Anny Blatt Yarn

Patti567

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
Does anyone know anything about Anny Blatt and the designer yarns used? I have
an old (Spring '84) patternbook called Knitting Elegance and there are several
patterns I would like to do but I can't find the particular yarn used. The
types of yarns are as follows: Flirt'Anny, Rub'Anny, Silk'Anny,News'Anny and
Serpentine d'Anny Blatt.

I have looked in the yellow pages for some of the various stores listed in the
magazine and keep coming up with not found errors.

Could someone shed some light one this particular yarn?

Thanks in advance.

Patti in LA (Lower Alabama)

Ellen Mill

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

>Thanks in advance.

Anny Blatt is a French yarn company that distributes here in the US;
very pricey stuff. I suspect some, many, most, or even all of the
yarns you' e found listed are discontinued; I'd have to check the
current Anny Blatt list at work to know for sure.
There may also be substitutes for some of them now; I'd try calling the
company, if you can find the number listed anywhere in the magazine. if
you can't find that number, I'd be happy to look it up for you; I'm Ellen
and my work number is 800-764-9276. By the way, if you can ever get over
to France, I understand the Anny Blatt store in Caans is wonderful, and
the prices are about half what you'd pay in America. I must confess, I'm a
bit pedestrian in my knitting tastes, and Anny's a bit too high-fashion
for me, and over-priced, to boot... but some of the yarns and designs are
truly lovely.

Ellen who should be knitting instead of surfing.....

CASBAH P

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
<< >Does anyone know anything about Anny Blatt and the designer yarns used? I
have
>an old (Spring '84) patternbook called Knitting Elegance and there are several
>patterns I would like to do but I can't find the particular yarn used. The
>types of yarns are as follows: Flirt'Anny, Rub'Anny, Silk'Anny,News'Anny and
>Serpentine d'Anny Blatt.

>I have looked in the yellow pages for some of the various stores listed in the
>magazine and keep coming up with not found errors.

>Could someone shed some light one this particular yarn?

>Thanks in advance. >>
Anny Blatt has changed ownership from the days of the magazine that you
acquired. They've narrowed their collection quite a bit, lowered their prices
some, and the new yarns are not as fine as quality as the older ones. I still
love their line though-

I'm pretty sure that all the yarns that you mentioned are discontinued. I did
hear that they brought back Silk'Anny. Depending on what colors you're looking
for, you may be able to track down most of the original yarns-I do it all the
time. There are still a few stores around that have quite a bit of stock-I'm
always scavenging around. There's a store near where I live that still has
some Serpentine, Silk'Anny, and Flirt'Anny....E-mail me what you're looking for
if you decide to go ahead and I'll give you as many leads as I can....I
probably have the magazine so can look up the pattern, too.......Vanessa

SMBlades

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
Try Trish Tasch, she has all kinds of wonderful discontinued stuff including
Anny Blatt. Sandra

* The Santa Barbara Knitting Studio *
* 440 Alan Road Santa Barbara, CA 93109 *
* (805) 563-4987 e-mail: knit...@silcom.com *
* By Appointment *

Wilma Peers

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
Hi Vanessa,

It would really be appreciated if you have leads to any venues, that you please
mention them so that other people can access them as well. Which are the stores
that you turn to "all the time"? Names and phone numbers would really be
appreciated by all those who participate in the newsgroups. This is all about
sharing.

Thanks & Cheers.

CASBAH P

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99
Hi-
I've had good luck tracking down some very old Anny Blatt yarns at Velona's
Needlecraft-
believe their web site is www.velona.com......
La Knitterie Parisienne in Studio City, CA also has alot-no web page but their
telephone number is (818) 766-1515. (They have an 800 number too, can't find
it!) .......Vanessa

Red Meadow Fiber Arts

Jul 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/28/99

> > >I have looked in the yellow pages for some of the various stores listed in the
> > >magazine and keep coming up with not found errors.
> >
> > >Could someone shed some light one this particular yarn?

We carry the entire line of Anny Blatt yarns that are currently in
production. Lovely fibers and colors and textures. The ones you
mentioned are no longer in production, but perhaps you could substitute
one of their current yarns in your patterns. Best of luck with your
project :))

http://www.redmeadow.com

Regards, Karen

Red Meadow Fiber Arts ma...@redmeadow.com
http://www.redmeadow.com
**Dedicated to supplying fine fiber arts supplies**