Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

willi

não lida,
28 de abr. de 2007 12:09:3328/04/2007
para
Hi everyone...

This site gives excellent instructions and visuals for mastering
various techniques and tips. She has just started a while back , so
there aren't that many items so far, but well worth subscribing to the
blog. Currently she is explaining how to knit with two colours in
two hands. She spreads the detailed instructions over a few posts so
those of us that are just learning have time to 'percolate' between
posts.

I don't have any affiliation with the site, just recognize excellent
work and want to help give her the exposure she deserves and ensure
all of us struggling knitters have access to a wonderful source.
Plus...which I love...she doesn't have endless personal entries...all
technique...love it.

You won't be disappointed.

http://techknitting.blogspot.com/

Georgia

não lida,
28 de abr. de 2007 14:29:3828/04/2007
para
Great blog--thanks for sharing!

Georgia

"willi" <lywi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Girl@dodgeit.com DAB

não lida,
28 de abr. de 2007 18:30:1728/04/2007
para

Thanks, I will add a link on my Blog.

Donna

Alison

não lida,
29 de abr. de 2007 10:12:1429/04/2007
para
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:30:17 GMT, "DAB" <Buckeye Gi...@dodgeit.com>
wrote:

Thanks, this was really helpful. I added it to my "read often" list.

Alison

Girl@dodgeit.com DAB

não lida,
29 de abr. de 2007 11:47:0229/04/2007
para

Yep and the diagrams are superb...never have I seen this type.

theartof...@gmail.com

não lida,
29 de abr. de 2007 18:09:3429/04/2007
para

Thank you SO MUCH, for sharing this great blog.
It's fantastic. I'm always amazed at how many people take the time to
share their expertise with others.

Take care,
Ellen
http://naturallycurly.blogspot.com

Vintage Purls

não lida,
2 de mai. de 2007 02:44:3702/05/2007
para
On Apr 29, 4:09 am, willi <lywill...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://techknitting.blogspot.com/

>From the latest post to this blog: "how I knit 3 colors (carrying two
colors in the left hand, continental style, then adding a third color
with the right hand knitting English-style)".

3 colours in two hands, English and Continental all at the same time!
I feel so inadequate.

VP

ag...@sbcglobal.net

não lida,
2 de mai. de 2007 12:13:3802/05/2007
para
I do not like the fabric produced when I carry 3 yarns. If you liked that
kind of a fabric, then you would have figured out how to carry three yarns
and practiced until it was fast and easy for you.

Do not feel inadequate. As a matter of aesthetics, we have chosen not to
produce that fabric. Feel aesthetically superior. That is the way I feel
when I am knitting with one yarn. It may be only one yarn, but it is the
RIGHT YARN. It may be only one color, but it is the RIGHT COLOR. (With
apologies to Truman Capote.)
-------------------------------------
Carrying a color or (different textured yarn) in each hand is very easy
with a knitting sheath or knitting pouch. (This is why the Shetland
knitters doing Fair Isle stick to their knitting pouches.) If you do like
Fair Isle/ stranding/ weaving technique, then learning to use a knitting
sheath or knitting pouch is very worth while.

I had lunch yesterday with Wendy Eidson, of REAL MEN KNIT fame, and we
started planning a DVD on how to knit with knitting sheaths.

Aaron

"Vintage Purls" <Vintag...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Spike Driver

não lida,
2 de mai. de 2007 13:27:2602/05/2007
para
Great Aaron,
Let me know how it goes.
Please.
Dennis

willi

não lida,
2 de mai. de 2007 22:04:3702/05/2007
para

That would be great, Aaron...I've always wanted to know more about
this...

Just for the record though, the recommendation was not specifically
related to the 1, 2 or 3 colour issue...rather the quality of
illustrations and instructions for those of us that struggle with the
need for visual instructions on various topics...

willi

On May 2, 9:13 am, <a...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I do not like the fabric produced when I carry 3 yarns. If you liked that
> kind of a fabric, then you would have figured out how to carry three yarns
> and practiced until it was fast and easy for you.
>
> Do not feel inadequate. As a matter of aesthetics, we have chosen not to
> produce that fabric. Feel aesthetically superior. That is the way I feel
> when I am knitting with one yarn. It may be only one yarn, but it is the
> RIGHT YARN. It may be only one color, but it is the RIGHT COLOR. (With
> apologies to Truman Capote.)
> -------------------------------------
> Carrying a color or (different textured yarn) in each hand is very easy
> with a knitting sheath or knitting pouch. (This is why the Shetland
> knitters doing Fair Isle stick to their knitting pouches.) If you do like
> Fair Isle/ stranding/ weaving technique, then learning to use a knitting
> sheath or knitting pouch is very worth while.
>
> I had lunch yesterday with Wendy Eidson, of REAL MEN KNIT fame, and we
> started planning a DVD on how to knit with knitting sheaths.
>
> Aaron
>

> "Vintage Purls" <VintagePu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Vintage Purls

não lida,
2 de mai. de 2007 22:34:3602/05/2007
para
On May 3, 4:13 am, <a...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Do not feel inadequate. As a matter of aesthetics, we have chosen not to
> produce that fabric. Feel aesthetically superior.

Lol Aaron - nice reasoning!

I've had Mary Thomas's Knitting Pattern book for years (I've got my
grandmother's copy) but I've only just purchased myself a copy of
Thomas's general knitting book - it has some images and discussion of
sheaths and I thought of you. I assume you've seen them, it's one of
those books you'd struggle to avoid.

VP

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor