Self Enslavement

Thomas Joseph

May 26, 2022, 11:37:35 PM5/26/22

Enslavement comes in all kinds of packages. The whips and
chains get the most press, but slavery extends beyond that.
Today we are enslaving ourselves as evidenced by TV
commercials based mostly on the need for security or new
medications. Speed is another big seller. Also getting away,
out of the rat race, that seems to be trending right now.

The other night I watched a commercial that showed a father
driving a car with his entire family in tow. They all had
cellphones in their hands.

They were deep into the rural scene. “Anybody getting a
signal?”, the father asks from behind the wheel.

“I think so”, says one kid with another saying, “No,
no signal here.”

This keeps happening till after about the 5th time the father
asks if anybody is getting a signal and everyone says, “Nope,
no signal here”, at which time the father parks the car and
says, “Good, this is where we want to be”, as the family debarks
the car for a hike or whatever people do in the wilds and we
see the car from the outside from the first time and realize
it’s a commercial for the car.

So the message here is: If you want to get away from your
cellphone, buy a car. Turning it off or leaving it at home is
not good enough. Jesus, what an incredibly contradictory
commercial. Also the ones about cars that can do
a hundred and 50 miles an hour. In a traffic jam? Or the ones
that can go off road to anywhere. Until they get there to find a
fence with a big sign reading, “You are trespassing, get lost!”
Anyway, the one about searching for a place with no cellphone
reception and needing to buy a new car to find it, to me that
was funny - and sickening at the same time.

Mike Duffy

May 27, 2022, 12:10:33 AM5/27/22
On 2022-05-27, Thomas Joseph <jazee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the message here is: If you want to get away from your
> cellphone, buy a car. Turning it off or leaving it at home is
> not good enough.

What about the commercial for the car that uses a satellite
link to provide Wifi to everyone even in the mountains.

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 10:38:31 AM5/28/22
Mike Duffy wrote:
Thomas Joseph wrote:

> > So the message here is: If you want to get away from your
> > cellphone, buy a car. Turning it off or leaving it at home is
> > not good enough.

> What about the commercial for the car that uses a satellite
> link to provide Wifi to everyone even in the mountains.

It used to really annoy me but I'm used to it now, everyone toting a cellphone.
But to claim to want to get away from it and to do so by buying a car, man that
is nuts. I believe I saw the commercial you're talking about. Some commercials
are regional or you get them more on some channels than others, but I'm sure
I've seen it. Some don't resonate with me, others stick with me for some reason.
It is absurd though, people buying big expensive cars not for the engine or how
it runs or even for it's interior design or whatever, but for small shit they could
put in on their own or have someone do it customized. It's like paying $1,000
for a cheaply made pair of sneakers because the laces were blessed by the Pope
or something.

"Yeah, I know, the car runs like shit - but how about that radio, huh?"

André Malraux

May 28, 2022, 12:50:30 PM5/28/22
We are all humans; we all can lose out temper, the bad brought out in us.

Radical liberal politicians use incendiary language to cajole (mostly planned and paid for) "demonstrators"
out into the streets, urge criminals to resist arrest, and urge all of their various radical 'supremist" legions
to show up at any conservative protest, demonstration or rally - because they know it will draw a small
minority of true white supremist militia groups - they can bait into fights by having their supremist, even
white college girl BLM identifiers attack them.

Thomas Joseph

May 29, 2022, 3:09:22 AM5/29/22
GM wrote:

> Radical liberal politicians use incendiary language to cajole (mostly
planned and paid for) "demonstrators" out into the streets, urge criminals
to resist arrest, and urge all of their various radical 'supremist" legions to
how up at any conservative protest, demonstration or rally - because they
know it will draw a small minority of true white supremist militia groups -
they can bait into fights by having their supremist, even white college girl
BLM identifiers attack them.

Let's get one truth straight right off the bat - you call those people liberal
but they are not. Not really. The vast majority of people who call themselves
liberal are far from it. It's just a nice sounding label. Nicer than 'conservative'
which reflects a certain stodginess and resistance to change, narrow-minded
thinking and so forth. That's the perception. If all the people out there claiming
to be against bigotry, hate, oppression - so many of them - it wouldn't exist in the
first place. There are too many people claiming to be liberal. A lot of liars. You
use those terms as do most with politics as a hobby. I don't. To me a liberal is
an openminded flexible person as defined in the dictionary originally, something
to be proud of. But people presenting themselves as liberal in a political way -
and that goes for the politicians themselves - none of them are genuinely liberal.
Many self proclaimed conservatives are more liberal than the many who give
themselves the label. Claiming to be liberal is not enough, they've got to show
it and they don't. Just words, a bunch of words - kind of like this post, only not
as good, or as true. I am a liberal who gets along better with people who call
themselves conservative than I do with those who call themselves liberal. But
if they are genuinely liberal I can get along with them quite nicely. Too bad most
are just putting on an act. And people fall for it because they're too scared to go
up against it. They not only fall for it, they join the group. Or should I say the mob?