You practice and
preach it.

Bruce

Mar 8, 2021, 11:31:41 PM3/8/21
On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 20:11:43 -0800, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
Did you learn that from Fox News?

Leo

Mar 8, 2021, 11:44:10 PM3/8/21
On 2021 Mar 8, , Bruce wrote
(in article<fgud4gp0nc0u59i92...@4ax.com>):

> On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 20:11:43 -0800, Leo<leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Bruce, Bruce, Bruce! It´s called the prison of two ideas. You practice and
> > preach it.
>
> Did you learn that from Fox News?

Greg Gutfeld on Fox News. Your short term memory is shot. Is it the drugs?

Bruce

Mar 9, 2021, 12:13:09 AM3/9/21
On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 20:44:05 -0800, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
So everything you say comes from Greg Gutfeld now? I googled him the
other day. He's indeed from Fox News and he believes the elections
were a fraud. I shall remember him in my prayers.

Leo

Mar 9, 2021, 12:50:29 AM3/9/21
On 2021 Mar 8, , Bruce wrote
(in article<ar0e4gpheavhmhq8b...@4ax.com>):

> So everything you say comes from Greg Gutfeld now? I googled him the
> other day. He's indeed from Fox News and he believes the elections
> were a fraud. I shall remember him in my prayers.

Sure. We have eaten spatchcocked chicken with carrots and potatoes from a
cookie sheet once and beef stroganoff with a lettuce salad twice in the last
three days for dinner. Greg told me to do it.
What did Karl direct you to eat, and how long did you have to wait in line
for the turnips, Wikiboy?

Bruce

Mar 9, 2021, 1:14:41 AM3/9/21
On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 21:50:22 -0800, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
We're having chickpea/black bean tempeh. I didn't get it from Karl. I
might have gotten it from Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

Leo

Mar 9, 2021, 1:51:52 AM3/9/21
On 2021 Mar 8, , Bruce wrote
(in article<ff4e4gdimv7mbo7il...@4ax.com>):

> We're having chickpea/black bean tempeh. I didn't get it from Karl. I
> might have gotten it from Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

I had to google to wikipedia. I see why you like him. Green and all that.

Bruce

Mar 9, 2021, 1:57:39 AM3/9/21
On Mon, 08 Mar 2021 22:51:45 -0800, Leo <leobla...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
I didn't know that, but he's Indonesian and so is tempeh. Also, he has
a cool name.

Janet

Mar 9, 2021, 5:01:10 AM3/9/21
In article <lfid4g57c2mh29vfk...@4ax.com>,
TomLas...@invalid.net says...

> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 19:50:04 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
> wrote:

> >> Oh Pshaw. The point of fake meat is not that meat is sustainable. The
> >> point of fake meat is to act as some sort of pacifier for people who
> >> think that they can only eat meat substitutes if they are made to look
> >> and taste something like meat.  I have been eating a lot of vegetarian
> >> meals since last summer and not one of them involved a fake meat of any
> >> kind.
> >>
> >The fake meat brigade is of a mindset where they think they can create
> >something that tastes like meat, which they allegedly despise, using soy
> >and a bunch of chemicals. It makes no sense. If you don't want to eat
> >meat, don't eat meat. Don't expect me to try fake meat again.
>
> It's a "brigade" now? :) But it's true, you can make something taste
> like meat without killing an animal.

No, you really can't, that's a fantasy promoted by commercial
producers of fake meat in order to sell it. Fake meat does not "taste
like meat" to anyone familiar with the taste of real meat.

But here's an rfc challenge you can try at home. Using only
delicious fresh vegetables, legumes, grains, herbs and spices; try to
create something that tastes like steak or chicken.

Then post your recipe.

Janet UK

Ophelia

Mar 9, 2021, 5:12:29 AM3/9/21
On 08/03/2021 18:28, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7:14:50 AM UTC-5, Janet wrote:
>> In article <1f21c573-0612-4c7a...@googlegroups.com>,
>> angelica...@yahoo.com says...

>>> I suppose "as good as real meat" falls under, "There's no
>>> accounting for taste."
>> There are plenty of carnivores who regularly eat crap meat (or fish)
>> or KFC it's all they've ever tasted or ever been able to afford.
>> Bruce was probably down there in the trough with Gary until he realised
>> "God, this crap tastes like crap" and gave up.
>
> Quite a few on this newsgroup probably don't even believe in a higher power.
> Anyway, as for for food, I thought the goddesses at Yahoo and Facebook finally convinced every woman out there to only eat carrots and popcorn & do weird aerobics every day.
>
> I guess I was wrong.

===

Not about that one!
It is loading more messages.