Smoke Grilled Jerk Chicken

Sqwertz

May 13, 2021, 11:38:57 PM5/13/21
Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
cucumber salad.

https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-Chicken-Spatchcocked-Smoked.jpg

-sw

Hank Rogers

May 14, 2021, 12:13:58 AM5/14/21
Headlines will read "jerk spatchcocks penetration and smokes flied
lice"

GM

May 14, 2021, 3:09:52 AM5/14/21
Steve sexually pleasured that old hen before he ate it, Hank...it clucked with pleasure...

--
Best
Greg

Gary

May 14, 2021, 9:57:16 AM5/14/21
that looks tasty. :)

Taxed and Spent

May 14, 2021, 1:59:40 PM5/14/21
You serve it on a Frisbee?

Ray

May 14, 2021, 2:11:41 PM5/14/21
:)

US Janet

May 14, 2021, 3:47:59 PM5/14/21
On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
wrote:
That is a good looking chicken. I imagine it is pretty spicy since
you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning
Janet US

Walter de Rochebrune

May 14, 2021, 3:54:19 PM5/14/21
I wouldn't expect anything less than jerk seasoning from Steve.

--
The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Walter de Rochebrune

May 14, 2021, 4:22:10 PM5/14/21

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Walter de Rochebrune

May 14, 2021, 4:22:20 PM5/14/21

Ray

May 14, 2021, 6:35:25 PM5/14/21
On Fri, 14 May 2021 13:47:55 -0600, US Janet <USJ...@jan6noplace.com>

dsi1

May 14, 2021, 7:38:12 PM5/14/21
"We don’t thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient..."

- Golda Meir

Sqwertz

May 14, 2021, 9:23:52 PM5/14/21
On Fri, 14 May 2021 13:47:55 -0600, US Janet wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
>>for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
>>oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
>>cucumber salad.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-Chicken-Spatchcocked-Smoked.jpg
>
> That is a good looking chicken.

The other chickens don't think so. But it kinda sexy to humans.

> I imagine it is pretty spicy since you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning

Yes, it was too spicy. I haven't been eating much spicy food lately
so my tolerance is pretty low.

-sw

Alex

May 14, 2021, 9:50:43 PM5/14/21
Looks great!  I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning.  Time to give
it a go.

bruce bowser

May 14, 2021, 10:57:22 PM5/14/21
I'm sure there's a mild version.

Walter de Rochebrune

May 15, 2021, 4:10:52 AM5/15/21

cshenk

May 15, 2021, 2:51:44 PM5/15/21
It's good but it can be very spicy. Some versions are milder and work
better.

Major plus for the Gochujang Rice! I do that too.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/239790/jerk-marinade-seasoning-rub/

Adjust the Cayenne pepper to your level. I've actually made it with
Paprika and been happy with the results but that's for fast cooking as
it turns bitter with longer cooking.

bruce bowser

May 15, 2021, 4:35:05 PM5/15/21
Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours, throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.

Robert de Boissigny

May 15, 2021, 4:54:25 PM5/15/21

Ed Pawlowski

May 15, 2021, 5:35:46 PM5/15/21
Thanks for the reminder. I've not done that for years and it is pretty
good. I have some boneless thighs in the freezer so that may be next week.

bruce bowser

May 15, 2021, 5:56:23 PM5/15/21
good stuf.

Dave Smith

May 15, 2021, 6:55:22 PM5/15/21
That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from jerk
chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger, allspice, and
other spices.

cshenk

May 15, 2021, 10:32:31 PM5/15/21
I'm used to it being fairly spicy too but I don't negate that in some
parts of the world, it might be called 'jerk chicken'.

I'm in another message forum (not usenet) and they'd think that
'spicy'. Needless to say, they aren't into what I am but I now post
recipies that are blnd as hell for them. Not hateful people but I
swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

Sean

May 15, 2021, 10:50:18 PM5/15/21
I thought Americans say "hot" where I'd say "spicy". And that to
Americans "spicy" refers to things like cinnamon, not to chilli
peppers or wasabi.

Sean

May 16, 2021, 2:27:00 AM5/16/21

Sean

May 16, 2021, 2:27:32 AM5/16/21
On Sat, 15 May 2021 21:32:21 -0500, "cshenk"

Gary

May 16, 2021, 6:48:47 AM5/16/21
cshenk wrote:
> I swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes out
of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.

It's not spicy but it's definitely sweet. Good with chicken vegetable
soup and chili. I even like a slice of it for a "dessert-like snack."

Arnie

May 16, 2021, 7:06:52 AM5/16/21
On Sat, 15 May 2021 21:32:21 -0500, "cshenk"

bruce bowser

May 16, 2021, 1:36:27 PM5/16/21
No. It doesn't use anything else but Italian salad dressing.

cshenk

May 16, 2021, 2:32:49 PM5/16/21
Works for me too but I'm more apt to make the deep southern old time
one with the gritty corn and minimal sugar but lots of bacon fat.
Basically I like both types.

Arnie

May 16, 2021, 3:16:19 PM5/16/21

Walter de Rochebrune

May 16, 2021, 3:28:41 PM5/16/21

Walter de Rochebrune

May 16, 2021, 3:28:53 PM5/16/21

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 16, 2021, 5:00:50 PM5/16/21
On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:48:47 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > I swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.
>>
> Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
> occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes out
> of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.

You don't split your slice of cornbread open and butter the inside??

bruce bowser

May 17, 2021, 6:27:17 AM5/17/21
I prefer mine only on corn dogs w/ mustard and ketchup.

Gary

May 17, 2021, 7:24:13 AM5/17/21
Just different cooking methods.
I'll mix up one box of Jiffy and also add an extra TBS or 2 of milk,
pour into an 8" cake pan and bake. This results in thick/dense cornbread
only 1" or less thick.

Compare to thick fudge brownies vs puffy cake-like brownies.

As soon as it comes out of the oven and is still hot, I'll rub a stick
of butter over the top many times. Lots of butter that soaks in via the
top. Then I let it cool down then store in a plastic produce bag to
retain the moisture.

dsi1

May 17, 2021, 2:11:38 PM5/17/21
I have cooked that stuff in a small rice cooker. You have to flip that over once. I think it comforting to know that you can have cornbread if you have a small rice cooker, a box of Jiffy mix, and some water.

bruce bowser

May 17, 2021, 2:39:47 PM5/17/21
At the dollar store, they have little single serve nukeable cake batter now. Just add water.

dsi1

May 17, 2021, 3:43:47 PM5/17/21
Oddly enough, those things work fine in the microwave. My guess is that a box of Jiffy mix would work too and it'll probably be 6 times faster. Baking a cake in seconds indicates the highest level of technological sophistication of any civilization.

Cindy Hamilton

May 17, 2021, 4:06:34 PM5/17/21
On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 3:43:47 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> Baking a cake in seconds indicates the highest level of technological sophistication of any
> civilization.

I'd rather it be good than it be fast.

Cindy Hamilton

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 17, 2021, 4:20:13 PM5/17/21
You butter your corn dogs??

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 17, 2021, 4:28:44 PM5/17/21
On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 6:24:13 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> On 5/16/2021 5:00 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:48:47 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >>
> >> Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
> >> occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes out
> >> of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.
> >>
> > You don't split your slice of cornbread open and butter the inside?
> >
> Just different cooking methods.

I didn't ask how you cooked it, I asked about your buttering method.

> As soon as it comes out of the oven and is still hot, I'll rub a stick
> of butter over the top many times. Lots of butter that soaks in via the
> top.

If lots of butter is your goal, you'll get much more if you split that cornbread
in two and butter the inside. Slap the top back on while it's hot to promote
melting and absorption.

https://i.postimg.cc/fLx8hN6K/Buttered-Cornbread.jpg

Do you just butter the tops of your biscuits??

dsi1

May 17, 2021, 4:51:13 PM5/17/21
You equate goodness with being slow. I'm a fan of fast and good. OTOH, here's a good and slow cake that requires the highest levels of technique: cotton cheese cake. The people that made this closed down their business recently. Hopefully, they're try again when the time is right.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/a1Wo4HpZH8tqGEVz8

jmcquown

May 17, 2021, 5:30:12 PM5/17/21
LOL Bowser doesn't cook. Betcha bowser buys frozen corn dogs.

Jill

Mike Duffy

May 17, 2021, 8:14:40 PM5/17/21
On Mon, 17 May 2021 13:06:31 -0700, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'd rather it be good than it be fast.

Also, it's easy to ruin a fabulous cake with bad icing.

Bryan Simmons

May 17, 2021, 8:18:33 PM5/17/21
Or you could waste fabulous icing on a bad cake.

--Bryan

Ed Pawlowski

May 17, 2021, 10:28:26 PM5/17/21
That applies to cake and love making.

Cindy Hamilton

May 18, 2021, 4:49:27 AM5/18/21
On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 4:51:13 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 10:06:34 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 3:43:47 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > > Baking a cake in seconds indicates the highest level of technological sophistication of any
> > > civilization.
> > I'd rather it be good than it be fast.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> You equate goodness with being slow. I'm a fan of fast and good.

No, I equate badness with being fast.

Dollar store nukable cake tastes bad. Jiffy mix tastes bad.

> OTOH, here's a good and slow cake that requires the highest levels of technique: cotton cheese cake. The people that made this closed down their business recently. Hopefully, they're try again when the time is right.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/a1Wo4HpZH8tqGEVz8

"Cotton cheese cake" is not a compelling name. It suggests that it would be
tasteless, or perhaps taste only of sugar.

Cindy Hamilton

Sheldon Martin

May 18, 2021, 7:48:15 AM5/18/21
A moist carrot cake with walnuts needs no icing, will make me a very
Happy Birthday.

Gary

May 18, 2021, 8:33:47 AM5/18/21
jmcquown wrote:
> Betcha bowser buys frozen corn dogs.

I sure do. Some are very good and some not so good.
It's been so long, I forget what's good and bad.
The good ones are best plain...no condiments necessary.

I would *never* waste my time to make my own unless unless I made them
to sell.

And Jill. You don't even eat them so why the snarky comment?

Gary

May 18, 2021, 8:41:37 AM5/18/21
On 5/17/2021 4:28 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 6:24:13 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

>>> You don't split your slice of cornbread open and butter the inside?
>>>
>> Just different cooking methods.
>>
> I didn't ask how you cooked it, I asked about your buttering method.

*MY* buttering method is the last step in the cooking here. It counts.

>> As soon as it comes out of the oven and is still hot, I'll rub a stick
>> of butter over the top many times. Lots of butter that soaks in via the
>> top.
>>
> If lots of butter is your goal, you'll get much more if you split that cornbread
> in two and butter the inside. Slap the top back on while it's hot to promote
> melting and absorption.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/fLx8hN6K/Buttered-Cornbread.jpg
>
> Do you just butter the tops of your biscuits??

If my biscuits or rolls were only 1" or less thick, yes I would just
butter the tops.

Go finish hemming your dress slacks. :)

Gary

May 18, 2021, 8:48:20 AM5/18/21
Sheldon Martin wrote:
> A moist carrot cake with walnuts needs no icing, will make me a very
> Happy Birthday.

Ha! I did guess right...today is your birthday. Same as my daughter.
Have a good one, Sheldar.

Dave Smith

May 18, 2021, 9:07:18 AM5/18/21
On 2021-05-18 7:48 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2021 01:49:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
tps://photos.app.goo.gl/a1Wo4HpZH8tqGEVz8

>> "Cotton cheese cake" is not a compelling name. It suggests that it would be
>> tasteless, or perhaps taste only of sugar.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>
> A moist carrot cake with walnuts needs no icing, will make me a very
> Happy Birthday.

That may be, but a nice, rich, cream cheese icing is one of the great
things about a good carrot cake.

bruce bowser

May 18, 2021, 11:20:40 AM5/18/21
That's also good on spice cake.

Sheldon Martin

May 18, 2021, 11:27:45 AM5/18/21
That frosting adds a lot of fat calories that limits how much cake I
would enjoy... the same reason I don't eat pie crust.

Josie MacDaddy

May 18, 2021, 11:30:40 AM5/18/21
Dave doesn't care about that, he got so fat that
his heart almost exploded.

S Viemeister

May 18, 2021, 11:56:50 AM5/18/21
This is one of those very rare things on which I agree with Sheldon. A
really good carrot cake needs no icing.

bruce bowser

May 18, 2021, 12:50:29 PM5/18/21
That's why God made exercising. Am I wrong?

Cindy Hamilton

May 18, 2021, 12:51:04 PM5/18/21
Perhaps. A smear of cream cheese with a little honey beaten into it
provides a welcome tanginess. It doesn't need a ton.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

May 18, 2021, 1:28:27 PM5/18/21
If only it were that easy. The sugar and fat does more nasty stuff to
your body than just adding calories.

Sheldon Martin

May 18, 2021, 1:36:20 PM5/18/21
I'd rather have a larger piece of cake without icing.
For the benefit derived from formal exercise I'd rather do something
productive like work in the vegetable garden... I don't consider a
treadmill or a nordic track any benefit unless one has the IQ of a
hamster.

Arnie

May 18, 2021, 3:03:46 PM5/18/21
On Tue, 18 May 2021 13:36:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin <penm...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2021 09:50:26 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
><bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 11:27:45 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>>> That frosting adds a lot of fat calories that limits how much cake I
>>> would enjoy... the same reason I don't eat pie crust.
>>
>>That's why God made exercising. Am I wrong?
>
>I'd rather have a larger piece of cake without icing.
>For the benefit derived from formal exercise I'd rather do something
>productive like work in the vegetable garden... I don't consider a
>treadmill or a nordic track any benefit unless one has the IQ of a
>hamster.

I think you have the second lowest IQ of this newsgroup.

Hank Rogers

May 18, 2021, 3:24:45 PM5/18/21
Comes in right behind kuth?

Sniff his ass anyway master doctor!

bruce bowser

May 18, 2021, 3:24:55 PM5/18/21
I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile. I try to run along Jones Beach near where they have concerts, but my all time favorite place to run is Eisenhower Park also on Long Island, especially during the winter. Very stately environment. I don't run for a great amount of time. I barely even finish a half mile, then I walk the rest.

Mike Duffy

May 18, 2021, 3:47:37 PM5/18/21
On Tue, 18 May 2021 14:24:37 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Sniff his ass anyway master doctor!

Not that it really matters Hank, but John & Sheldon are not at the bottom
of the IQ list. One of the Bruces is fighting it out with Bryan for that
spot now.

J. Stewart

May 18, 2021, 4:10:29 PM5/18/21
On Tue, 18 May 2021 19:47:32 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
<Bo...@nosuch.com> wrote:

>Not that it really matters Hank, but John & Sheldon are not at the bottom
>of the IQ list. One of the Bruces is fighting it out with Bryan for that
>spot now.

Mike, allow me to explain something to you. Just because you don't
like someone, doesn't necessarily mean they're stupid. That's not how
it works. Lucky for you :)

J. Stewart

May 18, 2021, 4:42:14 PM5/18/21

J. Stewart

May 18, 2021, 4:42:34 PM5/18/21
On Tue, 18 May 2021 19:47:32 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy

J. Stewart

May 18, 2021, 4:43:32 PM5/18/21

J. Stewart

May 18, 2021, 4:46:29 PM5/18/21

J. Stewart

May 18, 2021, 4:48:29 PM5/18/21

jmcquown

May 18, 2021, 5:23:39 PM5/18/21
On 5/18/2021 7:48 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> A moist carrot cake with walnuts needs no icing, will make me a very
> Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday, Sheldon. :)

Jill

jmcquown

May 18, 2021, 5:30:41 PM5/18/21
I'd eat carrot cake without the icing but it does add a nice touch. I
have new neighbors living across the street. They moved in last Summer
so with the whole social distancing and mask thing we "met" at a
distance while we were both in our respective driveways. She asked me
for some recommendations for things like trash pickup companies,
landscape companies, etc. I jotted some things down and placed in the
message box under their mailbox. A few days later she left a small
carrot cake with cream cheese icing outside my front door with a "thank
you" note. :)

Jill

Dave Smith

May 18, 2021, 5:48:54 PM5/18/21
Credit where credit is due. It is a tough fight.

Joe Silverbeet

May 18, 2021, 5:54:11 PM5/18/21
Thick and Thicker are having fun. Enjoy! :)

Hank Rogers

May 18, 2021, 6:06:43 PM5/18/21
Did you get a good long whiff there, master doctor?

Enjoy dave's butt odor! :)

Bruce

May 18, 2021, 6:55:08 PM5/18/21
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Bruce

May 18, 2021, 6:55:29 PM5/18/21
On Tue, 18 May 2021 17:23:33 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>

Bruce

May 18, 2021, 6:59:35 PM5/18/21
On Tue, 18 May 2021 17:06:35 -0500, Hank Rogers <Nos...@invalid.com>

bruce bowser

May 19, 2021, 7:22:53 AM5/19/21
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 5:30:41 PM UTC-4, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On 5/18/2021 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2021-05-18 7:48 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> >> On Tue, 18 May 2021 01:49:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > tps://photos.app.goo.gl/a1Wo4HpZH8tqGEVz8

> >> A moist carrot cake with walnuts needs no icing, will make me a very
> >> Happy Birthday.
> >>

> > That may be, but a nice, rich, cream cheese icing is one of the great
> > things about a good carrot cake.
> I'd eat carrot cake without the icing but it does add a nice touch.

Especially with layered cake. Maybe four or five layers!

Gary

May 19, 2021, 7:50:57 AM5/19/21
bruce bowser wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>> I don't consider a
>> treadmill or a nordic track any benefit unless one has the IQ of a
>> hamster.
>
> I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile.

I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
exercise machines.

Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
and people.

bruce bowser

May 19, 2021, 7:54:52 AM5/19/21
I say running along the beach is best.

Gary

May 19, 2021, 8:06:25 AM5/19/21
Yes! Most of my running miles were on the Boardwalk. One mile slow to
the beach, 5-10 miles on the boardwalk then one mile home.

Arnie

May 19, 2021, 3:47:09 PM5/19/21

Arnie

May 19, 2021, 3:47:11 PM5/19/21

jmcquown

May 19, 2021, 5:15:42 PM5/19/21
On 5/19/2021 8:06 AM, Gary wrote:

> Yes! Most of my running miles were on the Boardwalk. One mile slow to
> the beach, 5-10 miles on the boardwalk then one mile home.

Should we start calling you 'Forrest Gump'? ;)

Jill

Bryan Simmons

May 19, 2021, 6:57:45 PM5/19/21
A bunch of my co-workers left and went to Peloton. An assistant manager
left, and he started pirating some of the best workers. I wasn't one of them.
About 6 months before he left, he had to give me my review, and I cussed at
him for minutes straight about my wage not being commensurate with my
skills and performance. I said stuff like, "You know this is fucking bullshit,
and I know you didn't make the fucking decision, but you get fucking paid to
listen to this." I didn't suffer any repercussions for mouthing off to an exec,
but I also didn't get any more money.

We got along fine after that, and he quit about 6 months later, and not long
after that I threw another fit about my working conditions. I didn't get any
more money, but I got everything else, exactly the position and exactly the
hours I wanted, and I can leave early any time I want if I'm done with my
tasks. My last performance review was glowing, and I don't even care that
I only got a 2% increase. Shit, I'm only a few years from retirement.

The Peloton guy didn't offer me a job, and I told one of my work buddies to
tell him that if I knew what I know now, maybe I wouldn't have cussed at
him for 10 minutes straight, because I knew it would get a laugh, which it
did, since everyone concerned knew that I'm happy where I'm at, and there
is zero chance that I'd toss the dice with job satisfaction for a few more
dollars an hour. In 4-1/2 years I'll be on Medicare, at which point I will
never again work a single minute on anyone's timeclock.

I worked extra today. My tasks were completed, but there was a call-off
in another department, so I volunteered to pitch in there, without being
asked. Then I came home and made dinner, which was pan seared steak,
mushroom gravy, and chopped, peel on potatoes, boiled, with a little carrot,
slivered with a peeler added near the end, that I whipped with the mixer.

The mushroom gravy was sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter, then put
into a pot with cornstarch slurry, a little beef BtB, white pepper, a tiny bit of
onion powder and some added butter.

--Bryan

Pepe Gonzalez

May 19, 2021, 7:23:06 PM5/19/21

Pepe Gonzalez

May 19, 2021, 7:23:12 PM5/19/21
On Wed, 19 May 2021 17:15:36 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>

Transition Zone

May 21, 2021, 2:11:41 PM5/21/21
Only if Tom Hanks your hero, OK?

bruce bowser

May 22, 2021, 3:38:24 PM5/22/21
On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 5:30:41 PM UTC-4, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.

Bruce

May 22, 2021, 4:13:23 PM5/22/21

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 22, 2021, 4:24:16 PM5/22/21
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.

What is "cheese cake icing"?

Dave Smith

May 22, 2021, 4:33:17 PM5/22/21
The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

--
This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from the other
Dave Smith.

Dave Smith

May 22, 2021, 4:36:45 PM5/22/21
On Sat, 22 May 2021 16:33:12 -0400, Dave Smith
<DSm...@dilavni.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
><itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>>
>>What is "cheese cake icing"?
>
>The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from an
alternative Dave Smith. It's a common name, you know.

Dave Smith

May 22, 2021, 4:38:37 PM5/22/21
<DSm...@dilavni.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
><itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>>
>>What is "cheese cake icing"?
>
>The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 22, 2021, 10:30:02 PM5/22/21
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 3:33:17 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> >>
> >> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
> >>
> >What is "cheese cake icing"?
> >
> The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.
>
> This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from the other
> Dave Smith.

Cheese cake does not have an icing. I'm assuming he was talking about
cream cheese icing but I wanted to see if I'd missed a new icing.

Mike Duffy

May 22, 2021, 11:34:10 PM5/22/21
On Sat, 22 May 2021 19:29:56 -0700, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> Cheese cake does not have an icing. I'm assuming he was talking about
> cream cheese icing but I wanted to see if I'd missed a new icing.

Since you say 'he' instead of 'you', we can assume you knew you were
talking to a Dave of a different colère.

What he (Dave 3 if you include the one from Hawaii) said is just blank
rhetoric. Obviously too lame to be taken as witty (except, perhaps by
that wacky Bryan), it resembles output from debug versions of the 1966
MIT Artificial Intelligence Program program 'Eliza'.

The Bruce expansions into RFC nymspace are probably robots. The original
'Bad' Bruce only has a few seconds to get in a response to everyone else's
posts; how else could new Bruces possibly keep up?

It's real easy for a scripter to fake someone like that. Probably Cindy &
Steve could but they always seem too busy. Of course, John could as well
if he could read the manual to fix his computer, but that's on the
computer, so it's a real chicken & egg conundrum.

I would, but I have other stuff to do too. Like going to bed.

Dave Smith

May 23, 2021, 12:58:26 AM5/23/21
<DSm...@dilavni.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
><itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>>
>>What is "cheese cake icing"?
>
>The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

Dave Smith

May 23, 2021, 12:58:33 AM5/23/21
It is loading more messages.