Homemade Cool Whip

Cindy Hamilton

Dec 8, 2022, 9:26:40 AM12/8/22
For those of you who want the good features of Cool Whip without
the nasty metallic taste:

https://www.seriouseats.com/copycat-cool-whip-recipe

Serious Eats is doing a big feature on bubbles right now:

Baked goods
Foams like whipped cream and meringue
Carbonated things like kombucha and other fermented products
Bubbles produced by boiling

--
Cindy Hamilton

Bryan Simmons

Dec 8, 2022, 10:29:17 AM12/8/22
On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 8:26:40 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> For those of you who want the good features of Cool Whip without
> the nasty metallic taste:
>
> https://www.seriouseats.com/copycat-cool-whip-recipe

Nasty crap. It belongs in the dessert trough after gobbing
down the slop in the entree trough.

> --
> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Dec 8, 2022, 11:00:22 PM12/8/22
Reminds me of your crappy store-bought pre-shredded cheese -- except for
the fact that I'd take a dollop of cool whip on pie before any bag
cheese on my supper.

Bryan Simmons

Dec 9, 2022, 6:16:08 AM12/9/22
A little bit of powdered cellulose that has some
effect on mouthfeel *until* the cheese is melted.
At which point it makes no difference at all. That,
versus Cool Whip. That would be exceptionally
stupid, even if it came from Kuthe. And this from
a White trash, WV Panhandle hillbilly with a yard
full of junker cars, who cooks steak to death, and
admittedly doesn't much like cheese in the first
place.

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Dec 9, 2022, 7:32:49 PM12/9/22
On 12/9/2022 6:16, Bryan Simmons wrote:

> A little bit of powdered cellulose that has some
> effect on mouthfeel *until* the cheese is melted.
> At which point it makes no difference at all. That,
> versus Cool Whip. That would be exceptionally
> stupid, even if it came from Kuthe.

It's easy to tell the flavor difference from pre-grated vs block
cheese... and a block of cheese is also more affordable.

> And this from
> a White trash, WV Panhandle hillbilly with a yard
> full of junker cars, who cooks steak to death, and
> admittedly doesn't much like cheese in the first
> place.
>
> --Bryan

Keep on speculating. I'm not sure why you can't comprehend that I've
never lived in West Virginia. Are you starting to go senile as well?

Ed Pawlowski

Dec 9, 2022, 8:34:12 PM12/9/22
Perhaps Bryan is jealous and is really part of this WV family and wants
you to join
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGiFpJC9LM&ab_channel=SoftWhiteUnderbelly

Michael Trew

Dec 9, 2022, 9:03:24 PM12/9/22
On 12/9/2022 20:34, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/9/2022 7:32 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 12/9/2022 6:16, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>>> And this from a White trash, WV Panhandle hillbilly with a yard
>>> full of junker cars, who cooks steak to death, and admittedly
>>> doesn't much like cheese in the first place.
>>
>> Keep on speculating. I'm not sure why you can't comprehend that
>> I've never lived in West Virginia. Are you starting to go senile
>> as well?
>
> Perhaps Bryan is jealous and is really part of this WV family and
> wants you to join
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGiFpJC9LM&ab_channel=SoftWhiteUnderbelly

I've watched that series. Fitting that they live in "odd, WV", which is
in the southern-portion of the state. I feel badly for those folks, who
were born into that situation.