Cherries and Cream Icebox Cake

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2021, 5:13:40 PM8/2/21

I mentioned here yesterday that I was headed across the alley to
my neighbors' house for supper. Dinner was GREAT and for dessert
she made a Cherries and Cream icebox cake from a recipe she got
from "Southern Living" magazine. I found it online and I've posted
the link below and it was soooooo good. Pretty simple to make, too,
and would be a great dessert for a family or several friends. I lent her
my 10" springform pan and I brought a large dish of it at home and the
rest went with her to work today as there was plenty left. Just as good
today as yesterday.

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/cherries-and-cream-icebox-cake

The recipe calls for whole cherries on top but the season is over
here so she drizzled some of the pureed cherry preserves on top.

jmcquown

Aug 2, 2021, 5:45:54 PM8/2/21
If I was going to make dessert I would definitely consider that! :)

Jill

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2021, 9:47:20 PM8/2/21
On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 4:45:54 PM UTC-5, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:

> If I was going to make dessert I would definitely consider that! :)
>
> Jill

I need to take a closer look at it and see how many servings it would make
if I were to halve the recipe. I certainly don't need to be eating the full dessert
by myself even though it is delectable.

Michael Trew

Aug 3, 2021, 1:33:33 AM8/3/21
Just freeze most of it, and thaw it when you want it.

Gary

Aug 3, 2021, 8:26:54 AM8/3/21
Unfortunately, "I'm not interested in baking." ;-D

Gary

Aug 3, 2021, 9:23:24 AM8/3/21
Opps, sorry Jill. I saw later that it's a no bake dessert. I've never
been a fan of those. ;)

Michael Trew

Aug 3, 2021, 10:21:33 AM8/3/21
Normally I'm not either, but that cheesecake looks delicious!

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 3, 2021, 4:13:06 PM8/3/21
On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 9:21:33 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:

> Normally I'm not either, but that cheesecake looks delicious!

Take my word for it, it IS!

jmcquown

Aug 3, 2021, 5:59:03 PM8/3/21
On 8/3/2021 8:26 AM, Gary wrote:
Shut up Gary. I'm not interested in baking BREAD anymore. BTDT, don't
eat enough bread to justify the time and effort.

Jill

Bruce 3.1

Aug 3, 2021, 6:05:35 PM8/3/21
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 17:58:55 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
I didn't know bread baking had to be justified. Damn.

Dave Smith

Aug 3, 2021, 6:30:37 PM8/3/21
Gary may not understand that but I do. I like good bread, but I just
don't eat much of it. I get my bread from a great bakery in town, but I
only have a slice or two per day so a loaf lasts me a week and a half or
two. I am not going to go to the work of baking bread so I can have nice
a slice or two of fresh bread and then have it go downhill on me.

jmcquown

Aug 3, 2021, 7:01:54 PM8/3/21
I don't even eat a slice or two of bread per day. A couple of days ago
I had two slices of whole wheat bread spread with peanut butter. Other
than that, I hadn't eaten any bread for at least a week. For the most
part, a loaf of bread lasts well over two weeks here so I store it in
the freezer. There is certainly no need for me to bake bread. The
'specialty' bread I am able to buy at the grocery store bakery is just fine.

I do bake the occasional pan of cornbread but that's a quick batter
bread, not something that requires yeast and kneading and rising and
punching down (or a bread machine for any part of the process). I
haven't even baked a skillet of cornbread in several months even though
I have all the ingredients.

And of course, he's since realized Joan's link was about a no-bake
cheesecake. He's just poking at me because after all, I'm a "bully". LOL

Jill

Dave Smith

Aug 3, 2021, 7:07:04 PM8/3/21
On 2021-08-03 7:01 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>> Gary may not understand that but I do. I like good bread, but I just
>> don't eat much of it.  I get my bread from a great bakery in town, but
>> I only have a slice or two per day so a loaf lasts me a week and a
>> half or two. I am not going to go to the work of baking bread so I can
>> have nice a slice or two of fresh bread and then have it go downhill
>> on me.

Last night I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter. No bread at all
today.

> And of course, he's since realized Joan's link was about a no-bake
> cheesecake.  He's just poking at me because after all, I'm a "bully". LOL

Funny how what you do is bullying but he doesn't see his own bullying.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 3, 2021, 7:24:12 PM8/3/21
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 19:06:59 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2021-08-03 7:01 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>
>>> Gary may not understand that but I do. I like good bread, but I just
>>> don't eat much of it.  I get my bread from a great bakery in town, but
>>> I only have a slice or two per day so a loaf lasts me a week and a
>>> half or two. I am not going to go to the work of baking bread so I can
>>> have nice a slice or two of fresh bread and then have it go downhill
>>> on me.
>
>Last night I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter. No bread at all
>today.

Why are people showing off how little bread they eat?

jmcquown

Aug 3, 2021, 7:30:16 PM8/3/21
It's ironic.

Jill

Bruce 3.1

Aug 3, 2021, 7:42:20 PM8/3/21
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 19:30:07 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Gary's not bullying. It's not frequent enough and not nasty enough.
What Jill and Dave do is bullying.

Thank you for your attention.

Bryan Simmons

Aug 3, 2021, 7:50:26 PM8/3/21
It does look good, but it's not really a cheesecake. They called it an icebox cake.
The addition of the cream cheese is a nice touch, and I'm going to share the
recipe with my wife. Knowing her, she'll get passion fruit into the mix.

--Bryan

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 3, 2021, 8:18:32 PM8/3/21
On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 6:50:26 PM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:

> It does look good, but it's not really a cheesecake. They called it an icebox cake.
> The addition of the cream cheese is a nice touch, and I'm going to share the
> recipe with my wife. Knowing her, she'll get passion fruit into the mix.
>
> --Bryan

I'm pretty sure any fruit would work well in it.

I've made one along the same lines as the original I posted. It involves heavy
whipped cream, cream cheese, and some sort of cookie/wafer along with
espresso powder, and Kahlua.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2021, 12:38:08 AM8/4/21
On 8/3/2021 6:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
How do you get the fresh bakery bread to keep a week and a half or two?

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 12:48:53 AM8/4/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 00:38:05 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
wrote:
There are these new fancy-schmancy appliances that keep things super
cold.

Gary

Aug 4, 2021, 8:07:18 AM8/4/21
On 8/3/2021 6:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
The only bread I bake these days is raisin bread when I get the
urge...every few years. Better than any commercial raisin bread
although those Thomas cinnamon raisin english muffins are pretty good.

Gary

Aug 4, 2021, 8:08:12 AM8/4/21
I eat bread every day. I keep a variety to choose from.

Gary

Aug 4, 2021, 8:08:33 AM8/4/21
You two dummies. I've said many times that I like to bully the
"bullies." I'm just giving them a dose of their own medicine.

If you don't like my bullying, why do you feel it's ok to constantly do
the same to John (and Julie)?

Gary

Aug 4, 2021, 8:11:02 AM8/4/21
When I buy fresh bread, it's good on the counter for up to one week. Any
longer, then put in fridge. If not used often, put in freezer. Nothing
wrong with that.

Sheldon Martin

Aug 4, 2021, 8:17:22 AM8/4/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 00:38:05 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
wrote:

If one doesn't eat much bread buy/make rolls. Many markets sell pizza
dough, makes very good rolls.

Janet

Aug 4, 2021, 8:31:10 AM8/4/21
In article <sebjd7$djq$2...@dont-email.me>, mt99...@ymail.com says...
What a shame you've both missed so many fab classic no-bake desserts

Summer Pudding
Eton Mess
Sherry Trifle
Home-made icecream
Tiramisu
Affogato
Many cheesecakes.

Janet UK

Janet

Aug 4, 2021, 8:34:30 AM8/4/21
In article <sed5jb$146$3...@dont-email.me>, mt99...@ymail.com says...
Slice it, bag it, freeze it. Defrost slices as required.

Janet UK

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 4, 2021, 10:12:36 AM8/4/21
Oregon Trail raisin bread with cinnamon and vanilla. Best ever.
Available at Sam's or on line at Amazon or Walmart.
I ate one and still one in the freezer.

I sent to loaves to a friend for her birthday. She thought it was the
best gift ever.

bruce bowser

Aug 4, 2021, 1:37:11 PM8/4/21
I like those individually packaged Little Debbie brand Oatmeal Cream cookies.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 3:03:42 PM8/4/21
On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 08:06:50 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>The only bread I bake these days is raisin bread when I get the
>urge...every few years. Better than any commercial raisin bread
>although those Thomas cinnamon raisin english muffins are pretty good.

Don't do it, Gary!

Thomas English Muffins, Cinnamon Bun:
enriched wheat flour [flour, malted barley flour, reduced iron,
niacin, thiamin mononitrate (vitamin b1), riboflavin (vitamin b2),
folic acid], water, sugar, farina, wheat gluten, yeast, cinnamon,
dehydrated cream cheese [cream cheese (cultured cream, nonfat dry
milk), nonfat dry milk, mono- & diglycerides, lecithin], natural &
artificial flavors, salt, vegetable oil (soybean, canola), calcium
propionate and sorbic acid (to preserve freshness), wheat starch,
xanthan gum, soy, whey, soy lecithin.

I think this is how covid was created. The Chinese were experimenting
with "English muffin cinnamon buns" for the world market and one
escaped!

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 3:06:26 PM8/4/21
Me too. I love bread. There's nothing wrong with it.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 3:06:57 PM8/4/21
Ha, the plot thickens!

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 3:18:45 PM8/4/21
On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:12:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> wrote:

>Oregon Trail raisin bread with cinnamon and vanilla. Best ever.
>Available at Sam's or on line at Amazon or Walmart.
>I ate one and still one in the freezer.
>
>I sent to loaves to a friend for her birthday. She thought it was the
>best gift ever.

Don't do it, Ed!

Oregon Trail Raisin Cinnamon Bread:
"enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin,
reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), raisins,
water, sugar, contains 2% or less of the following: oat flour, potato
flakes, soybean oil, palm oil, salt, wheat gluten, yeast, fractionated
palm kernel oil, cinnamon, vinegar, soy lecithin, nonfat milk, natural
flavors, citric acid, calcium sulfate, calcium propionate (mold
inhibitor)"

Mold inhibitor's a lovely touch But what would it taste like without
"natural flavors"? And do we want to know?

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2021, 4:07:12 PM8/4/21
I've baked cheesecake before. It's been a couple years. Several people
told me that it was a chore, easy to over cook and dry out/crack, etc.
I had a rather poorly heat regulated oven (temperature valve
misfunctioned), and I figured I'll just do it, didn't even bake with a
pan of water as suggested. Shockingly, it came out perfect. One of the
best cheesecakes I've ever had. I suppose I decided that I wouldn't
ever be able to out-do that, so I never tried... lol.

I do like sweets, but I'm not much of a dessert person. I'm going to
have to look up some of the things on your list, as I've never heard of
them. Perhaps they are more popular overseas?

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2021, 4:08:10 PM8/4/21
I have a refrigerator... it does not keep the quality of the bread
intact, but yes, it keeps it from molding.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2021, 4:08:55 PM8/4/21
I do the same, but it gets freezer burnt quickly. It regularly dries
out when thawing (all of the frost in the package is pulled from the
bread). It still makes good toast, but not much more.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 4:27:25 PM8/4/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 16:08:06 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
My bread's in the freezer. It's not ideal, but I don't go through it
fast enough.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 4:28:13 PM8/4/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 16:08:53 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
wrote:
Toast is what I do, unless we buy special bread, but that's hard to
find.

bruce bowser

Aug 4, 2021, 4:37:15 PM8/4/21
Toast makes a sandwich bettter.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 4, 2021, 6:10:34 PM8/4/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 12:37:11 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> I like those individually packaged Little Debbie brand Oatmeal Cream cookies.

I do, too. But you gotta be careful.

https://i.postimg.cc/FzQzKMPZ/Lil-Diabeetus.jpg

Bryan Simmons

Aug 4, 2021, 6:33:29 PM8/4/21
I would eat those when I was a ~15 YO pothead, just like I'd eat Hostess
Cupcakes/Ding Dongs.

--Bryan

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 4, 2021, 6:43:09 PM8/4/21
Depends on the bread. If you are talking about packaged white bread,
yes agree. If you get a good fresh Polish rye bread, no. There are
some really good breads but not in a package at the grocery store.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2021, 11:34:14 PM8/4/21
I usually buy the better Italian bread. I don't go through enough to
justify the cheaper white sandwich bread, and the Italian bread tastes
better than the "jumbo" $1 white store brand loaf.

Gary

Aug 5, 2021, 9:09:59 AM8/5/21
Michael Trew wrote:
> I do the same, but it gets freezer burnt quickly. It regularly dries
> out when thawing (all of the frost in the package is pulled from the
> bread). It still makes good toast, but not much more.

Suck the air out of freezer bag before putting it back in the freezer.
If you take out a slice or two to thaw, put in a sandwich bag to keep it
from drying out.

Gary

Aug 5, 2021, 9:10:12 AM8/5/21
bruce bowser wrote:
> Toast makes a sandwich bettter.

I agree in most cases. Lightly toasted.

bruce bowser

Aug 5, 2021, 1:43:00 PM8/5/21
Especially if its egg or tuna salad with lettuce and tomato.

Dave Smith

Aug 5, 2021, 2:01:41 PM8/5/21
I use so little bread that I have to keep it in the freezer so a loaf
won't go stale or moldy before I use it. If I want to make a sandwich I
have to get the bread out of the freezer about 10 minutes ahead so it
will be thawed in time. Or...... I can stick a couple slices of frozen
bread in the toaster and by the time I have the ingredients ready I have
some nice lightly toasted bread to make a sandwich with. Great with
tuna salad, salmon salad, chicken or turkey salad, egg salad, lettuce
and tomato, cold chicken.....

Bruce 3.1

Aug 5, 2021, 3:16:51 PM8/5/21
Toast makes bad bread better.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 5, 2021, 3:44:59 PM8/5/21
How about when the loaf has been crushed and deformed during the
shopping process and it's impossible to separate two frozen slices,
unless you're prepared to risk your fingers. When are scientists going
to solve that problem?

Mike Duffy

Aug 5, 2021, 5:28:59 PM8/5/21
On Thu, 05 Aug 2021 14:01:34 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> [...] stick a couple slices of frozen bread in the
> toaster and by the time I have the ingredients ready I have
> some nice lightly toasted bread to make a sandwich with.

Holy shit! You must be super-organized. I've tried that in the past and
can never have everything ready by the time the toast pops up.

Then again, I always keep my butter in the fridge and microwave just as
much as I need for the toast. (Requires square 'stonehenge' orientation
of 4 pats and exactly 5 seconds with my unit.) Also, bacon is usually
involved, the Costco strips require more than re-heating to crisp to my
princely preferences. (Four strips, form a square, cover with paper
towel, 55 seconds).

Open your mustard / mayo / whatever jar and stick a spoon in it.

Get some slices of tomato & lettuce ready, not to mention whatever you
intended as the main ingredient. (Egg, cheese, prepared meat, &c)

Then and only then push down the bar on the toaster.

Then drop some rum into your coffee and try to relax. Just be glad that
damned toaster didn't fuck up yet and set off the fire alarm.

Dave Smith

Aug 5, 2021, 8:47:28 PM8/5/21
On 2021-08-05 5:28 p.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2021 14:01:34 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> [...] stick a couple slices of frozen bread in the
>> toaster and by the time I have the ingredients ready I have
>> some nice lightly toasted bread to make a sandwich with.
>
> Holy shit! You must be super-organized. I've tried that in the past and
> can never have everything ready by the time the toast pops up.

The bread is frozen so it takes longer to toast.

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 12:33:44 AM8/6/21
Yes, tomato makes regular bread soggy.

I had tuna salad this evening, very well with toasted bread.

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 12:34:43 AM8/6/21
I buy whole Italian loaves, I'd have to thaw the entire loaf. They
don't cut nicely frozen.

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 12:36:06 AM8/6/21
Yes, that's what I'd do with failed homemade bread experiments. Toast
and slather with butter.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 6, 2021, 12:49:11 AM8/6/21
On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 00:34:43 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
wrote:
You could cut it first and then freeze it.

--
Bruce, for all your life hacks.

Ophelia

Aug 6, 2021, 5:50:53 AM8/6/21
===

Sounds good:)))

bruce bowser

Aug 6, 2021, 9:13:59 AM8/6/21
> Sounds good:)))

No preserves or jelly?

Mike Duffy

Aug 6, 2021, 9:50:50 AM8/6/21
On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 00:33:43 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

> Yes, tomato makes regular bread soggy.

For sandwiches, I always remove the juicy core. Cut it like skinning a
baseball into its two original 'C' sections and knock arils loose. That
way it won't leak any juice until you bite it.

Gary

Aug 6, 2021, 9:50:54 AM8/6/21
On 8/5/2021 1:42 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
Don't forget a BLT! :)

Dave Smith

Aug 6, 2021, 9:53:16 AM8/6/21
That's why I buy sliced. I get great whole grain bread from a local
baker. I can stick it in the freezer and take out a couple slices and
thaw or toast them when I have a sandwich.

Gary

Aug 6, 2021, 10:03:04 AM8/6/21
lol Come on, Dave.That sounds like a Julie response. (Do you miss her
yet?) Frozen bread takes like 5-6 seconds longer to toast. I do this all
the time and I know better.

Anytime I have toast for a sandwich, I assemble all the filling first.
It's the filling that takes time to prepare.

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 6, 2021, 10:13:44 AM8/6/21
That jelly surrounding the seeds is where most of the flavor is.

Use mayonnaise on the bread. It'll armor it against the tomato, for long
enough to eat the sandwich.

Cindy Hamilton

Sheldon Martin

Aug 6, 2021, 12:46:29 PM8/6/21
Most people who toast bread use that cheapo crapola bread from a
plastic bag. Good bread needs no toasting, in fact shouldn't be
toasted... like yoose who toast Lenders bagles, who think everything
with a hole is a bagel

Sheldon Martin

Aug 6, 2021, 1:16:50 PM8/6/21
Depends where he lives, in NYC one can buy fresh out of the oven Hero
sized. Freezing baked bread turns it into lousy stupid market bread.
Much better to freeze unbaked rolls, thaw some and bake them.

Sheldon Martin

Aug 6, 2021, 1:45:27 PM8/6/21
Sounds like you need a better toaster, our toaster has a Defrost
button, however it's very rare we freeze sliced loaf bread... we
freeze sliced muffins when they are getting old; corn/bran. We buy
very little sliced bread, mostly we use rolls for sandwhiches; kaiser,
and I like onion rolls. Even when I make dough for bread I make it up
into rolls for freezing... pizza dough makes very good rolls.

jmcquown

Aug 6, 2021, 2:06:56 PM8/6/21
Bakeries (even in-store bakeries) have slicing machines. Just ask them
to slice it to the desired thickness. I do that with the sourdough and
the occasional Italian loaf I buy. Then I freeze it.

Jill

jmcquown

Aug 6, 2021, 2:07:52 PM8/6/21
Micheal lives in Ohio. And you haven't lived in NYC in decades.

Jill

Bryan Simmons

Aug 6, 2021, 2:19:15 PM8/6/21
On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 9:13:44 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 9:50:50 AM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
> > On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 00:33:43 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, tomato makes regular bread soggy.
> > For sandwiches, I always remove the juicy core. Cut it like skinning a
> > baseball into its two original 'C' sections and knock arils loose. That
> > way it won't leak any juice until you bite it.
> That jelly surrounding the seeds is where most of the flavor is.

Tomato caviar. I could eat it by the quart. By far my favorite part
of the tomato.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan

bruce bowser

Aug 6, 2021, 2:46:46 PM8/6/21
Yeah, here in the Bronx, say in Castle Hill, I can get fresh baked bread and make a sandwich. Or ask them to make it into a sandwich. Its the fact that its fresh. I just prefer plastic bag frozen pre-sliced bread that I can toast myself.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 6, 2021, 3:52:08 PM8/6/21
On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 14:06:44 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Bakeries (even in-store bakeries) have slicing machines. Just ask them
>to slice it to the desired thickness. I do that with the sourdough and
>the occasional Italian loaf I buy. Then I freeze it.

What is it with Australian slicing machines? They slice bread
irregularly. Slices are either paper thin or thick as a book. What's
up with that, Australia? I want normal slices!

Sheldon Martin

Aug 6, 2021, 5:33:25 PM8/6/21
On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 14:07:42 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
We live close enough to NYC (120 mi)
that visiters bring care packages and there are several NYC
bakeries/eateries in the Catskills. My wife drives into NYC several
times a year to visit family and for doctor visits, she goes in for
her medical treatments for Systemic Lupus every 28 days, she's on an
IV for 7-8 hrs... so she goes with a shopping list. I used to go with
her but now with the virus I'm not permitted in the building.
I've no idea why you need to make so many negative comments regarding
my life style... in truth you actually know nothing about me... mostly
you are talking out your ass. It's very rude to make negative
comments about people who you know little to nothing about. I
constantly make helpful comments about your dilemmas like I did about
your leaking skylight, but never a thank you.

Hank Rogers

Aug 6, 2021, 6:02:50 PM8/6/21
Popeye, yoose were likely banned after you grabbed a nurse's titties.

> I've no idea why you need to make so many negative comments regarding
> my life style... in truth you actually know nothing about me... mostly
> you are talking out your ass.

Popeye, yoose have always talked out your ass.

It's very rude to make negative
> comments about people who you know little to nothing about. I
> constantly make helpful comments about your dilemmas like I did about
> your leaking skylight, but never a thank you.

Yoose so helpful Popeye, I don't know why people don't fawn over you.

Of course, all the wimmens that rape you on sight must be a
compensation. Yoose can't get to aisle 2 at the top market without
some woman fucking yoose ass on the floor.

jmcquown

Aug 6, 2021, 6:17:23 PM8/6/21
On 8/6/2021 5:33 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> constantly make helpful comments about your dilemmas like I did about
> your leaking skylight, but never a thank you.

I should thank you for suggesting I hire teenagers to seal a skylight
even though I replied more than once telling you Dataw does NOT hire
teenagers to work on the golf courses? Okay, thank you for making a
silly suggestion twice!

Micheal mentioned buying whole loaves of unsliced Italian bread. You
went on say "Much better to freeze unbaked rolls, thaw some and bake
them." Since when are unbaked rolls the same thing as a loaf of Italian
bread?

Jill

Bruce 3.1

Aug 6, 2021, 6:27:37 PM8/6/21
On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 18:17:14 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 8/6/2021 5:33 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> constantly make helpful comments about your dilemmas like I did about
>> your leaking skylight, but never a thank you.
>
>I should thank you for suggesting I hire teenagers to seal a skylight
>even though I replied more than once telling you Dataw does NOT hire
>teenagers to work on the golf courses? Okay, thank you for making a
>silly suggestion twice!
>
>Micheal

Why do you keep getting his name wrong? A librarian should know
better.

ItsJoan NotJoAnn

Aug 6, 2021, 7:05:38 PM8/6/21
On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 11:46:29 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Good bread needs no toasting, in fact shouldn't be
> toasted... like yoose who toast Lenders bagles, who think everything
> with a hole is a bagel.

Maybe for you but I like toast with eggs, I can't imagine just eating a plain
piece of bread with scrambled or fried eggs. Nor can I find smearing a
bit of jam on a slice of bread after consuming my eggs is that appealing
untoasted.

Fried egg sandwiches, as well as BLT's, are much tastier to me on
lightly toasted bread. Let's not forget how good peanut butter is spread
on a piece of hot toast and it gets gooey from the warmth. Heavily buttered
and sugared and sometimes a bit of cinnamon is great sprinkled on bread
before it has been run under the broiler for a sweet treat.

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 6, 2021, 9:04:44 PM8/6/21
I'd not toast it if fresh rye bread from a local bakery, or a good
crusty Italian. Everything else gets toasted. I usually have an
English muffin with breakfast, toasted.
Peanut butter has to be on toasted bread.

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 10:14:16 PM8/6/21
I typically don't bother with tomato when I make sandwiches. I like
them enough, but for instance, there is a local restaurant that charges
an extra 30 or 40 cents for the tomato slice. I think that's asinine,
and I don't like tomato that much, so I just typically forgo it.

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 10:15:29 PM8/6/21
On 8/6/2021 10:02 AM, Gary wrote:
> lol Come on, Dave.That sounds like a Julie response. (Do you miss her yet?)

I keep hearing you mention her name, but I can't recall I've ever seen
her post. Did she pass, or leave the group for another reason?

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 10:16:45 PM8/6/21
Yes, the freezer hurts the quality of bread. I do buy my Italian loaves
at the supermarket, but they are baked locally in the supermarket.

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 10:19:37 PM8/6/21
Hmm, I never considered that. While it is an inconvenience, I do like
that I can slice to the size I want. I regularly want a thin slice for
a sandwich, but a thicker slice for a nice piece of toast.

Michael Trew

Aug 6, 2021, 10:20:45 PM8/6/21
Rarely, if ever. I prefer savory toast. I do like apple butter,
however I rarely buy it. If the bread experiment failed enough, I
suppose a thick layer of jam would help. Lol

Dave Smith

Aug 6, 2021, 10:48:47 PM8/6/21
On 2021-08-06 10:02 a.m., Gary wrote:
> On 8/5/2021 8:47 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Holy shit! You must be super-organized. I've tried that in the past and
>>> can never have everything ready by the time the toast pops up.
>>>

>> The bread is frozen so it takes longer to toast.
>
> lol  Come on, Dave.That sounds like a Julie response. (Do you miss her
> yet?)

Still trolling for Julie comments? Attempt noted.

Ed Pawlowski

Aug 6, 2021, 11:12:48 PM8/6/21
Julies was an "interesting" person. She would ask how to cook something
and someone would tell her how. Then she would say how she can't do it
that way.

Or she would ask for a recipe. No matter what it was, at least one
ingredient was not available in her town.

jmcquown

Aug 6, 2021, 11:34:14 PM8/6/21
The slicing machines they have have gradations. They ask how thick
you'd like it to be sliced. I can't speak for what is available at your
grocery store bakery, if indeed that is where you get the Italian loaf.

Jill

Bruce 3.1

Aug 6, 2021, 11:40:24 PM8/6/21
On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 22:15:30 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
wrote:
She was as big a victim of group bullying as John still is, even
though she wasn't asking for it as much. The usual vultures were after
her nevertheless: Dave and OBC Joan, for instance. Julie left half a
year ago when she changed computers and didn't want to reinstall a
news reader, or something like that. The vultures have since doubled
their efforts on John.

Bruce 3.1

Aug 6, 2021, 11:41:22 PM8/6/21
On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 22:16:46 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
wrote:

>On 8/6/2021 1:16 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 14:49:06 +1000, Bruce 3.1
>> <Bruc...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> You could cut it first and then freeze it.
>>
>> Depends where he lives, in NYC one can buy fresh out of the oven Hero
>> sized. Freezing baked bread turns it into lousy stupid market bread.
>> Much better to freeze unbaked rolls, thaw some and bake them.
>
>Yes, the freezer hurts the quality of bread. I do buy my Italian loaves
>at the supermarket, but they are baked locally in the supermarket.

Do you have the guts to look at the ingredients?

Mike Duffy

Aug 7, 2021, 12:37:02 AM8/7/21
On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 22:15:30 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

> I keep hearing you mention her name, but I can't recall I've ever seen
> her post. Did she pass, or leave the group for another reason?

She was the drama queen before Bruce assumed the position.

GM

Aug 7, 2021, 12:46:34 AM8/7/21
"Assume the position, Miss Bwuthie... BOTTOMS UP...quit that WHIMPERING... of COURSE it's NO LUBE 4 " u"....!!!"

O:-)

--
GM

Bruce 3.1

Aug 7, 2021, 12:59:06 AM8/7/21
On Sat, 7 Aug 2021 04:36:57 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy <bo...@nosuch.com>
wrote:
What do you know? You just got here.

Janet

Aug 7, 2021, 8:26:25 AM8/7/21
In article <sekqbt$qf8$6...@dont-email.me>, mt99...@ymail.com says...
Last I heard, Julie gave birth to a son and left him in a cardboard
box on the doorstep of RFC.

Janet UK

Ophelia

Aug 7, 2021, 9:09:32 AM8/7/21
Oy, bugger off, you wicked old trout - Julie
did nothing to you!!!

;-(

Bryan Simmons

Aug 7, 2021, 9:26:26 AM8/7/21
The next time you venture into civilization:
https://www.mancinisbakery.com/breads/

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Aug 7, 2021, 9:32:21 AM8/7/21
You enabled Julie and continue to enable Kuthe. Therefore
you deserve to be treated like the pieces of shit that you
support. And being stupid is no excuse.

--Bryan

Ophelia

Aug 7, 2021, 11:20:58 AM8/7/21
==

More like bullied out by some.

Bryan Simmons

Aug 7, 2021, 11:29:55 AM8/7/21
Good riddance. As her defender, and the lover of Kuthe, you
should be treated with cruelty. You stick up for vermin. At
least Shinklehooper is doing it with the hopes of continuing
to get her asshole licked after the old man drops dead.

--Bryan

Dave Smith

Aug 7, 2021, 12:12:45 PM8/7/21
Gary is one of those who always said that if Julie left the group we
would still be talking about her. He has tried many times to get
something started.

Sheldon Martin

Aug 7, 2021, 12:50:22 PM8/7/21
wrote:

>On 8/6/2021 1:16 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Aug 2021 14:49:06 +1000, Bruce 3.1
>> <Bruc...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> You could cut it first and then freeze it.
>>
>> Depends where he lives, in NYC one can buy fresh out of the oven Hero
>> sized. Freezing baked bread turns it into lousy stupid market bread.
>> Much better to freeze unbaked rolls, thaw some and bake them.
>
>Yes, the freezer hurts the quality of bread. I do buy my Italian loaves
>at the supermarket, but they are baked locally in the supermarket.

Mostly bread baked at supermarkets arrives frozen and is only baked
there... actually many stand alone bakeries bake frozen dough that was
formed elsewhere, typically formed by machine and frozen.
Nowadays most items that used to be hand made are machine made,
otherwise many couldn't afford bread. Today cows are milked by
machine, how unfortunate.

Hank Rogers

Aug 7, 2021, 12:53:40 PM8/7/21
Popeye, yoose always gets horny when yoose think about cows.

Ophelia

Aug 7, 2021, 1:34:58 PM8/7/21
====

Yes:(

Bryan Simmons

Aug 7, 2021, 1:43:00 PM8/7/21
And we'll triple them until the piece of shit leaves. Somehow, I think
attention might then turn mostly to Bruce.

--Bryan
It is loading more messages.