My A/C is fixed

Bryan Simmons

Sep 13, 2021, 9:30:44 PM9/13/21
The guy wanted cash. He said that his wife, who came along was adamant.
Sometimes it's the man who is a victim of spousal abuse. He seemed to be
genuinely afraid of her. I gave him all the cash that we could scrounge up, and
he left with a check for the balance, and gave me a paid in full receipt, but
damn. I'm consistently opposed to patriarchy, as it's most often men who
mistreat women, and unfortunately that's been just the way it was, but sometimes it's the man who is abused.

--Bryan

dsi1

Sep 13, 2021, 10:06:34 PM9/13/21
I needed my car towed and saw a tow service across the street. I asked them how much to tow to the mechanic. They said $75. I gave them 100 and said no need receipt. I give the money to the guy and he gives it to the girl. She immediately jumps up and heads to the mall across the street. I'm guessing she was getting lunch for the guys. I didn't see any abuse but the girl looked like a tough tita that wouldn't like being abused. Of course, I wouldn't call her a tita in front of her. I might get abused. It's a dangerous word for those unqualified to utilize it.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tita

Sqwertz

Sep 13, 2021, 10:30:22 PM9/13/21
How do you know that HVAC guy doesn't have a crack cocaine problem
and whenever he gets checks he cashes them and smokes his brains out
in an alleyway. And his wife come with him this time just to make
she gets money to feed the kids(*) this week.

You're so presumptive when it comes to relationships and it's always
the woman's fault.

Gary? What do you think is the real story here?

(*) And buy make-up.

-sw

cshenk

Sep 13, 2021, 10:42:05 PM9/13/21
Once when I was a younger woman my pimp tried to push me around. I gave him in kick to the nuts he'll never forget. If he wants to try that tough guy crap with his nigger hoes, so be it. Just don't try it with me.

Michael Trew

Sep 14, 2021, 1:45:47 AM9/14/21
Nope, nope... I'm a fair person, and not controlling, but some level of
control freak surely kicks in here. Both of my prior serious
relationships, my girlfriend either didn't work or only did very
briefly, and I primarily provided. The guys that just hand their
paychecks over to their woman - no thanks, I'll have none of that.
Bills first, then we decide the rest.

Michael Trew

Sep 14, 2021, 1:49:44 AM9/14/21
Was it the compressor that went out? That was an impressively fast
repair job. Most HVAC companies that I've known don't have that fast of
a turnaround, especially for that kind of job.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 14, 2021, 5:22:11 AM9/14/21
Bad choices on your part. In my first marriage, I made more than
my husband. In my second, I made less, but still a respectable
salary.

> The guys that just hand their
> paychecks over to their woman - no thanks, I'll have none of that.
> Bills first, then we decide the rest.

Since I've always handled the finances, I suppose you could say he's
handed over his paychecks to me. In fact, we both had our pay
direct-deposited into our joint checking account.

Cindy Hamilton

Sqwertz

Sep 14, 2021, 7:43:02 AM9/14/21
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 01:49:38 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

> On 9/13/2021 9:30 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> The guy wanted cash. He said that his wife, who came along was adamant.
>> Sometimes it's the man who is a victim of spousal abuse. He seemed to be
>> genuinely afraid of her. I gave him all the cash that we could scrounge up, and
>> he left with a check for the balance, and gave me a paid in full receipt, but
>> damn. I'm consistently opposed to patriarchy, as it's most often men who
>> mistreat women, and unfortunately that's been just the way it was, but sometimes it's the man who is abused.
>
> Was it the compressor that went out? That was an impressively fast
> repair job. Most HVAC companies that I've known don't have that fast of
> a turnaround, especially for that kind of job.

Its just a capacitor. They blow out every 6-9 years and take 13
minutes to swap in a new one. Every A/C guy has them on hand, but
they'll tell you it was something else grandiose to jack up the
prices.

-sw

Gary

Sep 14, 2021, 8:43:05 AM9/14/21
Man: How come I'm not allowed to buy beer anymore but
you can still buy make-up?
Woman: I buy make-up so I can look pretty for you.
Man: That's what the beer was for.

Anyway, asking for cash could have many reasons and we waste our time
guessing.

1) He might not have trusted Bryan to give him a valid check
2) I've known people that don't have checking accounts and pay
some store $5 to cash it.
3) cash can be unclaimed and be tax free

Bryan Simmons

Sep 14, 2021, 11:39:46 AM9/14/21
The unit was old when we moved in here 11 years ago, and everything
other than the compressor had been replaced.

> -sw

--Bryan

Sheldon Martin

Sep 14, 2021, 1:14:02 PM9/14/21
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 08:42:53 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/13/2021 10:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:30:41 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>
>>> The guy wanted cash. He said that his wife, who came along was adamant.
>>> Sometimes it's the man who is a victim of spousal abuse. He seemed to be
>>> genuinely afraid of her. I gave him all the cash that we could scrounge up, and
>>> he left with a check for the balance, and gave me a paid in full receipt, but
>>> damn. I'm consistently opposed to patriarchy, as it's most often men who
>>> mistreat women, and unfortunately that's been just the way it was, but sometimes it's the man who is abused.
>>
>> How do you know that HVAC guy doesn't have a crack cocaine problem
>> and whenever he gets checks he cashes them and smokes his brains out
>> in an alleyway. And his wife come with him this time just to make
>> she gets money to feed the kids(*) this week.
>>
>> You're so presumptive when it comes to relationships and it's always
>> the woman's fault.
>>
>> Gary? What do you think is the real story here?
>>
>> (*) And buy make-up.

>Man: How come I'm not allowed to buy beer anymore but
> you can still buy make-up?
>Woman: I buy make-up so I can look pretty for you.
>Man: That's what the beer was for.

No drunk looks attractive or smells attractive, male or female. The
best way for a man to attract a woman is to bathe and shave, same for
a woman to attrsact a man... beards are never attractive same for
unsahved legs and armpits... why some men insist on facial hair is
unbelievale to me unless they are disgusting taliban/rabiis. And yes,
towelheads and rabiis are equally disgustingly ugly... facial hair
discounts all their religious preaching. Facial hair hides one's
expressions making it more difficult to tell they are lying. Keep
this in mind, every male with facial hair is a big time LIAR! Same as
any female with a padded bra.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 14, 2021, 1:24:13 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:14:02 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

> No drunk looks attractive or smells attractive, male or female. The
> best way for a man to attract a woman is to bathe and shave, same for
> a woman to attrsact a man... beards are never attractive same for
> unsahved legs and armpits... why some men insist on facial hair is
> unbelievale to me unless they are disgusting taliban/rabiis. And yes,
> towelheads and rabiis are equally disgustingly ugly... facial hair
> discounts all their religious preaching. Facial hair hides one's
> expressions making it more difficult to tell they are lying. Keep
> this in mind, every male with facial hair is a big time LIAR! Same as
> any female with a padded bra.

That certainly is... an opinion.

My husband has had a nice, short beard since I've known him. I don't
shave my legs or armpits. We still seem to find each other attractive.

Cindy Hamilton

Geoff Rove

Sep 14, 2021, 1:37:34 PM9/14/21
Owner had to return to charge the AC he sold me. Made his wife shelp out too at night. Madam should have maintained the work schedule for a daytime charge, simple office organizing.

Graham

Sep 14, 2021, 2:05:03 PM9/14/21
Who decided that hair, other than that on one's scalp, is unattractive?
Removing it seems to have become fashionable, even an obsession.

dsi1

Sep 14, 2021, 2:07:17 PM9/14/21
My dad used to hand over his checks to my mom. She controlled the money and purchases. She would give my father an allowance to spend at his discretion. That's how it went in the traditional Asian family. After she died, I found out she had a little book with a record of purchases, loans, and money in. Everything was entered in a small notebook. It was pretty awesome. These days, the money just floats around as if in a big bowl filled with many holes. I guess that's just the traditional Hawaiian way.

Sqwertz

Sep 14, 2021, 2:11:16 PM9/14/21

> Man: How come I'm not allowed to buy beer anymore but
> you can still buy make-up?
> Woman: I buy make-up so I can look pretty for you.
> Man: That's what the beer was for.

This is better told with the graphic.

https://external-preview.redd.it/QkcNAGiTj-bpyNT-TNvxZv3zwKVy-yEBf4K9geGih00.jpg?auto=webp&s=f829a168e26cb220693161c471880a6fb18967d3

-sw

John Kuthe

Sep 14, 2021, 2:12:31 PM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:07:17 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

A/Cs always break AGAIN! Slow leaks!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN....

Dave Smith

Sep 14, 2021, 2:31:54 PM9/14/21
Oh Balderdash. Your ears must have been ringing earlier when we talked
about how some people are quick to accuse others of lying because they
lie so much themselves.

FWIW, I have a beard about half the time, most often in the winter. My
beard grows fast enough that it only takes 2-3 weeks for a decent beard
to grow in. I keep it until I get bored with it and then shave it off
for a while. It comes and goes so often that most of my friends don't
even notice. It sure helps keep my face warm in the winter.

Hank Rogers

Sep 14, 2021, 2:32:23 PM9/14/21
Popeye, yoose just shave yoose face so folks won't mistake it for
yoose ass.

Bruce 3.2

Sep 14, 2021, 2:32:27 PM9/14/21
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 08:42:53 -0400, Gary <g.ma...@att.net> wrote:

If a tradesperson specifically asked me for cash, I'd assume 3).

Dave Smith

Sep 14, 2021, 2:42:29 PM9/14/21
My father handed his paycheque over to my mother and he had an allowance
that was enough to buy gas for the car, a couple pouches of pipe tobacco
and coffee at work. My mother was a pretty good shopper. She kept my
brothers and me well fed and well dressed and they were very generous
with us. He just didn't spend money on himself.

Bruce 3.2

Sep 14, 2021, 3:02:49 PM9/14/21
On 9/14/2021 1:24 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I don't shave my legs or armpits.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

YIKES! An Amazon Sasquatch, I'm sure your cooter is a hairy mess
as well. YAK!

Bryan Simmons

Sep 14, 2021, 3:04:03 PM9/14/21
I've known this guy for quite a few years. He's fixed my heater, my
clothes dryer, finally replaced the heater, including a new A/C coil,
with a slightly used unit, and this time he did the compressor. I've
seen him get bullied by her before, but it was more subtle, and this
time he actually seemed afraid. I paid him with what cash I had,
and the balance by check. He had me make out the check to his
wife, but gave me a receipt with the cash and check payments
indicated on the receipt. I actually told him, "I'd use some of this
for marriage counseling." He laughed, albeit a bit nervously.

--Bryan

bruce bowser

Sep 14, 2021, 3:13:12 PM9/14/21
Let me guess: all he did was clean the condenser and evaporator tubes, right? Ask him when you get a chance.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 14, 2021, 3:35:52 PM9/14/21
I bought a brand new Goodman 3 ton condenser unit. He picked it up at the
warehouse, installed it, and hauled the old one away. Go drink some shitty
malt liquor and eat some of the shitty food you typically eat.

--Bryan

dsi1

Sep 14, 2021, 3:50:55 PM9/14/21
This system can work very well if you have a good money manager. My mom would buy $500 savings bonds and stash them. My dad had a pretty good stack of them. Some of them were worth around twice that. My dad passed a few my way. Thanks mom and dad!

jmcquown

Sep 14, 2021, 6:53:36 PM9/14/21
On 9/13/2021 10:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:30:41 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>> The guy wanted cash. He said that his wife, who came along was adamant.
>> Sometimes it's the man who is a victim of spousal abuse. He seemed to be
>> genuinely afraid of her. I gave him all the cash that we could scrounge up, and
>> he left with a check for the balance, and gave me a paid in full receipt, but
>> damn. I'm consistently opposed to patriarchy, as it's most often men who
>> mistreat women, and unfortunately that's been just the way it was, but sometimes it's the man who is abused.
>
> How do you know that HVAC guy doesn't have a crack cocaine problem
> and whenever he gets checks he cashes them and smokes his brains out
> in an alleyway. And his wife come with him this time just to make
> she gets money to feed the kids(*) this week.

It's entirely possible she knew the guy would either snort the cash or
blow it on liquor rather than pay their bills. "Abuse" hardly fits into
that equation.

> You're so presumptive when it comes to relationships and it's always
> the woman's fault.

I'm thinking *someone's* wife has tolerated their money being poured
down his throat in liquor and beer for years and he can't handle a woman
taking charge to make sure it's spent on things that are important.
IMHO, of course.

Jill

Hank Rogers

Sep 14, 2021, 9:38:06 PM9/14/21
Maybe it was a mutual fight, what with the wine guzzling old crone
and the drunken husband. Maybe they were both meth addicts.

Maybe you are full of shit and pulling it out of your flabby ass.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:33:35 AM9/15/21
I've learned to replace these things myself. My mother's installed in
1960 central air unit, I had to do every capacitor in it. Once the fan
caught on fire in the condenser (outside). Not a quitter, I bought a
new contactor switch AND used fan motor from a newer unit. It took some
time to figure out the wiring to get it to blow the correct direction.
Finally, the compressor went one day. I even put in a hard-start
capacitor... that worked for all of 10 minutes, then out again.

I had an A/C guy convinced to suck out the freon, and I was going to
solder in a new compressor, and have him recharge the system. The dude
thought I was nuts, but he was impressed, and called his buddy to tell
him about the kid that really wants to save this 55 year old central A/C
unit... lol. He told me to check the freon first to see if it was
burnt. I never did, I ended up moving out shortly after. My sister
lives there now, and just put in window units.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:35:47 AM9/15/21
Hopefully it isn't an R22 unit. That freon would be expensive if he had
to add any charge. Most HVAC people now will suggest replacing the
whole unit if it has a leak, since R22 is so expensive. That entails
replacing all of the copper lines and everything, since the freon/oils
aren't compatible (new/old).

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:40:29 AM9/15/21
I've heard similar stories around here with older couples. Trouble
being, for instance, when my step great grandmother passed a few years
ago, my step great grandfather didn't know what to do... she had always
handled the finances. My father and step mother still handle his bills
several years later, he's 91 or 92 now.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:48:18 AM9/15/21
On 9/14/2021 5:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:45:47 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> Nope, nope... I'm a fair person, and not controlling, but some level of
>> control freak surely kicks in here. Both of my prior serious
>> relationships, my girlfriend either didn't work or only did very
>> briefly, and I primarily provided.
>
> Bad choices on your part. In my first marriage, I made more than
> my husband. In my second, I made less, but still a respectable
> salary.

Call me old-fashioned (I'm sure that you will), but I'd be uncomfortable
if my wife made more than me. I'd feel kind of useless.

I recall that you said that you didn't have children, I believe. My
daughters mother, I told her I'd rather her stay home and raise our
daughter. Aside from the issues with daycare, what's the point if
basically her whole salary covered the childcare bill?

>> The guys that just hand their
>> paychecks over to their woman - no thanks, I'll have none of that.
>> Bills first, then we decide the rest.
>
> Since I've always handled the finances, I suppose you could say he's
> handed over his paychecks to me. In fact, we both had our pay
> direct-deposited into our joint checking account.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

My last relationship, of course not married, but we tried a joint
account. It became more of a hassle, and too much to keep track of
multiple accounts.

I met her at work. Eventually, she was let go, and didn't work again.
She didn't/couldn't drive. She was able to take public transportation
in Pittsburgh, but not from/in Ohio.

When it was just me working, which I didn't mind, of course money was a
bit tighter in that scenario. There were times that she'd buy things
and hide receipts. Why be sneaky? I can't stand a liar. I think that
cultivated trust issues for me, which is part of my financial stance.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:53:43 AM9/15/21
On 9/14/2021 2:04 PM, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-09-14 11:24 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:14:02 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>>> No drunk looks attractive or smells attractive, male or female. The
>>> best way for a man to attract a woman is to bathe and shave, same for
>>> a woman to attrsact a man... beards are never attractive same for
>>> unsahved legs and armpits... why some men insist on facial hair is
>>> unbelievale to me unless they are disgusting taliban/rabiis. And yes,
>>> towelheads and rabiis are equally disgustingly ugly... facial hair
>>> discounts all their religious preaching. Facial hair hides one's
>>> expressions making it more difficult to tell they are lying. Keep
>>> this in mind, every male with facial hair is a big time LIAR! Same as
>>> any female with a padded bra.
>>
>> That certainly is... an opinion.

Heh... that's one way to put it.

I've known females that prefer a man with a beard, tastes vary. I had
one for several years, and rather long hair. I got sick of the "Jesus"
jokes and finally got it cut short and shaved a year ago or so. I've
continued to keep it that way, because I think it just looks more clean.

>> My husband has had a nice, short beard since I've known him. I don't
>> shave my legs or armpits.
>
> Who decided that hair, other than that on one's scalp, is unattractive?
> Removing it seems to have become fashionable, even an obsession.

I'll certainly agree with you on that one. People are just downright
obsessed with looks now, especially in the US. I don't get it.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:54:23 AM9/15/21
Yep. I'm happy to oblige, if I get a discount. They regularly round
down the price if you tell them you'll pay in cash.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:57:29 AM9/15/21
That's sad, but I can't relate. To put it bluntly, just dump the b*tch.
I genuinely feel bad for women in that situation, who of course aside
from likely not being stronger than their abuser, are more likely to be
financially dependent or isolated, also probably because of their
abuser. Clearly, the man can get work and make his own money, so what
is her purpose? Put her out with with yesterdays trash, pronto.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:58:33 AM9/15/21
That was my first though also, but Bryan posted that he knows the man
well, and has hired him many times before.

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 15, 2021, 4:41:55 AM9/15/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 12:48:18 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/14/2021 5:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:45:47 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
> >> Nope, nope... I'm a fair person, and not controlling, but some level of
> >> control freak surely kicks in here. Both of my prior serious
> >> relationships, my girlfriend either didn't work or only did very
> >> briefly, and I primarily provided.
> >
> > Bad choices on your part. In my first marriage, I made more than
> > my husband. In my second, I made less, but still a respectable
> > salary.
> Call me old-fashioned (I'm sure that you will), but I'd be uncomfortable
> if my wife made more than me. I'd feel kind of useless.

Yet women are supposed to be perfectly comfortable with the
reverse situation. Think about it for just a moment.

My husband is now disabled, drawing SSDI. I make more money
than he does. Although he'd love to be working, he's glad I have
a good salary.

> I recall that you said that you didn't have children, I believe. My
> daughters mother, I told her I'd rather her stay home and raise our
> daughter. Aside from the issues with daycare, what's the point if
> basically her whole salary covered the childcare bill?

Obviously, I don't know. I _do_ know that I was raised by a single
mother who didn't get a penny from my father and worked as
far back as I can remember.

Childcare was easier then. She left me with a neighbor, and
we watched game shows and soaps all day. I was thrilled
to start kindergarten.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce 3.2

Sep 15, 2021, 5:00:08 AM9/15/21
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 01:41:52 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 12:48:18 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> >
>> > Bad choices on your part. In my first marriage, I made more than
>> > my husband. In my second, I made less, but still a respectable
>> > salary.
>
>> Call me old-fashioned (I'm sure that you will), but I'd be uncomfortable
>> if my wife made more than me. I'd feel kind of useless.
>
>Yet women are supposed to be perfectly comfortable with the
>reverse situation. Think about it for just a moment.

Oh, the nostalgia of 50s male chauvinism!

Bryan Simmons

Sep 15, 2021, 6:33:55 AM9/15/21
Plenty of folks here are also nostalgic for Jim Crow. Without them, the
Republican Party could never win electoral majorities. Good new from
California.
https://www.npr.org/2021/09/14/1035848090/california-recall-governor-newsom-results-elder
Funny, but you can bet that the majority of rabid racists preferred the
*magic negro*.

--Bryan

Bruce 3.2

Sep 15, 2021, 6:38:27 AM9/15/21
.
I read a bit about that today, for the first time. If Newsom's an
elitist bad apple, at least replace him with another Democrat, not
with some fundamentalist retard Republican.

Janet

Sep 15, 2021, 7:29:15 AM9/15/21
In article <shrtuc$7bc$1...@dont-email.me>, michae...@att.net says...

> On 9/14/2021 5:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:45:47 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
> >> Nope, nope... I'm a fair person, and not controlling, but some level of
> >> control freak surely kicks in here. Both of my prior serious
> >> relationships, my girlfriend either didn't work or only did very
> >> briefly, and I primarily provided.
> >
> > Bad choices on your part. In my first marriage, I made more than
> > my husband. In my second, I made less, but still a respectable
> > salary.
>
> Call me old-fashioned (I'm sure that you will), but I'd be uncomfortable
> if my wife made more than me. I'd feel kind of useless.
>
> I recall that you said that you didn't have children, I believe. My
> daughters mother, I told her I'd rather her stay home and raise our
> daughter.

In that case you would surely need to fully support both of them
financially.

You recently said you give her "some" financial support but not much.

Janet UK

Gary

Sep 15, 2021, 8:42:43 AM9/15/21
On 9/14/2021 2:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>> Man: How come I'm not allowed to buy beer anymore but
>> you can still buy make-up?
>> Woman: I buy make-up so I can look pretty for you.
>> Man: That's what the beer was for.
>
> This is better told with the graphic.
>
> https://external-preview.redd.it/QkcNAGiTj-bpyNT-TNvxZv3zwKVy-yEBf4K9geGih00.jpg?auto=webp&s=f829a168e26cb220693161c471880a6fb18967d3

Yes. I have that saved on my old computer and have posted it here before.

Gary

Sep 15, 2021, 8:43:18 AM9/15/21
dsi1 wrote:
> My mom would buy $500 savings bonds and stash them.
> My dad had a pretty good stack of them.
> Some of them were worth around twice that.

Cindy can google saving bonds but I remember them from the 1950s-1960s.
I wonder if they still sell them?

Anyway what I remember is that you bought them at a much lower cost then
held on to them (about 10 years?) until they matured. At that time they
could be traded in for face value, never more than face value.

To be worth more than face value, maybe now some very old ones might
have collector's value. (?)

Gary

Sep 15, 2021, 8:52:22 AM9/15/21
If not claimed and tax free, a contractor will save about 25-30%.
If you pay them in cash, always demand 10-15% discount.

Gary

Sep 15, 2021, 8:55:53 AM9/15/21
On 9/14/2021 1:24 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 1:14:02 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> No drunk looks attractive or smells attractive, male or female. The
>> best way for a man to attract a woman is to bathe and shave, same for
>> a woman to attrsact a man... beards are never attractive same for
>> unsahved legs and armpits... why some men insist on facial hair is
>> unbelievale to me unless they are disgusting taliban/rabiis. And yes,
>> towelheads and rabiis are equally disgustingly ugly... facial hair
>> discounts all their religious preaching. Facial hair hides one's
>> expressions making it more difficult to tell they are lying. Keep
>> this in mind, every male with facial hair is a big time LIAR! Same as
>> any female with a padded bra.
>
> That certainly is... an opinion.
>
> My husband has had a nice, short beard since I've known him. I don't
> shave my legs or armpits. We still seem to find each other attractive.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Hopefully this was a fake Cindy that just said that.

Gary

Sep 15, 2021, 8:56:57 AM9/15/21
Call me a typical american man if you want but I would never date a
woman that didn't shave her legs or armpits. oh man!

If she stopped shaving after we got married, that would be grounds for
divorce.

When I was married, my wife quit shaving her legs in the winter.
She said, "Why bother? No one sees my legs in the winter."
Me: I do. >;-[]

At least she never wore red lipstick. hahaha

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 15, 2021, 9:18:13 AM9/15/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > My mom would buy $500 savings bonds and stash them.
> > My dad had a pretty good stack of them.
> > Some of them were worth around twice that.
> Cindy can google saving bonds but I remember them from the 1950s-1960s.
> I wonder if they still sell them?

Why should I google them? I remember them, too.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 15, 2021, 9:19:05 AM9/15/21
No, that was real Cindy. I'll admit to a little oversharing, but by current
RFC standards, it actually wasn't that bad.

Cindy Hamilton

Dave Smith

Sep 15, 2021, 9:32:26 AM9/15/21
People can have strange ideas. Years ago I was talking with my sister
in law, her neighbour and the neighbour's daughter and they were talking
about a woman doctor in the city whose husband was a stay at home dad.
They thought that he was the laziest bastard in the world and that no
self respecting man would stay at home while his wife worked. Hell, I
was just past the generation where women went to university to snag a
successful husband. The main reason for women to go to university was to
marry well. A doctor would be considered to be a good catch.

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 15, 2021, 9:33:33 AM9/15/21
On 9/15/2021 12:48 AM, Michael Trew wrote:

> Call me old-fashioned (I'm sure that you will), but I'd be uncomfortable
> if my wife made more than me.  I'd feel kind of useless.

That is silly. It limits your perspective partners as you could never
marry a doctor, good lawyer, or other smart person capable of a good
career.

My wife had her own business for a while and I just helped her at times.
On an hourly basis she made more than me but it was just part time.

I like spending time with my best friend of many years. She is worth
many millions but it does not intimidate me. We treat each other as
equals. I do benefit though, she has treated me well over the years.

Income does not define a person's character.

Mike Duffy

Sep 15, 2021, 9:50:46 AM9/15/21
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 06:19:02 -0700, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'll admit to a little oversharing, but by current
> RFC standards, it actually wasn't that bad.

You almost made me barf in my booger-bowl.

Bryan Simmons

Sep 15, 2021, 9:53:02 AM9/15/21
_________________
Winter looked away, then said, "And armpits, but I think you just haven't gotten around to that."

Ian laughed.

"Bad experiences with antiperspirant?"

"Do you read minds?"

"No. You told me how sexy you found it that I didn't shave. Listen, later, if you want, I'll wash
really well, and you can enjoy that part of me."

Ian smiled, "And now I'm a beneficiary of fortune, and I'm paying a woman to let me touch her."

In a perky voice, Winter suggested, "We could do commercials for the lottery."

"You're crazy."
_________________

I could post another excerpt, but it would offend the folks who think the NG
should be rated PG.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan

Bryan Simmons

Sep 15, 2021, 10:23:15 AM9/15/21
You keep a bowl of boogers around and what Cindy wrote grosses you out?
I wasn't going to post this, but that changed my mind.

_________________
Winter made short work of Ian. She kidded him again about how quick he was,
but he insisted, "It's not me, it's you. That doesn't happen with anyone else."
It took a little longer because Ian wanted to do her too, but Winter never minded
that. She walked back down the hallway thinking, "Now Ann."

"You're back so soon."

Winter explained the time line, adding, "I swear, Ian must be the only guy in
St. Louis who doesn't know how to think about baseball."

Ann didn't want any foreplay. "I was imagining what was going on with you,
and I managed to keep my hands off, but it wasn't easy." Ann pulled Winter's
face into her, but Winter was in Ian mode.

She thought to herself, "I'm going to go slowly, take her to the edge more than
once, but it was more the response of Ann's body that set the tone, her body
alternating between arching upward, and slightly pulling away." When Ann
finally cut loose, taking her head with both hands, Winter knew, "That was
worth waiting for."

She peered up at Ann and smiled, then nuzzled her nose in Ann's pubic hair,
"How lucky was I to find the only other girl left who doesn't shave? It's soft,
and it smells so good. And it's one more thing to love."

"I think that's a game that two can play. Swing around here."
_________________

--Bryan

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 15, 2021, 10:52:24 AM9/15/21
On 9/15/2021 12:53 AM, Michael Trew wrote:

> I've known females that prefer a man with a beard, tastes vary.

Wait, beards come in flavors?

Cindy Hamilton

Sep 15, 2021, 11:16:40 AM9/15/21
Sure. For example:
Egg flavor after breakfast.
Ham sandwich flavor after lunch.
Spaghetti flavor after dinner.

Cindy Hamilton

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:13:36 PM9/15/21
I did when she lived with me. You seem to miss the point that this was
5 years ago, and that we are no longer together. She lives with another
man now, and they have another daughter together.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:20:13 PM9/15/21
On 9/15/2021 4:41 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 12:48:18 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>>>
>>> Bad choices on your part. In my first marriage, I made more than
>>> my husband. In my second, I made less, but still a respectable
>>> salary.
>> Call me old-fashioned (I'm sure that you will), but I'd be uncomfortable
>> if my wife made more than me. I'd feel kind of useless.
>
> Yet women are supposed to be perfectly comfortable with the
> reverse situation. Think about it for just a moment.

Well, I could see how that might make some uncomfortable. It has to be
a mutual agreement on what you want out of life. My most recent ex
girlfriend wanted nothing more than to raise children and stay home with
them, but unfortunately, she was unable to conceive.

>> I recall that you said that you didn't have children, I believe. My
>> daughters mother, I told her I'd rather her stay home and raise our
>> daughter. Aside from the issues with daycare, what's the point if
>> basically her whole salary covered the childcare bill?
>
> Obviously, I don't know. I _do_ know that I was raised by a single
> mother who didn't get a penny from my father and worked as
> far back as I can remember.
>
> Childcare was easier then. She left me with a neighbor, and
> we watched game shows and soaps all day. I was thrilled
> to start kindergarten.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That's good if you have a trusting friend/relative/neighbor to watch a
child. My grandmother watches my daughter for several hours on Sundays
when I work. I would not leave a 7 year old with an 83 year old lady
(not in the greatest health) full time 5 days per week. My ex's parents
smoke cigarettes in the house... heck no, not happening. I like my
neighbors, but I can't say that I'd trust any of them to watch my child.
As you are well aware I'm sure, the world has changed since you were
little.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:22:51 PM9/15/21
They do not outright sell paper savings bonds anymore. The only way to
get federal savings bonds is to file an additional forum when doing your
taxes, and put part of your refund into savings bonds. They mature in
30 years. If you cash them in early, you'll get far less interested
earned. I get a few hundred dollars worth of them every year when I
file my taxes, and I put some in my daughter's name as well, kept in my
fireproof asbestos-lined safe with house deed, car titles, birth
certificate, etc.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:25:37 PM9/15/21
I as well, have some wealthier friends than I. Of course income doesn't
define character. However, that doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't
feel needed if I couldn't primarily provide. I suppose that's more of a
personal hangup on my part.

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:26:56 PM9/15/21
Haha, *personal tastes vary

bruce bowser

Sep 15, 2021, 12:29:01 PM9/15/21
And ... ? No ... ? ... prescription drug residue?

Michael Trew

Sep 15, 2021, 12:31:20 PM9/15/21
I don't like the look of makeup, I'll agree with you there. Natural is
better. That being said, it doesn't phase me if she shaves or not.
It's awfully superficial if that's a make/break for you. I've had
partners that do or don't. Would you want to go through that routine on
a regular basis? Certainly not me.. shaving my face is enough.

dsi1

Sep 15, 2021, 1:17:59 PM9/15/21
I think my mom paid $250 for the bonds. At the end of 20 years, it's worth $500 - or more if it's older.

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 15, 2021, 1:44:33 PM9/15/21
More important is character and intelligence. I like to hang out with
people that have mutual interest, mutual values, and can converse about
them.

As for income, it is more important to have a job you like, a career you
like, even if you can make more money doing something you dislike.
Sure, you need a minimum to survive. that's all.

If your wife, cousin, friends make more than you, good for them but it
does not make them a better person.

Choose your possible future spouse on values, character, love, not income.

Sheldon Martin

Sep 15, 2021, 1:55:51 PM9/15/21
<angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 12:48:18 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> >
>> > Bad choices on your part. In my first marriage, I made more than
>> > my husband. In my second, I made less, but still a respectable
>> > salary.
>> Call me old-fashioned (I'm sure that you will), but I'd be uncomfortable
>> if my wife made more than me. I'd feel kind of useless.
>
>Yet women are supposed to be perfectly comfortable with the
>reverse situation. Think about it for just a moment.
>
>My husband is now disabled, drawing SSDI. I make more money
>than he does. Although he'd love to be working, he's glad I have
>a good salary.
>
>> I recall that you said that you didn't have children, I believe. My
>> daughters mother, I told her I'd rather her stay home and raise our
>> daughter. Aside from the issues with daycare, what's the point if
>> basically her whole salary covered the childcare bill?
>
>Obviously, I don't know. I _do_ know that I was raised by a single
>mother who didn't get a penny from my father and worked as
>far back as I can remember.
>
>Childcare was easier then. She left me with a neighbor, and
>we watched game shows and soaps all day. I was thrilled
>to start kindergarten.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

My wife and I are both well over seventy, have both always worked
until we retired, we have our own money and handle our own finances
except we file taxes jointly as that way there's a savings. My wife
works part time as a substitute teacher, she spends that money as she
pleases. We've never argued about money. I don't know everything she
buys nor does she know everything I buy. We don't feel it's necessary
to share every cent we spend. We both do our own banking and have our
own credit cards and our own checking accounts. We discuss major
purchases but not minor purchases. We both purchase all major items
for all cash, we don't make car payments and bought our house for all
cash, no mortgage.
Right now we need a new dehumidifier for the basement, the one we have
has been operating some 10 years and is on it's last legs. We discuss
it not because its expensive, $250 is not, but we want to find the
best one for our needs so we've been doing the research together.
Right now due to the virus things like dehumidifiers are not readily
available as most things like that are made in China and are in very
short supply. We keep a separate joint savings/checking account for
our household bills, like the dehumidifier. We don't separate grocery
purchases or utility bills. We each pay for our own gasolene and
vehical repairs. I buy my own vodka and I also buy her box wine and
rum (two of each a year), I've been buying her booze since we met and
so I simply continue the practise, not like she drinks much, her tea
bill is larger. We both pay our own medical expenses and we share all
the cat bills, which are substantial. She pays her own hair salon tab
and I pay for my own haircuts, four GI cuts a year at $20 per inc.
tip. We each buy our own cosmetics, for me it's just razor blades,
after shave and Old Spice deodrant... I don't need much as I'm
naturally gorgeous and I bathe every day... I have a full thick mop,
no bald spots, no dying. I've been keeping a very thin mustache since
my navy days, my wife fully enjoys my pussy tickler... often I think
she enjoys my talented tongue more than my dick. I think most women
prefer a well schooled tongue, especially the young ones who don't
want to get prego... I was once young ya know. I don't know if at my
age I can still get a gal pregnant nor do I want to find out.

Bruce 3.2

Sep 15, 2021, 3:26:48 PM9/15/21
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:31:15 -0400, Michael Trew
<michae...@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/15/2021 8:56 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> I'll certainly agree with you on that one. People are just downright
>>> obsessed with looks now, especially in the US. I don't get it.
>>
>> Call me a typical american man if you want but I would never date a
>> woman that didn't shave her legs or armpits. oh man!
>>
>> If she stopped shaving after we got married, that would be grounds for
>> divorce.
>>
>> When I was married, my wife quit shaving her legs in the winter.
>> She said, "Why bother? No one sees my legs in the winter."
>> Me: I do. >;-[]
>>
>> At least she never wore red lipstick. hahaha
>
>I don't like the look of makeup, I'll agree with you there.

Hey, that makes 2 RFC nuns: Gary and Michael.

Janet

Sep 15, 2021, 4:22:40 PM9/15/21
In article <95019eec-4fa1-470f...@googlegroups.com>,
angelica...@yahoo.com says...
Don't forget the beer-soaked beard.

Janet UK

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 15, 2021, 5:07:20 PM9/15/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 8:32:26 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> People can have strange ideas. Years ago I was talking with my sister
> in law, her neighbour and the neighbour's daughter and they were talking
> about a woman doctor in the city whose husband was a stay at home dad.
> They thought that he was the laziest bastard in the world and that no
> self respecting man would stay at home while his wife worked. Hell, I
> was just past the generation where women went to university to snag a
> successful husband. The main reason for women to go to university was to
> marry well. A doctor would be considered to be a good catch.

Some men have that nurturing instinct and some women don't. If they were
happy with the arrangement, I don't see the problem. I've worked with three
men that I personally knew who were the nurturing parent in their marriage.
Their wives worked full-time just as they did but it was dad who took them to
the doctor, went to parent/teacher meetings, nursed them when they were
sick, made sure they had the school supplies they needed, etc.

Ed Pawlowski

Sep 15, 2021, 5:33:07 PM9/15/21
All that is true, just as important in a healthy upbringing is exposure
to aunts, uncles, grandparents, close friends, that are good role models.

I had an uncle that was a good influence on me. Monday night I had
dinner with my kids and my daughter mentioned him too, they both looked
up to him.

jmcquown

Sep 15, 2021, 6:17:14 PM9/15/21
On 9/15/2021 12:58 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/14/2021 6:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> How do you know that HVAC guy doesn't have a crack cocaine problem
>>> and whenever he gets checks he cashes them and smokes his brains out
>>> in an alleyway. And his wife come with him this time just to make
>>> she gets money to feed the kids(*) this week.
>>>
>> It's entirely possible she knew the guy would either snort the cash or
>> blow it on liquor rather than pay their bills. "Abuse" hardly fits into
>> that equation.
>>
>>> You're so presumptive when it comes to relationships and it's always
>>> the woman's fault.
>>>
>> I'm thinking *someone's* wife has tolerated their money being poured
>> down his throat in liquor and beer for years and he can't handle a woman
>> taking charge to make sure it's spent on things that are important.
>> IMHO, of course.
>>
>> Jill
>
> That was my first though also, but Bryan posted that he knows the man
> well, and has hired him many times before.

He's also known Kuthe for many years and look what a public freak show
that has turned into.

Jill

Dave Smith

Sep 15, 2021, 6:22:48 PM9/15/21
I was struck by the double standard. It is perfectly acceptable for a
woman to stay home and be a "stay at home mom" while her husband goes to
work, but any guy who opts to be a stay at home is considered to be a
lazy bastard.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Sep 15, 2021, 6:31:30 PM9/15/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 5:22:48 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-09-15 5:07 p.m., itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 8:32:26 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> People can have strange ideas. Years ago I was talking with my sister
> >> in law, her neighbour and the neighbour's daughter and they were talking
> >> about a woman doctor in the city whose husband was a stay at home dad.
> >> They thought that he was the laziest bastard in the world and that no
> >> self respecting man would stay at home while his wife worked. Hell, I
> >> was just past the generation where women went to university to snag a
> >> successful husband. The main reason for women to go to university was to
> >> marry well. A doctor would be considered to be a good catch.
> >>
> > Some men have that nurturing instinct and some women don't. If they were
> > happy with the arrangement, I don't see the problem. I've worked with three
> > men that I personally knew who was the nurturing parent in their marriage.
> > Their wives worked full-time just as they did but it was dad who took them to
> > the doctor, went to parent/teacher meetings, nursed them when they were
> > sick, made sure they had the school supplies they needed, etc.
> >
> I was struck by the double standard. It is perfectly acceptable for a
> woman to stay home and be a "stay at home mom" while her husband goes to
> work, but any guy who opts to be a stay at home is considered to be a
> lazy bastard.

There are double standards on both sides of the aisle.

Bruce 3.2

Sep 15, 2021, 6:40:12 PM9/15/21
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:31:27 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
If double standards didn't exist, RFC would invent them.

Hank Rogers

Sep 15, 2021, 6:59:44 PM9/15/21
I thought you kill filed kuth and bryan.

I guess you are still engaged, so you shouldn't whine, your majesty.

Hank Rogers

Sep 15, 2021, 7:03:24 PM9/15/21
Some choose the same route you took. Proclaim transgender status,
and have sex reassignment surgery.

In a week, they are out playing pickle ball.

Michael Trew

Sep 16, 2021, 12:13:48 AM9/16/21
On 9/15/2021 1:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/15/2021 12:25 PM, Michael Trew wrote:

>>> That is silly. It limits your perspective partners as you could never
>>> marry a doctor, good lawyer, or other smart person capable of a good
>>> career.
>>>
>>> My wife had her own business for a while and I just helped her at times.
>>> On an hourly basis she made more than me but it was just part time.
>>>
>>> I like spending time with my best friend of many years. She is worth
>>> many millions but it does not intimidate me. We treat each other as
>>> equals. I do benefit though, she has treated me well over the years.
>>>
>>> Income does not define a person's character.
>>
>> I as well, have some wealthier friends than I. Of course income
>> doesn't define character. However, that doesn't change the fact that
>> I wouldn't feel needed if I couldn't primarily provide. I suppose
>> that's more of a personal hangup on my part.
>
> More important is character and intelligence. I like to hang out with
> people that have mutual interest, mutual values, and can converse about
> them.

Of course, that's first priority.

Gary

Sep 16, 2021, 7:51:30 AM9/16/21
lol You beat me to that answer. :)

Gary

Sep 16, 2021, 7:57:09 AM9/16/21
On 9/14/2021 2:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>> Man: How come I'm not allowed to buy beer anymore but
>> you can still buy make-up?
>> Woman: I buy make-up so I can look pretty for you.
>> Man: That's what the beer was for.
>
> This is better told with the graphic.
>
> https://external-preview.redd.it/QkcNAGiTj-bpyNT-TNvxZv3zwKVy-yEBf4K9geGih00.jpg?auto=webp&s=f829a168e26cb220693161c471880a6fb18967d3
>
> -sw

Yes. I have the original cartoon on my old computer and have posted it
here before.

Ophelia

Sep 16, 2021, 10:20:44 AM9/16/21
LOL

Janet

Sep 16, 2021, 11:54:52 AM9/16/21
In article <Smu0J.41686$tG6....@fx39.iad>, adavid...@sympatico.ca
says...
Probably only by men who have never done it.

Janet UK

John Kuthe

Sep 16, 2021, 4:29:03 PM9/16/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:30:44 PM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:
> The guy wanted cash. He said that his wife, who came along was adamant.
> Sometimes it's the man who is a victim of spousal abuse. He seemed to be
> genuinely afraid of her. I gave him all the cash that we could scrounge up, and
> he left with a check for the balance, and gave me a paid in full receipt, but
> damn. I'm consistently opposed to patriarchy, as it's most often men who
> mistreat women, and unfortunately that's been just the way it was, but sometimes it's the man who is abused.
>
> --Bryan

Your ICE cars A/C should die, and you should get an ELECTRIC CAR like I have!

For the short trips, not long ones.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Alex

Sep 16, 2021, 7:47:00 PM9/16/21
You should STFU.

John Kuthe

Sep 16, 2021, 9:24:06 PM9/16/21
You should engage more brain cells when thinking, Alex! How many College Degrees do YOU have? I have THREE! Bachelor's degrees in EE, CS and Nursing.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Hank Rogers

Sep 16, 2021, 9:51:03 PM9/16/21
And you can't get a job with any of them!

Leonard Blaisdell

Sep 16, 2021, 11:39:43 PM9/16/21
On 2021-09-15, Cindy Hamilton <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> No, that was real Cindy. I'll admit to a little oversharing, but by current
> RFC standards, it actually wasn't that bad.

I've been told that Tik Tok, YouTube and Instagram posts make us appear
reticent.

leo

Gary

Sep 17, 2021, 7:57:46 AM9/17/21
Your degrees have not served you well.
My one AA degree did better.

Bruce 3.2

Sep 17, 2021, 3:10:24 PM9/17/21
Alcoholics Anonymous?

Michael Trew

Sep 17, 2021, 3:57:18 PM9/17/21
A few folks here need that..

jmcquown

Sep 17, 2021, 4:45:50 PM9/17/21
Associates Degree. A 2-year college degree.

> A few folks here need that..

Et tu, Brute'? LOL

Jill

Bruce 3.2

Sep 17, 2021, 4:52:25 PM9/17/21
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:45:43 -0400, jmcquown <j_mc...@comcast.net>
wrote:
Thanks.

>> A few folks here need that..
>
>Et tu, Brute'? LOL

lol

John Kuthe

Sep 17, 2021, 9:00:14 PM9/17/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:30:44 PM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:
> The guy wanted cash. He said that his wife, who came along was adamant.
> Sometimes it's the man who is a victim of spousal abuse. He seemed to be
> genuinely afraid of her. I gave him all the cash that we could scrounge up, and
> he left with a check for the balance, and gave me a paid in full receipt, but
> damn. I'm consistently opposed to patriarchy, as it's most often men who
> mistreat women, and unfortunately that's been just the way it was, but sometimes it's the man who is abused.
>
> --Bryan

In another month, you won't need an A/C here in STL, it will be cooler!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

Alex

Sep 17, 2021, 9:57:35 PM9/17/21
You are earning *nothing* from any of them you psychotic lazy ass. I
have one and will retire comfortably before I turn 60.

Carry on,
Alex

Alex

Sep 17, 2021, 10:00:26 PM9/17/21
Really, genius?

Gary

Sep 19, 2021, 10:52:17 AM9/19/21
On 9/17/2021 3:10 PM, Bruce 3.2 wrote:
LOL. Even that degree would be pretty darn useful for some people.
Better than 3 unused ancient Bachelor's degrees.