Stilton Cheese, Gas Fill up, & Insurance Claim Settled - Yes, Most of it's O. T.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 2, 2022, 7:55:40 PM12/2/22

I stopped at Aldi this afternoon for half 'n half and spied a wedge of
imported, certified U.K. stilton. I forgot to pick up some pears but
there were some red grapes in my 'fridge. Yuuuuuummy! Just the
right amount of sharpness from the cheese balanced by the sweet
grapes.

Gas prices have dropped here several cents in the last week or so.
I had enough points to get high test at $1.64⁹ per gallon.

The adjuster from Travelers called me today and was wondering if
I was ok and perhaps ready to close this claim. I told her I had sent
her an e-mail July 08 stating that. She apologized profusely that she
had not received it so I forwarded her a copy. I can still submit a claim
for several more months but I've had no problems and was willing to
settle today. She deposited $5,000 into my PayPal account and I've
transferred that into my bank account.

Michael Trew

Dec 2, 2022, 11:12:13 PM12/2/22
On 12/2/2022 19:55, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> I stopped at Aldi this afternoon for half 'n half and spied a wedge of
> imported, certified U.K. stilton. I forgot to pick up some pears but
> there were some red grapes in my 'fridge. Yuuuuuummy! Just the
> right amount of sharpness from the cheese balanced by the sweet
> grapes.
>
> Gas prices have dropped here several cents in the last week or so.
> I had enough points to get high test at $1.64⁹ per gallon.

Regular is down to $3.19 or so here per gallon. High-test is about 30 ¢
(See, I used the character map!!) per gallon more. I've never had to
run that in a car before, but my '64 requires it, stupid high
compression engine. No fun (until you floor it)!

> The adjuster from Travelers called me today and was wondering if
> I was ok and perhaps ready to close this claim. I told her I had sent
> her an e-mail July 08 stating that. She apologized profusely that she
> had not received it so I forwarded her a copy. I can still submit a claim
> for several more months but I've had no problems and was willing to
> settle today. She deposited $5,000 into my PayPal account and I've
> transferred that into my bank account.

That seems a bit low for your accident and your pain/suffering, but
hopefully all parties are happy with the outcome.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 3, 2022, 12:53:18 AM12/3/22
On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 10:12:13 PM UTC-6, Michael Trew wrote:

> On 12/2/2022 19:55, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > Gas prices have dropped here several cents in the last week or so.
> > I had enough points to get high test at $1.64⁹ per gallon.
> >
> Regular is down to $3.19 or so here per gallon. High-test is about 30 ¢
> (See, I used the character map!!) per gallon more. I've never had to
> run that in a car before, but my '64 requires it, stupid high
> compression engine. No fun (until you floor it)!

I confess I did not look at regular gas prices as I don't burn it but I'm
sure it would have been MUCH cheaper than my gas. Yes, my car has
a high compression engine and it is fun to hit that gas pedal and get
whip lash! 😆

Good job on the cent sign.

> > The adjuster from Travelers called me today and was wondering if
> > I was ok and perhaps ready to close this claim. I told her I had sent
> > her an e-mail July 08 stating that. She apologized profusely that she
> > had not received it so I forwarded her a copy. I can still submit a claim
> > for several more months but I've had no problems and was willing to
> > settle today. She deposited $5,000 into my PayPal account and I've
> > transferred that into my bank account.
> >
> That seems a bit low for your accident and your pain/suffering, but
> hopefully all parties are happy with the outcome.

I don't know why, but all along I thought that's about the amount I would
receive. No gripes as I had no lasting injury nor was I in the hospital or
rehab which I am mighty grateful for.

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 3, 2022, 5:07:48 AM12/3/22
On 2022-12-03, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:

> Regular is down to $3.19 or so here per gallon. High-test is about 30 ¢
> (See, I used the character map!!) per gallon more. I've never had to
> run that in a car before, but my '64 requires it, stupid high
> compression engine. No fun (until you floor it)!

Does it require leaded gas?

--
Cindy Hamilton

Gary

Dec 3, 2022, 8:24:51 AM12/3/22
Well hopefully, someone also paid for that expensive trip to the
emergency room that day. Wasn't that over $60K?

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 3, 2022, 12:19:39 PM12/3/22
A touch of dementia? I said months ago her insurance would be paying for
everything. That includes the ambulance ride, x-rays, scans, bike repair, and
new helmet. I've not paid a cent as I shouldn't have to.

Michael Trew

Dec 3, 2022, 10:08:01 PM12/3/22
More than likely. When the car was new, it probably ran on 97 octane
leaded fuel.

Running unleaded is bad for the soft valve seats. I should probably
find a lead and octane additive, and just run that with regular fuel (at
least saving the cost of high-test).

Michael Trew

Dec 3, 2022, 10:10:01 PM12/3/22
On 12/3/2022 0:53, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 10:12:13 PM UTC-6, Michael Trew wrote:
>>
>> Regular is down to $3.19 or so here per gallon. High-test is about 30 ¢
>> (See, I used the character map!!) per gallon more.
>>
> I confess I did not look at regular gas prices as I don't burn it but I'm
> sure it would have been MUCH cheaper than my gas. Yes, my car has
> a high compression engine and it is fun to hit that gas pedal and get
> whip lash! 😆
>
> Good job on the cent sign.

:D

>> That seems a bit low for your accident and your pain/suffering, but
>> hopefully all parties are happy with the outcome.
>>
> I don't know why, but all along I thought that's about the amount I would
> receive. No gripes as I had no lasting injury nor was I in the hospital or
> rehab which I am mighty grateful for.

Hey, that's what is important! A lot of people in their 60's and up
could not say the same thing after the injury/accident that you went
through.

Leonard Blaisdell

Dec 4, 2022, 12:29:57 AM12/4/22
On 2022-12-03, itsjoan...@webtv.net <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

> I don't know why, but all along I thought that's about the amount I would
> receive. No gripes as I had no lasting injury nor was I in the hospital or
> rehab which I am mighty grateful for.

And you're an honest citizen.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 4, 2022, 4:04:55 PM12/4/22
Thank you, I try my best to be.

bruce bowser

Dec 5, 2022, 1:42:49 PM12/5/22
That's always nice to hear.

dsi1

Dec 5, 2022, 2:01:46 PM12/5/22
I'm glad you're satisfied. Hopefully, you did not waive your right to file a claim in the future if some problems pop up - mostly neck and spine problems.

Dave Smith

Dec 5, 2022, 2:08:48 PM12/5/22
On 2022-12-05 2:01 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 7:53:18 PM UTC-10,

>>> That seems a bit low for your accident and your pain/suffering,
>>> but hopefully all parties are happy with the outcome.
>>>
>> I don't know why, but all along I thought that's about the amount I
>> would receive. No gripes as I had no lasting injury nor was I in
>> the hospital or rehab which I am mighty grateful for.
>
> I'm glad you're satisfied. Hopefully, you did not waive your right to
> file a claim in the future if some problems pop up - mostly neck and
> spine problems.

That reminded me of a very interesting movie I watched last week,
Certain Women. It's basically three short movies back to back with
epilogues at the end. The first one features Laura Dern as a lawyer in a
small town in Montana whose disgruntled client is a guy who was disabled
in an industrial accident and is trying to sue the employer. She is
having a hard time trying to make him accept that he cannot sue because
he had already settled.

dsi1

Dec 5, 2022, 2:18:59 PM12/5/22
My son is working for a lawyer that specializes in SS disabilities claims. I think most people need help from a professional advocate because the Social Security Administration will always deny a claim initially. That's their racket. I guess that it saves them a lot of money by not having to spend a bunch of time going over claims until they have to.

Bruce

Dec 5, 2022, 2:19:10 PM12/5/22
A feral bitch can be honest.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

GM

Dec 5, 2022, 2:57:40 PM12/5/22
dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 9:08:48 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> My son is working for a lawyer that specializes in SS disabilities claims. I think most people need help from a professional advocate because the Social Security Administration will always deny a claim initially.

About 70+% of the time...

After the initial denial, SS assumes that the vast majority of claimants will, 1) give up in despair, or 2) die...

An SS employee told me that, actually...

>That's their racket. I guess that it saves them a lot of money by not having to spend a bunch of time going over claims until they have to.

Au contraire, they go over every claim meticulously. As the claim forms are confusing, people make mistakes, and SS will deny a claim for even the tiniest thing...

I took training to be an SSDI Navigator, my role was to the Appointed Representative of those filing claims (usually they were homeless, addicted, had mental issues); this could be in conjunction with an attorney... medical records are also crucial...

Hardest thing (academically) I've ever done, I sweated bullets writing a 10 - page Medical Summary Report... takes several weeks of work to do one well, you are like a "detective", presenting "evidence" as to why someone cannot work...

One long - time paraplegic client was refused, she was told, "There is no reason you cannot work from home, it's the pandemic and millions are doing so..."

Anyone claiming substance abuse as a main contributing factor is *automatically* rejected...

One must show that a combo of physical/mental impairments are the main factors...

That's the breaks... :-|

This is the training I took, your son might find this helpful, it is not just for homeless peeps:

https://www.samhsa.gov/soar

"SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) increases access to Social Security disability benefits for people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.

https://soarworks.samhsa.gov/course/soar-online-course-adult-curriculum

SOAR Online Course: Adult Curriculum:

This course trains case workers to assist adults (age 18+) who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness
and have a serious mental illness, medical impairment, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder to
apply for the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) disability programs, Supplemental Security Income
(SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)..."

</>

--
GM <<<=== "You're welcome" ;-D

Leonard Blaisdell

Dec 6, 2022, 3:21:35 PM12/6/22
On 2022-12-05, dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

> My son is working for a lawyer that specializes in SS disabilities claims. I think most people need help from a professional advocate because the Social Security Administration will always deny a claim initially. That's their racket. I guess that it saves them a lot of money by not having to spend a bunch of time going over claims until they have to.

I think I understand. One racket begat another. Ain't America great!

dsi1

Dec 6, 2022, 3:35:08 PM12/6/22
You sound like a guy that never had to use disability insurance. You've probably been paying into the system for most of your live. I don't any problem with people being able to access that money when they need it. Do you enjoy forking over your money to the insurance companies and the feds without expecting the money to be used for its intended purpose? I can't understand that attitude.
My son wouldn't want to be a part of any racket anyways. He's a rather peculiar son - it's like having Jesus as a son. Beats me how that came about.

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 3:43:33 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 12:35:04 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
wrote:
Bryan has a Holy Son too.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 6, 2022, 4:17:14 PM12/6/22
The problem with SS disability is the fraudsters. Plenty of people made
claims, collected because they can't work anymore. Then they have a
cash business on the side with a lot of physical labor involved.

dsi1

Dec 6, 2022, 4:33:49 PM12/6/22
You're right about that - a certain percentage will play the system. OTOH, advocates will typically refuse fraudulent claims.

dsi1

Dec 6, 2022, 4:35:46 PM12/6/22
My son's teachers and classmates expect that he'll be famous one day. That's not bad for a kid diagnosed with Asperger's when he was a kid.

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 4:42:37 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 13:35:42 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
Einstein had Asperger's.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Leonard Blaisdell

Dec 6, 2022, 4:55:16 PM12/6/22
On 2022-12-06, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

> The problem with SS disability is the fraudsters. Plenty of people made
> claims, collected because they can't work anymore. Then they have a
> cash business on the side with a lot of physical labor involved.

For every law, rule or regulation ever made in good faith, a substantial
number of people will find a way to subvert it for their own benefit.
That is why "the law" has become big business.

dsi1

Dec 6, 2022, 5:05:47 PM12/6/22

GM

Dec 6, 2022, 5:09:18 PM12/6/22
Timing is important as well...

When you are dating someone, you are more likely to say, “the new haircut looks great!” vs. 10 years into a marriage when it may sound more like, “Jeez, was Daffy Duck your stylist!?”

🦃

--
GM

Dave Smith

Dec 6, 2022, 5:13:37 PM12/6/22
Unfortunately, there are a lot of disability scammers out there.
One them, was one of my co-workers. He had long talked about
disabilities that were hard to disprove One day he came into work and
heard that another guy was off with a bad back after having fallen off a
truck. His eyes lit up when he realized that was something he could try
to get away with.

Sure enough, about a week later he claimed to have fallen off a truck
and hurt his back. He stayed home on compensation for a while and came
back on light duty and somehow managed to get a 10% disability pension
on top of his regular pay. He was doing less than we were and getting
paid 10% extra for it. Meanwhile, the guy was moonlighting with his own
landscaping business. He would do his light duty for bonus pay and then
go out in the evening and rototill lawns.

Guys like this are the reason that people with legitimate claims get
hassled.

Graham

Dec 6, 2022, 5:19:14 PM12/6/22
Didn't you report him? If not, why not?

jmcquown

Dec 6, 2022, 5:25:42 PM12/6/22
On 12/6/2022 4:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> The problem with SS disability is the fraudsters.  Plenty of people made
> claims, collected because they can't work anymore.  Then they have a
> cash business on the side with a lot of physical labor involved.

Same thing with Worker's Compensation claims. I recall two specific
instances in which [two separate] employers became suspicious of darn
near impossible to disprove soft tissue back injuries. In one instance,
the man's boss knew the guy was big into Civil War Reenactments. There
happened to be a Reenactment coming up so he contacted the claims
adjuster. A claims investigator was sent to the site and taped this guy
wearing a heavy full military kit, carrying a rifle, running and
dropping and rolling on the ground. Yet he claimed he could barely get
out of bed. *Poof* went the claim and he was immediately fired.
Similar situation with a woman who made the same sort of claim. Her
supervisor was suspicious so again with a claims investigator. She was
caught on tape wrestling a mattress out of the back of her pickup truck
into her house. Yet she couldn't work or walk. This kind of fraud only
serves to hurt those who do NOT try to scam the system.

Jill

Dave Smith

Dec 6, 2022, 5:36:20 PM12/6/22
Like the freemen of the land or the sovereign citizens who figure they
don't have to abide by the law because they did not consent to them.
It's always amusing to listen to their legal argument because they spew
it as if there was actually a valid legal basis to it.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 6, 2022, 5:46:13 PM12/6/22
On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 3:42:37 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> Einstein had Asperger's.
>
> Bruce

He was 'diagnosed' y-e-a-r-s after his death but no diagnosis while he
was alive.

Thomas Joseph

Dec 6, 2022, 5:54:47 PM12/6/22
Michael Trew wrote:
itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> > The adjuster from Travelers called me today and was wondering if
> > I was ok and perhaps ready to close this claim. I told her I had sent
> > her an e-mail July 08 stating that. She apologized profusely that she
> > had not received it so I forwarded her a copy. I can still submit a claim
> > for several more months but I've had no problems and was willing to
> > settle today. She deposited $5,000 into my PayPal account and I've
> > transferred that into my bank account.

> That seems a bit low for your accident and your pain/suffering, but
> hopefully all parties are happy with the outcome.

On the surface I will agree with you. But this case is different because
no matter what the mystic e-biker says or how many distant and inconclusive
videos she posts of the 'accident' she was partly responsible and is
fortunate to be getting anything at all. But most of the people on this
group exude a very materialistic vibe, who owns this, who owns that all
the time - and for those people it's never enough. So yes, in a relative way
the amount was not enough, not for people who confuse wants with needs
on a daily basis.

Dave Smith

Dec 6, 2022, 6:31:52 PM12/6/22
That would mean that he was not ever diagnosed with Aspergers. He may
have been reported to have shown some behaviours that might have placed
him in the spectrum, but Aspergers was not even invented until the
1940s. He was never tested for it and never diagnosed.

Dave Smith

Dec 6, 2022, 6:34:12 PM12/6/22
Maybe I should make a confession. I had a back injury from an incident
at work too. I fell of a truck and, according to my doctor, I pulled
lumbar muscles. I was off work for two months. I went to physiotherapy
and had to go to their gym daily to do their exercise routine.

One of the exercises involved stuff that was much like downhill skiing
and I asked my therapist if I could go skiing. She thought it was a
great idea.... as long as I didn't fall. In those days I used to
chaperone my son's schools ski trips down to Ellicottville NY. The
teacher in charge could not understand how I could go skiing while I was
off work on compensation. The truth was that it did wonders for my
back... and I was careful not to fall.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 6, 2022, 6:47:26 PM12/6/22
Exactly.

jmcquown

Dec 6, 2022, 7:06:33 PM12/6/22
Uh... wasn't that the co-worker whose eyes lit up when he heard someone
fell off a truck so he filed a claim? Or was he thrilled at hearing you
had fallen off a truck and filed a claim?

> One of the exercises involved stuff that was much like downhill skiing
> and I asked my therapist if I could go skiing. She thought it was a
> great idea.... as long as I didn't fall.  In those days I used to
> chaperone my son's schools ski trips down to Ellicottville NY. The
> teacher in charge could not understand how I could go skiing while I was
> off work on compensation. The truth was that it did wonders for my
> back... and I was careful not to fall.

Are you saying you were being paid due from a comp claim due to an
injury and part of the approved exercises was to chaperone your kid and
his school friends on ski trips? Wow.

Jill

dsi1

Dec 6, 2022, 7:07:59 PM12/6/22
My guess is that Asperger's Syndrome was around even before the 1940's. Even before there was a Herr Asperger. My guess is the syndrome was around when man lived in caves. These days, "Asperger's" is not a recognized diagnosis in the psychiatric field. People with the syndrome exist still.

jmcquown

Dec 6, 2022, 7:13:07 PM12/6/22
In this case I suspect your use of the term "'diagnosed'" was facetious.
Einstein having Asperger's is nothing but an Internet rumor, much like
the department store cooking recipe. There was no test for it, he was
never diagnosed with it, they certainly didn't dissect his brain
posthumously to test for it. And what the heck does Einstein and
Asperger's have to do with anything?

Jill

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 6, 2022, 7:24:12 PM12/6/22
On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 6:13:07 PM UTC-6, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> In this case I suspect your use of the term "'diagnosed'" was facetious.
> Einstein having Asperger's is nothing but an Internet rumor, much like
> the department store cooking recipe. There was no test for it, he was
> never diagnosed with it, they certainly didn't dissect his brain
> posthumously to test for it. And what the heck does Einstein and
> Asperger's have to do with anything?
>
> Jill

BINGO!

Hank Rogers

Dec 6, 2022, 7:54:22 PM12/6/22
Nah, he likely just dumped some trash on the guy's lawn.

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 8:36:43 PM12/6/22
Maybe it wouldn't stand in court.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 8:37:45 PM12/6/22
Einstein's kind of genius always comes at the expense of something, so
I believe it.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 8:38:17 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 15:47:22 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 5:31:52 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > He was 'diagnosed' y-e-a-r-s after his death but no diagnosis while he
>> > was alive.
>> >
>> That would mean that he was not ever diagnosed with Aspergers. He may
>> have been reported to have shown some behaviours that might have placed
>> him in the spectrum, but Aspergers was not even invented until the
>> 1940s. He was never tested for it and never diagnosed.
>>
>Exactly.

Why do y'all care?

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 8:39:43 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 16:07:55 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 1:31:52 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > He was 'diagnosed' y-e-a-r-s after his death but no diagnosis while he
>> > was alive.
>> That would mean that he was not ever diagnosed with Aspergers. He may
>> have been reported to have shown some behaviours that might have placed
>> him in the spectrum, but Aspergers was not even invented until the
>> 1940s. He was never tested for it and never diagnosed.
>
>My guess is that Asperger's Syndrome was around even before the 1940's. Even before there was a Herr Asperger. My guess is the syndrome was around when man lived in caves. These days, "Asperger's" is not a recognized diagnosis in the psychiatric field. People with the syndrome exist still.

Half the world is "on the spectrum" these days.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 8:41:57 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 19:13:01 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Why do y'all get worked up? Do y'all think Einstein's an American hero
who needs to be defended by American patriots or something? He was
born in Germany. And, anyway, having Asperger's isn't something to be
ashamed of.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

dsi1

Dec 6, 2022, 8:59:08 PM12/6/22
Several posters here are probably Asperger folks. After raising an aspie kid I know the signs. I'm pretty much an Asperger's expert. In fact, I probably was neuroatypical when I was a boy. I remember my mom telling me that I should walk with my eyes pointing straight ahead and not at the ground. That's very good advice. I grew out of that when I was in my 20's.

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 9:02:06 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 17:59:03 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 3:39:43 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 16:07:55 -0800 (PST), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >My guess is that Asperger's Syndrome was around even before the 1940's. Even before there was a Herr Asperger. My guess is the syndrome was around when man lived in caves. These days, "Asperger's" is not a recognized diagnosis in the psychiatric field. People with the syndrome exist still.
>> Half the world is "on the spectrum" these days.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce
>> <https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>
>
>Several posters here are probably Asperger folks. After raising an aspie kid I know the signs. I'm pretty much an Asperger's expert. In fact, I probably was neuroatypical when I was a boy. I remember my mom telling me that I should walk with my eyes pointing straight ahead and not at the ground. That's very good advice. I grew out of that when I was in my 20's.

One sign is obsession with one or two topics (not being ingredient
lists).

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 6, 2022, 9:03:23 PM12/6/22
> Bruce

Why did you post something that can't be proven? Why do you care
if we doubt your statement?

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 9:06:45 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 18:03:19 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 7:38:17 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>> >Exactly.
>> >
>> Why do y'all care?
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>Why did you post something that can't be proven? Why do you care
>if we doubt your statement?

I read it somewhere and it sounded plausible to me. Since it's not an
insult or an accusation or anything, I see no harm in repeating it.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 6, 2022, 9:11:03 PM12/6/22
> Bruce

You posted as if it were fact. What you should have written was "I've read
Einstein was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome after his death."

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 9:16:13 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 18:10:59 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 8:06:45 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 18:03:19 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>> >>
>> >Why did you post something that can't be proven? Why do you care
>> >if we doubt your statement?
>> >
>> I read it somewhere and it sounded plausible to me. Since it's not an
>> insult or an accusation or anything, I see no harm in repeating it.
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>You posted as if it were fact. What you should have written was "I've read
>Einstein was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome after his death."

I'm not in a court room here.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

jmcquown

Dec 6, 2022, 9:17:25 PM12/6/22
Or he could have posted something food related, like about Stilton
Cheese or some similar cheese. No reason whatsoever to post about
Einstein other than to hijack the thread.

Jill

Bruce

Dec 6, 2022, 9:25:13 PM12/6/22
On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 21:17:17 -0500, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 12/6/2022 9:10 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>> On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 8:06:45 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

>>> I read it somewhere and it sounded plausible to me. Since it's not an
>>> insult or an accusation or anything, I see no harm in repeating it.
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>
>> You posted as if it were fact. What you should have written was "I've read
>> Einstein was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome after his death."
>

>Or he could have posted something food related, like about Stilton
>Cheese or some similar cheese.

Or something about John Kuthe, right?

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Michael Trew

Dec 6, 2022, 10:29:03 PM12/6/22
On 12/6/2022 17:13, Dave Smith wrote:

> Unfortunately, there are a lot of disability scammers out there.
> One them, was one of my co-workers. He had long talked about
> disabilities that were hard to disprove One day he came into work and
> heard that another guy was off with a bad back after having fallen off a
> truck. His eyes lit up when he realized that was something he could try
> to get away with.

My ex-girlfriend's father was on SS disability... I don't remember if it
was mental or physical. Either way, he hauled scrap metal on the side
(got me into it for a time)... he made most of his money from the scrap
metal... I can't prove it, but I'm certain that he didn't claim that
extra income. To be fair, no one could truly live on the $800/mo that
he got from SS.

Leonard Blaisdell

Dec 6, 2022, 10:33:26 PM12/6/22
On 2022-12-07, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Or he could have posted something food related, like about Stilton
> Cheese or some similar cheese. No reason whatsoever to post about
> Einstein other than to hijack the thread.

Oh! That reminds me. Here's a picture of Leo's posole. I always forget
something and should really write my recipe down. Tonight I forgot a
small can of green chiles and a couple of squirts of lemon juice.
I added the lemon juice when my wife complained. I didn't have any
chiles. Good enough!
I really have to write the recipe down. I've posted a similar picture
before. Tortilla chips are the side, and I don't have to cook tomorrow.
Right there at the end of the previous sentence is where I'd put the
"thumbs up" emoji.

<https://postimg.cc/kBsgLM3f>

leo

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 6, 2022, 10:45:26 PM12/6/22
On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 9:33:26 PM UTC-6, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> Oh! That reminds me. Here's a picture of Leo's posole. I always forget
> something and should really write my recipe down. Tonight I forgot a
> small can of green chiles and a couple of squirts of lemon juice.
> I added the lemon juice when my wife complained. I didn't have any
> chiles. Good enough!
> I really have to write the recipe down. I've posted a similar picture
> before. Tortilla chips are the side, and I don't have to cook tomorrow.
> Right there at the end of the previous sentence is where I'd put the
> "thumbs up" emoji.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/kBsgLM3f>
>
> leo

I've never had posole so I can't give an opinion, but I know I don't like
those little cans of green chiles. They taste too much like dill pickles
to me. Do they taste like that to you?

Leonard Blaisdell

Dec 7, 2022, 12:34:45 AM12/7/22
On 2022-12-07, itsjoan...@webtv.net <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

> I've never had posole so I can't give an opinion, but I know I don't like
> those little cans of green chiles. They taste too much like dill pickles
> to me. Do they taste like that to you?

No, to me they are just a mild to hot little morsel in Mexican food that
adds flavor. They aren't pickled. I do have pickled jalapenos in a jar,
but that ain't them. :)
If I had a can, I'd take a picture. I usually buy Ortega brand, because
that's what's in the store. They come at various heat levels. Pay
attention to that if you ever buy them.

Leonard Blaisdell

Dec 7, 2022, 12:45:21 AM12/7/22
On 2022-12-07, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Einstein's kind of genius always comes at the expense of something, so
> I believe it.

I'm tellin' ya, the dude was divorced! You should google Catherine
Barton to get the scoop on Newton. They're both nuts, and thank God!

Bruce

Dec 7, 2022, 1:32:21 AM12/7/22
On 7 Dec 2022 05:45:14 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
<leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2022-12-07, Bruce <Br...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Einstein's kind of genius always comes at the expense of something, so
>> I believe it.
>

>I'm tellin' ya, the dude was divorced!

That's good in his case. He stopped thinking about the meaning of wife
and focused on more universal things.

>You should google Catherine Barton to get the scoop on Newton. They're both nuts, and thank God!

Ah, another case of the woman and the apple.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 7, 2022, 4:35:16 AM12/7/22
On 2022-12-07, dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

> I remember my mom telling me that I should walk with my eyes
> pointing straight ahead and not at the ground. That's very
> good advice.

Good advice if you like stepping in dogshit or tripping on broken
pavement. I often walk with my eyes down.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Gary

Dec 7, 2022, 8:08:10 AM12/7/22
Food related? Einstein?
I have a large cardboard pic of Einstein in my FOOD freezer (for many
years now). It lays on the small rack above the ice cube tray section.
Keeps random bits from falling on the ice cube trays below.

Dave Smith

Dec 7, 2022, 8:54:15 AM12/7/22
A lot of that depends on your spatial awareness and peripheral vision.
My wife has always had poor eyesight and limited peripheral vision. She
is forever tripping on things. She doesn't like to come out walking
with me at night because she will end up tripping on something.

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 7, 2022, 9:14:26 AM12/7/22
I've been wearing glasses since I was about 10 years old. I can't
resolve much of anything that's outside the focal area, unless it's
at least the size of a person.

I was walking down my own damned driveway and strayed too far toward
the edge while looking at someone farther down the driveway. My foot
left the pavement and down I went. Sprained ankle, face-planted in
some gravel, badly scratched my glasses, busted my lip open.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Mike Duffy

Dec 7, 2022, 10:43:41 AM12/7/22
On 2022-12-07, Cindy Hamilton <hami...@invalid.com> wrote:

> Good advice if you like stepping in dogshit

Heck, I spend half my time on a walk *looking* for dogshit.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Dec 7, 2022, 12:19:57 PM12/7/22
On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 8:14:26 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I've been wearing glasses since I was about 10 years old. I can't
> resolve much of anything that's outside the focal area, unless it's
> at least the size of a person.
>
> I was walking down my own damned driveway and strayed too far toward
> the edge while looking at someone farther down the driveway. My foot
> left the pavement and down I went. Sprained ankle, face-planted in
> some gravel, badly scratched my glasses, busted my lip open.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I've worn glasses since I was 12 but I've always looked straight ahead
but always scanning my surrounding area. Looking for broken concrete
on a sidewalk, dog poop, phlegm that some nasty person has hacked up,
chewing gum, etc.

Bruce

Dec 7, 2022, 12:32:07 PM12/7/22
Eew. Have you seen a shrink about that?

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Hank Rogers

Dec 7, 2022, 3:07:41 PM12/7/22
Have you considered developing a computerized dog shit optical
infrared seeker? Maybe provide active illumination, switchable to
various wavelengths.

You could mount it in a helmet and use a phone to display alerts,
and basic status info.

Really stylish if you mounted a propeller on your helmet too.

Mike Duffy

Dec 7, 2022, 3:53:13 PM12/7/22
On 2022-12-07, Hank Rogers <ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Really stylish if you mounted a
> propeller on your helmet too.

That's a pair of small wind turbines.
I don't use them for electricity though.
They drive a pair of nostril impellors.

It's like a stereo nasal turbocharger.

Dave Smith

Dec 7, 2022, 4:28:52 PM12/7/22
Don't you have food banks there?

;-)

Thomas Joseph

Dec 7, 2022, 5:30:38 PM12/7/22
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

> > I remember my mom telling me that I should walk with my eyes
> > pointing straight ahead and not at the ground. That's very
> > good advice.

> Good advice if you like stepping in dogshit or tripping on broken
> pavement. I often walk with my eyes down.

I believe Dave the Dude is talking about getting 'the big picture'. Looking
straight ahead one should be able to see trouble before it happens. The
pavement you're standing on now, you will have to look down to see it.
But you already saw it when you were looking straight ahead. Anything
out of the ordinary should spark one's attention.

I will confess though that once I was out for a late night speed walk
and really flying when suddenly I slammed into something that didn't
move. It was a giant pile of gravel. I have excuses for bumping into
it, but I won't go into them (because they're a bit bogus). It was funny.
Had the pile been shorter, much shorter, like ankle height, I would have
been driven down to my knees or even my face. But because the pile
was so large all it did was prop me up. It was funny.

I remember an old single-frame "Henry" cartoon from when I was a
kid where Henry is walking down the street with the caption reading,
"Don't look down, always look up!", as he walks over a ten dollar bill.