crushed kalamari filling

PietB

May 2, 2022, 9:50:07 PM5/2/22
What is the food called that is a filling of crushed kalamari olives in oil
& spices?

-p

Peter Flynn

May 24, 2022, 5:44:44 AM5/24/22
On 03/05/2022 02:50, PietB wrote:
> What is the food called that is a filling of crushed kalamata olives
> in oil & spices?
Crushed olives as a kind of paste is called a tapenade. You can get
green olive tapenade or black olive tapenade.

I'm not sure if there is a separate name for a tapenade made only from
Kalamata olives, but they're Greek, so perhaps they have a separate name
for it.

Delicious no matter what olives it's made from :-)

🫒🫒🫒
Peter

Jerry Friedman

Aug 14, 2022, 10:32:21 AM8/14/22
On 5/24/22 3:44 AM, Peter Flynn wrote:
> Delicious no matter what olives it's made from :-)

I like the green olives with the red garnish.
--
Jerry Friedman

MummyChunk

Jan 16, 2024, 7:50:05 AMJan 16
I think you are referring to a delicious Mediterranean dish called
tapenade. Tapenade is a savory paste made from chopped or pureed
olives, capers, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. It can
be used as a spread on bread, crackers, or crostini, or as a filling
for pastries, sandwiches, or wraps. Tapenade is very easy to make at
home, and you can customize it with your favorite herbs and spices.
Some of my favorites are rosemary, thyme, basil, and red pepper
flakes. You can also use different types of olives, such as Kalamata,
black, or green, depending on your preference. Tapenade is a wonderful
way to add some flavor and flair to your baking. Bon appétit!

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=626985379#626985379