Google Grupper støtter ikke lenger nye Usenet-innlegg eller -abonnementer. Historisk innhold er fortsatt synlig.

OT Nice thing about 100% Electric cars is...

Sett 343 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

John Kuthe

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 11:23:2711.01.2021
til
...they LOVE THE COLD! No warmup necessary! Turn them on and GO!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Alex

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 19:25:3011.01.2021
til
John Kuthe wrote:
> ...they LOVE THE COLD! No warmup necessary! Turn them on and GO!
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

No, they don't.

https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/aaa-cold-weather-cut-electric-car-range-40-60902845

Are you down to a 30 mile range, now?

Not At All

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 19:52:1011.01.2021
til
On 1/11/2021 8:23 AM, John KOOKhe wrote:

> ...they

You're a moron. Cold weather reduces range, you ignorant fucktard.

Eat shit, drop dead soon.

Bryan Simmons

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 20:51:0311.01.2021
til
Most folks don't need more than a 30 mile range, but modern gasoline vehicles
don't require warmup before driving. Engine wear happens within the first few
seconds, and mostly in extreme cold weather, and especially if the car has not
been run for several days. In those cases, the highest quality syntheitic motor
oils mitigate those startup wear events. John's car might well be practical as a
city car. StL is a small city. If one needs range, as most of us do, a hybrid is a
better choice, and IMO, plug in hybrids are the most rational compromise for a
city dweller, as they have unlimited range, yet offer all of the advantages of
fully electric vehicles, other than the upfront cost.

Unfortunately, plug in hybrids have yet to catch on, even with their obvious
advantages over fully electric cars, both in range and the potential to run in
dual power mode, where needed for highway driving responsiveness.
Nothing is going to accelerate better than a car that's engine is already
running to add to the torque of the electric motor. You only switch to that
performance mode for urban highway driving, so as to not waste fuel, but
the kick-ass acceleration is available.

--Bryan

John Kuthe

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 21:54:4111.01.2021
til
On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 7:51:03 PM UTC-6, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> > > ...they LOVE THE COLD! No warmup necessary! Turn them on and GO!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> > No, they don't.
> >
> > https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/aaa-cold-weather-cut-electric-car-range-40-60902845
> >
> > Are you down to a 30 mile range, now?
> Most folks don't need more than a 30 mile range, but modern gasoline vehicles
> don't require warmup before driving. Engine wear happens within the first few
> seconds, and mostly in extreme cold weather, and especially if the car has not
> been run for several days. In those cases, the highest quality syntheitic motor
> oils mitigate those startup wear events. John's car might well be practical as a
> city car. StL is a small city. If one needs range, as most of us do, a hybrid is a
> better choice, and IMO, plug in hybrids are the most rational compromise for a
> city dweller, as they have unlimited range, yet offer all of the advantages of
> fully electric vehicles, other than the upfront cost.

I love making the commitment! 100% electric, NO gasoline! Think of the MONEY I save!

And I can go to and from my new nursing job in my Leaf! :-)

> Unfortunately, plug in hybrids have yet to catch on, even with their obvious
> advantages over fully electric cars, both in range and the potential to run in
> dual power mode, where needed for highway driving responsiveness.

Bah! Nothing beats a 100% electric car! Highway speeds just use charge like crazy!

> Nothing is going to accelerate better than a car that's engine is already
> running to add to the torque of the electric motor. You only switch to that
> performance mode for urban highway driving, so as to not waste fuel, but
> the kick-ass acceleration is available.
>
> --Bryan

That's exactly what my Leaf has! I tell people it drives like a slot car! :-)

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Hank Rogers

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 22:59:2411.01.2021
til
Maybe you can get your new nursing clients to adopt 100% electric
cars and stop burning gasoline and pissing mother gaiaia off.

Remind them each day that you are a 100% electric cannabis nurse!

And you have a stack of degrees and they are damn lucky to have you!

John Kuthe

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 23:40:5411.01.2021
til
On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
Nope, not even! 80mi was what I got at first in 2016 and now in 2021 I get about 70mi range. Not bad at al! Gets me everywhere in town I need to go and back, and since I have a L2 charging in my garage, I just plug in when IN get home and she's all ready to do it again nest time.

And I very rarely spend any $$ on gasoline at all. HA!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

GM

ulest,
11. jan. 2021, 23:51:3211.01.2021
til
johnk...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> > > ...they LOVE THE COLD! No warmup necessary! Turn them on and GO!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> > No, they don't.
> >
> > https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/aaa-cold-weather-cut-electric-car-range-40-60902845
> >
> > Are you down to a 30 mile range, now?
> Nope, not even! 80mi was what I got at first in 2016 and now in 2021 I get about 70mi range. Not bad at al! Gets me everywhere in town I need to go and back, and since I have a L2 charging in my garage, I just plug in when IN get home and she's all ready to do it again nest time.

What would happen if you could not afford to pay your power bill...???

--
Best
Greg

Cindy Hamilton

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 06:27:3212.01.2021
til
On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 11:23:27 AM UTC-5, johnk...@gmail.com wrote:
> ...they LOVE THE COLD! No warmup necessary! Turn them on and GO!

I don't warm up my SUV, either. Ok, when it's really, really cold (under 0 F), I
start it up and let the heater warm the cabin for about 5 minutes. But
you'd do the same for a commensurate level of comfort.

Cindy Hamilton

Gary

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 08:55:4512.01.2021
til
John Kuthe wrote:
> I love making the commitment! 100% electric, NO gasoline!
> Think of the MONEY I save!

You save money on gasoline but you do have a higher electric bill to
keep it charged. Have you ever done a cost comparison?

songbird

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 09:10:2512.01.2021
til
heated seats in the car mean that much of the time i forget
to turn the heat on in the car unless the windows start getting
steamed up.

after a few moments i turn the heated seat off too because it
can aggravate a lower back condition.

i'm hoping once EVs get cheap enough that i can get one but
it does have to have enough range too for the normal errands
i run and it has to be able to do it in the winter.

maybe in 5-10 more years.

songbird

John Kuthe

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 09:17:3812.01.2021
til
I bought my 2013 Nissan Leaf back in 2016 used off a three year lease for just under $10,000 and I kept my Dodge 2008 Grand Caravan for all trips I needed the range for, which are not many.

We need to alter our driving habits too! Less driving, stay closer to home.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Ophelia

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 09:35:1812.01.2021
til

"songbird" wrote in message news:t5n0dh-...@anthive.com...
I love mine when it is very cold:)))

Cindy Hamilton

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 10:34:1612.01.2021
til
I don't need to alter jack shit. I very rarely drive more than 10 miles from home. Five
miles on a typical day.

Cindy Hamilton

John Kuthe

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 10:36:3212.01.2021
til
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 9:34:16 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I don't need to alter jack shit. I very rarely drive more than 10 miles from home. Five
> miles on a typical day.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Then a 100% electric car is perfect for you! Even a used Leaf like mine!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Dave Smith

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 10:58:1412.01.2021
til
Another advantage of electric cars. There is some sort of entitlement to
free electricity for charging. I has become an issue in some
condominiums where the electric car owners expect to have the condo
install outlets in the garage so they can charge up and expect it to be
covered by their condo fees. Then they can be like Kuthe and brag to
everyone about how they don't pay for fuel.

Cindy Hamilton

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 11:23:1112.01.2021
til
It would be foolish to replace my car while it still has a good bit of life left in it.
It's only 17 years old, after all.

Cindy Hamilton

jmcquown

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 11:32:5312.01.2021
til
BSN must stand for BullShitNow.

Jill

Dave Smith

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 11:41:3012.01.2021
til
I think we got about 18 years out of my mother's old Buick. The body and
engine were all in good shape but the under carriage and suspension were
fried.

John Kuthe

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 11:45:5012.01.2021
til
All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!

I have a 240VAC L2 charging outlets in all three garage spaces I have behind my house! I only use one, and I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the privilege.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Taxed and Spent

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 11:47:5012.01.2021
til
I have been waiting for free gas pumps for many years.

John Kuthe

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 11:57:4412.01.2021
til
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:47:50 AM UTC-6, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> I have been waiting for free gas pumps for many years.

Free gasoline? Never! But free electricity is a possibility!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

%

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 12:07:3412.01.2021
til
ass gas or grass, no one rides for free

Ed Pawlowski

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 12:18:3212.01.2021
til
On 1/12/2021 11:45 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

> All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!

Why? Someone is paying for the "free" stuff

> I have a 240VAC L2 charging outlets in all three garage spaces I have behind my house! I only use one, and I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the privilege.

I paid $35.50 for gas this month.

Gary

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:09:4612.01.2021
til
On 1/12/2021 11:47 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> John Kuthe wrote:
>> All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!

> I have been waiting for free gas pumps for many years.

LOL! You win

Gary

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:17:1512.01.2021
til
John Kuthe wrote:

>... and I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the
privilege.

This is when you don't even drive to work.
And you brag about paying zero for gasoline. Idiot.
I buy real gas. Costs me $100 for about 5 months.
I don't drive much either.
My electric bill is usually $30-something per month.

dsi1

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:18:1812.01.2021
til
My guess is that the sweet spot for batteries in electric cars in the future will be 100 to 150 kWh. The cost of "filling" up such a battery is easy to calculate. Just multiply the capacity by your electric company's cost per kW. Our cost per kW is around 32 cents so 100 kw of electricity would be 32 dollars. Electric cars these days will use around 27 kW for every 100 miles traveled.

songbird

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:27:0612.01.2021
til
Dave Smith wrote:
> I think we got about 18 years out of my mother's old Buick. The body and
> engine were all in good shape but the under carriage and suspension were
> fried.

i got 21+yrs out of the Honda Civic but it was starting to
have issues from always being stored outside and not driven
much. mice. ick. rusting in places, needed a paint job.
would have cost me about $3k to fix it up again, so instead
i sold it for $1100. not bad for a car that cost me $13.5k
to begin with. the engine was about 140,000 miles and in
great condition. the guy who bought it was a mechanic and
could fix all the stuff wrong with it so he was just happy
it ran. when i went to start it up as soon as it started
he said he'd take it.

it was a fun car to drive for what it was. we spent a
lot of time on the road for some years driving all over
the country and up into Canada. but the past five years
it had mostly been sitting and turned into a mouse hotel.
that was nasty.

songbird

songbird

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:27:0612.01.2021
til
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I don't need to alter jack shit. I very rarely drive more than 10 miles from home. Five
> miles on a typical day.

i don't normally go anywhere's at all and i am quite happy
with that. i've always been a homebody.

not that i haven't travelled, but those were back when my
body didn't mind camping or sleeping in the car (i found out
that i actually sleep in the car better than camping or at
hotels). once i got here and have all my stuff here i'm
very content to be at home, gardens, reading, the internet,
library not too far away. once or twice a month go out for
errands and shopping. that's about it for me. Mom runs
around more visiting some of her friends.

songbird

songbird

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:27:1212.01.2021
til
Dave Smith wrote:
> Another advantage of electric cars. There is some sort of entitlement to
> free electricity for charging. I has become an issue in some
> condominiums where the electric car owners expect to have the condo
> install outlets in the garage so they can charge up and expect it to be
> covered by their condo fees. Then they can be like Kuthe and brag to
> everyone about how they don't pay for fuel.

i think you've broken your brain with that reach.

if i have an electric car i can be sure i'd be paying for
the charging of it.

all the charging stations i've seen charge fees.

songbird

GM

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:30:4512.01.2021
til
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/12/2021 11:45 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>

> > All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!
> Why? Someone is paying for the "free" stuff

And don't forget that the users of "free" electricity to power their vehicles are also not paying any fuel surcharges. these are used to maintain our highway infrastructure:

https://www.irtba.org/GasTax

"Where Does Your Gas Tax Go?

The only revenue source for road and bridge improvements is the Motor Fuel Tax (MFT), commonly referred to as the gas tax.

The federal gas tax hasn’t been raised since 1993. Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) revenue and fees are calculated based on gallons sold, which means as the price of gas goes up and down the MFT remains constant. Regardless of whether or not you are paying $20.00 per gallon or $4.00 per gallon, the Road Fund is receiving the same amount of funding from the MFT. Combined state and federal gas taxes equals approximately 37.4 cents per gallon. This includes state (19 cents) and federal (18.4 cents), as well as associated fees. In addition to motor fuel taxes, residents pay a combination of local and state sales tax when they purchase a gallon of gas. Sales taxes are based on the purchase price so as gas prices increase, sales tax revenues also increase. Chicago residents pay sales taxes that go to the city, the county, the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) and the State at a combined sales tax rate of 10.25 percent. The Department of Transportation's Conditions and Performance report estimates all levels of government would need to spend $105 billion per year to maintain and improve the condition of roads and bridges. New or increased revenue sources are vital to fund our nation’s and state’s infrastructure needs..."

</>

Dave Smith

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:31:1112.01.2021
til
On 2021-01-12 11:45 a.m., John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 9:58:14 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> You save money on gasoline but you do have a higher electric bill to
>>> keep it charged. Have you ever done a cost comparison?
>>>

>> Another advantage of electric cars. There is some sort of entitlement to
>> free electricity for charging. I has become an issue in some
>> condominiums where the electric car owners expect to have the condo
>> install outlets in the garage so they can charge up and expect it to be
>> covered by their condo fees. Then they can be like Kuthe and brag to
>> everyone about how they don't pay for fuel.
>
> All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!

Not a problem.... $10 per hour to park and free electricity.

> I have a 240VAC L2 charging outlets in all three garage spaces I have behind my house! I only use one, and I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the privilege.

I have no reason to doubt that. It would be just one more example of
your inability to manage finance responsibly. Your idiocy is not
something to be bragging about publicly.

John Kuthe

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:37:0912.01.2021
til
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 12:31:11 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-01-12 11:45 a.m., John Kuthe wrote:
> > I have a 240VAC L2 charging outlets in all three garage spaces I have behind my house! I only use one, and I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the privilege.
> >
> I have no reason to doubt that. It would be just one more example of
> your inability to manage finance responsibly. Your idiocy is not
> something to be bragging about publicly.

Petroleum use for personal transportation will be illegal in 100 years, but this house will still be here and it's NOW READY!

For an all electric car society! And we have them NOW! I know, I have one, and I've seem many Teslas! NOW!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

dsi1

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 13:50:5412.01.2021
til
On this rock, you can get a free charge. They are fairly commonplace in malls. If you have to wait to charge your car, they're not free. They're costing you your time. My son's girlfriend used to have a leaf. They used to spend a lot of time charging that thing up for "free." She now has a Lexus SUV and seems a lot happier about the car situation.

Cindy Hamilton

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 14:13:2612.01.2021
til
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 1:27:06 PM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > I don't need to alter jack shit. I very rarely drive more than 10 miles from home. Five
> > miles on a typical day.
> i don't normally go anywhere's at all and i am quite happy
> with that. i've always been a homebody.

I go to work every day and to the grocery store once or twice a week. I still
think of myself as a homebody.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 14:16:3512.01.2021
til
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 1:37:09 PM UTC-5, johnk...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 12:31:11 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2021-01-12 11:45 a.m., John Kuthe wrote:
> > > I have a 240VAC L2 charging outlets in all three garage spaces I have behind my house! I only use one, and I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the privilege.
> > >
> > I have no reason to doubt that. It would be just one more example of
> > your inability to manage finance responsibly. Your idiocy is not
> > something to be bragging about publicly.
> Petroleum use for personal transportation will be illegal in 100 years, but this house will still be here and it's NOW READY!

My house will be here in 100 years and it's nearly ready. It would be trivial to
pull the 240 V line to the hot tub and repurpose it for EV charging. If 120 V is
suitable, that would be even easier. The garage has a 100 A subpanel right inside
the door.

Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 14:46:5712.01.2021
til
On 1/12/2021 1:30 PM, GM wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 1/12/2021 11:45 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>

>>> All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!
>> Why? Someone is paying for the "free" stuff
>
> And don't forget that the users of "free" electricity to power their vehicles are also not paying any fuel surcharges. these are used to maintain our highway infrastructure:
>
> https://www.irtba.org/GasTax
>
> "Where Does Your Gas Tax Go?
>
> The only revenue source for road and bridge improvements is the Motor Fuel Tax (MFT), commonly referred to as the gas tax.

In addition:
https://tinyurl.com/y5zvfdsm
AT LEAST EIGHT STATES will enforce new or higher registration fees for
electric vehicle owners starting Wednesday in an effort to offset lost
revenue from gas taxes.

These states are Alabama, California, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Ohio,
Oregon and Utah, according to the Associated Press.

Hank Rogers

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 14:50:2512.01.2021
til
John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 8:10:25 AM UTC-6, songbird wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't warm up my SUV, either. Ok, when it's really, really cold (under 0 F), I
>>> start it up and let the heater warm the cabin for about 5 minutes. But
>>> you'd do the same for a commensurate level of comfort.
>> heated seats in the car mean that much of the time i forget
>> to turn the heat on in the car unless the windows start getting
>> steamed up.
>>
>> after a few moments i turn the heated seat off too because it
>> can aggravate a lower back condition.
>>
>> i'm hoping once EVs get cheap enough that i can get one but
>> it does have to have enough range too for the normal errands
>> i run and it has to be able to do it in the winter.
>>
>> maybe in 5-10 more years.
>>

>> songbird
>
> I bought my 2013 Nissan Leaf back in 2016 used off a three year lease for just under $10,000 and I kept my Dodge 2008 Grand Caravan for all trips I needed the range for, which are not many.
>
> We need to alter our driving habits too! Less driving, stay closer to home.
>

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

And more cannabis.

Hank Rogers

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 14:52:2612.01.2021
til
It's the finest garage in da Loo.

Ed Pawlowski

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 15:05:1912.01.2021
til
For round numbers, let's say 25 kW/Cmi. My electric bill would be
$10/hundred kW or $2.50 per hundred miles I get about 15 mpg and at
today's price that would be $8.80. Savings of about .063 per mile.

Chevy Bolt starts at $36,000.
Chevy Malibu well equipped is $27.000.
To break even I'd have to drive 142,000 miles

Cindy Hamilton

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 15:59:4412.01.2021
til
I don't think an electric car would last long enough for me to drive 142,000 miles. I'd
have to look, but I think that's about what my 2004 Toyota Highlander has on it,
and we bought it used in 2008.

Cindy Hamilton

Graham

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 16:51:3712.01.2021
til
My D-I-L is still driving the 2001 Highlander that I gave her when I bought
my Mazda ~4 years ago.

GM

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 17:02:4712.01.2021
til
Good show...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Master Bruce

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 17:13:4712.01.2021
til
Not bad in a cold climate with rust and salt on the streets.

dsi1

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 17:15:4212.01.2021
til
You'll probably break even faster than that. There's reduced maintenance that comes from having a simpler vehicle - no engine, transmission, exhaust system, and emission control. Brake services will be fewer, there's no oil changes, no timing belt changes. Having a simpler vehicle means less time in a repair shop. My guess is that within 5 years, electric cars will have a range of 500 to 600 miles per charge. I'm not saying that you should get an electric car. Chances are good that it's not right for you.

John Kuthe

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 18:02:0212.01.2021
til
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:59:44 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I don't think an electric car would last long enough for me to drive 142,000 miles. I'd
> have to look, but I think that's about what my 2004 Toyota Highlander has on it,
> and we bought it used in 2008.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

We don't know yet! 100% electrics are very new! They are pricing them used like they do ICE vehicles because we just don't know yet.

But I KNOW I love MINE! And it uses ZERO gasoline! I go shopping about every day!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Alex

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 19:27:3212.01.2021
til
Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:25:30 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> ...they LOVE THE COLD! No warmup necessary! Turn them on and GO!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
>> No, they don't.
>>
>> https://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory/aaa-cold-weather-cut-electric-car-range-40-60902845
>>
>> Are you down to a 30 mile range, now?
> Most folks don't need more than a 30 mile range, but modern gasoline vehicles
> don't require warmup before driving. Engine wear happens within the first few
> seconds, and mostly in extreme cold weather, and especially if the car has not
> been run for several days. In those cases, the highest quality syntheitic motor
> oils mitigate those startup wear events. John's car might well be practical as a
> city car. StL is a small city. If one needs range, as most of us do, a hybrid is a
> better choice, and IMO, plug in hybrids are the most rational compromise for a
> city dweller, as they have unlimited range, yet offer all of the advantages of
> fully electric vehicles, other than the upfront cost.
>
> Unfortunately, plug in hybrids have yet to catch on, even with their obvious
> advantages over fully electric cars, both in range and the potential to run in
> dual power mode, where needed for highway driving responsiveness.
> Nothing is going to accelerate better than a car that's engine is already
> running to add to the torque of the electric motor. You only switch to that
> performance mode for urban highway driving, so as to not waste fuel, but
> the kick-ass acceleration is available.
>
> --Bryan

That would be a 15 mile commute with no stops, no traffic jams, and no
reserve.  It's low and would require several hours of recharging.

Alex

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 19:34:2312.01.2021
til
John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 9:58:14 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> You save money on gasoline but you do have a higher electric bill to
>>> keep it charged. Have you ever done a cost comparison?
>>>

>> Another advantage of electric cars. There is some sort of entitlement to
>> free electricity for charging. I has become an issue in some
>> condominiums where the electric car owners expect to have the condo
>> install outlets in the garage so they can charge up and expect it to be
>> covered by their condo fees. Then they can be like Kuthe and brag to
>> everyone about how they don't pay for fuel.
> All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!
>
> I have a 240VAC L2 charging outlets in all three garage spaces I have behind my house! I only use one, and I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the privilege.
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Nothing is free.  No wonder why you were in the Bernie Sanders cult.  I
pay less than $100 per month for premium gas in my SUV and I drive a lot
about 10,000 miles per year.

Alex

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 19:39:1612.01.2021
til
That's why you are broke.  Wear your Bernie mask!

GM

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 19:39:3112.01.2021
til
For that hundred bux per month John only putt - putts down to his local hippie stores to buy beads, incense, candles and cashews, if he actually commuted to a full - time job he'd pay much more...

--
Best
Greg

Ed Pawlowski

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 20:15:2912.01.2021
til
After a few years you can be facing a huge expense for battery
replacement. They are better but original ones were 5 years.

Ed Pawlowski

ulest,
12. jan. 2021, 20:41:2712.01.2021
til
The price difference will probably narrow and be more practical. If I
had two cars, one would be the short trip smaller one and electric would
be fine. The brief time I drove one was impressive, better than I
thought in hot weather. Have not tried one in very cold yet.

Right now, the range is fine except for some trips I make a half dozen
times a year and can be 800 miles in a day. Also, on a trip the cost of
recharge will be higher at a pay charge station.

Gary

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 08:13:5113.01.2021
til
John Kuthe wrote:
> But I KNOW I love MINE! And it uses ZERO gasoline! I go shopping about every day!

As a RN, you should know better than to go shopping "about every day."
You should try to limit your public activities.

I used to go shopping about 2-3 times a week. For the last 10 months,
I've limited that to once a week or often once every 2 weeks.

dsi1

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 13:34:2813.01.2021
til
There's all manner of reasons not to buy an electric vehicle. That won't change the future. Electric cars will slowly gain ground in sales until some company puts out a product that hits all the sales point and suddenly, overnight, electric cars will make a whole lot of sense. My guess is that it won't be a Tesla, but a Chinese designed vehicle.
https://www.govtech.com/public-safety/Cities-Are-Inching-Toward-Fully-Electric-Police-Vehicles.html

Sheldon Martin

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 14:18:2313.01.2021
til
You are suggesting a coolie ukelele pedal bicycle.

GM

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 15:52:3713.01.2021
til
"Flatus - powered", lol...

--
Best
Greg

cshenk

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 21:40:0613.01.2021
til
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 1/12/2021 11:45 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>

> > All parking lots should have free electric outlets to plug into!
>
> Why? Someone is paying for the "free" stuff
>

> > I have a 240VAC L2 charging outlets in all three garage spaces I
> > have behind my house! I only use one, and I pay an extra $100 on my
> > electric bill every month for the privilege.
> >

> I paid $35.50 for gas this month.

Humm, I did that on something like 17Dec and still have 3/4 a tank. I
seem to be averaging about 15$ a month of gas? Maybe a bit more as
holidays had me more at home. I know though it was about 60$ a month
which is still cheaper than JK's monthly bill.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 23:04:1413.01.2021
til
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 8:40:06 PM UTC-6, cshenk wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > I paid $35.50 for gas this month.
>
> Humm, I did that on something like 17Dec and still have 3/4 a tank. I
> seem to be averaging about 15$ a month of gas? Maybe a bit more as
> holidays had me more at home. I know though it was about 60$ a month
> which is still cheaper than JK's monthly bill.

I filled up last week for $26.50 and that was hi-test gas but I had enough
points for 55¢ off each gallon. I had last filled up in December and I made
a few trips around Christmas averaging 60 miles round trip.

John Kuthe

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 23:34:2113.01.2021
til
I have NEVER put ANY gasoline at any price in my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf! HA!

Never will either!

John Kuthe...

GM

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 23:39:1313.01.2021
til
Did you get fired today...???

--
Best
Greg

Hank Rogers

ulest,
13. jan. 2021, 23:39:3413.01.2021
til
And you have a full can of gasoline in your garage to prove it
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 00:21:3614.01.2021
til
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 10:34:21 PM UTC-6, johnk...@gmail.com wrote:

> I have NEVER put ANY gasoline at any price in my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf! HA!
>
> Never will either!
>
> John Kuthe...

Well of course not, dope. I'm pretty sure you not only do not have a gas
tank on your Leaf, there's not even a gas port. But if you were so inclined,
just where do you think you'd put that gas nozzle?

Beez Neez

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 01:46:0114.01.2021
til
On 1/13/2021 8:34 PM, John KOOKthe wrote:

> I have NEVER put ANY gasoline

You fill it with COAL instead, you brain-dead fucktard. Where do you
think your electricity comes from? Missouri is trailing-edge in
renewables, dumbfuck!

Fuck off, you tedious attention whore.

dsi1

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 16:50:0114.01.2021
til
Yoose can drive a coolie ukelele pedal bicycle, uncle. I'm driving something a little more democratically priced!
https://egear.asia/cheapest-electric-cars-china/

Omni Vore

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 16:57:0314.01.2021
til
On 1/12/2021 8:45 AM, John KOOKthe wrote:

> I pay an extra $100 on my electric bill every month for the privilege.

I have two cars and don't spend nearly that month for gas. I don't
spend that much for gas and electricity COMBINED.

Your electricity comes from burning coal, you stupid motherfucker.

You're the stupidest cocksucking fucktard ever. Fuck off out of here.

Omni Vore

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 17:14:3514.01.2021
til
On 1/12/2021 3:01 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

> 100% electrics are very new!

The first all-electric cars were prototyped well over a century
ago, you stupid cocksucking shitbag.

Fuck off out of here, you ignorant motherfucking attention whore.

Hank Rogers

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 18:18:0614.01.2021
til
How can yoose say that? Kuth has a stack of cannabis degrees.

And he knows almost as much as Popeye katz.

Alex

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 19:40:4714.01.2021
til
You can't get fired when you were never hired.

John Kuthe

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 20:56:2614.01.2021
til
I've requested that have a shadowing opportunity to learn the job first hand better before I start, and Grandpa and I will be in contact this weekend.

You don't know much about nursing jobs, do you?

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

GM

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 21:01:2214.01.2021
til
Well enuf to know that you will F - L - O - P at this one...

Is "Grandpa" autistic, like the poor little kid you left alone -- which resulted in your censure...???

--
Best
Greg

Hank Rogers

ulest,
14. jan. 2021, 22:23:3414.01.2021
til
Hahaha, neither do yoose.

Gary

ulest,
15. jan. 2021, 06:49:4415.01.2021
til
John Kuthe wrote:
> I've requested that have a shadowing opportunity to learn
> the job first hand better before I start,

If you requested that, it's a "plus" for you and shows
responsibility. Most jobs have a "training period" and I'd
think a one-on-one nursing job is even more important
as it carries a lot of responsibility (and liability).

"Shadowing" for 4-5 days would be a good thing to really learn the full
situation. The family will be judging you too. Will they "like" you and
will they trust you?

Much more personal than a hospital nursing job.

jmcquown

ulest,
15. jan. 2021, 07:42:1915.01.2021
til
Nothing special about "shadowing". I shadowed another server for the
first week I worked at Red Lobster (I was in college) so I could
memorize the food and drink codes and the table numbers in the various
stations. What's to learn about Grandpa's "patient" by shadowing
another nurse? Oh my, don't tell me they expect you to learn some pesky
software...

Jill

Alex

ulest,
15. jan. 2021, 20:22:0315.01.2021
til
If you requested that for something so simple they have got to be
looking for your replacement already.

John Kuthe

ulest,
16. jan. 2021, 18:29:5416.01.2021
til
On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 7:22:03 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> If you requested that for something so simple they have got to be
> looking for your replacement already.

Nope! Going in Tuesday 10AM.

And Fuck Off!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN....

GM

ulest,
16. jan. 2021, 18:42:4316.01.2021
til
Your LYING noze is light years *longer* than Pinocchio's even...

--
Best
Greg

John Kuthe

ulest,
16. jan. 2021, 20:09:2016.01.2021
til
BullSHIT!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Janet

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 07:54:5017.01.2021
til
In article <924e8b44-8234-4736...@googlegroups.com>,
johnk...@gmail.com says...

> On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 7:22:03 PM UTC-6, Alex wrote:
> > If you requested that for something so simple they have got to be
> > looking for your replacement already.
>
> Nope! Going in Tuesday 10AM.

Tuesday will be a Kuthe-free day on rfc? As if.

I'm betting you'll be posting all day Tuesday to rfc, about garlic
potatoes, electric cars and fairy lights.

Janet UK

Gary

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 11:04:0817.01.2021
til
Those old GEICO Pinocchio commercials were funny. :)

Master Bruce

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 13:58:4117.01.2021
til
You'd better hope so. What else will you do with your inner bitch?
Julie's gone.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 14:37:3517.01.2021
til
On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 10:04:08 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:

> Those old GEICO Pinocchio commercials were funny. :)

The new "fencing" and "Tag Team" videos are funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNurpCGQHFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDAg3VkZPg8

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 14:38:2517.01.2021
til
On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 12:58:41 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:

> Julie's gone.

Promise???????????????????????

Master Bruce

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 14:39:5217.01.2021
til
It's what she said. Now what? Double up on John?

Hank Rogers

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 15:17:1917.01.2021
til
You'll just have to double up smooching on his asshole master.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 15:38:2917.01.2021
til
The only way Ju-Ju will ever be t.r.u.l.y. gone is when one of her 'lovers'
strangles her to death. The draw to this group for the attention, negative
or otherwise, is too strong for her to pull the plug on us and never post here
again.

But hope springs eternal.

Master Bruce

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 15:46:1717.01.2021
til
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:38:25 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 1:39:52 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 11:38:21 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>> >Promise???????????????????????
>>
>> It's what she said. Now what? Double up on John?
>>
>The only way Ju-Ju will ever be t.r.u.l.y. gone is when one of her 'lovers'
>strangles her to death. The draw to this group for the attention, negative
>or otherwise, is too strong for her to pull the plug on us and never post here
>again.
>
>But hope springs eternal.

Most of her posts are replies to the people who say they hate her
posts and attack her continuously, thus inspiring more posts from her.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 16:04:2517.01.2021
til
How else is she going to receive the attention she so desperately craves??
Same thing with Kuthe; post something outrageous, reject every single
suggestion, or cuss them out like a dog. Take your pick.

Master Bruce

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 16:13:0117.01.2021
til
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 13:04:22 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 2:46:17 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:38:25 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>>
>> >The only way Ju-Ju will ever be t.r.u.l.y. gone is when one of her 'lovers'
>> >strangles her to death. The draw to this group for the attention, negative
>> >or otherwise, is too strong for her to pull the plug on us and never post here
>> >again.
>> >
>> >But hope springs eternal.
>> >
>> Most of her posts are replies to the people who say they hate her
>> posts and attack her continuously, thus inspiring more posts from her.
>>
>How else is she going to receive the attention she so desperately craves??
>Same thing with Kuthe; post something outrageous, reject every single
>suggestion, or cuss them out like a dog. Take your pick.

I'm saying that you help create the posts that you say you hate.

GM

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 16:18:1917.01.2021
til
itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> How else is she [Julie] going to receive the attention she so desperately craves??
> Same thing with Kuthe; post something outrageous, reject every single
> suggestion, or cuss them out like a dog. Take your pick.

Same with our arse - sniffer Bwuthie, she uselessly humps every post...

--
Best
Greg

Bryan Simmons

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 16:33:0017.01.2021
til
On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 2:46:17 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:38:25 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 1:39:52 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:

> >> It's what she said. Now what? Double up on John?
> >>
> >The only way Ju-Ju will ever be t.r.u.l.y. gone is when one of her 'lovers'
> >strangles her to death. The draw to this group for the attention, negative
> >or otherwise, is too strong for her to pull the plug on us and never post here
> >again.
> >
> >But hope springs eternal.

HEY! You're hornin' in on my schtick!

> Most of her posts are replies to the people who say they hate her
> posts and attack her continuously, thus inspiring more posts from her.

Yeah. Tell her to cut it out, Master Bruce. I don't need the competition,
and remember, I suggested that tubby-in-a-tutu might want to kill her
many years ago.

--Bryan

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 16:37:5417.01.2021
til
Maybe, maybe not. I can remember the very first time I ever replied to one of
her posts. It was a simple suggestion, one of dozens she received, and it,
along with those other dozen suggestions, were shot down. It just like she was
at a carnival with one of those target rifles that are used to shoot ducks, rabbits,
spinning wheels, etc. and you win a prize for how many of those metal targets
you can hit.

The pattern of her posts have always been the same, never once have they
changed. Post, wait for helpful answers/suggestions, shoot each and every
one down for a thousand different imaged reasons. Anything for attention
and anything to contrary. My level of despising her has gotten so great I no
longer click on her lying bullshit needy posts.

A sampling of Ju-Ju's rejections in no particular order.

1. I don't like that.
2. He doesn't like that.
3. Angela doesn't like that.
4. I'm allergic to that.
5. My store doesn't stock that.
6. My store was out of that.
7. Amazon doesn't stock that.
8. They quit making that.
9. That's not the same brand I buy.
10. I'm 'disabled.'
11. I don't want to stand in line more than 5 minutes.

It's an endless list. Feel free to add to it.

Bryan Simmons

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 16:38:4617.01.2021
til
Is butt sniffing so contagious that you can catch it through the internet?
Move over, Covid-19 variant b.1.1.7. There's a new kid in town.

> --
> Best
> Greg

--Bryan

Dave Smith

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 17:21:2117.01.2021
til
Damn. She and her sisterhood of stupidity always used to say that if
she left we would still be talking about her. Whenever she left for a
while one of synchophants would typically try to stir things up to get
people talking about here.

She announced a week or so ago that she was leaving. I didn't see any
posts about her. But, damn it.. seems that Ms. Bruce had to stir things
up, and you bit.

Master Bruce

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 17:31:4817.01.2021
til
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 17:21:15 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2021-01-17 2:38 p.m., itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 12:58:41 PM UTC-6, Master Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Julie's gone.
>>>
>> Promise???????????????????????
>>
> Damn. She and her sisterhood of stupidity always used to say that if
>she left we would still be talking about her.

And there you go.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 20:12:1017.01.2021
til
As I stated in a previous post, I don't read her posts any longer so I did not
know she had 'announced her departure.' But I put no stock in her declaration,
she'll be back. She has that in common with Kuthe, both crave attention and
they'll post anything to receive it.

Master Bruce

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 20:21:1817.01.2021
til
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 17:12:07 -0800 (PST), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
Let's see where Dave Smith now goes to take his inner bitch for a
walk. And what an inner bitch she his. She makes his niece look like a
dwarf.

Dave Smith

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 20:28:2517.01.2021
til
I am not going to argue that. I just don't want to provide any
ammunition for claims that we are all so obsessed with her that we would
still be talking about her if she left. As I pointed out, her
detractors were pretty good about enjoying her absence in silence, but
then some of her needy fans would try to instigate some talk about her.

Master Bruce

ulest,
17. jan. 2021, 20:30:5617.01.2021
til
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 20:28:19 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2021-01-17 8:12 p.m., itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

>>> Damn. She and her sisterhood of stupidity always used to say that if
>>> she left we would still be talking about her. Whenever she left for a
>>> while one of synchophants would typically try to stir things up to get
>>> people talking about here.
>>>
>>> She announced a week or so ago that she was leaving. I didn't see any
>>> posts about her. But, damn it.. seems that Ms. Bruce had to stir things
>>> up, and you bit.
>>>
>> As I stated in a previous post, I don't read her posts any longer so I did not
>> know she had 'announced her departure.' But I put no stock in her declaration,
>> she'll be back. She has that in common with Kuthe, both crave attention and
>> they'll post anything to receive it.
>>
>I am not going to argue that. I just don't want to provide any
>ammunition for claims that we are all so obsessed with her that we would
>still be talking about her if she left.

You are.

Gary

ulest,
18. jan. 2021, 12:34:4518.01.2021
til
On 1/17/2021 4:37 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> A sampling of Ju-Ju's rejections in no particular order.
>
> 1. I don't like that.
> 2. He doesn't like that.
> 3. Angela doesn't like that.
> 4. I'm allergic to that.
> 5. My store doesn't stock that.
> 6. My store was out of that.
> 7. Amazon doesn't stock that.
> 8. They quit making that.
> 9. That's not the same brand I buy.
> 10. I'm 'disabled.'
> 11. I don't want to stand in line more than 5 minutes.
>
> It's an endless list. Feel free to add to it.

You should see Jill's list of dislikes. Equally impressive.
Anyway, now that Julie is gone, Jill has become top princess in this
group. I congratulate her for that honor.

Dave Smith

ulest,
18. jan. 2021, 12:42:1818.01.2021
til
Actually, I was going to nominate you to be the top princess.
Flere meldinger lastes inn.
0 nye meldinger