African American Counted Cross Stitch

DJackson

Jun 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/30/97

I was hoping that someone could help me by suggesting where I could find
cross stitch patterns of African American people.

I know that I could always change the skin color of other cross stitch
patterns, but that still does not lend to the fact that each race has
different features.

I have tried a few places, only to find Designs by Janet Powers, Southern
Roots Series...but her patterns lack the DETAIL I'm looking for by showing
the race as faceless field hands or servants. (There have got to be other
patterns!)

Please help me with this search for quality cross stitch of African
Americans.

Thanks. D

Susan L. Ovard

Jul 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/2/97

There is a pattern called The Golden Necklace by Creative Concepts. You can find them
at http://www.mindspring.com/~creativexs/ or through the Hoffman Distributors web site.
Sorry, I can't remember their address.

Susan

Stephenie Labovitz

Jul 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/3/97

The Hoffman Distributor website is http://www.hoffmandis.com

-Stephenie

JPageC

Jul 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/5/97

On June 30th, DJackson wrote:

>I was hoping that someone could help me by suggesting where I could find
>cross stitch patterns of African American people.

D, I'm not sure if this will help much, but I'm Scottish & never saw
Celtic needlework designs until I started attending some Highland
festivals. So if you're in an area (or can visit one) that holds
African-American celebrations, you may be able to pick up some books, etc.
Anyway, good luck!

Page

collegebo...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2015, 11:44:36 AM6/7/15
In response to your request for African-American cross stitch, you may want to try Amazon.com/uk.....I found some of the most exquisite African-American designs. I've purchased a few, adding them to my collection of designs on the subject. The designs are rather large and quite detailed. I hope you like them and wish you all the best in your search... Robin Brown

BEI Design

Jun 7, 2015, 6:13:32 PM6/7/15
Posted and mailed:
The original message was posted on June 30, 1997.

Catch a clue.

Unknown

Jun 11, 2015, 11:21:40 PM6/11/15
There is the off chance that post was from some one new to the Internet. When I
load a new group I get messages back ten years or better that I have to sort to
current. Then there is not much current so those old messages start looking
good.

I do not feel real welcome here, but then I guess I am interrupting a private
party. Still I read the few available posts about once a week seeking new ideas
for the type work I do.

What kind of work do I do? I do a lot of mending for my large family. I make
clothing for some family members. I usually find it less expensive to purchase
ready made men's wear or T-shirts/ jeans for either gender. I work without
ready made patterns creating my own versions of women's wear and Middleages LARP
clothing. I have also made my own tents, curtains, bed covers, bed sheets, dog
coats.

arhe...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2016, 9:57:33 PM1/1/16
On Monday, June 30, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, DJackson wrote:
> I was hoping that someone could help me by suggesting where I could find
> cross stitch patterns of African American people.
>
> I know that I could always change the skin color of other cross stitch
> patterns, but that still does not lend to the fact that each race has
> different features.
>
> I have tried a few places, only to find Designs by Janet Powers, Southern
> Roots Series...but her patterns lack the DETAIL I'm looking for by showing
> the race as faceless field hands or servants. (There have got to be other
> patterns!)
>
> Please help me with this search for quality cross stitch of African
> Americans.
>
> Thanks. D

Stoney Creek Fields of Dixie

glor...@gmail.com