But wait, there's more . . . . . . . .

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jul 29, 2021, 1:00:01 AM7/29/21

But there is no more. Ron Popeil died Wednesday, July 28 in a Los Angeles hospital at age 86 of an unspecified medical emergency.

He made around $200 million with his ideas and inventions.

Pocket Fisherman
Mr. Microphone
Hair in a Can
Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ
etc.,etc,.etc.

P. Roglic

Jul 29, 2021, 1:02:21 AM7/29/21
Never heard of him, but may he RIP.

Leonard Blaisdell

Jul 31, 2021, 7:35:15 PM7/31/21
On 2021-07-29, itsjoan...@webtv.net <itsjoan...@webtv.net>

> But there is no more. Ron Popeil died Wednesday, July 28 in a Los Angeles hospital at age 86 of an unspecified medical emergency.

I still have a original Veg-O-Matic in the original, yellowing with age,
box. I still have the instructions and spare parts order form. I wonder
if I could still buy spare parts?

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Aug 1, 2021, 12:14:18 PM8/1/21
On Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 6:35:15 PM UTC-5, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> I still have a original Veg-O-Matic in the original, yellowing with age,
> box. I still have the instructions and spare parts order form. I wonder
> if I could still buy spare parts?

Do you use that thing?

Leonard Blaisdell

Aug 3, 2021, 5:39:33 PM8/3/21
Not for years. Now it's a curiosity. I have two sets of cutting blades.
It will still cut a spud into dandy slices for French frying. It will be
the first thing to go when I croak. The young lack nostalgia.

Michael Trew

Aug 3, 2021, 11:02:07 PM8/3/21
On 8/3/2021 5:39 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> The young lack nostalgia.

I digress!!

Leonard Blaisdell

Aug 4, 2021, 2:21:55 AM8/4/21
Do you mean disagree? I hate spelling helpers. If you do disagree, good
for you!

dsi1

Aug 4, 2021, 2:28:40 AM8/4/21
You're probably a good speller. I've always been a bad speller. When my son was 7, he was a better speller than I was. Back in those days, I'd just ask him for some spelling help. These days, I rely on spell checkers, grammar checkers, and word suggesters. It's a great time to be a bad speller!

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 2:30:52 AM8/4/21
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 23:28:37 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
wrote:
What about an attitude checker?

dsi1

Aug 4, 2021, 2:43:36 AM8/4/21
That's a splendid idea! I'd have mine set to "Aggressive" whenever I write a post to you - dickface!

Bruce 3.1

Aug 4, 2021, 2:49:48 AM8/4/21
On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 23:43:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 8:30:52 PM UTC-10, Bruce 3.1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 23:28:37 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi...@hawaiiantel.net>
>> wrote:

>> >You're probably a good speller. I've always been a bad speller. When my son was 7, he was a better speller than I was. Back in those days, I'd just ask him for some spelling help. These days, I rely on spell checkers, grammar checkers, and word suggesters. It's a great time to be a bad speller!
>> What about an attitude checker?
>
>That's a splendid idea! I'd have mine set to "Aggressive" whenever I write a post to you - dickface!

Mine only has one setting: Civilised. So I'm afraid I can't
reciprocate your style.

dsi1

Aug 4, 2021, 3:28:44 AM8/4/21
That's your problem, yoose got yours set on the most boring style of all. Yoose should just quit posting altogether. For a guy that supposedly uses his computer for real heavy-duty, he-man work, you post mostly lightweight fluffy material. Your He-man computer must hate what you're forcing it to do.

Michael Trew

Aug 4, 2021, 11:05:40 AM8/4/21
Digress is a word; I meant it as intended.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/digress

The point of my post being that most consider my age young, and
nostalgia is not something that I lack. :)

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 4, 2021, 11:16:54 AM8/4/21
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 11:05:40 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 8/4/2021 2:21 AM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> >>
> >> I digress!!
> >

> > Do you mean disagree? I hate spelling helpers. If you do disagree, good
> > for you!
> Digress is a word; I meant it as intended.

To digress is introduce a new topic. If you'd started talking about
orange juice, that would be a digression.

> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/digress
>
> The point of my post being that most consider my age young, and
> nostalgia is not something that I lack. :)

Still not a digression.

More of an "I beg to differ".

Cindy Hamilton

bruce bowser

Aug 4, 2021, 1:14:35 PM8/4/21
Yes but then again, computers don't have feelings.

Michael Trew

Aug 5, 2021, 12:29:23 AM8/5/21
Ah, gotcha.