Oval lathe in production!

Dan Bollinger

Jan 21, 2007, 5:30:41 PM1/21/07
The Volmer oval turning mechanism is in production as a complete lathe. This
design is high speed and zero vibration, unlike early oval mechanisms. If you've
ever been interested in oval turning now is the time to get one:

http://www.drechselzentrum.de/ovaldrehn.html

Volmer's website:
http://www.volmer---ovaldrehen.de/

I'm back at my oval lathe project after nearly a year hiatus:
http://www.claycritters.com/lathe/

Dan

Ted

Jan 22, 2007, 9:34:09 AM1/22/07
Does anyone sell this machine in the United States? How much does it
cost? Are there any specs for the machine that are in English?

Dan Bollinger

Jan 22, 2007, 9:49:47 AM1/22/07
> Does anyone sell this machine in the United States? How much does it
> cost? Are there any specs for the machine that are in English?

I don't know. Good questions, though! Write to the company.

Dan

Stephen Nash

Jun 27, 2020, 9:00:05 PM6/27/20
Dan, do you have a set of plans for your lathe so that a machine shop could build one ? Thanks.

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/woodturning/oval-lathe-in-production-38418-.htm