Corduroy Fetish??

Lndh777

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

I have to admit -now that I've found out that I am not the only one,
I have a fit for corduroy fabric!! I love everything about it! The
deep rich colors -the nap, OH! And if I can get a beautiful color
thats ALSO in a wide wale??!! I'm in fabric-heaven!
When they came out with the prints (which I have STILL not afforded
myself due to $$) I had a fit!! They are varied and gorgeous! I just
wish that I had some. When I change jobs I plan to get lots of it
and make a dozen or so fall skirts and fitted pants. I would love to
see some posts by or hear in e-mail from (those of you not quite
ready to come out of the corduroy-fetish closet) others who have a
love for the fabric!! The only thing that I don't love about it is
that I (some do -I don't) can't wear it as a year-round fabric. So
during the summer months, I prep for the winter and try to catch
sales on this marvelous fabric!!

Ahhh!
Lndh in Colorado

Elaine Gallegos

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

Lndh777 <lnd...@gnn.com> wrote:
: I have to admit -now that I've found out that I am not the only one,
: I have a fit for corduroy fabric!! I love everything about it! The
: deep rich colors -the nap, OH! And if I can get a beautiful color
: thats ALSO in a wide wale??!! I'm in fabric-heaven!

Well, I don't exactly have the corduroy fetish, but did recently make
some pillows from a napped cotton fabric. It's sort of a sheared line-less
corduroy. Velveteen?
The pillows are red. I made 5 of them for the back of my sofa. My hubby
called them the "redcoats".
My REAL fabric passion is for linen of all sorts... I love the way it
smells before it's washed for the first time- it lightly retains the scent
of the grass and the fields.
Linen also washes up very clean and is so absorbent. It looks incredibly
crisp when you iron it.
I like to buy up any linen napkins that I find second hand. Many of these
have never been used. This always surprises me, that someone could just
hang onto these wonderful linen napkins for 20 years, never use them, and
evenually just give them away without using them once.
Elaine Gallegos
sat...@primenet.com

Kelly Johnson

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Lndh777 <lnd...@gnn.com> wrote in article <556pmf$k...@news-c1.gnn.com>...

> I have to admit -now that I've found out that I am not the only one,
> I have a fit for corduroy fabric!! I love everything about it! The
> deep rich colors -the nap, OH! And if I can get a beautiful color
> thats ALSO in a wide wale??!! I'm in fabric-heaven!

> When they came out with the prints (which I have STILL not afforded
> myself due to $$) I had a fit!! They are varied and gorgeous! I just
> wish that I had some.

Don't I know *just* what you mean? One of my favourite things about fall is
pulling out the courduroy jumpers for myself and the girls! (This being
Texas, courduroy is something we just can't get away with in the summer. :)

And I know exactly what you mean about the prints, too...and I couldn't
resist. I did resist enough to ask the DH permission, and even told him
that the fabric I wanted was $14.99/yd, and even though I'd already spent
$100 that morning, didn't he just ask me, "Will the dress you make with it
cost less than buying *the same* dress in a store?" I replied, honestly,
that I could get a courduroy jumper for about $50, but it wouldn't be the
same quality fabric or construction. For what I want to make, I'd have to
spend at least $150, while the fabric to make it would only run $45. He
said, "Then get it." <VBG> So I have five yards of gorgeous red fine-wale
courduroy (unlike you, I prefer the finer wales to the large ones; makes me
feel more delicate, I think :) with delicate pink flowers on it, the
*softest* courduroy I have ever felt, and the colours are bright and
distinct. It's just waiting for me to have time to get to it...considering
my to-do list at the moment, it will probably hit my sewing machine the
first week in December. :) :)

Kel
D/FW, Texas
pro...@airmail.net

Stephen and Melissa Jones

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

AuntDodo3 wrote:

> I have to admit this year I have two fabric fetishes. ONe is Polar Fleece
> and the other is flannel. There are some great flannel prints out this
> year aren't there!!

Have you seen the neat quilts made from the *quilt* flannel? Most
of the flannel has a brown cast to it and looks old. I'm dying to win
the lottery so I can buy enough to make a kingsize quilt with this
stuff. The fabric has a nice enough look that 6" squares tied would
make a very nice comforter.

Melissa J

AuntDodo3

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

KALDesign

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

My fabric fetish is velvet! I love it. I wash it ( before sewing) and
make T-shirts and dresses out of it so I can wear it all the time and not
have to worry about dry cleaning. It has to be 100% rayon and it gets a
slightly crushed look to it, but it feels so wonderfully soft and drapey.

Karen A Lambert
Round Rock, Texas
KALD...@aol.com

Ngai Kwan

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

In article <5581kf$1...@nnrp1.news.primenet.com>, Elaine Gallegos <sat...@primenet.com> wrote:
| Lndh777 <lnd...@gnn.com> wrote:
| : I have to admit -now that I've found out that I am not the only one,
| : I have a fit for corduroy fabric!! I love everything about it! The
| : deep rich colors -the nap, OH! And if I can get a beautiful color
| : thats ALSO in a wide wale??!! I'm in fabric-heaven!

I love fine wale corduroy. I had a blouse of it and wore it to death.
At work we have this rayon(?) fine wale corduroy type fabric but it's
double sided so it's soft on both sides. I'm going to have buy a few
yards soon.

Ngai Kwan ny...@wolfenet.com

Nevermore Designs, Seattle
Carina Desings,Patternmaker
Seattle Central C.C. Apparel Design (Graduate!!)

G Beliveau

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

My fabric fetish is for a fabric I don't even know the name of !!! It is
the type of fabric that hotel blankets are often made of. Anyone know what
I'm referring to ? Do you know the name of it ?
I'd love to buy some of it and make a pull over.
Fran

Margo Anderson

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

KALDesign wrote:

> My fabric fetish is velvet! I love it. I wash it ( before sewing) and
> make T-shirts and dresses out of it so I can wear it all the time and not
> have to worry about dry cleaning. It has to be 100% rayon and it gets a
> slightly crushed look to it, but it feels so wonderfully soft and drapey.

Karen:

I have a velvet fetish too! Did you know that if you buy that
nasty,stiff, '70's "crushed" velvet that still turns up on sale tables,
you can machine wash it with 2 cups of baking soda and it will come out
soft and drapey!!! (I'm not guaranteeing it'll work every time, but it
has for me). In fact, I've washed all kinds of dressy fabrics. I LOVE
what it does to irridescent taffeta!

Margo Anderson

RDusek

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

In article <01bbc8ce.2828c7c0$9f77cdcd@default>, "G Beliveau"
<gb...@generation.net> writes:

would that be 'velux'? sometimes you can get pieces of it at the
pepperell (SP?) Mill store. I can't really imagine a shirt out of
it....but maybe. It would sure be warm.

Tracy

SewStorm

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

<gb...@generation.net> writes:

>My fabric fetish is for a fabric I don't even know the name of !!! It is
>the type of fabric that hotel blankets are often made of. Anyone know
what
>I'm referring to ? Do you know the name of it ?
>I'd love to buy some of it and make a pull over.

If you're talking about the very light, frosted-looking blankets, they are
called "Velux". I believe they are made of some sort of polyester fiber.

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati
Editor: Sew Up A Storm: The Newsletter for Sewing Entrepreneurs

Cycatryx

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

i like that vellux too, my mom made seat covers for the car out of it.

i pretty much love any fabric that is a pain to sew with and difficult to
clean and you cant really wear anywhere ;)
Julia Hedberg/cyca...@aol.com
Belle Nightshade
"semper ubi sub ubi"

St Theresa of the Net

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

In article <556pmf$k...@news-c1.gnn.com> lnd...@gnn.com (Lndh777) writes:
>I have to admit -now that I've found out that I am not the only one,
>I have a fit for corduroy fabric!! I love everything about it! The
>deep rich colors -the nap, OH! And if I can get a beautiful color
>thats ALSO in a wide wale??!! I'm in fabric-heaven!

Yes!!

Wisconsin may have cold, slush and snow, but our winters are a great excuse
for CORDUROY!! So far I've only finished a short cardigan jacket of olive
wide-wale corduroy, but I have enough left for a matching skirt (that'll be
this weekend!) And after that, I have some of that wonderfully patterned
stuff (with the gold accents) that WANTS TO BE A VEST -- a fitted vest,
with lapels, yes! I'm pretty sure I also have some dark green stuff that
wants to be a jumper.

[You know it's bad when you're not sure what you actually did break down
and buy vs. what you left at the store. On the other hand, when you forget
you bring it home, it's a delightful surprise when you find it in your
"hey, wash me!" pile!]

Stay tuned for my raptures on wool and stretch crushed velvet!

--
we don't need no government loans and we don't get no checks from home...
The Last Apartment/1947 N. Prospect Ave. #305/Milwaukee, WI 53202/(414) 278-7413

P. Murphy

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96
to Kelly Johnson

Just a note about corduroy fashions. While at Sew Expo in Puyallup, WA
this year, I saw a woman with a solid colored corduroy jacket. What was
so striking was that she had done Seminole piece work with the solid
colors on the back and down the front. The way the light reflected off it
was very eye catching and such subtle elegant look. I had never thought
of quilting with just one color. Have done some other quilts out of
corduroy though. Thought you might like another stimulating idea

Trish

diane...@aol.com

Nov 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/20/96

My husband asked what I'd like for my birthday, and I suggested the Bonfit
Pants Patterner. He immediately ordered it for me! Then I mentioned
fabric
- corduroy to make pants with, and he said he'd buy the material also!!!
I love soft fine wale corduroy and would love to have pants for the winter
made
with it. I had thought corduroy was out of style, until reading this
newsgroup.
They are predicting a very cold winter here in the Northeast, and I am
thinking
corduroy, flannel and any other warm materials right now. Will let you
know
how my pants come out.

Diane

Elaine Gallegos

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

diane...@aol.com wrote:
: My husband asked what I'd like for my birthday, and I suggested the Bonfit

You are so lucky to have such a kind and generous husband.

mtnmama

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

>diane...@aol.com wrote:
>I love soft fine wale corduroy and would love to have pants for the
winter made with it. I had thought corduroy was out of style, until
reading this newsgroup.

Diane, I am putting together a collection of corduroy. If you're
interested in mail order, let me know. Swatches can be sent first.
What colors are you looking for?

I also have flannels, including a line of organic and naturally
colored cotton flannels. If you let me know weight, colors,
designs, etc. you're looking for, I'll let you know what's
available.

Sheila
McLemore Interiors
Ridgway, Colorado

peg...@aol.com

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

Corduroy is really happening this year in ready-to-wear. Look in all the
catalogs. I love it too! I even wear it during years that it isn't "the
fashion."

and...@powerup.com.au

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

peg...@aol.com wrote:

Ain't it the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Love the stuff!)

Katy

france....@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2013, 1:44:18 AM11/27/13
Le mardi 29 octobre 1996 09:00:00 UTC+1, Lndh777 a écrit :
> I have to admit -now that I've found out that I am not the only one,
> I have a fit for corduroy fabric!! I love everything about it! The
> deep rich colors -the nap, OH! And if I can get a beautiful color
> thats ALSO in a wide wale??!! I'm in fabric-heaven!
> When they came out with the prints (which I have STILL not afforded
> myself due to $$) I had a fit!! They are varied and gorgeous! I just
> wish that I had some. When I change jobs I plan to get lots of it
> and make a dozen or so fall skirts and fitted pants. I would love to
> see some posts by or hear in e-mail from (those of you not quite
> ready to come out of the corduroy-fetish closet) others who have a
> love for the fabric!! The only thing that I don't love about it is
> that I (some do -I don't) can't wear it as a year-round fabric. So
> during the summer months, I prep for the winter and try to catch
> sales on this marvelous fabric!!
>
> Ahhh!
> Lndh in Colorado

Are you still alive and into corduroy fetish? Hope for your answer. CORDUROY LOVE. FreD

frizz...@gmail.com

May 7, 2014, 5:37:55 PM5/7/14
On Tuesday, October 29, 1996 4:00:00 AM UTC-4, Lndh777 wrote:
> I have to admit -now that I've found out that I am not the only one,
> I have a fit for corduroy fabric!! I love everything about it! The
> deep rich colors -the nap, OH! And if I can get a beautiful color
> thats ALSO in a wide wale??!! I'm in fabric-heaven!
> When they came out with the prints (which I have STILL not afforded
> myself due to $$) I had a fit!! They are varied and gorgeous! I just
> wish that I had some. When I change jobs I plan to get lots of it
> and make a dozen or so fall skirts and fitted pants. I would love to
> see some posts by or hear in e-mail from (those of you not quite
> ready to come out of the corduroy-fetish closet) others who have a
> love for the fabric!! The only thing that I don't love about it is
> that I (some do -I don't) can't wear it as a year-round fabric. So
> during the summer months, I prep for the winter and try to catch
> sales on this marvelous fabric!!
>
> Ahhh!
> Lndh in Colorado

I've loved wide wale corduroy since I was little. I wear it a lot.

blood...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2015, 5:27:35 PM11/27/15
I love corduroy pants and always have. I like tighter pairs and ones with pretty colors. I like to have sex in them even and I have been looking for other ppl who are into them as well!

frizz...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2016, 11:36:35 AM12/10/16
I've liked wide wale corduroy since I was a kid.. I like the feel, look of tight ones on a woman..

frizz...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2016, 11:39:21 AM12/10/16

Wide wale corduroy is my favorite! A huge turn on!

BEI Design

Dec 10, 2016, 8:09:37 PM12/10/16
frizz...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wide wale corduroy is my favorite! A huge turn on!

Do your friends and collegues in Ashburn, VA know about your
problem?

BEI Design

Dec 10, 2016, 8:10:38 PM12/10/16
frizz...@gmail.com wrote:
<snip>

> I've liked wide wale corduroy since I was a kid.. I like the
> feel, look of tight ones on a woman..

Do your friends and collegues in Ashburn, VA know you are a jerk?

dary...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 5:23:39 AM7/28/19
Jul 28,2019

I've had a fetish for mens
corduroy pants since I was a teenager.

I use to hump on corduroy pants
in junior high and high school
in the guys locker room

I'd hump on the male school teachers corduroy pants ,
I always exploded my cream
on the pants .

I'd wear them too.

I still love corduroy pants and
Mens Levis Jeans and every other
kind of mens soft jeans.

Its a turn on for me 😌

dary...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 5:26:21 AM7/28/19
I love wide wale corduroy pants
medium wale corduroy pants,
worned corduroy mens pants

I'm not a fan of mens corduroy trousers

dary...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 5:27:30 AM7/28/19
I like to hump with my many
pairs of corduroy pants .

Like to hump with me

dary...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 5:33:22 AM7/28/19
I'm definately into corduroy mens pants , we could get together if your a guy
have sex

Daryl S , Canada

Jul 28, 2019

dary...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2019, 5:37:05 AM7/28/19
Any kind of mens corduroy pants
are a turn on for me as well.
I don't like corduroy trousers
its old man corduroys

I sometimes will see handsome
men in their 50s wearing nice
corduroy pants , and that's
a real turn on for me.

Daryl S , Canada

Jul 28, 2019

Jul 28, 2019

dary...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2019, 1:12:42 AM8/5/19
Aug 4, 2019

I love corduroy pants as well
from medium wale to fine wale
some wide wales.
I like mens used corduroy pants
I bought alot of them from
working at Value Village .

They were all nice and great for
wearing and humping with.

I've seen handsome men in their
50s wear nice corduroy pants
the kind I would want to wear
they were nice

I'd stare for hours looking at
the corduroy butt and mesmerised
by it .

Younger guys in their 30s 40s
as well.

I also love mens Levis jeans
of any style

I buy alot of mens used
corduroy pants from ebay ,
there all nice to wear

In junior high and high school
I would go into to the guys
locker room and hump on
corduroy pants during P.E
or during basket ball or
volley ball , track and field

Sometimes hump a male school
teachers corduroy pants

Daryl S , Canada

dary...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2019, 1:15:44 AM8/5/19
Aug 4, 2019

Yes, wide wale corduroy pants
are a turn on for me as well
Any kind of mens corduroy pants
are a turn on for me

So are Mens Levis Jeans

Daryl S , Canada

roho...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2020, 3:29:13 PM1/3/20

dary...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2020, 10:43:28 PM1/20/20
Some men do like to wear corduroy pants , corduroy jeans

dary...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2020, 10:51:04 PM1/20/20
Yes , corduroy pants can definately be quite a turn on close up . As you look close up at the corduroy pants and can see how nice they are .

If your a guy corduroy pants tend to be a huge turn on ,
- b-o-n-e-r

Martin Alexandre

Oct 9, 2020, 4:59:11 PM10/9/20
Could have written. almost the same. I remember that cute sexy dude in high school who would leave his nice corduroy jeans and corduroy jacket in the room next to the gym before gym class. I loved to have my face in his grey corduroy jeans or his black corduroy jeans and his olive green corduroy bomber jacket. This boy's corduroy clothing smelled so damn nice. I still dream about that sexy corduroy dude.

Martin Alexandre

Oct 9, 2020, 5:03:55 PM10/9/20
On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 10:43:28 PM UTC-5, dary...@gmail.com wrote:
> Some men do like to wear corduroy pants , corduroy jeans

I loved to hump with a male friend, corduroy against corduroy, after school. It was so damn nice to have fun with our corduroys.

Ziyuan Wang

Jan 10, 2022, 6:24:45 PM1/10/22
Me cords fetish especially wide wale cords, I have many cords pants and cords suits.

Albert Pinkerton

Oct 18, 2022, 11:39:30 AM10/18/22
Hello bud, Al here, I wear corduroy all the time