Mirjam? others? Purchasing Yarn in Israel

1 view

Robin in Jerusalem

Oct 28, 2003, 4:01:24 AM10/28/03
I found a nice beginner project at Knitty and now I think I'm going to
have problems finding the yarn locally.

I have no problems with switching to a different yarn (and I want
purples not Orange) but I don't know who carries such bulky yarns?
Anyone know the Jerusalem yarn scene well?

The project is http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTponcho.html

Also I need big big circular needles....where are they in J-lem?

Thanks,

Robin

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 28, 2003, 8:21:46 AM10/28/03
Robin i will forward your post , to my friend in Jerusalem ... she
will be able to help you , mirjam

Shulamit Umansky

Oct 28, 2003, 8:00:24 AM10/28/03
"Robin in Jerusalem" <jlem...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hi
I've been lurking for a long time, but this seems to be a first time that I
can actually help!
There are two stores on King George street (in the city center) - the first
one is on the right side of King George street if you walk up from Jaffa
str., the other one is in the basement of the Migdal ha'Ir (City Tower I
think it is called in English) - the tall building on King George str, it
also has a supermarket in the same basement. They carry all kinds of
supplies.
I'm afraid that's about it - I think there are crafts shops in Talpiyot but
they don't have much in yarn line.

Shulamit in Jerusalem
Hope this helps

Ophelia

Oct 28, 2003, 8:23:31 AM10/28/03

"Shulamit Umansky" <luc...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi
> I've been lurking for a long time, but this seems to be a first time that
> can actually help!

You do realise that now you have delurked you won't be allowed to disappear
again:))

Welcome:)

Ophelia

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 28, 2003, 10:29:11 AM10/28/03
Robin , here is your info .... compliments of HAYA ,
Tzemer Sara
11 HaGaay Street
02- 5375802
open daily 10.00-13.00
16.00 -19.00
also shorter hours on Friday
and it is close to the Kikar HaShabat .
mirjam

Shulamit Umansky

Oct 28, 2003, 9:26:52 AM10/28/03

"Ophelia" <Ophelia...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

I know, but I just couldn't resist ;-)

Thanks!

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 28, 2003, 11:04:32 AM10/28/03
Welcome Shulamit ,,,, [
mirjam

Shulamit Umansky

Oct 28, 2003, 10:52:10 AM10/28/03
Thanks!!

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote in message

Aud

Oct 28, 2003, 11:22:57 AM10/28/03
Welcome to the group!
AUD ;-))

--

"Shulamit Umansky" <luc...@lycos.co.uk> skrev i melding

NoraBalcer

Oct 28, 2003, 11:18:37 AM10/28/03
Shulamit,

Welcome to our great group and so glad you could help Robin. Now come back and
tell us about your crafting projects.

Nora

Cher

Oct 28, 2003, 2:22:02 PM10/28/03
Well this is another surprise, welcome Shulamit, now surely you are going
to jump in on all conversations and talk to us all.

Welcome aboard...Cheers....Cher

"Shulamit Umansky" <luc...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message

---

Noreen's Knit*che

Oct 28, 2003, 4:48:46 PM10/28/03

"Robin in Jerusalem" <jlem...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Robin, I can't help you, but I know if Mirjam can't, she'll find someone
who can!
In any case, I wanted to welcome you to the group!
Shalom!
Hugs,
Noreen
in Tennessee, USA... who considers Mirjam a very very very dear friend....

---

Noreen's Knit*che

Oct 28, 2003, 4:50:19 PM10/28/03

"Shulamit Umansky" <luc...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I've been lurking for a long time, but this seems to be a first time that
> can actually help!
> There are two stores on King George street (in the city center) - the
first
> one is on the right side of King George street if you walk up from Jaffa
> str., the other one is in the basement of the Migdal ha'Ir (City Tower I
> think it is called in English) - the tall building on King George str, it
> also has a supermarket in the same basement. They carry all kinds of
> supplies.
> I'm afraid that's about it - I think there are crafts shops in Talpiyot
but
> they don't have much in yarn line.
>
> Shulamit in Jerusalem
> Hope this helps

Shulamit,
I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom to 'help'.... and I wanted to say:
WELCOME!
Shalom,
Hugs,
Noreen (in Tennessee, USA)

Elizabeth

Oct 28, 2003, 5:49:44 PM10/28/03
Welcome, Shulamit

Liz (in the uk)
"Noreen's Knit*che" <noreens_kn...@bluebottle.com> wrote in message

Robin in Jerusalem

Oct 29, 2003, 4:52:16 AM10/29/03
> Hi
> I've been lurking for a long time, but this seems to be a first time that I
> can actually help!
> There are two stores on King George street (in the city center) - the first
> one is on the right side of King George street if you walk up from Jaffa
> str., the other one is in the basement of the Migdal ha'Ir (City Tower I
> think it is called in English) - the tall building on King George str, it
> also has a supermarket in the same basement. They carry all kinds of
> supplies.
> I'm afraid that's about it - I think there are crafts shops in Talpiyot but
> they don't have much in yarn line.
>
> Shulamit in Jerusalem
> Hope this helps

Well Shulamit,

I've already tried the one in City Tower...nothing approaching that
weight! I saw the place accross the street, but I don't think they
have bulky either. If you are interested in joining another local
craft/knitting group, I've started an Israel crafters group called
avoda...@yahoo.com. Always looking for more people to chat!

Robin in J-lem

Shulamit Umansky

Oct 29, 2003, 5:47:09 AM10/29/03
"Robin in Jerusalem" <jlem...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the invitation

I'm sorry that you couldn't find it. Maybe the store Miriam wrote about have
something like this. I hate the fact that the shop owners here have in
general one sort of yarn, and their attitude is "take it or leave it".

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 29, 2003, 9:00:53 AM10/29/03
Robin there is an ISRAeli Knitting guild that meets regulary in
Jerusalem ,,, and alos other activities ,, please call either Haya or
me ,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 29, 2003, 9:02:43 AM10/29/03
Shulamit ???? where do you live ???
i didn`t catch that ,
By the way I have NEAR me a shop that Has LOADS OF wools all sizes all
colors ,,,,, a dream come true
mirjam

Shulamit Umansky

Oct 29, 2003, 9:08:25 AM10/29/03
Jerusalem - I think you live in Haifa, right?
I was talking about those shops on King George street - they are both run by
men and every time I ask them anything (and I swear I'm a nice person!) they
tell me that it seems to them I don't know anything about crafts.
I think about going to the shop you've written about to Robin, but the
parking there is tough.. maybe sometime...

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote in message

Katherine Burgess

Oct 29, 2003, 8:24:25 PM10/29/03
Isn't this marvelous???? Two people living in the same city, meeting here in
RCTY! Wonderful!
I already welcomed Robin, so welcome to Shulamit.
Katherine

Els van Dam

Oct 29, 2003, 10:27:45 PM10/29/03
In article <524bbbf6.03102...@posting.google.com>,
jlem...@yahoo.com (Robin in Jerusalem) wrote:

When it rains it pours, welcome everyone from Jerusalem

Els on Vancouver Island

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 30, 2003, 1:52:57 AM10/30/03
I haven`t seen her Answer ?? does Shulamit live in Jerusalem
Where are you Shulamit ????
mirjam

Robin in Jerusalem

Oct 30, 2003, 1:08:46 AM10/30/03
mir...@actcom.co.il (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote in message news:<3f9fc7d...@ar.news.verio.net>...

> Robin there is an ISRAeli Knitting guild that meets regulary in
> Jerusalem ,,, and alos other activities ,, please call either Haya or
> me ,
> mirjam

Mirjam,

Busy day yesterday, a friend went into labor in the morning (baby boy
born around 7 PM), and I was responsible for picking up her little one
(as well as my own). Things didn't slow down until late in the
evening...I'll call you soon :)

Robin

Shulamit Umansky

Oct 30, 2003, 3:41:48 AM10/30/03
I'm here!! I can even see my posts on Google -
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=bnohs6%2413oa3a%241%40ID-212494.news.uni-berlin.de

Could someone please quote this for Mirjam as it seems that her provider
ignores me :-)

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" <mir...@actcom.co.il> wrote in message

Anna MCM

Oct 30, 2003, 4:05:12 AM10/30/03
Mirjam, do you see me?
Curious if you can see someone in Sweden amd not someone in Jerusalem LOL

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Katherine Burgess

Oct 30, 2003, 5:45:05 AM10/30/03
Just in case you don't see her next answer, I will reply. Yes, she does,
Mirjam.
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 30, 2003, 7:54:13 AM10/30/03
My question was WHERE DO YOU LIVE ????
here is my phone
04 8222588
if you live in Jerusalem please contact me .
There are Too many of your family name in Jerushalayiem .
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 30, 2003, 7:54:15 AM10/30/03
Thankd dear friend ,,, now i try to contact Shulamit for real mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Oct 31, 2003, 2:38:37 AM10/31/03
Shulamit called me this afternoon ,, lovely cheerful voice ,,,, only
she didn`t know she caught me [ shhhhh,,,,,] undressed on my way to
the shower ,,,,,, later at night i called her ,, so Thank you all the
contact is

NoraBalcer

Oct 31, 2003, 3:10:25 PM10/31/03
How nice that you two ladies got to visit on the phone.

Hugs,

Nora