I'm gonna start washing my sheets every Sunday!

John Kuthe

May 26, 2022, 9:04:05 PM5/26/22
NY Times recommended washing one's sheets every weekend!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Thomas

May 26, 2022, 9:23:31 PM5/26/22
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 9:04:05 PM UTC-4, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> NY Times recommended washing one's sheets every weekend!
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
Scumbag for 60 plus years to figure it out. Twice on your Sunday would be better.
Better would be new daily.
Your pal is going to give better advice soon. 3...2...1...

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 26, 2022, 10:40:43 PM5/26/22
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:04:05 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:

> NY Times recommended washing one's sheets every weekend!
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

We've already had this discussion, you pig. Remember last year when you
shared with the group you hadn't changed your sheets for m.o.n.t.h.s.???

André Malraux

May 26, 2022, 10:46:37 PM5/26/22
I'm sure John will perform a courtesy sheet change before you jump in
with him, so don't worry.

--
André Malraux
<https://cdn.britannica.com/20/109120-050-C8214147/Andre-Malraux.jpg>

Dave Smith

May 26, 2022, 11:14:28 PM5/26/22
Ours get washed every Tuesday.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 26, 2022, 11:48:34 PM5/26/22
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 9:46:37 PM UTC-5, André Malraux wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2022 19:40:40 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:04:05 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> >>
> >We've already had this discussion, you pig. Remember last year when you
> >shared with the group you hadn't changed your sheets for m.o.n.t.h.s.???
> >
> I'm sure John will perform a courtesy sheet change before you jump in
> with him, so don't worry.

Thinking about jumping in the bed with that nasty creep would cause me to go
completely celibate and take to the veil.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 26, 2022, 11:50:43 PM5/26/22
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 10:14:28 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> Ours get washed every Tuesday.

I strip the bed on Saturday and wash those on Monday.

Ed Pawlowski

May 26, 2022, 11:55:27 PM5/26/22
Well that's not the best way. New York Times says it should be the
weekend so we should all follow that advice. Mine got washed yesterday
but now I know better. Weekends.

GM

May 27, 2022, 12:14:41 AM5/27/22
That NY Times' link I posted WEEKS ago now, lol...

--
GM

André Malraux

May 27, 2022, 12:53:22 AM5/27/22
Not Monday, not Wednesday. Tuesday!

André Malraux

May 27, 2022, 12:54:11 AM5/27/22
On Thu, 26 May 2022 20:48:31 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 9:46:37 PM UTC-5, André Malraux wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 26 May 2022 19:40:40 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>>
>> >On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:04:05 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
>> >>
>> >We've already had this discussion, you pig. Remember last year when you
>> >shared with the group you hadn't changed your sheets for m.o.n.t.h.s.???
>> >
>> I'm sure John will perform a courtesy sheet change before you jump in
>> with him, so don't worry.
>>
>Thinking about jumping in the bed with that nasty creep would cause me to go
>completely celibate and take to the veil.

A love/hate relationship, clearly!

André Malraux

May 27, 2022, 12:54:37 AM5/27/22
Not Sunday, not Tuesday. Monday!

Occi Pital

May 27, 2022, 1:12:38 AM5/27/22
On 5/26/2022 6:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

Fuck off, KOOKthe, you brainless fuckwit. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT
YOUR STUPID CHILDISH OFF-TOPIC EGOTISTICAL NARCISSISTIC CRAP!

Bryan Simmons

May 27, 2022, 5:10:55 PM5/27/22
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:04:05 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> NY Times recommended washing one's sheets every weekend!

You should wash your ass too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uldt6Y-CE3s

> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

--Bryan

John Kuthe

May 28, 2022, 10:13:40 AM5/28/22
I always do! It stinks anyway!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 10:26:04 AM5/28/22
Thomas wrote:
jwk...@bjc.org wrote:

> > NY Times recommended washing one's sheets every weekend!

> Scumbag for 60 plus years to figure it out. Twice on your Sunday would be better.
> Better would be new daily.
> Your pal is going to give better advice soon. 3...2...1...

You're not going to believe this but I have not washed my laundry in half
a year. I have no car. I am not griping about it, but it factors in. I hate going
to the laundromat - the suspense of it, not knowing how crowded or loud
it's going to be, overrun with a bunch of mostly Mexican pre schoolers with
high shrieking voices. They have 3 laundries in this building but they don't
use enough water. I know others who live here who take their laundry out.

So it got started with me using a solution of half vinegar and half water in
a spray bottle. After wearing a tee shirt I'd spray it really good and hang it
near a window. I have 10 tee shirts, so I don't get back to the first one for
at least 10 days. Vinegar is an odor killer. I'm not saying the clothes couldn't
use a good cleaning, and in fact I indeed to take them in a cab to the laundromat
this week. I am not looking forward to it but will be glad when it's over. The
bedding is the worst. The tee shirts don't smell at all - at least to my nose. I
wear wool socks and they too get the rotation treatment. Wool socks can be
worn multiple days in row, but I don't do that - I rotate them. This was not a
plan of mine, I just fell into it via pure laziness and also a bad back that was
thrown out toting the big laundry sack the last time I did the wash.

I don't always go with just the hang in the window treatment. Sometimes I'll
take a bunch of laundry down to one of the building's laundries and toss them
into the dryer for an hour after spraying them really good with the vinegar
solution. I do not recommend this for anybody but am proud I thought of it.
After thinking of it I looked it up on the web and found that others do it also.
I guess that makes me normal, at least in part - the fact that other people are
doing it too.

Anyway, it's amazing. I know what I'm doing is a bit nuts or out of the ordinary
at least, but it has worked so far and has proved to me that doing the laundry
every single week is not necessary. I live alone, otherwise I might be getting
some up close and personal suggestions to the contrary. I also use the vinegar/water
solution on the pillow cases which I then throw in the dryer for a good hour with
some other stuff. If I were wealthy I'd buy 365 pairs of briefs for the year and
toss them after every use. No, I don't think I'd do that. But for a person with
loads of money it's nothing. Briefs are cheap, typically.

Sheldon Martin

May 28, 2022, 11:48:21 AM5/28/22
Why don't you have your own washer and dryer? They are not very
expensive if you don't get all the extras. My washer and dryer are
some 25 years old and work fine. I'm doing a load of laundry right
now... what I save on vinegar pays for doing my laundry.

jmcquown

May 28, 2022, 12:36:47 PM5/28/22
Thomas Joseph is an attention-seeker who says he lives in government
housing and wants us to read his long-winded tales of woe.

He wrote: "I don't always go with just the hang in the window treatment.
Sometimes I'll take a bunch of laundry down to one of the building's
laundries and toss them into the dryer for an hour after spraying them
really good with the vinegar solution."

So, there are washers and dryers in his building. He's too cheap to buy
some laundry detergent. Yet he's willing to take a *cab* to go to
laundromat? I call BS.

Jill

GM

May 28, 2022, 1:05:36 PM5/28/22
Well, it's all a matter of degree then, isn't it...???

You refuse to pony up a meezly $139 per year for Amazon Prime...

He doesn't waste money doing laundry...

Do we see a "pattern' here...???

--
GM

itsjoan...@webtv.net

May 28, 2022, 5:23:26 PM5/28/22
On Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 11:36:47 AM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> Thomas Joseph is an attention-seeker who says he lives in government
> housing and wants us to read his long-winded tales of woe.
>
> He wrote: "I don't always go with just the hang in the window treatment.
> Sometimes I'll take a bunch of laundry down to one of the building's
> laundries and toss them into the dryer for an hour after spraying them
> really good with the vinegar solution."
>
> So, there are washers and dryers in his building. He's too cheap to buy
> some laundry detergent. Yet he's willing to take a *cab* to go to
> laundromat? I call BS.
>
> Jill

Nailed it!!

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 9:08:03 PM5/28/22
Sheldon wrote:

> Why don't you have your own washer and dryer? They are not very
> expensive if you don't get all the extras. My washer and dryer are
> some 25 years old and work fine. I'm doing a load of laundry right
> now... what I save on vinegar pays for doing my laundry.

All my life I have lived close to the ground, always furnished places. I hate
shopping. More accurately I dread it. They don't allow washers and dryers
in the apartments here. They pay the water. I don't blame them. I'm cool
with it. Besides, even if they allowed them I'd never buy one. In my 74 years
of living the most I have ever spent on any one item was $200 for a radio/CD
player 25 years ago. It broke down about 2 years ago. I am not a cheap guy,
I just don't have a lot of money and am not willing to strive to get it. That's
the way I am. Thanks for the tip though. It's laziness and I admit it. Once
I get cranking I'm ok. When I drove cab I used it late at night to do laundry
before parking it for the owner. I used it to shop late at night too, sometimes
being like the only person in a big all night Walmart. What a luxury. I walk
and take the bus now. That cab could be a luxury at times. It came in
handy. But I have slacked off since I kissed work goodbye. Too much weed
and freedom now. I asked for it and finally got it. I am chained to my freedom.
And I admit it.

By the way, the words, "Not expensive" are very subjective. VERY subjective.

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 9:14:59 PM5/28/22
j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> Thomas Joseph is an attention-seeker who says he lives in government
> housing and wants us to read his long-winded tales of woe.
>
> He wrote: "I don't always go with just the hang in the window treatment.
> Sometimes I'll take a bunch of laundry down to one of the building's
> laundries and toss them into the dryer for an hour after spraying them
> really good with the vinegar solution."

> So, there are washers and dryers in his building. He's too cheap to buy
> some laundry detergent. Yet he's willing to take a *cab* to go to
> laundromat? I call BS.

You really are one sad piece of shit. You obviously do not read my posts.
That is your choice and fine with me. But to respond to stuff you don't
even read is really insane. I explained in my post why I don't use the
washers - not enough water. I also said there are others I've talked to
in the building who do their laundry elsewhere. But they have cars. At
one time I would walk it to the laundry 2 and 1/2 miles, then walk it back
with the big back slung over my shoulder. But I have gotten lazy the past
few years living without working and it has taken some of the zest out
of my swing. That's a good thing for you as right now I feel like wringing
your neck, or dragging you to one of those old fashioned washers with
rollers on it and force your head between them and let it roll daddy roll..........
.........all night long. By the way, I'm sure you know it, but I'm going to say
it anyway: You are an asshole.

GM

May 28, 2022, 9:17:47 PM5/28/22
Lol...

--
GM

André Malraux

May 28, 2022, 9:20:44 PM5/28/22
On Sat, 28 May 2022 18:14:56 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Joseph
<jazee...@gmail.com> wrote:

>j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
>
>> Thomas Joseph is an attention-seeker who says he lives in government
>> housing and wants us to read his long-winded tales of woe.
>>
>> He wrote: "I don't always go with just the hang in the window treatment.
>> Sometimes I'll take a bunch of laundry down to one of the building's
>> laundries and toss them into the dryer for an hour after spraying them
>> really good with the vinegar solution."
>
>> So, there are washers and dryers in his building. He's too cheap to buy
>> some laundry detergent. Yet he's willing to take a *cab* to go to
>> laundromat? I call BS.
>

>You really are one sad piece of shit. You obviously do not read my posts.

Jill McBitchy's an expert on posts that she doesn't read and on people
who she has killfiled. It's a very special skill. Jill's gifted.

<snip>

> You are an asshole.

Yeah ok, she's that as well.

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 9:25:08 PM5/28/22
GM wrote:

> Well, it's all a matter of degree then, isn't it...???
>
> You refuse to pony up a meezly $139 per year for Amazon Prime...
>
> He doesn't waste money doing laundry...
>
> Do we see a "pattern' here...???

She does not see in degrees. With her it's all black and white, no in between.
Nothing abstract, no thinking - just looking for opportunities to bash other
people. I enjoy being bashed when it's coming from honesty. Everyone could
use a good critique now and then. But her 'verdicts' are far from fair and also
wrong most of the time. She may have me kill filed so she reads only other
people's responses to me, occasionally looking up to catch a word or two.
I don't care if she never reads any of my posts. She gets her info second
hand but is probably above buying second hand clothes. Oh, by the way,
it is not the cost of laundry that bugs me. I don't mind that at all. I can afford
it. It's the noise. Most laundromats are havens for large Mexican families.
No honest person who's been around can deny it, they are loud people,
especially the kids. And they hoard the carts. They'll put a single article
of clothing in the cart and hold on to it as if it's theirs. If you want to use it
you have to ask, at which time of course they "No speak the English." So it's
the loud Mexicans and the sometimes overcrowded aspect of it that bugs me,
not the money. I'm a pretty good manager of money. I used to drink heavy
and could not have a bank account. If I wanted something, like a car, and I
had $100 to spare for a good used one, I would have to hunt one down in a
hurry knowing if I didn't I'd blow the money on booze and other stuff. So back
then I was a lousy money manager. Not now. At one time without a bank account
because I didn't trust myself I paid my rent, which was very cheap at the time
in L.A. 6 months in advance. I did the same with my phone bill. That was my
bank. I trusted the apartment manager. I had receipts from all parties. Anyway,
that was my bank. It gave me padding. If I lost my job or whatever I knew I had
6 months rent paid up, also the phone. I was irresponsible back then but I knew
it. In that way I was very responsible with my irresponsibleness.

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 9:29:32 PM5/28/22
GM wrote:
jazee...@gmail.com wrote:

> You are an asshole.

> Lol...

Love the LOLs, that's what I'm here for in case you didn't know it. They can't all be
gems of course, and some can be downright awful. But from now on I think there
are going to be more LOLs because I am past caring about what people in here
think of me, I'm going to post what I want and they're either going to read it or
they're not - I don't care. This is a food group. I came here initially a few years
back for that purpose alone, mostly to ask questions about certain ways to cook
things, etc. I am pretty good at slinging foods together but do not call myself a
cook. So I may talk about food now and then. Other than that I will talk about any
Goddamn thing I want to talk about - and I hope it comes out good. Of course.

GM

May 28, 2022, 9:30:34 PM5/28/22
We should put Jill in of those noisy laundromats for six months "in advance"...

She is very racist and hates Mexicans...

--
GM

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 9:32:00 PM5/28/22
Do you have any idea how much bullshit I put up with from the bitch before coming
down to her level or maybe even below and resorting to cuss words to get my point
across. I was going to say "Fuck You" at first but settled on "You are an asshole"
because it had more truth in it.

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 9:38:21 PM5/28/22
GM wrote:
jazee...@gmail.com wrote:

> We should put Jill in of those noisy laundromats for six months "in advance"...

> She is very racist and hates Mexicans...

Why waste time talking about what she hates. Better to talk about what
she doesn't hate, it would take less time. I do not hate Mexicans. I got along
with them very well in L.A. In what had become my hood was slowly 'invaded'
by Mexicans, the same way I invaded the territory of Hollywood residents who
had been there for years. The outsider thing is funny. I loved Hollywood. I lived
in the old part, the part that was major luxury in the 20s. I loved those buildings.
Not many cliques. Almost everyone you'd meet was from somewhere else other
than California. So nobody could tell anyone else to get lost. The poolroom was
an open air insane asylum and I loved it. I believe she bitch is racist. Who isn't
to some degree? The worst ones are the ones who think they're able to hide
it by having one or two 'friends' from the groups they don't like. Having a gay
friend is also trending cool these days. "Well, what you say has merit, but my
gay friends says................", blah blah blah. Yeah, she's a definite bigot, very easy
to see.

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 9:43:28 PM5/28/22
GM wrote:

> We should put Jill in of those noisy laundromats for six months "in advance"...
>
> She is very racist and hates Mexicans...

Forget the laundromat, put her in a dryer and pump a bunch of quarters
into it. What a way to die. Gotta be really brutal. You're in there tight.
So tight you can't use your legs to kick the glass out. You can use your
arms, but they are cramped up tight against your rolling body. So there
she is for hours on end - put the setting on low - steaming it up, slow basted
rotisserie style - round and round she goes till she's begging someone to
turn the setting to 'high' to get the agony of with. The dryer will be even
more congested and claustrophobic when Joann is inserted into the
machine along with Jill. Two J's in a Jam.

GM

May 28, 2022, 10:01:21 PM5/28/22
Joan is a sweetie now, leave her alone...

--
GM

André Malraux

May 28, 2022, 10:01:43 PM5/28/22
On Sat, 28 May 2022 18:31:57 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Joseph
She's snooty, judgmental and not very bright. I think she's very
unhappy.

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 10:13:21 PM5/28/22
GM wrote:

> Joan is a sweetie now, leave her alone...

Or what?

Thomas Joseph

May 28, 2022, 10:22:10 PM5/28/22
André Malraux wrote:

> She's snooty, judgmental and not very bright. I think she's very
> unhappy.

I agree, about the unhappy part especially. I think many people in this group
are unhappy. I am not unhappy because I don't let myself get happy in the
first place. Unhappy people are people who convinced themselves at some
point that they were happy. When happiness leaves they become unhappy.
It's a form of greed, and yes hate and bitterness too, as you say.

It is sad that she is so unhappy. But I am not sad for her. Her brand of
unhappiness is too far gone for me feeling sad for her to do any good.
Yes, she is unhappy. My advice (if anyone is listening), is to forego happiness
altogether. Go with the comfort zone. Happiness is an extreme drug-like
state of mind that eventually wears off, resulting in a mind blowing comedown
that makes "Lost Weekend" look like a picnic. Which it was, for the viewer.

Hank Rogers

May 28, 2022, 10:23:16 PM5/28/22
Indeed.

Popeye is a rich new york jew. Most everything is not expensive
from his perspective.

He likely spends more on stray cats and crystal palace then your
total government dole income.

André Malraux

May 28, 2022, 10:28:15 PM5/28/22
What Greg Sorrow means is that Joan's extreme right wing, just like
Greg. That's how Greg works. The more you lean towards the KKK, the
more he likes you.

Hank Rogers

May 28, 2022, 10:34:07 PM5/28/22
Yeah, don't worry about her. Her majesty has a excellent news
filter. She has bragged about it in the past.

She can easily tune out anything she don't want to see. So if your
posts ever offend her, it's her own damn fault.

GM

May 28, 2022, 10:51:06 PM5/28/22
Or I will make "dsi1" force you to eat some of that wormy Hawaiian fish he likes...

O:-)

--
GM

Leonard Blaisdell

May 29, 2022, 12:55:13 AM5/29/22
On 2022-05-29, André Malraux <Mal...@nopls.invalid> wrote:

> What Greg Sorrow means is that Joan's extreme right wing, just like
> Greg. That's how Greg works. The more you lean towards the KKK, the
> more he likes you.

The KKK was born and bred by Southern Democrats. Robert Byrd founded a
chapter of it. Byrd was eulogized by Obama and Biden at his funeral.
Drop the right-wing slurs until you gain a bit of intelligence.
Is that too much to ask?
By the way, Byrd said his KKK affiliation was his biggest mistake.
That's because things didn't work out the way he hoped. Look it up.

André Malraux

May 29, 2022, 1:03:16 AM5/29/22
On 29 May 2022 04:55:07 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
You're so right-wing you find the Republicans too lefty. You also
believe in shock jocks. I need a more reliable witness.

Leonard Blaisdell

May 29, 2022, 1:26:05 AM5/29/22
On 2022-05-29, André Malraux <Mal...@nopls.invalid> wrote:

> You're so right-wing you find the Republicans too lefty. You also
> believe in shock jocks. I need a more reliable witness.

I do find the Republican Party too lefty. I'm a 1970 conservative. My
original party is far to the left of me now. All either party wants to
do is drive the bus.
What's a shock jock? Anyone you disagree with?

André Malraux

May 29, 2022, 1:45:16 AM5/29/22
On 29 May 2022 05:25:59 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
They're on the radio and they talk right-wing kook crap that
deplorables believe. Sometimes they have a German last name.

Leonard Blaisdell

May 29, 2022, 2:17:43 AM5/29/22
On 2022-05-29, André Malraux <Mal...@nopls.invalid> wrote:
> On 29 May 2022 05:25:59 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
><leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>What's a shock jock? Anyone you disagree with?

> They're on the radio and they talk right-wing kook crap that
> deplorables believe. Sometimes they have a German last name.

OK, I get it. Left-wing kook crap good; right-wing kook crap bad.
How many cylinders did you say you were firing on? I'm sorry, how many
amps short of a full charge?

André Malraux

May 29, 2022, 2:29:03 AM5/29/22
On 29 May 2022 06:17:37 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
<leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2022-05-29, André Malraux <Mal...@nopls.invalid> wrote:
>> On 29 May 2022 05:25:59 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
>><leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>>What's a shock jock? Anyone you disagree with?
>
>> They're on the radio and they talk right-wing kook crap that
>> deplorables believe. Sometimes they have a German last name.
>

>OK, I get it. Left-wing kook crap good; right-wing kook crap bad.
>How many cylinders did you say you were firing on? I'm sorry, how many
>amps short of a full charge?

What's left-wing kook crap? Hysterically woke talk?

Thomas Joseph

May 29, 2022, 2:39:22 AM5/29/22
Hank Rogers wrote:

> Yeah, don't worry about her. Her majesty has a excellent news
> filter. She has bragged about it in the past.
>
> She can easily tune out anything she don't want to see. So if your
> posts ever offend her, it's her own damn fault.

Even worse for her and very egotistical for me I'll bet she actually enjoys my
posts, possibly more than anyone in this group. She could be my biggest fan
but is afraid to admit it. One day we will find out when she breaks down like
people on the witness stand with Perry Mason grinding on them. "Yes, yes,
I like his stuff", she declares under pressure from Mason (or someone like him),
"his posts are the first thing I go to when I sign into the group."

Thomas Joseph

May 29, 2022, 2:40:11 AM5/29/22

Hank Rogers wrote:

> Yeah, don't worry about her. Her majesty has a excellent news
> filter. She has bragged about it in the past.
>
> She can easily tune out anything she don't want to see. So if your
> posts ever offend her, it's her own damn fault.

I know, thank you.

Thomas Joseph

May 29, 2022, 2:41:26 AM5/29/22
GM wrote:
jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
GM wrote:

> Joan is a sweetie now, leave her alone...

> > Or what?

> Or I will make "dsi1" force you to eat some of that wormy Hawaiian fish he likes...
>
> O:-)

If it makes me fart I'm cool with it.

Thomas Joseph

May 29, 2022, 2:44:10 AM5/29/22
Hank Rogers wrote:
Thomas Joseph wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

> By the way, the words "Not expensive" are very subjective. VERY subjective.

> Indeed.
>
> Popeye is a rich new york jew. Most everything is not expensive
> from his perspective.
>
> He likely spends more on stray cats and crystal palace then your
> total government dole income.

I know. Greg Sorrow comes through in your posts to Sheldon. But
you have adopted a different persona when responding to him -
the whole Popeye thing, the "youse guys" thing - it's pretty funny.
Not fall down funny, but enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
It's pretty funny, your characters, almost like a novel. Hang Rogers
goes only after Sheldon. Maybe a few others now and then, Sheldon
supporters probably. But I like the way you use a different name for
attacking different people. It could be better though. There is always
room for improvement. Now get out there and make me laugh.

Thomas Joseph

May 29, 2022, 2:51:39 AM5/29/22

GM wrote:

> Joan is a sweetie now, leave her alone...

> What Greg Sorrow means is that Joan's extreme right wing, just like
> Greg. That's how Greg works. The more you lean towards the KKK, the
> more he likes you.

I had that figured. I am a Greg Sorrow scholar. I want to be his friend.
I want it so bad that I will be sending him my KKK membership certificate
as proof when I join next Wednesday.

You are right, most people, maybe all, tend to appreciate and lean toward
those who agree with them. I am aware. I am 'woke'. What bugs me most
though is the assumption that the so-called conservative cannot also be
very liberal in their own way.

For example, even as one who never votes and is not addicted to politics
in the media, I know that some so-called conservatives are really far more
genuinely liberal than their opponents who claim the label. Its easy to say,
"I'm a liberal." Sounds cool, like you have a really open mind, you're capable
of seeing all sides of the story - you are genuinely liberal. But such is not the case
with the vast majority of them. I have found in my life that although I am very
liberal in most ways that convservatives are more down to earth and less phony
than their so-called liberal counterparts. By the way, I abhor the use of the words
'liberal' and 'conservatives' to define one's political package deal. I would prefer
the use 'left' and 'right' to define these political addicts. I resent that political
assholes have usurped those words and are using them in a rigid political manner.
Also, in closing, it is my opinion that no one involved directly with conventional
politics can ever be genuinely liberal. They are all conservatives in their own way.
Some are just good at pretending to be liberal.

Bryan Simmons

May 29, 2022, 9:21:36 AM5/29/22
On Sunday, May 29, 2022 at 12:45:16 AM UTC-5, André Malraux wrote:
> On 29 May 2022 05:25:59 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
> <leobla...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >On 2022-05-29, André Malraux <Mal...@nopls.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> You're so right-wing you find the Republicans too lefty. You also
> >> believe in shock jocks. I need a more reliable witness.
> >

> >I do find the Republican Party too lefty. I'm a 1970 conservative. My
> >original party is far to the left of me now. All either party wants to
> >do is drive the bus.
> >What's a shock jock? Anyone you disagree with?
> They're on the radio and they talk right-wing kook crap that
> deplorables believe. Sometimes they have a German last name.

Hey Bruce, do you have a problem with me wishing that
Leonard would die soon?

--Bryan

André Malraux

May 29, 2022, 3:35:02 PM5/29/22
Yes, I wish that Leo keeps going until he's a 100.

Bryan Simmons

May 29, 2022, 3:48:36 PM5/29/22
Of course you do, Greg.

--Bryan

André Malraux

May 29, 2022, 3:57:59 PM5/29/22
On Sun, 29 May 2022 12:48:33 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
There's nothing wrong with Leo except he believes kook stories. Stop
The Steal!

André Malraux

May 30, 2022, 3:50:17 PM5/30/22
I don't remember when I didn't fondle my penis.

I still do, every chance I get.

My first memory is of sitting in my highchair at the dining-room table with no pants on, fondling my penis.

Apparently, I had wet all my pants and they were in the washer.

My father was yelling at me to "Stop that."

I had no idea what he was talking about, so I kept right on fondling myself.

He then said that if I didn't stop, he would throw his water at me.

I didn't stop, since I didn't know what he was talking about, so he threw his water at me.

Thomas Joseph

May 30, 2022, 8:35:45 PM5/30/22
bryang...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hey Bruce, do you have a problem with me wishing that
> Leonard would die soon?

Your wish makes me wonder if wishing death on people will one day
be against the law. Especially group wishing. Is it possible to wish
someone to death? I would say so. Of course anything is possible.
But I think wishing someone to death would work better if done as
a group. The downside of wishing someone to death is that now you
have to share the joy of the fulfilled wish with other people. Group
fulfillment. Of course in its own way this too has its benefits as it
promotes the healthy values of team work.

TJ - CEO, Senior Citizen Make a Wish foundation.

Thomas Joseph

May 30, 2022, 8:44:23 PM5/30/22
André Malraux wrote:

> I don't remember when I didn't fondle my penis.
>
> I still do, every chance I get.
>
> My first memory is of sitting in my highchair at the dining-room table with no pants on, fondling my penis.
>
> Apparently, I had wet all my pants and they were in the washer.
>
> My father was yelling at me to "Stop that."
>
> I had no idea what he was talking about, so I kept right on fondling myself.
>
> He then said that if I didn't stop, he would throw his water at me.
>
> I didn't stop, since I didn't know what he was talking about, so he threw his water at me.

Penis fondling is a natural urge that society has dampened along
with the wearing of clothes. I am not a nudist. I don't like full disclosure,
not physically anyway, and certainly not in public. But the urge to fondle
the penis is different. It can be sneaked as I did as a kid by poking holes
in my front pockets which were portals to my penis. I was not the only guy
who did it. We called it 'playing pocket pool." Remember that? But let's be
honest - no more wincing words: I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just the
truth when I say that Negro males are more open about penis fondling in
public. Not because they're more honest although who knows, maybe they
are. No, it's because they are closer to primal, so a lot of what they do in
public that is considered taboo is really very natural and down to earth, in
a someone disgusting and 'earthy' way.

Crotch Grabbing Negro
Walking down the street
Crotch grabbing Negro
Grinding on his meat

cshenk

Jun 4, 2022, 7:40:50 PM6/4/22
Sheldon Martin wrote:

> [...]
> > of the ordinary at least, but it has worked so far and has proved
> > to me that doing the laundry every single week is not necessary. I
> > live alone, otherwise I might be getting some up close and personal
> > suggestions to the contrary. I also use the vinegar/water solution
> > on the pillow cases which I then throw in the dryer for a good hour
> > with some other stuff. If I were wealthy I'd buy 365 pairs of
> > briefs for the year and toss them after every use. No, I don't
> > think I'd do that. But for a person with loads of money it's
> > nothing. Briefs are cheap, typically.
>
> Why don't you have your own washer and dryer? They are not very
> expensive if you don't get all the extras. My washer and dryer are
> some 25 years old and work fine. I'm doing a load of laundry right
> now... what I save on vinegar pays for doing my laundry.

Probably no hookups but he could easily get a small floor model that
hooks to the sink and use for simple things. They have small counter
top ones too that use the sink.

https://www.amazon.com/Auertech-Washing-Machine-Portable-Apartments/dp/B08F6ZLCLY/

This one would do most things. Not sheets and probably not a pair of
jeans (but might!). It's a little tall for a countertop but a lower
end table would work well. Hooks to the sink (check, sink hose may be
separate in some units but you can also just fill with tap water from a
pot or something). Set a plastic trash can (bathroom sized) below it
to drain. Refill to rinse, then place in spinner side (spinner side
may not take all of the load at once but can just do smaller runs).

Nifty that you can be washing on one side then spinning dry on the
other. Rack dryers are cheap. Optimal load is probably 2 tshirts or 1
flannel shirt, 2 pais underwear, 2 pairs of socks and probable 1 pillow
case or hand towel. Alternative would be 1 pair jeans, 1 pair
underwear and 1 set of socks. Probably can not spin dry the jeans.
Squeeze out the jeans well and hang in shower area until all dripping
stops then move to rack.

Perfect for just one person, leaving you only larger bedding which in
his case, he can take downstairs.

cshenk

Jun 4, 2022, 7:47:34 PM6/4/22
jmcquown wrote:
> Thomas Joseph is an attention-seeker who says he lives in government
> housing and wants us to read his long-winded tales of woe.
>
> He wrote: "I don't always go with just the hang in the window
> treatment. Sometimes I'll take a bunch of laundry down to one of
> the building's laundries and toss them into the dryer for an hour
> after spraying them really good with the vinegar solution."
>
> So, there are washers and dryers in his building. He's too cheap to
> buy some laundry detergent. Yet he's willing to take a cab to go to
> laundromat? I call BS.
>
> Jill

Actually, he may have issues but the washers downstairs seem to have a
problem too. Meantime, it was fun to look up ideas.

That same unit I posted is good for RV users and we have some who've
done that here.

cshenk

Jun 4, 2022, 8:05:59 PM6/4/22
Andr� Malraux wrote:

> On Sat, 28 May 2022 18:31:57 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Joseph
> <jazee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, May 28, 2022 at 9:20:44 PM UTC-4, André Malraux wrote:

> my posts. >> Jill McBitchy's an expert on posts that she doesn't
> read and on people >> who she has killfiled. It's a very special
> skill. Jill's gifted. >>
> >> <snip>

> >> Yeah ok, she's that as well.
> >

> > Do you have any idea how much bullshit I put up with from the bitch
> > before coming down to her level or maybe even below and resorting
> > to cuss words to get my point across. I was going to say "Fuck
> > You" at first but settled on "You are an asshole" because it had
> > more truth in it.
>
> She's snooty, judgmental and not very bright. I think she's very
> unhappy.

Well, I had fun finding something useful! I seriously doubt it's over
the cost of the laundry soap.

I get this (have skin conditions so need this sort)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWW54HL/

15.67 on subscribe and save, 110 loads at 14 cents each.

Most folks who have been poor know how to survive on less expensive
items than tide pods.

cshenk

Jun 4, 2022, 9:23:57 PM6/4/22
Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2022-05-26 10:40 p.m., itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:04:05 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> > >
> > > NY Times recommended washing one's sheets every weekend!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> > >
> > We've already had this discussion, you pig. Remember last year
> > when you shared with the group you hadn't changed your sheets for
> > m.o.n.t.h.s.
>
> ???
>
> Ours get washed every Tuesday.

cshenk

Jun 4, 2022, 9:23:57 PM6/4/22
Grin, we have 3 sets of twin, 6 spare twin flats and 3 of queen. Don
washes sheets every 3 weeks when all are used. ie: weekly change, wash
when out of clean. With Charlotte gone, we don't have to wash a twin
set each week just my top sheets used on the sofa (2 tops used a week).

Towels, get changed out after 2 or 3 uses and are let to pile up a bit
until the cabinet shows getting low on clean (we have about 15 bath
towels).

A lot of my clothes can be done in a sink with some woolite and hung to
dry. That's a habit from the Japan days. 9 monhs at sea and awkward
most of them to do laundry other than sink rinsing then hang. It
stands me well today.

It was funny when my boss and I had to make a trip to Pensacola. He's
got 2 large checked bags and a max sized carryon that has to go
overhead. This for a 5 day trip? Granted he needed space for a CPAP
but really?

I had 1 bag that has it's own handle and wheels and fits under the
seat. 5 crinkle dresses, 5 pairs of socks and underwear, 2 spare bras,
a spare pair of shoes, govt laptop and charger, tablet and USB charger,
USB charger cube with 4 ports (standard outlet), 1 ethernet cable and a
cell phone type d to USB charger. Oh, also 3 necklaces and 10 packs of
cigarettes, a spare lighter plus an old style eCig and charger. In the
front pocket were 2 books to read and copy of orders and reservations.
Small travel sized bottle of woolite if needed. Cane to help me walk.

I forgot a notepad.. oops!

I remember him laughing on the way back at how I'd packed so small and
it all worked.

cshenk

Jun 4, 2022, 9:31:41 PM6/4/22
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 5/26/2022 11:14 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2022-05-26 10:40 p.m., itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> > > We've already had this discussion, you pig.  Remember last year
> > > when you shared with the group you hadn't changed your sheets for
> > > m.o.n.t.h.s.
> >
> > ???
> >
> > Ours get washed every Tuesday.
>
> Well that's not the best way. New York Times says it should be the
> weekend so we should all follow that advice. Mine got washed
> yesterday but now I know better. Weekends.

cshenk

Jun 4, 2022, 9:31:41 PM6/4/22
LOL! We actually do Sunday mostly so I can help get the sheets on the
Queen bed. That's also when our friend can't take Don to the bar so it
makes for a 'home movie night' and wash day.

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 4, 2022, 9:48:44 PM6/4/22
On 6/4/2022 7:40 PM, cshenk wrote:

> Probably no hookups but he could easily get a small floor model that
> hooks to the sink and use for simple things. They have small counter
> top ones too that use the sink.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Auertech-Washing-Machine-Portable-Apartments/dp/B08F6ZLCLY/
>
> This one would do most things. Not sheets and probably not a pair of
> jeans (but might!).
>
> Perfect for just one person, leaving you only larger bedding which in
> his case, he can take downstairs.

My granddaughter has that. Does typical everyday clothes well, like
jeans, shirts, etc. She dries stuff on a rack.

Bedding goes to the laundromat every couple of weeks.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 6:52:01 AM6/5/22
cshenk wrote:
Sheldon Martin wrote:

> Nifty that you can be washing on one side then spinning dry on the
> other. Rack dryers are cheap. Optimal load is probably 2 tshirts or 1
> flannel shirt, 2 pais underwear, 2 pairs of socks and probable 1 pillow
> case or hand towel. Alternative would be 1 pair jeans, 1 pair
> underwear and 1 set of socks. Probably can not spin dry the jeans.
> Squeeze out the jeans well and hang in shower area until all dripping
> stops then move to rack.
>
> Perfect for just one person, leaving you only larger bedding which in
> his case, he can take downstairs.

You have succeeded in making me feel better about having to do the
laundry my usual way. I dread the laundromat trip so much that I keep
putting it off. That makes it worse. Now after reading your suggestions
and envisioning all that stuff in my apartment, feeling cramped in with
it, plus a bunch of other negatives - now the dreadful experience of
using the laundromat suddenly sounds like a luxury, and I thank you
for helping to make that happen. I don't like owning a bunch of stuff.
I can't afford it. But I like the minimalist approach anyway. But I do
hate going to the laundromat without a car. When I drove cab I used
it for all sorts of chores beyond driving. Anyway, I'm not griping - I
just found it funny to think I've got so long without doing the laundry,
and it makes my suspicious mind wonder if doing laundry isn't some
kind of con game, another thing "they" are making us feel we need
when maybe we don't. I'm planning to do my laundry at the 'mat this
week, finally. I am sort of proud to be able to go so long without washing
my clothes other than the methods I mentioned. They could use a good
cleaning and they're going to get it. Thanks for the suggestions, but I
am not much of a consumer, just a guy who enjoys complaining - not
always for sympathy either. Sometimes I complain because I think
it's funny and want to force it on other people. Thanks.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 7:02:43 AM6/5/22
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> > This one would do most things. Not sheets and probably not a pair of
> > jeans (but might!).
> >
> > Perfect for just one person, leaving you only larger bedding which in
> > his case, he can take downstairs.

> My granddaughter has that. Does typical everyday clothes well, like
> jeans, shirts, etc. She dries stuff on a rack.
>
> Bedding goes to the laundromat every couple of weeks.

I think people think they need to do laundry more than they really do.
I used to mine once a week, but I had the cab then and would fit the
operation into my hours somehow. I had never read about flushing
out odor in clothing using the vinegar/water mix on clothes in the
dryer, but went to the web to check it out after I was already into it.
There were quite a few people posting about the vin/water method
on whatever site I was taken to. I am not saying it's a substitute for
a full cleaning, but then again maybe it is, I don't know. I ran across
a bunch of interesting short articles on ways to do clothes at home,
one of which is boiling them on the stove top. Some funny stuff.

As for our friend Jill, once again she puts words in my mouth by
saying I am too cheap to buy detergent when in reality the stuff I
use costs even more. I use baking soda, a good amount, plus
vinegar for the dryer. It's not the money, it's the hassle of doing
the stuff - a hassle I sometimes find funny myself and thought
others might see humor in as well. I was wrong. Again.

Denis Diderot

Jun 5, 2022, 7:07:47 AM6/5/22
On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 04:02:39 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Joseph
<jazee...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think people think they need to do laundry more than they really do.
>I used to mine once a week, but I had the cab then and would fit the
>operation into my hours somehow. I had never read about flushing
>out odor in clothing using the vinegar/water mix on clothes in the
>dryer, but went to the web to check it out after I was already into it.
>There were quite a few people posting about the vin/water method
>on whatever site I was taken to. I am not saying it's a substitute for
>a full cleaning, but then again maybe it is, I don't know. I ran across
>a bunch of interesting short articles on ways to do clothes at home,
>one of which is boiling them on the stove top. Some funny stuff.
>
>As for our friend Jill, once again she puts words in my mouth by
>saying I am too cheap to buy detergent when in reality the stuff I
>use costs even more. I use baking soda, a good amount, plus
>vinegar for the dryer. It's not the money, it's the hassle of doing
>the stuff - a hassle I sometimes find funny myself and thought
>others might see humor in as well. I was wrong. Again.

Jill has no sense of humour whatsoever, in spite of the fact that she
often posts "LOL, Ed!", but that's just make-believe.

--
Denis Diderot
<https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/thumbs/denis-diderot-1.jpg>

Bryan Simmons

Jun 5, 2022, 7:48:55 AM6/5/22
It's stupid, and no doubt you are a person who
smells bad, but that goes along with being a
cab driver. When I was 18-20 years old, I took
taxis pretty often, and they nearly always
smelled *off*. I'm sure part of that was the
earlier passengers...

--Bryan

Janet

Jun 5, 2022, 7:53:26 AM6/5/22
In article <DZ6dnfojzOQ-mAH_...@giganews.com>, cshenk1
@virginia-beach.net says...

> Grin, we have 3 sets of twin, 6 spare twin flats and 3 of queen. Don
> washes sheets every 3 weeks when all are used. ie: weekly change, wash
> when out of clean. With Charlotte gone, we don't have to wash a twin
> set each week just my top sheets used on the sofa (2 tops used a week).

You own a family-of-3 home, occupied by two, yet you SLEEP ON THE
SOFA?

????????????????

Janet UK

Denis Diderot

Jun 5, 2022, 8:01:12 AM6/5/22
Not having a life of her own, Janet's burning to know the details of
other people's lives. Look at that number of question marks!

jmcquown

Jun 5, 2022, 10:39:39 AM6/5/22
On 6/4/2022 7:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
Carol, you are ever the optimist. Maybe one day he'll figure out most
washing machines (even 25 year old washing machines) have different
water level settings. Or he can continue to spray his clothes with
water/vinegar and hang them in front of a window and pretend they are
washed. Occasionally take a taxi to the laundry which is (in his words)
filled with "mostly Mexican pre schoolers with high shrieking voices."
I'm quite sure it costs more to take a taxi than it does to buy some
inexpensive detergent and use the washing machines and dryers in his own
building, even if he has to put quarters in them.

Jill

GM

Jun 5, 2022, 11:34:30 AM6/5/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 6:02:43 AM UTC-5, jazee...@gmail.com wrote:
Jill uses vinegar for her "daily douche" - she has a ten - gallon douche bag, ya know...

She also makes her own industrial - strength FDS... lye is a primary ingredient...

--
GM

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 11:50:49 AM6/5/22
Denis Diderot wrote:

> Jill has no sense of humour whatsoever, in spite of the fact that she
> often posts "LOL, Ed!", but that's just make-believe.

I know what you're saying and I love hearing it. But now I am forced once
again to be as fair-minded as possible because that's the kind of person I
am. My suspicion is that everybody has a sense of humor of some kind.
A guy can walk around all his life with a scowl on his face and no one ever
sees him laugh. But guaranteed at some point he's going to laugh it up, even
if it takes a mass murder spree to get it going. Notice I used a man instead
of a woman for that part of my post. That's because women are typically
not mass murderers. They are capable, they just find it easier to get guys
to do it for them. So it doesn't have to be murder per se, just any kind of
misery in another person's life should be enough to get some of our most
somber citizens up and chuckling.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 11:57:21 AM6/5/22
Denis Diderot wrote:

Ok, I'm tired of talking about laughter. Let's talk about crying instead. As mentioned
before, as seen from the rear, sobbing shoulders can pass for laughter or crying, very
much the same herky jerky shoulder shake with either emotion.

As for crying, it does not come easy to me. I once went to a friend's funeral and
did not cry. Not even close. I felt so bad about not crying that I went outside and
cried. But I had to force it. I had to work it up. But I did it. Still I don't count that
as an actual cry.

I have not cried in many years. The last time I cried - a very painful day, one I will
not soon forget - was the day John Lennon died. A very painful day indeed. I was
in a bar with a friend. We were chuckling over John's death when suddenly a big
guy at the end of the bar screamed, "What the fuck you guys laughing at? You
laughing at John's death?"

I lied and said no but the guy was already on his way toward us. He was huffing
and puffing but he was big and determined. He swung first, a long looping right
hand. I ducked under it and drove my head into his chest, taking him down. He
was dazed. I got my knees on his shoulders. His face was pinned in. I raised my
fist as high as it would go. Then I let go. But just as my fist was about to hit him
square in the face he moved his head just enough for my fist to miss and hit the
uncarpeted barroom floor. I howled in pain. I got up and ran out of the bar, my
friend in tow. I was in tears. A broken wrist is not something to laugh about. Anyway,
that was the last time I cried, when John Lennon died - a day that will live on in infamy.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 12:06:41 PM6/5/22
bryang...@gmail.com wrote:

> It's stupid, and no doubt you are a person who
> smells bad, but that goes along with being a
> cab driver. When I was 18-20 years old, I took
> taxis pretty often, and they nearly always
> smelled *off*. I'm sure part of that was the
> earlier passengers...

More stereotyping. But I won't defend cabbies because you are right, many of
them are pigs. I am not a pig however. Where I worked here in Winston Salem
we sometimes shared a cab with someone else. One guy driving nights, the other
days. There was a guy at the company (now dead, thank God), by the name of
Harvey Meritt who had a reek about him that was instantly recognizable. I did
not like many guys who drove at that company. I got along with one guy who is
also now dead. He was a bit older than me but had a sense of humor. He shared
a cab with Harvey every day he worked. How he did it I don't know. I did not share
a cab with anyone. I took what was there. Sometimes there would be nothing
available and I'd have to wait. But many times I'd get into a cab and know right
off the bat that Harvey had been in it, his stench was indelibly etched into the seats
and beyond. So yes, lots of smelly cabbies out there. But as you say, lots of smelly
customers as well.

One night I picked two guys up on the north end of town. They had a dog with them.
They asked if it was alright. I said ok, as long as it doesn't stink. They got in. When
they got out I cleared with dispatch and they had a call for me only a block away. I
looked at the back seat. It was matted with hair. I grabbed some cleaning stuff from
my backpack in the trunk and went to work on it. I spent about 10 minutes on it. Not
long considering my waiting ride was only a minute away. So I get into the newly
cleaned cab all proud about what I had accomplished and pulled up to "Mr. Waffle"
which was my destination. The guy was waiting outside. As soon as I saw him I
knew who it was. It was a guy I called "Jimmy the Pisser" because he always
smelled like piss. I think he used a colostomy bag. Whatever. He smelled like
piss - all the time. It was funny, me spending 10 minutes cleaning the cab just
for "Jimmy the Pisser." But I didn't do it for him of course, I did it for myself.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 12:11:41 PM6/5/22
j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> Carol, you are ever the optimist. Maybe one day he'll figure out most
> washing machines (even 25 year old washing machines) have different
> water level settings. Or he can continue to spray his clothes with
> water/vinegar and hang them in front of a window and pretend they are
> washed. Occasionally take a taxi to the laundry which is (in his words)
> filled with "mostly Mexican pre schoolers with high shrieking voices."
> I'm quite sure it costs more to take a taxi than it does to buy some
> inexpensive detergent and use the washing machines and dryers in his own
> building, even if he has to put quarters in them.

How many times do I have to tell you, money is not the issue. About six months
ago, maybe longer, my back went out on me. It was hard to get around. I procrastinated,
I'll admit it. I let the laundry go. I have used the downstairs washers before and I won't use
them again. And like I said, I am not the only one who doesn't use them. The cost is the
least of my worries with the laundry. If you're not going to read my posts that is fine with
me. But if you're going to respond to something I've written it would be a good idea to
read it first. It's not a problem anyway, just something I found humor in. I certainly did
not post it looking for help from you or anyone else. Although if something intelligent
is offered I'm not beyond taking it to heart.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 12:12:48 PM6/5/22
GM wrote:

> Jill uses vinegar for her "daily douche" - she has a ten - gallon douche bag, ya know...
>
> She also makes her own industrial - strength FDS... lye is a primary ingredient...

Wow. lol.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 5, 2022, 12:35:31 PM6/5/22
On 2022-06-05, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Carol, you are ever the optimist. Maybe one day he'll figure out most
> washing machines (even 25 year old washing machines) have different
> water level settings.

I suspect he overloads the washer in an attempt to save money.

> Or he can continue to spray his clothes with
> water/vinegar and hang them in front of a window and pretend they are
> washed.

You've just described what he uses as birth control: B.O.

--
Cindy Hamilton

jmcquown

Jun 5, 2022, 1:07:26 PM6/5/22
On 6/5/2022 12:35 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-06-05, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> Carol, you are ever the optimist. Maybe one day he'll figure out most
>> washing machines (even 25 year old washing machines) have different
>> water level settings.
>
> I suspect he overloads the washer in an attempt to save money.

Is he the one who is paying the water bill?

>> Or he can continue to spray his clothes with
>> water/vinegar and hang them in front of a window and pretend they are
>> washed.
>
> You've just described what he uses as birth control: B.O.

LOL No one wants to get up close and personal with someone who is too
cheap to wash their clothes (or gee, maybe shower). He's a troll.

Jill

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 5, 2022, 1:20:43 PM6/5/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> On 6/5/2022 12:35 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > On 2022-06-05, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Carol, you are ever the optimist. Maybe one day he'll figure out most
> >> washing machines (even 25 year old washing machines) have different
> >> water level settings.
> >
> > I suspect he overloads the washer in an attempt to save money.
> >
> Is he the one who is paying the water bill?

He's probably overloading the washing machine so he doesn't have to drop
any quarters in another machine thus saving his money. If he's overloading
a machine I can't vouch how clean those crowded duds would be.

On the rare occasions I go to a laundromat it's eye opening to see how people
load all their clothes in one washer. Towels, underwear, shirts, blue jeans, etc.
all in one washer.

jmcquown

Jun 5, 2022, 2:43:56 PM6/5/22
On 6/5/2022 1:20 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 12:07:26 PM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

>>> I suspect he overloads the washer in an attempt to save money.
>>>
>> Is he the one who is paying the water bill?
>>>
> He's probably overloading the washing machine so he doesn't have to drop
> any quarters in another machine thus saving his money. If he's overloading
> a machine I can't vouch how clean those crowded duds would be.

I can't vouch for how spraying clothes with a vinegar & water solution
makes them seem clean.

> On the rare occasions I go to a laundromat it's eye opening to see how people
> load all their clothes in one washer. Towels, underwear, shirts, blue jeans, etc.
> all in one washer.

I haven't used a laundromat since I was in my 20's. I lived in an
apartment building with no washer/dryer hookups and no laundry
facilities in the building. Yes, I did see people stuffing everything
into one load in machines. I'm not sure what that has to do with
waiting 6 months between washing clothes. That's just plain lazy.

Jill

Denis Diderot

Jun 5, 2022, 3:39:39 PM6/5/22
On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 08:50:46 -0700 (PDT), Thomas Joseph
<jazee...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Denis Diderot wrote:
>
>> Jill has no sense of humour whatsoever, in spite of the fact that she
>> often posts "LOL, Ed!", but that's just make-believe.
>

>I know what you're saying and I love hearing it. But now I am forced once
>again to be as fair-minded as possible because that's the kind of person I
>am. My suspicion is that everybody has a sense of humor of some kind.
>A guy can walk around all his life with a scowl on his face and no one ever
>sees him laugh. But guaranteed at some point he's going to laugh it up, even
>if it takes a mass murder spree to get it going.

So you're saying that Jill must have laughed at least once in her
life. I think that's a daring assumption, but where would we be
without the occasional daring assumption?

Denis Diderot

Jun 5, 2022, 4:02:45 PM6/5/22
On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 8:04:05 PM UTC-5, jwk...@bjc.org wrote:
> NY Times recommended washing one's sheets every weekend!
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Ok, that's been said 10 times now. Maybe you've killfiled too many
people.

Denis Diderot

Jun 5, 2022, 4:13:02 PM6/5/22
Thanks for spreading the word, Greg.

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 5, 2022, 5:01:47 PM6/5/22
On 6/5/2022 1:20 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> He's probably overloading the washing machine so he doesn't have to drop
> any quarters in another machine thus saving his money. If he's overloading
> a machine I can't vouch how clean those crowded duds would be.
>
> On the rare occasions I go to a laundromat it's eye opening to see how people
> load all their clothes in one washer. Towels, underwear, shirts, blue jeans, etc.
> all in one washer.

I do two loads. One is whites, underwear and socks, and gets bleach.
The other load is everything else, They all come out clean and the
colors don't run. I don't see any reason to separate any further.

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 5, 2022, 5:06:54 PM6/5/22
On 6/5/2022 2:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/5/2022 1:20 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

>>> Is he the one who is paying the water bill?
>>>>
>> He's probably overloading the washing machine so he doesn't have to drop
>> any quarters in another machine thus saving his money.  If he's
>> overloading
>> a machine I can't vouch how clean those crowded duds would be.
>>
> I can't vouch for how spraying clothes with a vinegar & water solution
> makes them seem clean.

It may get rid of some boy odor by unless rinsed with water it certainly
is not clean.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 5, 2022, 8:18:27 PM6/5/22
Same here but my nylon underwear gets color safe bleach and not chlorine.
Colors are washed with other colors.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 8:49:38 PM6/5/22
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
<j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I suspect he overloads the washer in an attempt to save money.
> > Or he can continue to spray his clothes with
> > water/vinegar and hang them in front of a window and pretend they are
> > washed.

> You've just described what he uses as birth control: B.O.

Pretty funny Cindy, except for one thing - I haven't had intercourse
in years and have no need for birth control. Oh I may have caused a
few abortions in my time, maybe - but I haven't used the hole for 30 years,
so you need not worry your silly little head over a bunch of little Thomas
Josephs running around. I love the way you two talk about me. In a way
I'm the new Kuthe, or at least a temporary replacement. Or a substitute
for when his posts are sub par or for when he isn't posting at all. Now you
have someone besides Mr. Kuthe to throw darts at. Oh by the way, because
I am getting older I am planning to write my memoir soon. Part one. But
since it seems you and Jill know more about me than I know about
myself, so I'd like you and Jill to write it for me. There is money involved.
All I'm asking is $10,000 and you can start writing tomorrow. Once the
money from my vast readership starts rolling in you and Jill can take the
bulk of it and give me just enough to live out the rest of my days.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 8:54:44 PM6/5/22
j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> Yes, I did see people stuffing everything
> into one load in machines. I'm not sure what that has to do with
> waiting 6 months between washing clothes. That's just plain lazy.
>
> Jill

You finally got something right. Yes indeed, I am one lazy son of
a bitch. Proudly lazy. But I also know it can be a problem. Anyway,
truth be told, you assume too much. Just because you saw a bunch
of people stuffing all their stuff into one machine doesn't mean I do
it that way. Quite the opposite, I use a lot of machines, which is one
more reason I dread the chore. But I am not griping about it one bit.
In fact I am proud of making it this far using my vinegar and water
solution to get me through. I was social distancing before it became
a name. I can stink to the high heavens, but if there's not a nose around
to smell me, what difference does it make?

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 8:58:24 PM6/5/22
Denis Diderot wrote:

> So you're saying that Jill must have laughed at least once in her
> life. I think that's a daring assumption, but where would we be
> without the occasional daring assumption?

She laughs when other people cry. A lot of people cry, so you
would think she'd be laughing more. But she doesn't laugh at
every person who cries, that would take too much work. But
you can bet when those she loves to hate encounter sorrow or
pain or other negatives in their lives, you can bet at that time
she has the capacity to be a barrel of laughs.

Thomas Joseph

Jun 5, 2022, 9:05:05 PM6/5/22
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

> > I can't vouch for how spraying clothes with a vinegar & water solution
> > makes them seem clean.

> It may get rid of some boy odor by unless rinsed with water it certainly
> is not clean.

Just letting you know, I know that. I have always known it. I never
suggesting replacing the washing of clothes with drying them with
a dose of vinegar water solution. The first time I did it, it was supposed
to be just for one week to get me through. Then one week became two
and so on. I don't know how long it's been since I did the laundry, but I
believe it's about half a year now. I do briefs in a bucket sometimes -
soap and baking soda. But I'm a rag wearer, always have been - and I
once made them look good too - and the thin stuff I wear is easy to
keep fresh and probably doesn't require a lot of washing. In fact, not
to get on a crusade about it, but I have heard and I believe it's true
that washing clothes too much is bad for them. Also the stuff people
use on them. Same with their bodies. A bunch of perfume like formaldehyde
on a corpse - sickly sweet.

Bryan Simmons

Jun 5, 2022, 9:46:09 PM6/5/22
Color safe bleach is oxygen bleach which produces ozone.
Ozone is one of the substances that degrades nylon. Nylon
is not absorbent, so there is no need to use any bleach. You
don't need to sanitize it. Mild detergent gets it 100% clean,
and the heat of the dryer would kill anything that remained,
which is essentially nothing. Oxygen bleach is great for
cotton, or any other natural fiber, but you should not use it
on nylon.

--Bryan

Michael Trew

Jun 5, 2022, 11:57:09 PM6/5/22
On 6/5/2022 14:43, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/5/2022 1:20 PM, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
>>
>> He's probably overloading the washing machine so he doesn't have to drop
>> any quarters in another machine thus saving his money.

Never a good idea, home washer or otherwise. If it's your washer,
you'll wear it out that much quicker.

> I can't vouch for how spraying clothes with a vinegar & water solution
> makes them seem clean.

It might kill the smell or bacteria, but it doesn't wash the soil out.

>> On the rare occasions I go to a laundromat it's eye opening to see how
>> people
>> load all their clothes in one washer. Towels, underwear, shirts, blue
>> jeans, etc.
>> all in one washer.
>
> I haven't used a laundromat since I was in my 20's. I lived in an
> apartment building with no washer/dryer hookups and no laundry
> facilities in the building. Yes, I did see people stuffing everything
> into one load in machines.

Laundromat washers are so gross. They usually stink too. I have one
right across the street, and I'd sooner use my washboard (or back-up
wringer washer) again over walking across the street to wash them. Ick,
they'd never feel clean.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jun 6, 2022, 10:33:00 AM6/6/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 10:57:09 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:

> Laundromat washers are so gross. They usually stink too. I have one
> right across the street, and I'd sooner use my washboard (or back-up
> wringer washer) again over walking across the street to wash them. Ick,
> they'd never feel clean.

Really? When I have to venture to a laundromat about every 2 years or less
to wash king size bedspreads or comforters they're always clean. But those
items require the triple loader and there are even larger capacity washers on
the premises and they're always clean machines.

Sheldon Martin

Jun 6, 2022, 10:54:59 AM6/6/22
On Sun, 5 Jun 2022 <itsjoannotjoann> wrote:

>Same here but my nylon underwear gets color safe bleach and not chlorine.

Hmm, I always imagine your undies are silk.

jmcquown

Jun 6, 2022, 10:56:49 AM6/6/22
Silk granny panties!?

Jill

Thomas Joseph

Jun 6, 2022, 1:42:27 PM6/6/22
Michael Trew wrote:

> Laundromat washers are so gross. They usually stink too. I have one
> right across the street, and I'd sooner use my washboard (or back-up
> wringer washer) again over walking across the street to wash them. Ick,
> they'd never feel clean.

I've been using them all my life. Some are gross. But they are not all the
same. As already stated, I hate the chore of it. But when I go I use the biggest
machines and I do not overstock them. I also do not use a lot of soap. Truth
is you don't need soap in the first place, especially a public laundry where most
people overuse it, as you already said.

I wear thrift store clothes but spring for wool socks at $25 a pair because
they are worth it with the mid thick ones putting a lot of padding between
the feet and the cheap worn down shoes. I used to do my wool socks by
hand only. Then one day after owning them a while I took them to a laundromat
to wash on delicate. I had one or two pair that were a bit too large. I tossed
those into a hotter dyer and it didn't mess them up at all. That's when I realized
that wool can be treated rougher than people think. Anyway, I put those socks
in cold water with some baking soda without soap, and you should have seen
the suds inside that machine - a front loader. Those laundry pipes have plenty
of soap in them. But when I do laundry I don't think about saving money because
to me it's just a big dreadful chore, and once it's over it's like oh yeah baby everything
is great again - until it's time to wash the clothes again, along with clipping the nails
of the fingers and toes and brushing the teeth and cleaning the head in the shower.
These minor chores bug me more than some of the big stuff because they just
keep coming, world without fucking end.

Anyway, anything anybody needs to know about laundromats, I'm the guy who knows
because I have been there - for a long time.

Sheldon Martin

Jun 6, 2022, 1:44:27 PM6/6/22
On Mon, 6 Jun 2022 10:56:43 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comn.net>
wrote:
A well formed granny can enhance any panties.

jmcquown

Jun 6, 2022, 1:50:38 PM6/6/22
You mean like this one?

https://postimg.cc/YvZ2Ldcx

Jill

Sheldon Martin

Jun 6, 2022, 2:30:46 PM6/6/22
My wife knits and she says it's very easy to knit wool socks and they
will cost very little. She knits her own wool socks for skiing
because it's near impossible to buy decent wool socks, store bought
are made of the cheapest lousiest yarn, and they are made on a
machine, not hand knit, so won't fit properly... machine made are not
even knit, they're sort of woven like how children make potholders.
It is loading more messages.