Re: OT: noise to signal

Michael Trew

Sep 17, 2021, 1:33:37 PM9/17/21
On 9/17/2021 10:22 AM, heyjoe wrote:
> heyjoe wrote :
>
>> Ever wonder why there's so much needless, tedious noise in this
>> newsgroup?
>
> What do these topics have to do with food or cooking?
>
> From 2012/9/16 12:03:58 AM to 2021/9/16 11:28:40 PM
>
> Subject -
> Re: Daisey Dukes Summer and Lunch
> Seroquel salesmen, Why?
> Re: O. T. - - - Meet Pepper the Cat - - - O.T.
> Re: My A/C is fixed
> Re: I'm getting a Refurbished Nordictrack computer Wednesday or Thursday
> Re: French Laundering
> Re: My Front Garden 9/4/2012
> new Trump 911 Lie
> Kill the Spotted Lanternlfly? WHY?
> In my 61 years of life, I have come to one inescapable conclusion:
> OT: "Remember *Her*...!!!???"
> Re: Unions Employment Application Fee d

Hey... one of those threads was vaguely related to "lunch".. lol

John Kuthe

Sep 17, 2021, 6:38:42 PM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 12:33:37 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/17/2021 10:22 AM, heyjoe wrote:
> > heyjoe wrote :
> >
> >> Ever wonder why there's so much needless, tedious noise in this
> >> newsgroup?

As an EE and long time audio equipment afficionado, the term is usually Signal to Noise or SN:

John Kuthe, RN, BSN....

odlayo

Sep 18, 2021, 2:43:43 PM9/18/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 5:38:42 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> As an EE and long time audio equipment afficionado, the term is usually Signal to Noise or SN:

That's because with audio the (desirable) signal is greater than the noise. Noise to signal is appropriate for rfc.

Mike Duffy

Sep 18, 2021, 3:18:48 PM9/18/21
On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 11:43:39 -0700, odlayo wrote:

> That's because with audio the (desirable) signal is greater than the
> noise. Noise to signal is appropriate for rfc.

John is speaking from an EE degree slant. They always take the log to
convert to decibels and so the sign in front of the number is negative
for gains less than unity.

You are correct of course. John & myself just love to spout technical
jargon when given the chance.

John Kuthe

Sep 18, 2021, 4:53:37 PM9/18/21
Yano what the difference between a Fourier Transform and a Laplace Transform is? :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

GM

Sep 18, 2021, 4:58:30 PM9/18/21
I DO know that the BEST place for your FACE is RIGHT up against my ASS, John - boi...

Lol...!!!

😋

--
GM

Geoff Rove

Sep 18, 2021, 5:15:13 PM9/18/21
Did I hit a nerve with my Blue Cross Blue Shield Aurora Advocate comments?

Bruce 3.2

Sep 18, 2021, 5:35:38 PM9/18/21
>> ?
>>
>> --
>> GM
>
>Did I hit a nerve with my Blue Cross Blue Shield Aurora Advocate comments?

Can we shorten that to BCBSAA?

Geoff Rove

Sep 18, 2021, 6:50:52 PM9/18/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 12:33:37 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
My French Laundry topic referred to a famous Napa Ca restaurant.

Hank Rogers

Sep 18, 2021, 6:56:27 PM9/18/21
Simple. One is taken normally, and one is taken during masturbation
while ripping.

The transforms only work if you have 3 degrees.

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 18, 2021, 10:04:25 PM9/18/21
Every Fourier has a Laplace. But not the other way around

Geoff Rove

Sep 20, 2021, 2:34:10 PM9/20/21
Sure BCBSAA-Holes

Bruce

Oct 1, 2021, 10:44:47 AM10/1/21
On 2021-09-20 22:26:08 +0000, heyjoe said:

> Geoff Rove wrote :
>
>> My French Laundry topic referred to a famous Napa Ca restaurant.
>
> "French"
> "Napa Ca"
>
> Totally not interested . . . ever.

While you're at it, why don't you post a list of what you are
interested in. Then we can all try our best to more "properly" target
posts toward your interests.

Bruce

Oct 1, 2021, 12:30:22 PM10/1/21
On 2021-10-01 16:18:14 +0000, heyjoe said:

> Bruce wrote :
>
>> While you're at it, why don't you post a list of what you are
>> interested in. Then we can all try our best to more "properly" target
>> posts toward your interests.
>
> food
> cooking
>
> I was surprised how many of the top 20 subjects appeared to be about
> food or cooking. I guess thread drift takes discussions away from
> food/cooking.

You are correct but as you probably know this has been the way of the
RFC since the better foodys left to FB. Most of the oldies here can't
figure out how to sign up for FB.

Cindy Hamilton

Oct 1, 2021, 12:46:57 PM10/1/21
Heh. I can figure it out. I simply don't want to.

Cindy Hamilton

bruce bowser

Oct 1, 2021, 12:56:00 PM10/1/21
Maybe Micheal was just looking for an opportunity to repeat a phrase he recently heard.

jmcquown

Oct 1, 2021, 1:00:50 PM10/1/21
"Better Foodys"? LOL

> Heh. I can figure it out. I simply don't want to.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Pardon the temporary Kuthe-like reply: FB sucks. ;)

Jill

Michael Trew

Oct 1, 2021, 3:20:31 PM10/1/21
On 10/1/2021 10:20 AM, heyjoe wrote:
> heyjoe wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Top Posters
> Articles Name Most Used Newsreader
> -- -------- -------------------------- --------------------
> 1 1542 Michael Trew Mozilla
> 2 1081 Bruce 3.2 ForteAgent
> 3 525 Cindy Hamilton G2
> 4 521 itsjoan...@webtv.net G2
> 5 516 Bryan Simmons G2
> 6 478 John Kuthe G2
> 7 452 GM G2
> 8 404 jmcquown Mozilla
> 9 371 dsi1 G2
> 10 355 Hank Rogers Mozilla
> 11 349 Gary Mozilla
> 12 325 Dave Smith Mozilla
> 13 265 Ed Pawlowski Mozilla
> 14 246 Bruce 3.3 ForteAgent
> 15 228 Ophelia Mozilla
> 16 205 Sheldon Martin ForteAgent
> 17 194 bruce bowser G2
> 18 189 Bruce 0.76 Beta ForteAgent
> 19 181 Sqwertz Mozilla
> 20 167 Mike Duffy Pan

Jesus.. I have all 3 Bruce versions added together beat? Yikes.. oops lol

Michael Trew

Oct 1, 2021, 3:22:28 PM10/1/21
On 10/1/2021 12:18 PM, heyjoe wrote:
> Bruce wrote :
>
>> While you're at it, why don't you post a list of what you are
>> interested in. Then we can all try our best to more "properly" target
>> posts toward your interests.
>
> food
> cooking
>
> I was surprised how many of the top 20 subjects appeared to be about
> food or cooking. I guess thread drift takes discussions away from
> food/cooking.

Yes, heavy thread drifts. The WW1 food thread that I started, top of
the list, veered way off track a few times.