36 year old mare

Deb Ferguson

Nov 2, 2020, 7:38:58 PM11/2/20
Tonite my old mare was wandering aimlessly though the pasture. She usually comes when I call but she just walked from one corner to the next. Not following the others as usual. When I approached her she shied and flinched when I tried to get close. Her eyes didn’t look right. Almost like she was instantly blind. She also was a little off balance. When I finally got her back to the lot she was eating we’ll but still flinched and darted every time I got close. Can a horse go instant.y blind within a day? She was fine this morning.

John Hasler

Nov 2, 2020, 9:08:09 PM11/2/20
Deb Ferguson writes:
> Can a horse go instant.y blind within a day?

Yes, though in my experience usually only after years of chronic
uveitis. However we did have one go blind in one eye ovenight due to a
detached retina. Get a vet out their IMMEDIATELY.
--
John Hasler Boarding, Lessons, Training
jo...@dancinghorsehill.com Hay, Jumps, Cavallox