Beef and Romaine Salad From My New Year's Day Dinner

2 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Jack and Kay Hartman

ungelesen,
01.01.2002, 23:06:4201.01.02
an
This recipe is from _The Complete Meat Cookbook_ by Bruce Aidells and
Denis Kelly. Although the recipe says it serves 4 to 6, with 1/2
pound of beef it fed Jack and me just fine.

Kay

Beef and Romaine Salad with Blue Cheese and Anchovy Dressing

Serves 4 to 6

Blue Cheese and Anchovy Dressing

1 garlic clove
4 anchovy fillets
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar [I used red
wine vinegar]
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 large head of Romaine lettuce, washed, outer bruised leaves
removed and discarded, remaining leaves torn into small pieces
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut lengthwise into wedges
1/4 pound blue cheese, such as Danish blue, Maytag blue, or
Roquefort, crumbled
1/2-1 pound cooked steak or roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch-thick-by-
1-inch-wide strips

Garnish

Chpped chives or green onions or scallions

To make Blue Cheese and Anchovy Dressing: put garlic and anchovies in
a food processor and process to a paste. Add the mustard, vinegar,
oregano, and pepper, With the motor running, pour the oil through the
feed tube to make a creamy dressing. [I put all the dressing
ingredients in the processor at once and processed until I had a
smooth dressing.]

Pour the dressing over the Romaine and tomatoes and toss with the
cheese to coat the leaves. Lay the beef strips on top and garnish
with chives or green onions and serve.

Allen antworten
Dem Autor antworten
Weiterleiten