Joan Dangerfield may give Rodney no respect, but...

Mimi & JB Hiller

Oct 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/24/95
she sure made me a happy camper today.

A few days ago, she discovered that I'd included a link to her page from mine
and wrote to thank me for it. This is what my link says:

Joan Dangerfield (yes, the woman who gives her husband no respect) has a site
with recipes using roses and rose products. Also check out the list of
celebrities that have her products and the Rodney Dangerfield page,
including his joke of the day. And while you're there, enter the RD "I don't
get no respect" contest. You could get a call from the big man himself.

The address of the page is:

http://www.jungleroses.com/jungleroses/recipe.html

In her note, she offered to send me a gift if I sent her my address. Well, it
came today, and it's GORGEOUS! It came in a huge box...half the box was a
flat of fresh rose petals...not the dried stuff...this was the real thing, and
they were in perfect condition.

The description of this package is as follows:

" A sensuous experience fit for Gods and Goddesses. Jungle
Roses is the FIRST to present the Petal Bath! A gorgeous four-foot box emblazoned with a Bengal Tiger, Pure
Petals includes just under one thousand fresh Jungle Rose petals and several full rose heads, as well as a vial
of rare Bulgarian Rose Oil. The deluxe version also includes a keepsake Angel, Rose Water, a collection of
recipes including Rose Petal Sandwiches and Scrambled Rose Omelets, all the ingredients for a Honey Oatmeal
Rose Facial, and a Floating Rose Candle.

Deluxe Pure Petals is $120.

Please add $19.00 for nationwide next-day delivery."

The other side of the box contained her products made of roses:

honey
rose water
oatmeal
a rose-shaped candle (designed to float in the tub while you loll away in
luxury)
a packet of edible recipes using these products
a booklet of suggestions for using the products in a non-edible way

The package must weigh about 15 pounds and the presentation is, well, stunning.

So, if you're looking to impress someone...and I mean, in a REALLY BIG WAY,
check out Joan's page. And while you're there, drop her a line and tell her I
told you about it.

And even if you can only afford to gawk, there are recipes to be gleaned:

OATMEAL ROSE HONEY FACIAL
ROSE PETAL SANDWICHES
LINGUINI & JUNGLE ROSE PETAL PESTO
HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN WITH JUNGLE ROSES
SCRAMBLED ROSE OMELET
QUAIL IN ROSE PETAL SAUCE
JUNGLE ROSE & SPEARMINT TEA
ROSE WATER TONER
ROSE WATER

Gee, and I made linguini with pesto for dinner last night...too bad I didn't
wait one more day, huh?

Mimi Hiller (hil...@smartlink.net)
http://www.smartlink.net/~hiller/food/
Hundreds of food-related links and my personal collection of recipes