Yorkshire Pudding

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 25, 2023, 9:14:54 PM1/25/23
These Yorkshire pudding sure look good enough to eat

https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2023, 9:20:52 PM1/25/23
On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 8:14:54 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> These Yorkshire pudding sure look good enough to eat
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t

They look like very sad English muffins.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 25, 2023, 9:28:44 PM1/25/23
First photo, yes. Did yo scroll down?

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 25, 2023, 9:35:34 PM1/25/23
OOPS, sorry no. But yes, after scrolling down those look MUCH better!

Bruce

Jan 25, 2023, 9:59:36 PM1/25/23
What kind of human elephant can eat that whole plate? Is this the
amount Americans eat or is this for a small family?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Dave Smith

Jan 25, 2023, 10:05:19 PM1/25/23
On 2023-01-25 9:14 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> These Yorkshire pudding sure look good enough to eat
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t

Nicely done sir.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 25, 2023, 10:35:39 PM1/25/23
On 1/25/2023 9:59 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:28:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> They look like very sad English muffins.
>>
>> First photo, yes. Did yo scroll down?
>
> What kind of human elephant can eat that whole plate? Is this the
> amount Americans eat or is this for a small family?

Looks like a Steve platter.

Bruce

Jan 25, 2023, 11:03:48 PM1/25/23
Ok, so that's the first option.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Bruce

Jan 25, 2023, 11:05:01 PM1/25/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:03:39 +1100, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 22:35:32 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> What kind of human elephant can eat that whole plate? Is this the
>>> amount Americans eat or is this for a small family?
>>
>>Looks like a Steve platter.
>
>Ok, so that's the first option.

I mean the human elephant.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 3:29:13 AM1/26/23
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:14:48 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> These Yorkshire pudding sure look good enough to eat
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t

They used baking powder which is illegal. And the finished plate
looks like a mess.

-sw

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 3:30:56 AM1/26/23
> Looks like a Steve platter.

Fuck you, Ed.

-sw

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 3:32:34 AM1/26/23
He didn't make those. He's just re-posting something he saw.

-sw

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 3:34:23 AM1/26/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 02:30:50 -0600, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 22:35:32 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> What kind of human elephant can eat that whole plate? Is this the
>>> amount Americans eat or is this for a small family
>>
>> Looks like a Steve platter.
>
>Fuck you, Ed.

Lol, lighten up "Stevers"!

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

Jan 26, 2023, 4:32:27 AM1/26/23
On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 4:14:54 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> These Yorkshire pudding sure look good enough to eat
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t

I was tempted to buy one of those yorkie pans in the UK but the idea of carrying around a deformed muffin tin with me was not appealing. Hopefully, the guy that eats that plate is a young man.

https://www.amazon.com/Masterclass-Non-stick-4-hole-Yorkshire-Pudding/dp/B0001IX44A

bob

Jan 26, 2023, 7:52:18 AM1/26/23
On 2023-01-26 08:29:07 +0000, Sqwertz said:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:14:48 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> These Yorkshire pudding sure look good enough to eat
>>
>> https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t
>
> And the finished plate
> looks like a mess.
>
> -sw

Should it look more like this:

https://postlmg.cc/CBhF9XD2

bob

Jan 26, 2023, 8:54:27 AM1/26/23
On 2023-01-26 02:59:26 +0000, Bruce said:

> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:28:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> They look like very sad English muffins.
>>
>> First photo, yes. Did yo scroll down?
>
> What kind of human elephant can eat that whole plate?

Never seen a Wartz in the wild? The're the size of 2 full grown people.

%

Jan 26, 2023, 10:58:45 AM1/26/23
Wertz is only half the height of a full grown person.

Gary

Jan 26, 2023, 11:01:04 AM1/26/23
On 1/25/2023 9:59 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 21:28:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> They look like very sad English muffins.
>>
>> First photo, yes. Did yo scroll down?
>
> What kind of human elephant can eat that whole plate? Is this the
> amount Americans eat or is this for a small family?

The perfect one-meal-a-day plate for Gary-head. About 2pm sounds about
right.

bruce bowser

Jan 26, 2023, 11:02:47 AM1/26/23
Oh Joan, come on!! After the gravy goes on, who cares about the looks.

Gary

Jan 26, 2023, 11:09:10 AM1/26/23
"One person's trash is another's treasure." :)

Gary

Jan 26, 2023, 11:24:10 AM1/26/23
On 1/25/2023 9:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> These Yorkshire pudding sure look good enough to eat
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t

The plated dish (last pic) looks like an ultimate dinner to me.
Just add a couple of buttered soft dinner rolls and a tall glass of cool
but not ice cold water.

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 12:36:54 PM1/26/23

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 12:43:46 PM1/26/23
One-meal-a-day plate, so it's really for 3 people. That makes more
sense, although a human elephant probably considers it one meal.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

Jan 26, 2023, 1:55:34 PM1/26/23
Looks like a regular English-style Sunday meal to me.

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 2:00:17 PM1/26/23
If Asians ate like that, kung fu would not exist. The only Martial art
would be sumo wrestling.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 2:04:46 PM1/26/23
That raw pork marinating for al pastor, dumbass. And it looks
pretty sexy to me.

-sw

dsi1

Jan 26, 2023, 2:14:00 PM1/26/23
It am what it is and that's all it tizz.

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 2:14:52 PM1/26/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 13:04:41 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 05:52:11 -0700, bob wrote:
>
>> Should it look more like this:
>>
>> https://postlmg.cc/CBhF9XD2
>
> That's raw pork marinating for al pastor, dumbass. And it looks
> pretty sexy to me.

Matter of fact, I just went downstairs and pulled some pork out of
the freezer to do that again. Thanks for reminding me to do that
again.

-sw

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 2023, 2:39:22 PM1/26/23
On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 10:24:10 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> > https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t
> >
> The plated dish (last pic) looks like an ultimate dinner to me.
> Just add a couple of buttered soft dinner rolls and a tall glass of cool
> but not ice cold water.

Yorkshire pudding is a bread, and you want buttered rolls to go with your
bread?????

dsi1

Jan 26, 2023, 2:42:40 PM1/26/23

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 3:34:15 PM1/26/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:42:36 -0800 (PST), dsi1
Yes, that's pretty big. No English kung fu fighters.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

lucr...@fl.it

Jan 26, 2023, 4:35:43 PM1/26/23
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 07:34:08 +1100, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid>
Beef is overcooked but otherwise all looks good.

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 4:45:22 PM1/26/23
Yes, it looks overcooked. Even as a meat eater the beef wouldn't be my
cup of tea.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

jmcquown

Jan 26, 2023, 4:49:49 PM1/26/23
I thought the exact same thing, Joan.

Jill

Sqwertz

Jan 26, 2023, 4:54:18 PM1/26/23
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:42:36 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:

> Here you go.
>
> https://www.chilliandlife.com/classic-english-roast-beef-dinner/

Ugh. That poor beef.

-sw

Bryan Simmons

Jan 26, 2023, 5:18:04 PM1/26/23
They Michaelized it.

> -sw

--Bryan

Cindy Hamilton

Jan 26, 2023, 5:24:37 PM1/26/23
He wants buttered rolls to go with his spaghetti. Or, IIRC, potatoes.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Jan 26, 2023, 5:53:15 PM1/26/23
Who needs buttered rolls when there is garlic bread?

;-)

jmcquown

Jan 26, 2023, 6:09:47 PM1/26/23
It appears Gary doesn't think a meal is complete without buttered rolls
or some sort of bread, even if there is already a starch involved. I
don't need garlic bread with pasta but if anyone posts about not having
bread with it, watch out!

Jill

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 7:03:26 PM1/26/23
Yep, Tojo, if there's one thing about dat rock, there are shitloads
of stereotypical british inhabitants. Much more than the few asian
leeches.

dsi1

Jan 26, 2023, 7:06:10 PM1/26/23
That's the way the Brits like it. The good news is that they like their lamb rare/med. rare. The bad news is that the Brits like their lamb rare/med. rare.

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 7:07:16 PM1/26/23
Do you often have sex with a piece of meat? Even Popeye didn't
screw it, if it wasn't a relative, or a nun.

GM

Jan 26, 2023, 7:08:46 PM1/26/23
Don't forget that our Unca Tojo "interned" LOTS of British soldiers during WWII...

--
GM

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 7:17:06 PM1/26/23
Master Druce gets lots of calories from the ass fumes he constantly
sniffs. Americans just eat food instead of inhaling their nutrients
this way. So they must eat more.

dsi1

Jan 26, 2023, 7:23:00 PM1/26/23
The Hawaiians like their spaghetti with garlic bread. Sometimes we like it with a piece of fried chicken and mac salad. It's lovely, quite lovely.

http://dining.staradvertiser.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/DO-100718-InsideFeature-Zippys-LT003-clipped.jpg

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 7:25:38 PM1/26/23
Yorksire pudding sounds like it's just any biscuit soaked in gravy.
In the south, as a poor child, we had such desperate meals many
times in the 1950's. Sometimes we splurged and had fried ham slices
with red eye gravy. Then, we never soaked our biscuits in gravy.

dsi1

Jan 26, 2023, 7:26:26 PM1/26/23
The 1961 Lincoln Continental to me was the herald of the 1960s. Whenever I see one, I think of the Kennedys, NASA and the space race, the beginning of color film and TV as a common thing, and straight(er) lines on cars compared to the black & white ’50s. “The torch has been passed to a new generation….” This car heralded the groundswell of change that was a coming. Its shape though is iconic and still appears in movies like the Matrix and shows like Mad Men.

Now to me it is more a time capsule, of when my parents were young, freshly married, and a whole world before them, a sense of fresh excitement.

Then the 1970s happened, with disillusionment and malaise. Seeing a Continental like this still gives me a pang of what was and what could be, maybe, again.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 2023, 7:32:47 PM1/26/23
I guess he's running low on his carbohydrates.

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 7:38:17 PM1/26/23
Really? That's amazing your majesty!

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 7:45:54 PM1/26/23
Most any food is of poor quality after shipping weeks or months to
Uncle Tojo's rock. And expensive.

Still, it's good enough for asians.

Bryan Simmons

Jan 26, 2023, 7:59:07 PM1/26/23
On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 6:26:26 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> The 1961 Lincoln Continental to me was the herald of the 1960s.

That was a good looking car.

--Bryan

Bruce

Jan 26, 2023, 8:00:25 PM1/26/23
>That's the way the Brits like it. The good news is that they like their lamb rare/med. rare. The bad news is that the Brits like their lamb rare/med. rare.

And they pour mint sauce over it. As Louis de Funès said: "The
English slaughter their lambs twice. Once when they kill them and once
when they cook them."

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Hank Rogers

Jan 26, 2023, 8:37:51 PM1/26/23
GM wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:

I thought his cousin hirahito did that?

GM

Jan 26, 2023, 9:04:17 PM1/26/23
Indeed... it was the first "modern" car of the 60's...

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/vintage-reviews/vintage-car-life-road-test-1961-lincoln-continental-sedan-the-best-looking-american-car-built-today/

Vintage Car Life Road Test: 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan – “The Best-Looking American Car Built Today”

"The ’61 Lincoln was a game-changer, a term I don’t like to use lightly. It instantly made all of the late-’50s excess-mobiles
look utterly dated and silly. Its impact on the rest of the industry was as instantaneous as it was possible to retool: think
1962 Cadillac with its large flat C-pillar, a 180 degree change from the previous “bubble top” look...

Given the ’61 Continental’s huge and lasting impact, it’s interesting to note that this review does not spend much time
on its styling, leaving it to the very end. But that’s the benefit of hindsight; it’s not always possible to know how
impactful a new car will be on its arrival. That was even the case with the Mustang..."

</>

GM

Jan 26, 2023, 9:05:10 PM1/26/23
Them gooks look ALL the same, Hank...

--
GM

dsi1

Jan 27, 2023, 12:42:06 AM1/27/23
Dinks, gooks, and chinks?
Dinks, gooks, and chinks.
Dinks, gooks, and chinks.
Dinks, gooks, and chinks.
Cool, man!

bob

Jan 27, 2023, 7:17:19 AM1/27/23
He propably saw pudding and thought dessert...

bob

Jan 27, 2023, 7:22:26 AM1/27/23
On 2023-01-26 19:04:41 +0000, Sqwertz said:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 05:52:11 -0700, bob wrote:

>>> And the finished plate
>>> looks like a mess.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>
>> Should it look more like this:
>>
>> https://postlmg.cc/CBhF9XD2
>
> That raw pork marinating for al pastor, dumbass. And it looks
> pretty sexy to me.
>
> -sw

Actualy I had to look at a lot of pics to find that sloppy one. Most
were good. You have improved on presentation over the years! I cut
mine much thinner.

Gary

Jan 27, 2023, 9:39:55 AM1/27/23
On 1/26/2023 2:39 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 10:24:10 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> https://imgur.com/gallery/Qeqxz3t
>>>
>> The plated dish (last pic) looks like an ultimate dinner to me.
>> Just add a couple of buttered soft dinner rolls and a tall glass of cool
>> but not ice cold water.
>>
> Yorkshire pudding is a bread, and you want buttered rolls to go with your
> bread?????

Yes. Two completely different forms of bread (the evil carbs)
I also have garlic bread with spaghetti or lasagna - twice the carbs and
twice the different flavor and texture. Very complimentary too - yum.

Gary

Jan 27, 2023, 9:52:55 AM1/27/23
Tomato-sauced pasta without garlic bread? Your loss.
Not surprising though - you often post "incomplete" meals.

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 1:31:19 PM1/27/23
And that glass of water is the cherry on the cake!

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Michael Trew

Jan 27, 2023, 4:03:25 PM1/27/23
On 1/26/2023 17:18, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 3:54:18 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 11:42:36 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:
>>
>>> Here you go.
>>>
>>> https://www.chilliandlife.com/classic-english-roast-beef-dinner/
>> Ugh. That poor beef.
>>
> They Michaelized it.

Looks good to me; as long as the beef is cooked long enough to be tender.

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 4:06:06 PM1/27/23
It looks like cooked to flavourless chewing gum to me. And those fat
lines that run through it, I always hated those as a kid. Are they
considered a good thing?

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

jmcquown

Jan 27, 2023, 4:10:23 PM1/27/23
To you, "incomplete" seems to mean not loaded down with extra starches;
french fries, bread or rolls. For example, a pan fried fish fillet with
a vegetable side is a perfectly satisfying meal for me and it suits my
appetite. Why would I add bread or rolls? Pasta without bread works
just fine for me, too. Fills me up and tastes very good. Hey, I like
garlic bread but I don't *need* it to make a meal "complete". Buttered
rolls with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding? Sheesh. You come across
as a glutton.

Jill

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 4:20:45 PM1/27/23
On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 16:10:15 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>>> It appears Gary doesn't think a meal is complete without buttered
>>> rolls or some sort of bread, even if there is already a starch
>>> involved.  I don't need garlic bread with pasta but if anyone posts
>>> about not having bread with it, watch out!
>>>
>>> Jill
>>
>> Tomato-sauced pasta without garlic bread? Your loss.
>> Not surprising though - you often post "incomplete" meals.
>>

>To you, "incomplete" seems to mean not loaded down with extra starches;
>french fries, bread or rolls.

This is an often used discussion technique. You take the other
person's view, exaggerate it and then criticise the exaggerated
version. It's similar to the straw man technique.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man>

>For example, a pan fried fish fillet with
>a vegetable side is a perfectly satisfying meal for me and it suits my
>appetite. Why would I add bread or rolls? Pasta without bread works
>just fine for me, too. Fills me up and tastes very good. Hey, I like
>garlic bread but I don't *need* it to make a meal "complete". Buttered
>rolls with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding? Sheesh. You come across
>as a glutton.

Steve's the RFC glutton.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

dsi1

Jan 27, 2023, 5:02:07 PM1/27/23
That's normal for a cross rib roast. I don't think that big line of tough material is fat. I don't know what the heck that is. We used to eat cross rib roast when I was a kid because it with a cheap piece of meat. It was also tough. I think if it's sous vide long enough, you can break down that line of stuff - but I might be wrong. It's kind of a nasty piece of meat but some folks like it because it's cheap. I'll buy it if it's cheap enough and try my best to make it edible.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/83jEkqC98MLyv9cd9

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 5:13:10 PM1/27/23
My mother would make us nasi or bami with bite-size pieces of beef
fillet through it. If she bought them from the supermarket, they'd
have those lines through them. If she bought them from the more
expensive local butcher, they wouldn't have them. If it's not fat,
maybe its sinew, unless that's white.

--
Bruce
<https://sd.keepcalms.com/i-w600/keep-calm-and-in-bruce-we-trust.jpg>

Michael Trew

Jan 27, 2023, 5:14:55 PM1/27/23
On 1/27/2023 16:05, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 16:03:25 -0500, Michael Trew
> <michae...@att.net> wrote:

>>> They Michaelized it.
>>
>> Looks good to me; as long as the beef is cooked long enough to be tender.
>
> It looks like cooked to flavourless chewing gum to me. And those fat
> lines that run through it, I always hated those as a kid. Are they
> considered a good thing?

It might be... if that's the case, I don't want any part of it. I like
roast braised to hell and back, in a slower oven, until it's super
tender, with nothing chewy or dry. If it's dry or rubbery, I have no
use for it, aside from making gravy from whatever juice was cooked out
of it.

Dave Smith

Jan 27, 2023, 5:38:28 PM1/27/23
Long slow cooking can make a tough cut of meat more tender. I nice prime
rib is nice and tender when it's on the rare side. We had a lot of
roast beef when I was a kid. I loved the Yorkshire and gravy that went
with it and I have to admit that well cooked beef tends to make for a
better gravy, but I was never crazy about the beef. I later learned
that beef on the rate side was much more tender and much better tasting.

jmcquown

Jan 27, 2023, 5:56:15 PM1/27/23
On 1/27/2023 5:14 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 1/27/2023 16:05, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Jan 2023 16:03:25 -0500, Michael Trew
>> <michae...@att.net>  wrote:

>>> Looks good to me; as long as the beef is cooked long enough to be
>>> tender.
>>
>> It looks like cooked to flavourless chewing gum to me. And those fat
>> lines that run through it, I always hated those as a kid. Are they
>> considered a good thing?

Hey, Bruce, I agree with you! Looks like it was cooked to chewing gum.
As for those fat lines... in nicely marbled not cooked to death meat
they meld into the beef and add flavour. But hey, I don't want to eat
the fat, either. When you slice a piece of nicely (not overcooked) beef
you can easily trim the fat. We're not talking 'Jack Sprat could eat no
fat, his wife could eat no lean' here. ;) You don't have to eat it but
it makes the beef taste so much better.

> It might be... if that's the case, I don't want any part of it.  I like
> roast braised to hell and back, in a slower oven, until it's super
> tender, with nothing chewy or dry.  If it's dry or rubbery, I have no
> use for it, aside from making gravy from whatever juice was cooked out
> of it.

Depends on the cut of beef. Chuck roast is always well done in my house
but that's simmered, not roasted. Steaks and other cuts (including
pork) are not cooked to well done. Neither is a hamburger.

Jill