Scraps of Beauty

Debbie Arguin

Jan 23, 2003, 4:54:06 PM1/23/03
Hi, would anyone happen to have and wish to share the crochet pattern
for Scraps of Beauty. I had it and cannot find it :( Someone please

Thanks

NoraBalcer

Jan 24, 2003, 11:37:57 AM1/24/03
Debbie,

What is it an afghan, hat, scarf? I did a google search and didn't see a
pattern so can't help you.

Nora

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Jan 25, 2003, 11:26:58 AM1/25/03
And that is it ,, i thought you spoke of us
the Older ones ,,
just could not leave that , as yersterday i was told by a woman MY
age , who dyes her hair [ i do not ] that i remind her of her mother
,, my answer : i hope she was a good mother ?" threw her off a bit she
meant not dying my hair !!!!
Ladies fight back the Badly said Non compliments ,,,
A young woman said to me ,,;" hey your skirt is made of upholstry
material , how ug....." my quick answer " And isn`t Lovely ???"
so i really was not surprised when dyed hair lady my age said to me ,,
there are left over lines of beauty in you !!! i was honest and told
her that the wonderful thing , about never having been a beauty was
that i don`t feel sorry fot loosing it like she does !!!!
ohhh i become mEAN , i bite !!!!
mirjam

Robbyn

Jan 25, 2003, 11:31:17 AM1/25/03
>so i really was not surprised when dyed hair lady my age said to me ,,
>there are left over lines of beauty in you !!! i was honest and told
>her that the wonderful thing , about never having been a beauty was
>that i don`t feel sorry fot loosing it like she does !!!!
>ohhh i become mEAN , i bite !!!!
>mirjam

Mirjam -

In my opinion, some people deserve to be bitten :)

Robbyn

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be
the place where the falling angel meets the
rising ape...You need to believe in things that
aren't true. How else can they become?"

T. Pratchett

NoraBalcer

Jan 25, 2003, 11:50:27 AM1/25/03
Hey Twin,

I never dye my hair either and I'm becoming a silvery brown person. I've told
some friends who color their hair, if the Lord wanted me to have a different
color he would have given it to me, keeps them quiet. The fellow I worked with
was a salt and pepper gray at the age of 34, he said his mother was all gray at
age 35.

Nora

Lynne

Jan 25, 2003, 12:10:25 PM1/25/03
Gotta love you, Mirjam!!

Go get 'em!!

- Lynne

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote in message

Lynne

Jan 25, 2003, 12:16:52 PM1/25/03
I am salt-and-pepper myself, (I'm old enough, it's OK, LOL!) and I can't
imagine ever coloring my hair.

That's not a slap at those who do dye, ... it's just not something that is
important to me. As Popeye says, I yam what I yam.

- Lynne

"NoraBalcer" <norab...@aol.com> wrote in message

Katherine Burgess

Jan 25, 2003, 1:18:24 PM1/25/03

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote

> ohhh i become mEAN , i bite !!!!

LOL Good for you, Mirjam!
Katherine

Katherine Burgess

Jan 25, 2003, 1:22:30 PM1/25/03

"Lynne" wrote

> I am salt-and-pepper myself, (I'm old enough, it's OK, LOL!) and I can't
> imagine ever coloring my hair.

Keith started turning grey at 14. Now he is almost completely grey, and it
looks really good on him.
Me, since I am a redhead, I do not go grey. Instead, the colour just fades
oput of my hair, and I look like a ratty blonde. SO I colour it. When my
hair
is NOT coloured, I look ill. I would LOVE to have grey or white hair, but
this faded non-colour is just plain irritating. That being said, I don't
criricize people's decisions on dyeing or not. It si your own hair, after
all. Now, remember, I live about half an hour from Quebec, and teach
senior high, so I see (literally) ALL colours of hair, all styles, and all
kinds of "unique" haircuts. <g>
Katherine

NoraBalcer

Jan 25, 2003, 2:15:51 PM1/25/03
Katherine,

I live within walking distance of a high school and I see some of the styles as
the kids walk home from school. Wouldn't want to see them in the dark, would
scare the wits out of you. We had a friend who had pure natural white snow and
my Mom always wanted hair like that, but no such luck. Maybe I'll have it
instead, getting grayer and grayer according to DH.

Nora

Katherine Burgess

Jan 25, 2003, 2:29:51 PM1/25/03
Oh, yes, Nora, I love that snow white hair! My grandmother had it, and used
to use something called "blueing" to keep it from yellowing. It was
beautiful. However, I got my mother's colouring instead, and fade into the
background if I don't colour every so often.
Katherine

Lynne

Jan 25, 2003, 8:53:23 PM1/25/03
As I said, Katherine, I don't knock those who do color - it's just not
something that I do.

In fact, I'm sure you look much more gorgeous than I do or ever will!!

Each to her/his own, for sure. I'm with you all the way there.

- Lynne

"Katherine Burgess" <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

Katherine Burgess

Jan 25, 2003, 11:21:57 PM1/25/03

"Lynne" wrote

> In fact, I'm sure you look much more gorgeous than I do or ever will!!

Awww, shucks, Lynne, thanks. I am 5'11" and weigh 110 pounds. Despite that,
my bust is 38". My face is perfectly proportioned, and I have the complexion
of a small baby. Well, in my dreams, I do! LOL
Katherine (who looks just like everyone else!)

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Jan 25, 2003, 11:45:33 PM1/25/03
Hee i think you have soime smiles m that my neighbour does not have so
You look better
mirjam

Richard Eney

Jan 25, 2003, 11:36:52 PM1/25/03
In article <3e323fb3...@news.actcom.net.il>,

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote:
>And that is it ,, i thought you spoke of us
>the Older ones ,,
>just could not leave that , as yersterday i was told by a woman MY
>age , who dyes her hair [ i do not ] that i remind her of her mother
>,, my answer : i hope she was a good mother ?" threw her off a bit she
>meant not dying my hair !!!!
>Ladies fight back the Badly said Non compliments ,,,
>A young woman said to me ,,;" hey your skirt is made of upholstry
>material , how ug....." my quick answer " And isn`t Lovely ???"
>so i really was not surprised when dyed hair lady my age said to me ,,
>there are left over lines of beauty in you !!! i was honest and told
>her that the wonderful thing , about never having been a beauty was
>that i don`t feel sorry fot loosing it like she does !!!!
>ohhh i become mEAN , i bite !!!!

Some people are so rude, they deserve to be "bitten" back.
Good for you!

=Tamar

Katherine Burgess

Jan 26, 2003, 12:50:24 AM1/26/03

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote > Hee i think you have soime smiles m that my

neighbour does not have so
> You look better

LOL Mirjam, I think that you saw right through me.
Katherine

Lynne

Jan 26, 2003, 1:15:21 AM1/26/03
Aren't dreams wonderful?

And, oh, the romantic interludes w/gorgeous men I have in mine, ... <sigh>

- Lynne

"Katherine Burgess" <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote in message

Katherine Burgess

Jan 26, 2003, 2:01:32 AM1/26/03

"Lynne" wrote
> Aren't dreams wonderful?

Oh, yes!

> And, oh, the romantic interludes w/gorgeous men I have in mine, ... <sigh>

Me, too! No one would ever believe it! <g.
Katherine

Michele Sumner

Jan 26, 2003, 8:27:46 PM1/26/03
Nora,
You worked with my brother? ;-) My mother was all gray by 35, and my
younger brother showed gray before I did. I stopped covering the gray.
Actually, it's white! One of the guys at work asked if I was lightening
my hair - I said no, God is! It's coming in so nicely, I decided to keep
it the way it is. My DD keeps telling me that I'm "too young to look
old"! I don't think I look old, do you?
on another note, she wore the sweater and skirt I made her to work
today, and got compliments on them. I told her I'm planning her next
sweater. I just need to make the body longer - she said her belly isn't
covered! I forgot how long-waisted she is when I made it.

Peace,
Michele in Ky

MouseCLP

Jan 27, 2003, 1:08:50 AM1/27/03
>Actually, it's white! One of the guys at work asked if I was lightening
>my hair - I said no, God is! It's coming in so nicely, I decided to keep
>it the way it is.

LOL Sounds like me! My hair was always "dishwater blonde" when I was growing
up (ugh, I hate that term!). Now the top and sides have turned a nice
silvery-white. When someone asked me how I got my hair to be this color, I
told them I stopped pulling the white hairs when I reached the age of 30.
(Good thing I did, or I'd be bald by now.) One person asked me, "Who colors
your hair?" and I, too, answered "God does."

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Jan 27, 2003, 6:24:26 AM1/27/03
hee Carol I keep telling all that My hair color ,, are my Silver
medals life gave me ,, so why hide them !!!!
mirjam

SlinkyToy

Jan 27, 2003, 10:15:39 AM1/27/03
My mother was 100% silver (not dingy gray, silver) by the time she was 30.
I'm lasting a bit longer, but I pull those suckers when they appear --
they're coarse and kinky, when my "original" hair is coarse and straight as
a board. I don't expect to be bald before I'm 60...

"Michele Sumner" <mada...@sumnerdube.net> wrote in message

Elizabeth Bonello

Jan 27, 2003, 10:46:13 AM1/27/03

"SlinkyToy" <sli...@nospam.unixdork.org> wrote in message

> My mother was 100% silver (not dingy gray, silver) by the time she was 30.
> I'm lasting a bit longer, but I pull those suckers when they appear --
> they're coarse and kinky, when my "original" hair is coarse and straight
as
> a board. I don't expect to be bald before I'm 60...

I don't know why gray hair feels the need to stand up straight and wave so
that everyone knows it is there! My hair was long enough to sit on when I
had to have my first brain surgery (I've had six so far). I knew my head
was going to be partially shaved, so I cut my hair short. It was quite a
shock to my system to feel so bald, but I didn't feel too bad about it since
the gray was all the way out to the ends of my long, curly tresses! When I
cut my hair off, people thought I colored my hair since the gray was fairly
concealed in the curls (my hair is naturally unruly, oops! I mean curly).
I just told them that the gray was shaved off!

LittleBit

Ranee Mueller

Jan 27, 2003, 11:54:19 AM1/27/03
In article <3E348B12...@sumnerdube.net>, mada...@sumnerdube.net
wrote:

> My mother was all gray by 35, and my younger brother showed gray
> before I did. I stopped covering the gray. Actually, it's white! One
> of the guys at work asked if I was lightening my hair - I said no,
> God is! It's coming in so nicely, I decided to keep it the way it
> is. My DD keeps telling me that I'm "too young to look old"! I don't
> think I look old, do you?

I started going white when I was 14. I have lots of white hairs in
my head now, but I love them. A woman at our church had long grey hair,
and she looked really striking, so I am going to do the same, no hair
dying for me.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

Please Visit Arabian Knits at
http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/arabianknits.html

Saudi Chef at http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/saudichef.html

Lynne

Jan 27, 2003, 11:56:12 AM1/27/03
You're right, Little Bit, ... it DOES stand up and wave at everyone, doesn't
it? LOL!

- Lynne

"Elizabeth Bonello" <ebonell...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

NoraBalcer

Jan 27, 2003, 2:27:47 PM1/27/03
Michele,

Sorry, I didn't work with your brother. LittleBit I'm sorry to hear of all your
operations, are you ok now? Prayers going your way.

Nora

Andee

Jan 27, 2003, 5:07:51 PM1/27/03
My dear mother was blonde by design, although she had naturally very fair
hair. I still had to colour her roots when she was 84 as they appeared
quite dark even then. We used to do her hair every 5 or 6 weeks and have a
great afternoon of fun. My friends used to get at Mum because they were
greyer than she was!

Andee

Ophelia

Jan 28, 2003, 7:47:01 AM1/28/03

"Andee" <andeem...@nireland.com> wrote in message

What lovely memories:)

Norma Woods

Jan 28, 2003, 11:30:23 AM1/28/03
I thing I'll jump in on this topic.
1. I colour my hair, not because I'm trying to cover the grey, but because
every time I let my own colour grow out, I am *always* asked in I'm sick. I
don't look well with my own natural colour.
(I admit that I'm a hairstylist, too), but that really has no bearing on
this. I have often suggested that a person should leave their hair alone, if
it looks good on them. I don't believe that I should try to get them to do
something just so I make more money from them.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Ophelia" <Oph...@invalid.com> wrote in message

Kirsten Procter

Jan 28, 2003, 12:54:16 PM1/28/03
In article <IeyZ9.1491$hw4.5...@news20.bellglobal.com>,

Norma Woods <norma...@nospamsympatico.ca.> wrote:
>I thing I'll jump in on this topic.
>1. I colour my hair, not because I'm trying to cover the grey, but because
>every time I let my own colour grow out, I am *always* asked in I'm sick. I
>don't look well with my own natural colour.

oh dear :(

Personally, I dye my hair when I get bored with the natural colour. (Atm,
it's natural colour of light brown, but I'm planning a change to blue
sometime soon)

--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; my first ever moebius scarf, full-length dress with

Norma Woods

Jan 28, 2003, 1:51:49 PM1/28/03
"

> Personally, I dye my hair when I get bored with the natural colour. (Atm,
> it's natural colour of light brown, but I'm planning a change to blue
> sometime soon)
>
> -- Kirsten Procter
> ghoti

> Atta girl, Go for it! LOL

BRS...@webtv.net

Jan 28, 2003, 2:43:08 PM1/28/03
Scraps of Beauty.......LOL......this thread started out talking about an
afghan pattern, then went to talking about how you ladies
look......LOL....

So where did the afghan pattern go......you Scraps of Beauties????

Bart...( still LMAO )

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Jan 29, 2003, 1:01:46 AM1/29/03
Hee Scraps scraps But yoo could add Honorable !!!!
hahahaha
mirjam