I guess I just can't post here

John Kuthe

Mar 4, 2011, 11:36:35 AM3/4/11
Tried replying to a post twice now, but I see nada.

Oh well, we get what we pay for!

John Kuthe...

Jim Elbrecht

Mar 4, 2011, 11:47:29 AM3/4/11
On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 08:36:35 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
<johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Tried replying to a post twice now, but I see nada.
>
>Oh well, we get what we pay for!

I see all 3. Maybe GG was broken for a bit.

Jim

sf

Mar 4, 2011, 12:17:44 PM3/4/11
On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 08:36:35 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
<johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

I see your posts, John. Maybe you accidentally kill filed yourself.

Christopher Helms

Mar 4, 2011, 12:20:29 PM3/4/11
On Mar 4, 10:47 am, Jim Elbrecht <elbre...@email.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 08:36:35 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>
> <johnkuth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Tried replying to a post twice now, but I see nada.
>
> >Oh well, we get what we pay for!
>
> I see all 3.   Maybe GG was broken for a bit.
>
> Jim

Google Groups is always acting weird. It's probably bogged down with
snoopware.

Dan Abel

Mar 4, 2011, 12:29:20 PM3/4/11
In article
<37c9dc80-21d9-4d89...@o21g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
John Kuthe <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tried replying to a post twice now, but I see nada.
>
> Oh well, we get what we pay for!

Things have gotten way faster in the last ten or fifteen years, but
newsgroups are still not an instantaneous communications medium. I
always used to say to allow 24 hours.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

ImStillMags

Mar 4, 2011, 1:06:24 PM3/4/11

It happens from time to time on Google Groups. We call them Google
farts.

BigBadBubbas

Mar 4, 2011, 11:50:57 PM3/4/11
sf wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 08:36:35 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tried replying to a post twice now, but I see nada.
>>
>> Oh well, we get what we pay for!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>
> I see your posts, John. Maybe you accidentally kill filed yourself.

LOL! A while back, most people had him kill filed. He's just following
suit!

Krypsis

Mar 5, 2011, 2:37:56 AM3/5/11

It's also the reason why some of us prefer a "real" newsreader client. I
found Google Groups to be an absolute pain to use.

Krypsis

Alfie

Mar 5, 2011, 8:33:04 AM3/5/11
On Mar 5, 2:37 am, Krypsis <kryp...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> It's also the reason why some of us prefer a "real" newsreader client. I
> found Google Groups to be an absolute pain to use.
>
> Krypsis

My ISP stopped using a news server. No more news groups through them.
I use Google to replace "Agent", but with no news group server with my
ISP, what other choices are available without switching ISPs...again?

Are there free news group servers that I can pick up using Agent?

Nad R

Mar 5, 2011, 8:50:22 AM3/5/11

Yes.
http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html

Nad R

Mar 5, 2011, 8:52:48 AM3/5/11

Wrong link, try this one instead

http://www.eternal-september.org/

tpb saf

Mar 5, 2011, 9:30:56 AM3/5/11

Thanks Nad R.

I've set it up and this is my first post using it.

Now I'll see if I have it set correctly.

The Google Reader was clumsy.

Thanks again,

Alfie

Nad R

Mar 5, 2011, 10:55:55 AM3/5/11

I guess it worked :)

Message has been deleted

Nad R

Mar 6, 2011, 5:43:23 PM3/6/11
Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
> Be careful who you invite to Usenet and RFC. This guy is a mental
> case. You'll see.
>
> Hopefully he'll go back to where he came from. I give it 2 weeks
> before he tells us all to got to hell.

I see, well then let us hope a standard news reader will correct that.
Google group could be the cause of his mental case. Time will tell :)

Alfie

Mar 9, 2011, 2:44:02 PM3/9/11
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 22:43:23 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
<na...@positivegogetter.cooldude> wrote:

>Sqwertz <swe...@cluemail.compost> wrote:
>> Be careful who you invite to Usenet and RFC. This guy is a mental
>> case. You'll see.
>>
>> Hopefully he'll go back to where he came from. I give it 2 weeks
>> before he tells us all to got to hell.
>
>I see, well then let us hope a standard news reader will correct that.
>Google group could be the cause of his mental case. Time will tell :)

Hey Nad R, if you go back and read the exchanges between squirts and
I, you'll see that it's squirts who is the whacked out loony.

If you go even further back, you'll see that squirts is nothing more
than a blowhard who if disagreed with, turns into a rabid dog.

I've just made the very first entry into my killfile. It's squirts!

I've been on Usenet since its inception. Squirts is the newbie.

I'll not be going anywhere. This is a great group once you weed out
the nutballs like squirts.

I wouldn't have seen his comments this time if your quote of him
hadn't shown the idiot.

When you get time, just scan squirts past posts. You'll see that he's
a nutcase.

sf

Mar 9, 2011, 4:11:56 PM3/9/11
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:44:02 -0500, Alfie <Al...@NotReal.com> wrote:

> I've just made the very first entry into my killfile. It's squirts!

Those aren't the only two variations he uses, so you're going to have
a large KF by the time you're finished killing every one of him.

Nunya Bidnits

Mar 9, 2011, 9:47:09 PM3/9/11
Re: 5f1a9c89-4da7-4558...@d12g2000prj.googlegroups.com

Christopher Helms <Chrish...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Given the availablility of free news servers and free newsreader software
that just about anyone can set up, I'm continually mystified that people
torture themselves with Google Groups.

MartyB

Alfie

Mar 9, 2011, 11:44:49 PM3/9/11
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 13:11:56 -0800, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:44:02 -0500, Alfie <Al...@NotReal.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just made the very first entry into my killfile. It's squirts!
>
>Those aren't the only two variations he uses, so you're going to have
>a large KF by the time you're finished killing every one of him.

Ahhhh, I see. I stayed out of usenet for the last several years. I'll
have to remember the tricks. What are his known alias? You can save me
some time.

Thanks!

Sparing with him was fun for awhile, but I'm not here to play games
with trolls.

I love to cook. I love to eat. Both work well together and the recipes
here are fun. The banter is even more fun.

sf

Mar 10, 2011, 2:48:35 AM3/10/11
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 23:44:49 -0500, Alfie <Al...@NotReal.com> wrote:

> Ahhhh, I see. I stayed out of usenet for the last several years. I'll
> have to remember the tricks. What are his known alias? You can save me
> some time.

Email sf dot usenet at gmail dot com and I'll send you a list which I
don't guarantee to be complete.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Giusi

Mar 10, 2011, 5:46:46 AM3/10/11

"Nunya Bidnits" <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> ha scritto nel
messaggio

> Given the availablility of free news servers and free newsreader software
> that just about anyone can set up, I'm continually mystified that people
> torture themselves with Google Groups.
>
> MartyB

Then you just don't know enough about the many lives of the many kinds of
people who may look in here. It shouldn't require the ownership of a
computer to use "usenet" because there are so many unpleasant types who like
to spew their unattractive guts over strangers. I think the ones who think
usenet means it's OK to abuse others for sport should form their own group
which indicates that's what it is for.

Brooklyn1

Mar 10, 2011, 9:19:24 AM3/10/11
Alfie <Al...@NotReal.com> wrote:

>sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
>>Alfie <Al...@NotReal.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've just made the very first entry into my killfile. It's squirts!
>>
>>Those aren't the only two variations he uses, so you're going to have
>>a large KF by the time you're finished killing every one of him.
>
>Ahhhh, I see. I stayed out of usenet for the last several years.

That's one of the very first defences newbies use. Next defence is "I
usta use a different handle", while they searh back in the archives
for someone who stopped posting many years ago, 'cause they died, so
they can claim that's the handle they usta use. Alfie is either a
newbie or a sock... I say newbie, it's too dumb to be a sock.

sf

Mar 10, 2011, 10:18:45 AM3/10/11
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:46:46 +0100, "Giusi" <deco...@gmail.com>
wrote:

WB Giusi! Does this mean you're back home now?

Giusi

Mar 10, 2011, 10:33:57 AM3/10/11

"sf" <s...@geemail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> WB Giusi! Does this mean you're back home now?

I am and given a few more weeks I might actually accomplish something, too.
My fairweather friends start coming back soon, my golden retriever boyfriend
will be here, and I am already getting enquiries about lessons.

sf

Mar 10, 2011, 11:05:04 AM3/10/11
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:33:57 +0100, "Giusi" <deco...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Great! Glad to hear your business is picking up so quickly. As you
know, the recession hit people fairly hard over here and discretionary
funds are still pretty much staying in the bank.

Alfie

Mar 10, 2011, 11:13:44 AM3/10/11
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:19:24 -0500, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>That's one of the very first defences newbies use. Next defence is "I
>usta use a different handle", while they searh back in the archives
>for someone who stopped posting many years ago, 'cause they died, so
>they can claim that's the handle they usta use. Alfie is either a
>newbie or a sock... I say newbie, it's too dumb to be a sock.

And after reading many of your posts, I see you say nothing that will
be missed.

Welcome to my killfile.

Alfie

Mar 10, 2011, 11:14:52 AM3/10/11
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 23:48:35 -0800, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 23:44:49 -0500, Alfie <Al...@NotReal.com> wrote:
>
>> Ahhhh, I see. I stayed out of usenet for the last several years. I'll
>> have to remember the tricks. What are his known alias? You can save me
>> some time.
>
>Email sf dot usenet at gmail dot com and I'll send you a list which I
>don't guarantee to be complete.

Email sent.

Thanks again sf!

Lou Decruss

Mar 10, 2011, 1:27:24 PM3/10/11

Steve would probably tell you what they are but the list will be
obsolete the next time he goes off. I like Steve and would never
killfile any of his names. There's like 10 other useless jerks here
that are far more annoying than he could ever be. Stick to talking
about food and not killfiles or you'll find yourself plonked by more
than just me.

Lou

Alfie

Mar 10, 2011, 2:35:57 PM3/10/11

Well Lou, since you just said two things that make my killfile, you've
just been added to it.

1. You like that jerk squirts.
2. Threatening me with your killfile.

Bye now. Don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha.

Lou Decruss

Mar 10, 2011, 2:47:06 PM3/10/11

That was the easiest setup I ever did. Too funny.

Lou

blake murphy

Mar 10, 2011, 4:11:20 PM3/10/11

what makes you think anyone gives a shit about who's in your killfile?

blake

blake murphy

Mar 10, 2011, 4:13:17 PM3/10/11

good luck, g.

your pal,
blake

Alfie

Mar 10, 2011, 5:03:56 PM3/10/11
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:11:20 -0500, blake murphy
<blakepm...@verizon.net> wrote:
>what makes you think anyone gives a shit about who's in your killfile?
>
>blake

What makes you think anyone gives a rats ass about your opinion of
what I post?

Alfie

Lou Decruss

Mar 11, 2011, 1:12:36 PM3/11/11
<blakepm...@verizon.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:35:57 -0500, Alfie wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:27:24 -0600, Lou Decruss

>>>Steve would probably tell you what they are but the list will be

>>>obsolete the next time he goes off. I like Steve and would never
>>>killfile any of his names. There's like 10 other useless jerks here
>>>that are far more annoying than he could ever be. Stick to talking
>>>about food and not killfiles or you'll find yourself plonked by more
>>>than just me.
>>>
>>>Lou
>>
>> Well Lou, since you just said two things that make my killfile, you've
>> just been added to it.
>>
>> 1. You like that jerk squirts.
>> 2. Threatening me with your killfile.
>>
>> Bye now. Don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha.
>
>what makes you think anyone gives a shit about who's in your killfile?

I've been missing but did lurk and if he's posted anything useful
about cooking I missed it. Seems to be just another weirdo.

Lou

spamtrap1888

Mar 11, 2011, 1:33:35 PM3/11/11
On Mar 10, 7:33 am, "Giusi" <decob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My fairweather friends start coming back soon, my golden retriever boyfriend
> will be here, and I am already getting enquiries about lessons.

Let's hear more about the love that dare not speak its name, or animal
husbandry, or whatever you call your interspeciel relationship.

Do you teach cooking by the way?

spamtrap1888

Mar 11, 2011, 1:39:50 PM3/11/11
On Mar 9, 11:44 am, Alfie <Al...@NotReal.com> wrote:

> I've been on Usenet since its inception. Squirts is the newbie.
>
> I'll not be going anywhere. This is a great group once you weed out
> the nutballs like squirts.
>
> I wouldn't have seen his comments this time if your quote of him
> hadn't shown the idiot.
>
> When you get time, just scan squirts past posts. You'll see that he's
> a nutcase.

Per dejagoogle, Sqwertz goes back to Jun 1994, when he worked at
Computer Literacy of blessed memory. Is Alfie Nick Holloway?

ImStillMags

Mar 11, 2011, 1:43:06 PM3/11/11
BTW, for any of you who use Google Groups...........they are phasing out the old groups format and there are bugs in it now. That's why posts are not going through.

Use the new Google Groups format, it's pretty cool and your posts will show up. You can also post pictures.

Lou Decruss

Mar 11, 2011, 1:47:04 PM3/11/11

It hasn't done much for your word wrap.

Lou

notbob

Mar 11, 2011, 2:04:18 PM3/11/11
On 2011-03-11, ImStillMags <sitar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, for any of you who use Google Groups...........they are phasing
> out the old groups format and there are bugs in it now. That's why
> posts are not going through.

Apparently, another of the things it's doing is disabling word wrap.
Your recent posts have excessively long lines.

> Use the new Google Groups format, it's pretty cool and your posts
> will show up. You can also post pictures.

Only to *.binary groups. Usenet is not made for graphics, though they
are possible. Posting pictures in non-binary groups is a no-no as many ppl
use text-only clients and pictures just render as hundreds/thousands
of lines of random text. Please, do not post pictures to this group.

nb

Giusi

Mar 11, 2011, 2:51:47 PM3/11/11

"spamtrap1888" <spamtr...@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

On Mar 10, 7:33 am, "Giusi" wrote:

> My fairweather friends start coming back soon, my golden retriever
> boyfriend> will be here, and I am already getting enquiries about lessons.

Let's hear more about the love that dare not speak its name, or

animalhusbandry, or whatever you call your interspeciel relationship.

Do you teach cooking by the way?

I do, and my fiance is said pooch who lives in Houston all winter.

sf

Mar 11, 2011, 3:12:23 PM3/11/11
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:43:06 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
<sitar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Use the new Google Groups format, it's pretty cool and your posts will show up. You can also post pictures.

As attachments, not tinypics?

cshenk

Mar 11, 2011, 4:31:17 PM3/11/11
"notbob" wrote
> ImStillMags wrote:

>> BTW, for any of you who use Google Groups...........they are phasing
>> out the old groups format and there are bugs in it now. That's why
>> posts are not going through.
>
> Apparently, another of the things it's doing is disabling word wrap.
> Your recent posts have excessively long lines.

Yup. I don't want to hear *anyone* complain about my simple Win-mail! It
may not be 'spiffy' but it meets my needs, quotes correctly, line wraps and
so on.

>> Use the new Google Groups format, it's pretty cool and your posts

>> will show up. And leaves the rest of us manually adding and correcting
>> the messages. Hey, I do that for you guys but I now and much more prone
>> to ignoring the non-trimming set.

>> You can also post pictures.

> Only to *.binary groups. Usenet is not made for graphics, though they
> are possible. Posting pictures in non-binary groups is a no-no as many
> ppl
> use text-only clients and pictures just render as hundreds/thousands
> of lines of random text. Please, do not post pictures to this group.

I think she knows that one though.

cshenk

Mar 11, 2011, 4:32:40 PM3/11/11
"sf" wrote
> ImStillMags wrote:

>> Use the new Google Groups format, it's pretty cool and your posts will
>> show up. You can also post pictures.
>
> As attachments, not tinypics?

Embedded i assume since that's the way they are done. No 'attachments' in
usenet.

cshenk

Mar 11, 2011, 6:44:08 PM3/11/11
"Lou Decruss" wrote
> blake murphy wrote

>>> Well Lou, since you just said two things that make my killfile, you've

>>> just been added to it.

>>what makes you think anyone gives a shit about who's in your killfile?

> I've been missing but did lurk and if he's posted anything useful
> about cooking I missed it. Seems to be just another weirdo.

Oh, Alfie's stomping his little booties on the floor here and there
'threatening to killfile' people. He acts as if that should hurt our
feelings. Basically too new I guess to realize we don't care. No, havent
noted any comments of substance from Alfie yet. Might be some, but the gems
if so, are well hidden.

Alfie

Mar 11, 2011, 10:15:01 PM3/11/11
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:39:50 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
<spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is Alfie Nick Holloway?

I don't know who Nick Holloway is, so I'm sure I'm not him. hahahaaha

I don't remember what my usenet name was when I was on last. I just
came back into usenet after several years away from it.

Now, I'm Alfie.

sf

Mar 11, 2011, 10:25:41 PM3/11/11

Okay. Agent makes it easy and calls them attachments so we know what
they're talking about.

sf

Mar 11, 2011, 10:27:30 PM3/11/11
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:31:17 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

> Yup. I don't want to hear *anyone* complain about my simple Win-mail!

Spread the WORD! I had a hard time not putting it all in caps, but I
thought readers would think I hit the caps key by mistake.

sf

Mar 11, 2011, 10:29:31 PM3/11/11
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:44:08 -0500, "cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote:

> He acts as if that should hurt our
> feelings. Basically too new I guess to realize we don't care.

He'll learn. When you change your nick and come back after xx years,
ya need to expect that people won't recognize you.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Brooklyn1

Mar 12, 2011, 9:21:42 AM3/12/11
Alfie wrote:

>I don't remember what my usenet name was when I was on last.

That's not believable, or even possible unless you had a brain
transplant... you do appear to have the brain of jackass.
Now I dare you to put me into your killfile, naturally you won't.

John Kuthe

Mar 12, 2011, 9:38:41 AM3/12/11

Unless to 'binary' newsgroups.

John Kuthe...

cshenk

Mar 12, 2011, 1:31:23 PM3/12/11
"Sqwertz" wrote
> cshenk wrote:

>> Oh, Alfie's stomping his little booties on the floor here and there
>> 'threatening to killfile' people. He acts as if that should hurt our

> It looks like he's trying to make friends with everybody who doesn't
> like me. And while that isn't always cut and dried, he's not having
> any success with the sure things, either <shurg>.

Hehehe kinda reminds me of 2nd grade.

> I feel bad. Really.

Snicker

> Bad enough to eat a Milk Chocolate and Hazelnut Ritter Sport Chocolate
> bar! All varieties are on sale for $1 for the next week. Woo Hoo!
> Germany is good to me.

EEK! Hie thee away!