Biscuits & Gravy

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 8:08:06 AM8/17/09
Biscuits & Gravy

I've got five choices:

Denny's
IHOP
Perkins

There's not an IHOP for 8.1 miles from home. Denny's uses a milk gravy. No
sausage gravy to be sure! There's a Perkins closer but I've tried them
already and they don't serve up decent biscuits and gravy (same milk gravy
as Denny's), compared to the Perkins in Florida that got me addicted to the
real stuff in the first place! $2.00 all-you-can-eat Sunday buffet brunch,
It was there that I learned the true meaning of life. :9

There's always the VFW in town, once a month. They do it right, only once a
month. :(

Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?

Andy <--- The fifth choice
--
I'm no longer a danger to society.

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 17, 2009, 8:37:35 AM8/17/09
On Aug 17, 8:08 am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:

> Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?

Me. I've never had it/them. I find biscuits greasy enough on their
own. On the
vanishingly rare occasions when I eat them, just a little jam
suffices.

Cindy Hamilton
Damnyankee

jmcquown

Aug 17, 2009, 8:44:16 AM8/17/09
"Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Cindy Hamilton
Damnyankee

LOL You've obviously never had good biscuits. I cannot make good biscuits
from scratch anymore. I buy the frozen ones, MaryB is the brand. They cook
up nice and fluffy and are definitely not "greasy". You should give them a
try. I leave it up to you to decide about gravy.

Jill

Omelet

Aug 17, 2009, 8:44:32 AM8/17/09
In article
<b5207c0a-e626-4357...@26g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>,
Cindy Hamilton <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

There are so many ways to eat biscuits. :-)

I love them with just butter (or not), or butter and jam, or butter and
honey, or gravy, or better yet, sausage with gravy, or made into a
sammich with sausage and egg and cheese...

I could go on!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

recfood...@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: recfoodrecip...@yahoogroups.com

Omelet

Aug 17, 2009, 8:50:00 AM8/17/09
In article <7et1l1F...@mid.individual.net>,
"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

I've never had a greasy biscuit. I have to wonder how she makes them?

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 8:56:00 AM8/17/09
Cindy Hamilton said...

Cindy,

I didn't try biscuits & gravy until my early 20s. Great stuff once I
finally found it, imho.

Jam is good!

Best,

Andy

Bob Muncie

Aug 17, 2009, 8:57:56 AM8/17/09
Omelet wrote:
> In article <7et1l1F...@mid.individual.net>,
> "jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> "Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Aug 17, 8:08 am, Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:
>>
>>> Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?
>> Me. I've never had it/them. I find biscuits greasy enough on their
>> own. On the
>> vanishingly rare occasions when I eat them, just a little jam
>> suffices.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>> Damnyankee
>>

>> LOL You've obviously never had good biscuits. I cannot make good biscuits
>> from scratch anymore. I buy the frozen ones, MaryB is the brand. They cook
>> up nice and fluffy and are definitely not "greasy". You should give them a
>> try. I leave it up to you to decide about gravy.
>>
>> Jill
>
> I've never had a greasy biscuit. I have to wonder how she makes them?

Most of the ones that come out of a roll container at the store are a
bit greasy to me. I haven't bought many of the frozen ones, but likely
will before too much longer.

However, simple homemade rolls with some sausage gravy is hard to beat.

Bob

jmcquown

Aug 17, 2009, 9:19:44 AM8/17/09
"Bob Muncie" <bob.m...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Omelet wrote:
>> In article <7et1l1F...@mid.individual.net>,
>> "jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Me. I've never had it/them. I find biscuits greasy enough on their
>>> own. On the
>>> vanishingly rare occasions when I eat them, just a little jam
>>> suffices.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>> Damnyankee
>>>

>>> LOL You've obviously never had good biscuits. I cannot make good
>>> biscuits from scratch anymore. I buy the frozen ones, MaryB is the
>>> brand. They cook up nice and fluffy and are definitely not "greasy".
>>> You should give them a try. I leave it up to you to decide about gravy.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>
>> I've never had a greasy biscuit. I have to wonder how she makes them?
>
> Most of the ones that come out of a roll container at the store are a bit
> greasy to me.

They try to add "butter" to make them seem like from scratch. But the
rolled biscuits from the tube are just awful. So yeah, that would probably
qualify as greasy.

> I haven't bought many of the frozen ones, but likely will before too much
> longer.

Give them a try, can't hurt :)

> However, simple homemade rolls with some sausage gravy is hard to beat.
>
> Bob

Yep! Even plain white (cream) gravy is fine when it's done right.

Jill

Omelet

Aug 17, 2009, 9:22:54 AM8/17/09
In article <h6bk4k$fcn$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Bob Muncie <bob.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

I tend to cheat and get the ones from work at the cafeteria. They are
open when I leave at 06:30. (I work night shifts). I think they come
from frozen and they are not greasy at all!

Breakfast Goodies: (steam table at work)
http://i32.tinypic.com/2v1aheh.jpg

You can see the biscuits over on the left. They are huge, fluffy and not
the least bit greasy!

Southern Breakfast Plated: (I made the eggs at home,
the rest I bought at work and plated it when I got home!)
http://i29.tinypic.com/2lu3mur.jpg

Bob Muncie

Aug 17, 2009, 9:32:10 AM8/17/09

Jill - I am probably a little nonstandard on making my sausage gravy. I
brown and crumble the bulk sausage, and while it's draining on a paper
towel, I wipe out the skillet. Than I put in about 3 TBs of bacon
grease, get it nice and hot, add close to the same amount of GP flour,
and stir until incorporated. Then add milk at room temp, until the
simmer bubbles sing to me.

I salt an pepper to taste, add the cooked sausage into the white gravy,
spoon that over what just came out of the oven as biscuits. Than add a
few squirts of regular Tabasco over the top, and re-pepper.

That's what I call comfort food. Normally I end up having seconds.

Bob

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 9:33:29 AM8/17/09
Omelet said...

> I tend to cheat and get the ones from work at the cafeteria. They are
> open when I leave at 06:30. (I work night shifts). I think they come
> from frozen and they are not greasy at all!
>
> Breakfast Goodies: (steam table at work)
> http://i32.tinypic.com/2v1aheh.jpg
>
> You can see the biscuits over on the left. They are huge, fluffy and not
> the least bit greasy!

Well heck, what's left to say other than I WANT YOUR JOB!!!?

Andy

Bob Muncie

Aug 17, 2009, 9:33:44 AM8/17/09

You!... You cheater!!

Well, alls good in food and love.. something like that ;-)

Bob

Giusi

Aug 17, 2009, 9:34:35 AM8/17/09

"Cindy Hamilton" ha scritto nel messaggio
Andy <a...@b.c> wrote:

> Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?

I find biscuits greasy enough on theirown.
Cindy Hamilton

You are obviously the victim of biscuit abuse, because proper ones are not
greasy. Some people brush the top with butter but I don't. Wouldn't make
them greasy anyway. You need to seek out a kind old lady either from New
England or the deep south and ask her kindly make me some biscuits.

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 9:58:43 AM8/17/09
Giusi said...

The rfc cabal (TINC) is preparing to lower the FoodCon level of food
preparation preparedness to FoodCon: 4 (maraschino cherry red;).

Andy

Omelet

Aug 17, 2009, 10:07:34 AM8/17/09
In article <h6bm4s$24e$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Bob Muncie <bob.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jill - I am probably a little nonstandard on making my sausage gravy. I
> brown and crumble the bulk sausage, and while it's draining on a paper
> towel, I wipe out the skillet. Than I put in about 3 TBs of bacon
> grease, get it nice and hot, add close to the same amount of GP flour,
> and stir until incorporated. Then add milk at room temp, until the
> simmer bubbles sing to me.
>
> I salt an pepper to taste, add the cooked sausage into the white gravy,
> spoon that over what just came out of the oven as biscuits. Than add a
> few squirts of regular Tabasco over the top, and re-pepper.
>
> That's what I call comfort food. Normally I end up having seconds.
>
> Bob

Dude, you really do know how to cook.

I may have to reconsider that marriage proposal! <g>

Omelet

Aug 17, 2009, 10:08:51 AM8/17/09
In article <h6bm7n$24e$2...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Bob Muncie <bob.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

<laughs> I know what you mean...

Re-heated eggs don't work for me. The rest is arbitrary. <g>

Bob Muncie

Aug 17, 2009, 10:23:22 AM8/17/09
Omelet wrote:
> In article <h6bm4s$24e$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Bob Muncie <bob.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jill - I am probably a little nonstandard on making my sausage gravy. I
>> brown and crumble the bulk sausage, and while it's draining on a paper
>> towel, I wipe out the skillet. Than I put in about 3 TBs of bacon
>> grease, get it nice and hot, add close to the same amount of GP flour,
>> and stir until incorporated. Then add milk at room temp, until the
>> simmer bubbles sing to me.
>>
>> I salt an pepper to taste, add the cooked sausage into the white gravy,
>> spoon that over what just came out of the oven as biscuits. Than add a
>> few squirts of regular Tabasco over the top, and re-pepper.
>>
>> That's what I call comfort food. Normally I end up having seconds.
>>
>> Bob
>
> Dude, you really do know how to cook.
>
> I may have to reconsider that marriage proposal! <g>

Say the word... I'll be there :-)

Bob

Nanzi

Aug 17, 2009, 11:42:31 AM8/17/09

Andy, Sausage gravy is easy to make. Crumble and fry out the sausage
- I usually use Jimmy Dean, Hot, or Jamestown, Hot.BTW an iron skillet
is what I use so I can scrape the bottom as you are frying it out.
While you are frying it out add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of flour and
keep frying til browned. Add Milk, a good quart or so, and keep
stirring. At this point all the stuff stuck to the skillet from the
meat and flour will come up if you stir it up. Bring to a boil, turn
down heat and boil slowly stirring often til flour is cooked, 3 min or
so, and mixture is thickened. If too thick add more milk. You can add
onions to the mix in the beginning if you want. I use nutmeg as a
seasoning, other than that just salt & pepper if you think they are
needed.
I use frozen biscuits - start them in the oven before you start the
sausage. And the gravy keeps real well in the fridge, and I don't see
why you could not freeze it in portion sizes.
Good Luck from down the creek in DE. Nan

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 12:06:43 PM8/17/09
Nanzi said...

Nan,

I know how to make sausage gravy. It's fun, even! Trouble is, if I cooked
it at home, I'd grow fatter and fatter by the pound (look, I made a Yogi
Berra-ism!!!;).

[waving from PA]

Andy

Dimitri

Aug 17, 2009, 12:44:15 PM8/17/09

"Andy" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131...

Just make them your self.... # 5 better than any other

Dimitri

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 1:24:20 PM8/17/09
Dimitri said...

> Just make them your self.... # 5 better than any other

Dimitri,

If I had a crowd I'd certainly step up to the plate, err, be up to the task.

Best,

Andy
#5 (and to think I used to be a #2;)

bolivar

Aug 17, 2009, 1:34:43 PM8/17/09

"Andy" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131...
> Biscuits & Gravy
>
> Denny's
> IHOP
> Perkins

> Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?
>
> Andy <--- The fifth choice

There may be a place closer than you think. McD's has a very good gravy
biscuit on their breakfast menu, at least in the South they do. Lots of
sausage and pepper, pretty spicey. Don't dismiss the idea out of hand simply
because it's McD's. It IS good!! Won't cost much to give it a try and
decide for yourself.

Boli

jmcquown

Aug 17, 2009, 1:40:21 PM8/17/09
"bolivar" <bol...@erols.com> wrote in message

I used to stop at McD's for their biscuits and gravy if that little store
down the street didn't have their breakfast buffet ready. You're right,
boli, it's pretty good for a fast food joint. Hardee's also serves good
sausage gravy and biscuits :)

Jill

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 1:57:38 PM8/17/09
bolivar said...

<--- Am I on candid camera? --->

Andy

Message has been deleted

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 17, 2009, 3:15:57 PM8/17/09
On Aug 17, 8:44 am, "jmcquown" <j_mcqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

My great-aunt made terrific biscuits. I've subsequently had any
number of fine
biscuits. The shortening in them is quite sufficient.

If it's really fresh, I often eat bread without any butter or other
grease.

Cindy Hamilton

George Shirley

Aug 17, 2009, 3:53:08 PM8/17/09
The gravy biscuit and the egg mcmuffin are the only two things on Mickey
Dee's menu that I will eat.

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 4:03:51 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:08:06 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:

>Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?

Whatever you do, don't order biscuits and gravy in a restaurant! I've
never had one I liked, the gravy tastes like warmed wallpaper paste.
Make it at home.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 4:06:25 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:34:43 -0400, "bolivar" <bol...@erols.com>
wrote:

>There may be a place closer than you think. McD's has a very good gravy
>biscuit on their breakfast menu, at least in the South they do. Lots of
>sausage and pepper, pretty spicey. Don't dismiss the idea out of hand simply
>because it's McD's. It IS good!! Won't cost much to give it a try and
>decide for yourself.

I think biscuits & gravy at McD is a regional thing. None here.

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 4:09:11 PM8/17/09
The Other Guy said...

> Dennys has never failed to have sausage gravy when I've asked for it.

The Other Guy,

That could be a regional thing!

Next time I muster up the nerve to eat there, I'll look to see if it isn't
available somewhere else on the menu.

I kept asking for sausage gravy and they kept bringing me milk gravy.

Best,

Andy

dsi1

Aug 17, 2009, 4:23:43 PM8/17/09
sf wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:34:43 -0400, "bolivar" <bol...@erols.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There may be a place closer than you think. McD's has a very good gravy
>> biscuit on their breakfast menu, at least in the South they do. Lots of
>> sausage and pepper, pretty spicey. Don't dismiss the idea out of hand simply
>> because it's McD's. It IS good!! Won't cost much to give it a try and
>> decide for yourself.
>
> I think biscuits & gravy at McD is a regional thing. None here.

We can get Spam and eggs and rice at our McDonald's. Yippie! Oddly
enough, I've never had biscuits with sausage gravy although I've been
thinking that I'd like it. The funny part is that I've been thinking
this for decades. :-) I'll have to make it before I croak.

BTW, I made some chorizo. It's good stuff, and it would have never
occurred to me that I could make it. Thanks!

Bob Muncie

Aug 17, 2009, 4:29:56 PM8/17/09

I would dismiss it.

But not because of taste. It would be for the ungodly amount of salt
added. I didn't see the word gravy on the following, but I assume that a
single meal with it from there word exceed the entire daily recommended
allowance.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionComparison.do

Bob

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 4:36:49 PM8/17/09
George Shirley said...

> The gravy biscuit and the egg mcmuffin are the only two things on Mickey
> Dee's menu that I will eat.

Yeah, but... but...

Oh well... http://alturl.com/bgs4

Andy

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 4:44:17 PM8/17/09
sf said...

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:34:43 -0400, "bolivar" <bol...@erols.com>
> wrote:
>
>>There may be a place closer than you think. McD's has a very good gravy
>>biscuit on their breakfast menu, at least in the South they do. Lots of
>>sausage and pepper, pretty spicey. Don't dismiss the idea out of hand
>>simply because it's McD's. It IS good!! Won't cost much to give it a
>>try and decide for yourself.
>
> I think biscuits & gravy at McD is a regional thing. None here.

sf,

Don't ever let me catch you at a McDonalds. Why I, I, I couldn't ask for your
hand in marriage!

Best,

Andy

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 4:45:40 PM8/17/09
sf said...

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:08:06 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:
>
>>Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?
>
> Whatever you do, don't order biscuits and gravy in a restaurant! I've
> never had one I liked, the gravy tastes like warmed wallpaper paste.
> Make it at home.

Yes Ma'am!

<pinch>

Andy

Message has been deleted

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 5:00:59 PM8/17/09
There's the jerk in me creeping up again.

You go have your McD Dominoes, Taco Bell, etc., etc.

"We can work it off"
--The Beatles

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 5:12:43 PM8/17/09
The Other Guy said...

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:09:11 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:
>

>>The Other Guy,
>>
>>That could be a regional thing!
>>
>>Next time I muster up the nerve to eat there, I'll look to see if it isn't
>>available somewhere else on the menu.
>>
>>I kept asking for sausage gravy and they kept bringing me milk gravy.
>

> I usually get it for the chicken friend steak, and I'm in California.

California, from my past meant IHOP

The chicken fried steak breakfast with it's chock-full-o-fat options were a
meal for a day.

Best you could do after that was become a beach anchor. Could practically
stop the world from spinning! LOL!!!

Andy

George Shirley

Aug 17, 2009, 5:21:07 PM8/17/09
That list is not complete, the McDonald's around here only have one size
of biscuit, they offer biscuit and gravy at all the stores. I eat that
one frequently and have a low tolerance for salt, doesn't taste that
salty to me. I rather suspect the menu varies greatly according to the
region. For example: Louisiana and Texas stores don't have spam and eggs
on the menu like the Hawaii stores do.

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 5:27:50 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:23:43 -1000, dsi1
<ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:

>We can get Spam and eggs and rice at our McDonald's. Yippie! Oddly
>enough, I've never had biscuits with sausage gravy although I've been
>thinking that I'd like it. The funny part is that I've been thinking
>this for decades. :-) I'll have to make it before I croak.
>
>BTW, I made some chorizo. It's good stuff, and it would have never
>occurred to me that I could make it. Thanks!

Fabulous! I'm glad it worked for you. What have you made with the
chorizo or are you just doing chorizo & eggs for now?

Hey, biscuits & gravy is just as easy!

Take any amount of commercial bulk sausage and brown it. The stuff
they make these days isn't very fatty, so I won't tell you to drain
and leave a little fat in the pan... anyway, sprinkle a little all
purpose flour over the browned sausage and stir it around for a minute
which cooks the flour but doesn't brown it, then add milk. You're
making a kinda sorta b�chamel (so eyeball the fat, flour & milk
accordingly) with chunks of sausage in it... cover and let thicken
like you would any flour based cream sauce. Correct the seasonings
with salt & pepper. I like to add a drop or two of Lea & Perrins at
the end to round out flavors.

Serve over split biscuits.

The can popping type biscuit is fine for biscuits & gravy. You don't
need to get fancy for this and everything is finished at the same
time! HTH :)

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 5:32:46 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:44:17 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:

>sf,
>
>Don't ever let me catch you at a McDonalds. Why I, I, I couldn't ask for your hand in marriage!

No, you couldn't - but you could be my fwiend anyway.

;)

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 5:34:08 PM8/17/09

<elbowing Andy hard>
Play nice!

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 5:35:50 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:57:07 -0700, The Other Guy
<Knews...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:09:11 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:
>

>>The Other Guy,
>>
>>That could be a regional thing!
>>
>>Next time I muster up the nerve to eat there, I'll look to see if it isn't
>>available somewhere else on the menu.
>>
>>I kept asking for sausage gravy and they kept bringing me milk gravy.
>

>I usually get it for the chicken friend steak, and I'm in California.

Southern California?

Jean B.

Aug 17, 2009, 5:39:16 PM8/17/09

Does the Spam imply you are in Hawaii?

--
Jean B.

dsi1

Aug 17, 2009, 5:50:41 PM8/17/09
sf wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:23:43 -1000, dsi1
> <ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:
>
>> We can get Spam and eggs and rice at our McDonald's. Yippie! Oddly
>> enough, I've never had biscuits with sausage gravy although I've been
>> thinking that I'd like it. The funny part is that I've been thinking
>> this for decades. :-) I'll have to make it before I croak.
>>
>> BTW, I made some chorizo. It's good stuff, and it would have never
>> occurred to me that I could make it. Thanks!
>
> Fabulous! I'm glad it worked for you. What have you made with the
> chorizo or are you just doing chorizo & eggs for now?

It's just chorizo and eggs for now. Baby steps first. I'm zeroing in on
the taste - a bit of sugar and a tiny bit more vinegar. The next batch
is gonna be perfect. Looks like I don't have to worry about lack of
chorizo anymore.

I drove past the Jack-in-the-box down the street and it seems they have
chorizo and eggs in a tortilla. This is great. I'm gonna be all over
that one - well, at least one time.

> Hey, biscuits & gravy is just as easy!
>
> Take any amount of commercial bulk sausage and brown it. The stuff
> they make these days isn't very fatty, so I won't tell you to drain
> and leave a little fat in the pan... anyway, sprinkle a little all
> purpose flour over the browned sausage and stir it around for a minute
> which cooks the flour but doesn't brown it, then add milk. You're
> making a kinda sorta b�chamel (so eyeball the fat, flour & milk
> accordingly) with chunks of sausage in it... cover and let thicken
> like you would any flour based cream sauce. Correct the seasonings
> with salt & pepper. I like to add a drop or two of Lea & Perrins at
> the end to round out flavors.

I have made white sauce although never with sausage or sausage drippings
but how hard could it be? :-) One question - you add the flour while the
sausage are still in the pan? I would have guessed that you'd have to
remove the sausage first but you're the expert here. Lea & Perrins will
be added - you can count on that. As well as Tabasco. Out of respect for
the South, no Sriracha will be added - at least not the first time. :-)

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 5:50:40 PM8/17/09
sf said...

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:44:17 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:
>
>>sf,
>>
>>Don't ever let me catch you at a McDonalds. Why I, I, I couldn't ask
>>for your hand in marriage!
>
> No, you couldn't - but you could be my fwiend anyway.

sf,

I'm reminded of the never-ending argument between the masochist and the
sadist.

Masochist says "HURT ME!"

Sadist says "NO!"

I wasn't there.

Andy

notbob

Aug 17, 2009, 6:13:32 PM8/17/09
On 2009-08-17, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Whatever you do, don't order biscuits and gravy in a restaurant! I've
> never had one I liked, the gravy tastes like warmed wallpaper paste.
> Make it at home.

Specially the chains Andy mentioned. Pure crap.

nb

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 6:24:06 PM8/17/09
notbob said...

nb,,

Whatever your name actually is ("coward"), feel free to be miserable for the
rest of your miserable life. We understand..

Andy

notbob

Aug 17, 2009, 6:29:57 PM8/17/09
On 2009-08-17, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Hey, biscuits & gravy is just as easy!

(snip cooking method)

If you absolutely must have B&G and are even lazier than me, you can
pull off a pretty good version with Pillsbury frozen biscuits and an
envelope of a pre-fab country gravy (add bacon grease). My mom has a
dozen different brands of country gravy, most just ok. One brand,
Williams, is surprisingly tasty. It even has what appears to be real
bits of sausage included (don't ask). This combo may be blasphemy, but
it's 10 times better than the garbage the sell at ISLOP, Cocrap's, or
Dummy's or any of those other horrid breakfast chains. I know, cuz
I've tried 'em all. They're all crap.

When I do get the urge, I make up a batch, top with a couple over easy
eggs and Cholula and dig in. If you've got a cube steak laying
around, bread it up and add chicken fried steak to the meal. Yum!

nb

notbob

Aug 17, 2009, 6:33:09 PM8/17/09
On 2009-08-17, George Shirley <gsh...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> That list is not complete, the McDonald's around here only have one size

> of biscuit....

Yeah. Smaller.

nb

Message has been deleted

notbob

Aug 17, 2009, 6:39:18 PM8/17/09
On 2009-08-17, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:

> Whatever your name actually is ("coward"), feel free to be miserable for the
> rest of your miserable life. We understand..

Apparently not. You seem to be unable to separate my criticism of
eating establishments from yourself, personally, which I couldn't care
less about. If you choose to patronize them, fine by me. I still
don't care.

nb

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 6:44:48 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:50:41 -1000, dsi1
<ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:

>I have made white sauce although never with sausage or sausage drippings
>but how hard could it be? :-)

Easy Peasy, but I wanted you to know so you can eyeball the fat, flour
& milk. No measuring is necessary as long as you have a grasp of the
concept.

>One question - you add the flour while the sausage are still in the pan?

As odd as it sounds, yes ~and~ *no* lumps... that's the best part!

>I would have guessed that you'd have to remove the sausage
>first but you're the expert here.

As a biscuits & gravy novice (never even ate it until my oldest was
10), I watched one of my kid's parents make it that way (my child was
begging me to learn how from that person) and the method hasn't failed
me yet. :) Good luck and good eating!

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 6:46:11 PM8/17/09

<laugh!>

dsi1

Aug 17, 2009, 6:49:54 PM8/17/09
Jean B. wrote:

> Does the Spam imply you are in Hawaii?

Yes is does, unless there's other places one could get Spam at a
McDonald's. Samoa? Guam? I donno. We can also get a red, sweet,
non-carbonated fruit punch drink here too. If I recall correctly, they
even sell saimin noodles, too. I don't think that would be very good.

It's a smart move on McDonald's part to allow regional favorites.

dsi1

Aug 17, 2009, 7:02:20 PM8/17/09
sf wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:50:41 -1000, dsi1
> <ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:
>
>> I have made white sauce although never with sausage or sausage drippings
>> but how hard could it be? :-)
>
> Easy Peasy, but I wanted you to know so you can eyeball the fat, flour
> & milk. No measuring is necessary as long as you have a grasp of the
> concept.

I can eyeball it although, I'll bet I use more flour than you would. Oh
well, just as long as it's smooth. :-) The white sauce is a great thing
as it opens the way towards dishes like mac and cheese and that funny
stuff with tuna and peas and carrots that you put on toast as well as
chicken pot pies - which I think I'm gonna make. Maybe this evening.
I've been trying to get the kids to learn cause it's important stuff but
I guess they ain't ready.

Paul M. Cook

Aug 17, 2009, 7:06:30 PM8/17/09

"Andy" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131...
> Biscuits & Gravy
>
> I've got five choices:
>
> Denny's
> IHOP
> Perkins
>
> There's not an IHOP for 8.1 miles from home. Denny's uses a milk gravy. No
> sausage gravy to be sure! There's a Perkins closer but I've tried them
> already and they don't serve up decent biscuits and gravy (same milk gravy
> as Denny's), compared to the Perkins in Florida that got me addicted to
> the
> real stuff in the first place! $2.00 all-you-can-eat Sunday buffet brunch,
> It was there that I learned the true meaning of life. :9
>
> There's always the VFW in town, once a month. They do it right, only once
> month. :(

> Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?

Done right, they are the best. I love them. Also creamed chipped beef on
biscuits. My favorite.

Paul

Message has been deleted

Christine Dabney

Aug 17, 2009, 7:13:58 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:11:43 -0700, The Other Guy
<Knews...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:35:50 -0700, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
>

>>Southern California?
>
>There's ANOTHER part??

Yeah, the better part. ;)

Christine
--
http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

Andy

Aug 17, 2009, 7:31:12 PM8/17/09
notbob said...

You pretended to be so friendly in rfc chat. You were obviously as two
faced then as you are now.

Guess you must be a two-faced asshole 'round the clock!

Sure had us fooled!

Andy

Michael O'Connor

Aug 17, 2009, 7:33:14 PM8/17/09
If you have a Cracker Barrel in your part of the country, they make a
pretty mean biscuits and gravy.

sf

Aug 17, 2009, 7:34:31 PM8/17/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:02:20 -1000, dsi1
<ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:50:41 -1000, dsi1
>> <ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I have made white sauce although never with sausage or sausage drippings
>>> but how hard could it be? :-)
>>
>> Easy Peasy, but I wanted you to know so you can eyeball the fat, flour
>> & milk. No measuring is necessary as long as you have a grasp of the
>> concept.
>
>I can eyeball it although, I'll bet I use more flour than you would. Oh
>well, just as long as it's smooth. :-)

OK, let's say 1-1-1 = 1T fat, 1T flour, 1cup milk. You can add a
little more flour, but I wouldn't overdo it. White sauce is a thing
of beauty, even when it's biscuits & gravy.

>The white sauce is a great thing
>as it opens the way towards dishes like mac and cheese and that funny
>stuff with tuna and peas and carrots that you put on toast as well as
>chicken pot pies - which I think I'm gonna make. Maybe this evening.
>I've been trying to get the kids to learn cause it's important stuff but
>I guess they ain't ready.

How old are they? Try making pizza at home. That'll hook them into
cooking.

dsi1

Aug 17, 2009, 8:03:40 PM8/17/09
sf wrote:

> OK, let's say 1-1-1 = 1T fat, 1T flour, 1cup milk. You can add a
> little more flour, but I wouldn't overdo it. White sauce is a thing
> of beauty, even when it's biscuits & gravy.

I use more flour cause I don't want to use a lot of fat - it comes out
pretty much the same. I agree - white sauce is one of man's greatest
inventions.

>> The white sauce is a great thing
>> as it opens the way towards dishes like mac and cheese and that funny
>> stuff with tuna and peas and carrots that you put on toast as well as
>> chicken pot pies - which I think I'm gonna make. Maybe this evening.
>> I've been trying to get the kids to learn cause it's important stuff but
>> I guess they ain't ready.
>
> How old are they? Try making pizza at home. That'll hook them into
> cooking.

I used to make pizza with the kids - they're kinda old these days - 15
and 18. My 18 year old son asked me to teach him how I made my last
batch of oatmeal cookies. The new recipe on the box of Quaker Oats was
made with butter instead of shortening like the old days. This results
in a cookie that flattens like a blown tire. I don't like the look or
the texture. Welcome to the non-hydrogenation of America. :-)

notbob

Aug 17, 2009, 9:24:11 PM8/17/09
On 2009-08-17, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:

> You pretended to be so friendly in rfc chat. You were obviously as two
> faced then as you are now.

"Mommy, the big kids are being mean to me"

Get away, kid. Ya' bother me.

nb

Message has been deleted

Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig

Aug 17, 2009, 11:55:06 PM8/17/09
On Aug 17, 12:34 pm, "bolivar" <boli...@erols.com> wrote:
> "Andy" <a...@b.c> wrote in messagenews:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131...
> > Biscuits & Gravy
>
> > Denny's
> > IHOP
> > Perkins

> > Who doesn't love biscuits & gravy?
>
> > Andy <--- The fifth choice

> There may be a place closer than you think.  McD's has a very good gravy
> biscuit on their breakfast menu, at least in the South they do. Lots of
> sausage and pepper, pretty spicey. Don't dismiss the idea out of hand simply
> because it's McD's.  It IS good!!  Won't cost much to give it a try and
> decide for yourself.
>
> Boli

So does Hardee's
Lynn in Fargo

sf

Aug 18, 2009, 1:28:34 AM8/18/09
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:03:40 -1000, dsi1
<ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:

>I used to make pizza with the kids - they're kinda old these days - 15
>and 18. My 18 year old son asked me to teach him how I made my last
>batch of oatmeal cookies. The new recipe on the box of Quaker Oats was
>made with butter instead of shortening like the old days. This results
>in a cookie that flattens like a blown tire. I don't like the look or
>the texture. Welcome to the non-hydrogenation of America. :-)

Hey, cookies are a start! It seems to me that pizza is an even better
way to hook them in, considering their age and specific tastes. Pizza
is a great way to allow them to accommodate their particular wants and
needs in a meal, which may even ignite a cooking spark for you to
build on.

My kids are wonderful cooks now. We cooked together often when they
were kids. I told them that they didn't need to be a good cook, they
only needed to be a good reader... meaning to be able to read a
recipe. The important fact is they were open to cooking and
ultimately experimenting with flavors. Both can turn out fabulous
meals that are not presumptuous, but take courage and a good palette
to make.

Considering their age... have you thought about teaching them to BBQ?
(I'm not talking about the slow cooking/smoking kind) Heck, in
Hawaii... you have huli huli and imu too. Take a chance, it might
work out... my kids have always liked to cook for their friends, maybe
yours will too. :)

sf

Aug 18, 2009, 1:28:56 AM8/18/09
<Knews...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:35:50 -0700, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
>

>>Southern California?
>
>There's ANOTHER part??

LOLOL!

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 7:19:05 AM8/18/09
notbob said...

I get it. nb stands for nobody!!!

Jean B.

Aug 18, 2009, 9:31:12 AM8/18/09

I wish some of those regional favorites were found elsewhere.

--
Jean B.

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 9:48:08 AM8/18/09
Jean B. said...

>> It's a smart move on McDonald's part to allow regional favorites.
>
> I wish some of those regional favorites were found elsewhere.

McD tried to pass off a boneless McRib and a McCheesesteak sandwich. They
were laughed off the menu quite soon after.

McD just came up with a 1/3 lb. angus beef burger. About time they put tomato
on a burger. Shame about the 2.5g of transfat.

Yeah, they did tomato a burger once, a decade or so ago as if it was the
invention of the century!

That's why my town hates fastfoodmongers like McD. And so do I.

Andy

Jean B.

Aug 18, 2009, 10:19:13 AM8/18/09

Didn't I just read that they were about to have/have some rib
thing now? Or was that another fast food chain?

--
Jean B.

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 10:23:26 AM8/18/09
Jean B. said...

Jean B.,

I dunno! Did you read it in a book? :D

Best,

Andy

Jean B.

Aug 18, 2009, 11:27:20 AM8/18/09

I dunno where I got that from. I don't watch TV, so it wasn't a
commercial. Oh! It must have been in a newspaper insert.

--
Jean B.

sf

Aug 18, 2009, 3:35:39 PM8/18/09
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:48:08 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:

>McD tried to pass off a boneless McRib

The original McRib that you could actually see pockets where the ribs
came from was very good. I got that kind down at my Mom's in the
outer reaches of San Diego County. McRibs didn't appear up here until
it was just ground pork with grill marks masquerading as a "McRib"...
a mere shadow of what made it past the consumer taste tests. I wasn't
sorry to see it go.

dsi1

Aug 18, 2009, 7:46:46 PM8/18/09

McDonald's is pretty good at regional items on it's menu. They've had
hot mango pies and as well as taro/poi pies. The mango ain't too bad but
I'd recommend passing on the poi pie. :-)

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 7:55:38 PM8/18/09
dsi1 said...

dsi1,

Never checked the nutrition/ingredients obviously!

To declare McD good is pure assholism!!!

Andy

dsi1

Aug 18, 2009, 8:02:33 PM8/18/09

My son made spaghetti last night for himself and he did ok. It was
pretty cute. He measured out the water into the pan. I told him not to
measure water for pasta. I told him to "just fill it up to here" and
that made sense to him. When the water was boiling I told him to dump
some salt into the water. He had no concept of why we salt the water and
sprinkled an 8th of a teaspoon in his hand and put that in. Most of the
salt stuck to his hand cause he held it over the boiling water while he
measured the salt into his hand. :-)

After it was boiling for a while, a kid that is staying with us
suggested that he throw a strand of spaghetti against the refrigerator
to see if it's done. My son flat out rejected that approach. Thank God!
I think he'll be a good cook - mostly I'll teach him methods and not
much recipes and he'll figure out the rest. :-)

He has told me that he's gonna try being a vegan for a while. Oh boy!

dsi1

Aug 18, 2009, 8:03:42 PM8/18/09
Andy wrote:

> dsi1,
>
> Never checked the nutrition/ingredients obviously!
>
> To declare McD good is pure assholism!!!

I think perhaps you're not a very nice man. :-)

> Andy

Charles Quinn

Aug 18, 2009, 8:05:20 PM8/18/09
Andy <a@b.c> wrote in news:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131:

> Biscuits & Gravy
>
> I've got five choices:
>
> Denny's
> IHOP
> Perkins
>
> There's not an IHOP for 8.1 miles from home. Denny's uses a milk
> gravy. No sausage gravy to be sure!

My mom, from Appalchia, makes her gravy with bacon grease. Sausage gravy
just doesn't cut it.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 8:06:18 PM8/18/09
dsi1 said...

> My son made spaghetti last night for himself and he did ok. It was
> pretty cute.

What bullshit!

Andy

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 8:08:58 PM8/18/09
dsi1 said...

Darn right When I'm face to face with an idiot such as yourself!

Andy

dsi1

Aug 18, 2009, 8:09:55 PM8/18/09

You bad man! :-)

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 8:10:35 PM8/18/09
Charles Quinn said...

> Andy <a@b.c> wrote in news:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131:
>
>> Biscuits & Gravy
>>
>> I've got five choices:
>>
>> Denny's
>> IHOP
>> Perkins
>>
>> There's not an IHOP for 8.1 miles from home. Denny's uses a milk
>> gravy. No sausage gravy to be sure!
>
> My mom, from Appalchia, makes her gravy with bacon grease. Sausage gravy
> just doesn't cut it.

Sausage, bacon... yeah, it's a coin toss.

Andy

Andy

Aug 18, 2009, 8:13:34 PM8/18/09
dsi1 said...

Yeah... I can be.

Andy

dsi1

Aug 18, 2009, 8:16:57 PM8/18/09

Man, I'm starting to dig this place now! I'm guessing it's happy hour
where you're at. Am I right? :-)

Omelet

Aug 18, 2009, 10:03:20 PM8/18/09
In article <Xns9C6BADCEC8A1cm...@216.168.3.70>,
Charles Quinn <cmq...@NEVERmindspring.com> wrote:

> Andy <a@b.c> wrote in news:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131:
>
> > Biscuits & Gravy
> >
> > I've got five choices:
> >
> > Denny's
> > IHOP
> > Perkins
> >
> > There's not an IHOP for 8.1 miles from home. Denny's uses a milk
> > gravy. No sausage gravy to be sure!
>
> My mom, from Appalchia, makes her gravy with bacon grease. Sausage gravy
> just doesn't cut it.

Then there is always red-eye gravy... <g>
That's TRUE Southern cooking!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

recfood...@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: recfoodrecip...@yahoogroups.com

Omelet

Aug 18, 2009, 10:03:46 PM8/18/09
In article <VvHim.114983$cf6.1...@newsfe16.iad>,
dsi1 <ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:

It's always happy hour here... <g>

dsi1

Aug 18, 2009, 10:16:57 PM8/18/09
Omelet wrote:
> In article <VvHim.114983$cf6.1...@newsfe16.iad>,
> dsi1 <ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>> dsi1 said...

>>> Yeah... I can be.
>>>
>>> Andy
>> Man, I'm starting to dig this place now! I'm guessing it's happy hour
>> where you're at. Am I right? :-)
>
> It's always happy hour here... <g>

That explains a lot. :-)

sf

Aug 18, 2009, 10:48:18 PM8/18/09
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:02:33 -1000, dsi1
<ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:

>He has told me that he's gonna try being a vegan for a while. Oh boy!

That's a good enough reason to learn how to cook, because you won't be
catering to him. ;)

sf

Aug 18, 2009, 10:58:08 PM8/18/09

For the love of Mike, Andy. Not everyone is as fastidious about food
as you are and they can walk into a McDonald's without a hiding their
face.

dsi1

Aug 18, 2009, 11:52:02 PM8/18/09
sf wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:08:58 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:
>
>> dsi1 said...

>>> I think perhaps you're not a very nice man. :-)
>> Darn right When I'm face to face with an idiot such as yourself!
>>
>> Andy
>
> For the love of Mike, Andy. Not everyone is as fastidious about food
> as you are and they can walk into a McDonald's without a hiding their
> face.

I can tell that Andy is a lad prone to get excited at certain keywords.
One of which is "you know what." The reality is that I merely described
the regional menu at "that place." In no way do I endorse "that
restaurant chain started by Ray Kroc in the 50s." However, if you wish
to eat at "that place with the clown who's name is Ronald but not Jack",
please feel free. My guess it's because your kids are screaming at you
for food while you're driving on the turnpike.

Personally, I don't care too much for the food "there." I don't know
anybody over the age of 13 that does. I must confess though, that I
recently did eat an Egg-you-know-what-muffin the other day. My review is
that it appeared to be food and I didn't die which, in my book, is a
thumbs up.

OTOH, anybody that thinks that butter is great, or will stuff his ugly
puss with bacon, or pork sausage or any number of things, ain't got no
business preaching to anybody about bad food. :-)

Bob Muncie

Aug 18, 2009, 11:53:53 PM8/18/09
sf wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:08:58 -0500, Andy <a@b.c> wrote:
>
>> dsi1 said...

>>> I think perhaps you're not a very nice man. :-)
>> Darn right When I'm face to face with an idiot such as yourself!
>>
>> Andy
>
> For the love of Mike, Andy. Not everyone is as fastidious about food
> as you are and they can walk into a McDonald's without a hiding their
> face.

No, but they might need to be powerfully hunger, and to have something
to settle the stomach with.

My grandma on my Dad's side (and the rest of the brood), are from
mountain area of western Ky. (USA for the rest of the international
community). She prepared things that were edible, *I* didn't even want
to know what those meals consisted of. What you don't know sometimes,
can't hurt you. But even MCd has a chance to make me gag these days with
the extremely salty dry beef flavoring in their generic hamburgers (1/4
lb'ers) that we all have to *assume* is beef.

Bob

Bob Muncie

Aug 18, 2009, 11:55:56 PM8/18/09
Omelet wrote:
> In article <Xns9C6BADCEC8A1cm...@216.168.3.70>,
> Charles Quinn <cmq...@NEVERmindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> Andy <a@b.c> wrote in news:Xns9C6A525...@216.196.97.131:
>>
>>> Biscuits & Gravy
>>>
>>> I've got five choices:
>>>
>>> Denny's
>>> IHOP
>>> Perkins
>>>
>>> There's not an IHOP for 8.1 miles from home. Denny's uses a milk
>>> gravy. No sausage gravy to be sure!
>> My mom, from Appalchia, makes her gravy with bacon grease. Sausage gravy
>> just doesn't cut it.
>
> Then there is always red-eye gravy... <g>
> That's TRUE Southern cooking!

I've always preferred the sausage gravy to the traditional red-eye as is
to thin for my liking. Flavor is okay, but if traditional, too thin for me.

bob

Christine Dabney

Aug 19, 2009, 12:05:33 AM8/19/09
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:52:02 -1000, dsi1
<ds...@humuhumunukunukuapuapa.org> wrote:

>OTOH, anybody that thinks that butter is great, or will stuff his ugly
>puss with bacon, or pork sausage or any number of things, ain't got no
>business preaching to anybody about bad food. :-)

What's wrong with butter?

Christine, with a puzzled look on her face..
--
http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

dsi1

Aug 19, 2009, 12:23:56 AM8/19/09

It has been rumored to contain a small percentage of fat. I have no
problem with you eating butter. There's no problem there. I'll use it
occasionally, although I'm trying to avoid most fats in my diet.
Doctor's orders.

MtnTraveler

Aug 19, 2009, 2:37:37 AM8/19/09

I think that their Quarter-Pounder with cheese is a very tasty sandwich,
as is the Sausage McMuffen with Egg. Tasty, not necessarily healthy. (I
won't say that for all their products.) Health-wise I'm sure muslie is a
wiser choice for breakfast than sausage and eggs, but for taste,
personally, I prefer the former. This is also not to say that one can't
make an even better tasting cheeseburger at home using different
ingredients. It's saying that there are certain fast-food items from
many different fast-food chains that do taste good.

The fact that it is (or was) called a 'fast-food' restaurant alone often
causes some people to raise their eyebrows.

dsi1

Aug 19, 2009, 5:32:12 AM8/19/09
MtnTraveler wrote:

> I think that their Quarter-Pounder with cheese is a very tasty sandwich,
> as is the Sausage McMuffen with Egg. Tasty, not necessarily healthy. (I
> won't say that for all their products.) Health-wise I'm sure muslie is a
> wiser choice for breakfast than sausage and eggs, but for taste,
> personally, I prefer the former. This is also not to say that one can't
> make an even better tasting cheeseburger at home using different
> ingredients. It's saying that there are certain fast-food items from
> many different fast-food chains that do taste good.
>
> The fact that it is (or was) called a 'fast-food' restaurant alone often
> causes some people to raise their eyebrows.

Fast, cheap, street food for folks with not a lot of time or cash have
been around probably as long as there has been busy thoroughfares. "You
know who" and other burger n' fries joints are, in many ways, the
successor and Americanization of this tradition.

One thing's for sure is that there will always be food snobs saying "no,
no!" Of course, most regular folks will continue to ignore these pushy
people. Sure it ain't fine dining but that's not the point - it never was.

Omelet

Aug 19, 2009, 1:31:49 PM8/19/09
In article <h6ft4b$rlu$2...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Bob Muncie <bob.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's the beauty of home cooking. You can cook to taste.
You can always make the Red Eye Gravy thicker!

blake murphy

Aug 19, 2009, 1:42:26 PM8/19/09

you would know from assholism, of course.

blake

It is loading more messages.