how to keep eggnog cold?

DDuperault

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

Hello all,
I'm planning a big punch bowl of eggnog this Turkey Day,and I was
wondering if there is an approved method of keeping the stuff chilled
during the day. Not that I expect it to last real long. :) Can milk be
frozen into a ring and allowed to melt into the punch without killing
anyone? I'd hate to have to resort to ice cubes....

Dawn

tam...@primenet.com

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

In article <57gj47$9...@newshost.cyberramp.net>, DDuperault
<ddupe...@aol.com> wrote:

Q>>Hello all,
Q>> I'm planning a big punch bowl of eggnog this Turkey Day,and I was
Q>>wondering if there is an approved method of keeping the stuff chilled
Q>>during the day. Not that I expect it to last real long. :) Can milk be
Q>>frozen into a ring and allowed to melt into the punch without killing
Q>>anyone? I'd hate to have to resort to ice cubes.
-------------------------------

Ideally you could fill a very large punchbowl with ice then insert a
smaller punchbowl inside that to contain the eggnog.

--
email: tam...@primenet.com

Michael W. Adams

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

Two different ways:

1. Freeze some of the eggnog and then float it in the punchbowl liquid,
or
2. Freeze some water in a large Tupperware container; keep the lid
sealed and place the container at the bottom of the punch bowl, then
pour in eggnog. Keeps cold but will not dilute flavor. Enjoy! Don't
spike too much; use designated drivers! :)

bgbohl

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

Freeze water in red and green balloons. Use like ice in the punch bowl.

Nicola Cochrane

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

As someone who has never seen or tasted eggnog - can someone tell me exactly
what it is and how to make it?
Sent via ETEL, Edinburgh's Telford College, Scotland UK
voice: +44 (0)131 332 2491. ETEL BBS: +44 (0)131 332 9949

Linda Pek

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

I always use a litre block of vanilla ice cream to keep our eggnog cold.
Linda