ROGER'S GOLDEN SYRUP

MOMPEAGRAM

May 24, 2007, 11:24:13 AM5/24/07
I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
where I live.

Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?

This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
Ontario.

Thanks for any help

--
Helen
in

Sheldon

May 24, 2007, 11:54:29 AM5/24/07
"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
> where I live.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>
> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
> Ontario.
>
> Thanks for any help

There is contact info here, perhaps if you phone:
http://www.rogerssugar.com/overview/management.html

Why can't it be Lyle's Golden Syrup?

Sheldon

Dave Smith

May 24, 2007, 2:52:47 PM5/24/07
MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
> where I live.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>
> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
> Ontario.

I live in Ontario and I have never seen it in stores here. The only sugar
syrup the stores around her carry is Lyles.

hahabogus

May 24, 2007, 5:43:07 PM5/24/07
"MOMPEAGRAM" <mpeag...@gmail.com> wrote in news:f34anf$4ek$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

> I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
> where I live.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?
>
> This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
> Ontario.
>
> Thanks for any help

Safeway carries it...Aren't there safeways in BC?
BC, well Victoria, has hugely been influenced by the brits over the years
so Golden syrup has got to be there somwwhere.

BC Facts...the BC Government had it's own submarines before the Canadian
Government had any.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

MOMPEAGRAM

May 25, 2007, 9:40:07 AM5/25/07
Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

"Dave Smith" <adavi...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

MOMPEAGRAM

May 25, 2007, 9:40:36 AM5/25/07
BC is not in Ontario

"hahabogus" <inv...@null.null> wrote in message

MOMPEAGRAM

May 25, 2007, 11:40:51 AM5/25/07
Is there anyone in BC who could pick me up a couple of bottles of Roger's
Golden syrup and I'll pay for postage?

Dave Smith

May 25, 2007, 1:06:42 PM5/25/07

MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

> Is there anyone in BC who could pick me up a couple of bottles of Roger's
> Golden syrup and I'll pay for postage?

check this link for a list of places to contact for Rogers Golden Syrup.
There are location sin Toronto, Windsor , Brantford and Ottawa. BTW..
Rogers is affiliated with Lantic Sugar.

http://www.lantic.ca/english/index.html

Sheldon

May 25, 2007, 3:35:55 PM5/25/07
"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
> Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
> but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
syrup into a different container. duh

You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
leeze! Sheesh!

And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
a vile and totally useless human being you are.

Sheldon

Sheldon

MOMPEAGRAM

May 25, 2007, 9:05:04 PM5/25/07
I love you too, sheldown.

"Sheldon" <PENM...@aol.com> wrote in message

MOMPEAGRAM

May 25, 2007, 9:06:00 PM5/25/07
Thanks dave that's the best help I've had yet.

"Dave Smith" <adavi...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Jean B.

May 26, 2007, 12:06:49 PM5/26/07
MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
> Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
> but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

What?! I was so happy to see those bottles. I HATE the cans.
I guess I'd better pick up as many bottles as I can find!!!!

--
Jean B.

MOMPEAGRAM

May 26, 2007, 3:31:49 PM5/26/07
Wish I could!

"Jean B." <jb...@rcn.com> wrote in message

Gregory Morrow

May 26, 2007, 5:49:46 PM5/26/07

Sheldon wrote:

"Is MOMPEAGRAM crying...???"

<chuckle/>

--
Best
Greg

Jean B.

May 26, 2007, 9:24:07 PM5/26/07
MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
> Wish I could!

Not clear that I can find them either. :-( I will look though.

--
Jean B.

Miche

May 27, 2007, 1:02:34 AM5/27/07
In article <f36p0a$nvu$1...@registered.motzarella.org>,
"MOMPEAGRAM" <mpeag...@gmail.com> wrote:

[followups set to rec.food.cooking]

> Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
> but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

Doesn't keep? It's sugar! I've had golden syrup in a can that's lasted
for years and years. If it crystallises, heat it gently (still in the
can) and it'll melt again.

Miche

--
In the monastery office --
Before enlightenment: fetch mail, shuffle paper

MOMPEAGRAM

May 27, 2007, 2:02:55 PM5/27/07
No!

"Gregory Morrow" <gre...@morrow.net> wrote in message

MOMPEAGRAM

May 27, 2007, 2:04:16 PM5/27/07
Thank you so much!

--
Helen
in
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/index.html
"Jean B." <jb...@rcn.com> wrote in message

MOMPEAGRAM

May 27, 2007, 2:05:15 PM5/27/07
I just opened a can I've had a few years and the syrup tasted tinny.
That's what started this thread.

"Miche" <mi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

MOMPEAGRAM

May 28, 2007, 3:47:35 PM5/28/07

"Gregory Morrow" <gre...@morrow.net> wrote in message

Sheldon can be a pain but he was right in one respect. I should have
thought of it myself. Just pour the Lyles into a bottle. Duh!

Sheldon

May 28, 2007, 5:26:53 PM5/28/07
On May 28, 3:47�pm, "MOMPEAGRAM" <mpeagram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Gregory Morrow" <greg...@morrow.net> wrote in message

The being a pain part is reinforcement... so folks will take heed and
remember... no offence meant. Get a nice honey dispenser for your
golden syrup, free shipping at Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/26nz98

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-780-1-Cup-Honey-Dispenser/dp/B00004UE7F

Sheldon

MOMPEAGRAM

May 29, 2007, 1:49:54 PM5/29/07

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-780-1-Cup-Honey-Dispenser/dp/B00004UE7F

Sheldon

That's what I'll do but probably more just a plastic bottle. I don't use
it much except for cooking.

MoM

MOMPEAGRAM

May 30, 2007, 1:39:51 PM5/30/07
The problem has been solved. Today I was able to purchase Lyles Golden
syrup and it is now in glass!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Helen

Jean B.

May 30, 2007, 7:33:33 PM5/30/07
Oh! A glass bottle? That's even better than plastic. I did
look today and only saw the can....

--
Jean B.

MOMPEAGRAM

May 30, 2007, 10:28:17 PM5/30/07

"Jean B." <jb...@rcn.com> wrote in message

Thanks for taking the time, Jean. I really appreciate it!

bcm...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2015, 2:55:41 PM8/1/15
Real canadian wholesale club! Always has it!!
Best price too!
Its owned by superstore

Directorate of Troll Removal and Disposal

Aug 1, 2015, 3:09:47 PM8/1/15
On 8/2/2015 4:51 AM, bcm...@gmail.com wrote:
The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense
founded on the Christian religion

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America
and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms
a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity,
Jesus, or any supreme being. (For those who think the date of the
Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The
U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in
the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a
more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not
come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers
purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of
Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the
Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the
1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
[bold caps, mine]

Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his
January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist
Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State."
Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded. . . is the separation
between religion and government in the Constitution of the United
States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from
our Founding Fathers.

If religionists better understood the concept of separation of Church &
State, they would realize that the wall of separation actually protects
their religion. Our secular government allows the free expression of
religion and non-religion. Today, religions flourish in America; we have
more churches than Seven-Elevens.

Although many secular and atheist groups today support and fight for the
wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully
eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no
secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other
religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows
atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems,
regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.

monta...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2015, 2:02:04 PM8/13/15
Keep the jar in the dark unless it is an amber colored glass, that is why it was in a can in the first place. Light affects the taste and color. Just like beer bottles.

Sal Paradise

Aug 1, 2015, 3:07:29 PM8/1/15

nicole...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2019, 2:02:22 PM7/9/19
It’s actually produced in Vancouver, BC, Taber, AB and Toronto, ON. So you should be able to find some close to where you live. I know Superstore, Save-On-Foods and Walmart carry the brand.

Jeßus

Jul 9, 2019, 10:04:03 PM7/9/19
On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 11:02:18 -0700 (PDT), nicole...@gmail.com
wrote:

>It’s actually produced in Vancouver, BC, Taber, AB and Toronto, ON. So you should be able to find some close to where you live. I know Superstore, Save-On-Foods and Walmart carry the brand.

Where can I purchase this product in Tasmania?

brooktr...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2020, 7:48:47 AM4/16/20
You are an ignorant person. There's no reason to be unkind. I see you wrote this back in '07, so you're about 20 now. Maybe you're smarter. Maybe you're just an ignorant Ontarian and can't mature. BW WYOMING

col...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2020, 5:22:13 PM4/17/20
Brer Rabbit makes a bunch of different syrups.