Reheating chicken thighs MW vs AF

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 26, 2023, 7:23:43 PM1/26/23
For years we'd have bone in chicken thighs for dinner a couple of times
a month. Tasty, reasonable price. makes a good meal. Often there would
be enough for a second meal. Since it is just me, always a couple of
meals.

A day or two later, I'd reheat a thigh using technology from the last
century, the microwave. It is fast, no more than two minutes and warmed
through. Good, not as good as the first night from the oven or grill.

As reported, I made some really good thighs on Tuesday and one would be
dinner tonight. The Air Fryer boasts a reheat cycle so I tried it
tonight. Works great. Sure, it took longer but time is not an issue,
quality is.

Results:
Microwave. 2 minutes at 50% about 75% as good since the skin is soggy

Air Fryer. 12 minutes at 280 deg. about 98% as good, skin still crispy.

Have to think of what to do when I cook again with it next Tuesday.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 2023, 7:40:49 PM1/26/23
I think it's safe to say you're on the air fryer bandwagon.

I've not tried it myself, but I've seen some mouthwatering pictures of
salmon filets done in the air fryer.

Ed Pawlowski

Jan 26, 2023, 10:10:02 PM1/26/23
I do have some fish in the freezer, may try it.

I was skeptical about how useful it would be but it definitely does some
things well. Much more experimenting in the future.

dsi1

Jan 27, 2023, 12:11:18 AM1/27/23
I used to cook fish in the air fryer all the time. It's probably the easiest, fastest, way to cook fish. I didn't bother to defrost the fish but you might want to. I covered it with mayo or wasabi/mayo and sprinkled furikake on it. Fish was cooked at high temperature for around 8 minutes. You should start off a 5 minutes and then check it first.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SWKCcpiFU5uCgWZS9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zM4ANBChSzrNtWjD9

Bruce

Jan 27, 2023, 12:18:38 AM1/27/23

f...@sdf.org

Jan 27, 2023, 6:41:07 AM1/27/23
baked or grilled, we both enjoy leftover chicken cold with a couple hot
sides. something chicken is incorporated in like cacciatore goes back in
the dutch oven and on the stove until piping hot again.

--
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org

That which does not kill you makes you stranger.
-- Trevor Goodchild - AEon Flux

bruce bowser

Jan 27, 2023, 1:18:17 PM1/27/23
> Re: Reheating chicken thighs MW vs AF

There are so many recipes that are initially used. Who knows? KFC fried, stewed, Popeye's, grilled, etc ..