Looking for outerwear sewing kits

Murray Cameron

Sep 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/14/96

Hi,

I'm new to the internet (my husband finally talked me into checking out the
sewing newsgroups ....). There used to be a company in Brockville (Canada)
which sold outerwear sewing kits - these were excellent quality kits that have
really withstood wear by my two boys and husband (down vests, fleece sweaters
and rain jackets). Unfortunately the company (Naturebound) went out of business
a couple years back.

I did do a search of the WWW and I found Frostline Kits and Textile Outfitters,
unfortunately BOTH of their URL's weren't located by my browser ......

Does anyone know of any other companies that produce outerwear sewing kits? I'd
really appreciate hearing from you.

Susan

Jones

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96

Textile Outfitters (Calgary) will also put together outerwear kits to your
specification. http://www.enviro.net/textile. As Cindy says, MacPhee
also, they also have retail stores in Frankford (613-398-8462) and
Mississauga (905-712-4254).

Colleen

Cindy Long

Sep 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/15/96
to ten...@fox.nstn.ca

MacPhee Workshop is a source for outerwear, although I don't believe they
have kits. It sounds like you are from Canada, and they are a Canadian
company and their fabrics are for the Canadian climate. They have good
quality fabric, and original patterns along with all the notions
necessary. It's worth a look at their web page.
http://www.macpheeworkshop.com

DocCec

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

In article <51fga6$f...@news.nstn.ca>, ten...@fox.nstn.ca (Murray Cameron)
writes:

>Does anyone know of any other companies that produce outerwear sewing
kits?
>I'd
>really appreciate hearing from you.

Try this one:
ALTRA
100 E. Washington St
New Richmond, IN 47967
Number to order (and maybe for info?) 1-800-443-8714

This is old, but should still be good.
Cec

Doc...@aol.com

avia...@hotmail.com

Feb 17, 2018, 5:16:45 PM2/17/18
On Saturday, September 14, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Murray Cameron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the internet (my husband finally talked me into checking out the
> sewing newsgroups ....). There used to be a company in Brockville (Canada)
> which sold outerwear sewing kits - these were excellent quality kits that have
> really withstood wear by my two boys and husband (down vests, fleece sweaters
> and rain jackets). Unfortunately the company (Naturebound) went out of business
> a couple years back.
>
> I did do a search of the WWW and I found Frostline Kits and Textile Outfitters,
> unfortunately BOTH of their URL's weren't located by my browser ......
>
> Does anyone know of any other companies that produce outerwear sewing kits? I'd
> really appreciate hearing from you.
>
> Susan

You are talking about Nature Bound. They were originally in Etobicoke, ON and then moved to Brockville. I do not know what happened to them but would love to find a company similar as I still have some of the product that I made ove 25 years ago. Bea

avia...@hotmail.com

Feb 17, 2018, 5:21:48 PM2/17/18
On Saturday, September 14, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Murray Cameron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the internet (my husband finally talked me into checking out the
> sewing newsgroups ....). There used to be a company in Brockville (Canada)
> which sold outerwear sewing kits - these were excellent quality kits that have
> really withstood wear by my two boys and husband (down vests, fleece sweaters
> and rain jackets). Unfortunately the company (Naturebound) went out of business
> a couple years back.
>
> I did do a search of the WWW and I found Frostline Kits and Textile Outfitters,
> unfortunately BOTH of their URL's weren't located by my browser ......
>
> Does anyone know of any other companies that produce outerwear sewing kits? I'd
> really appreciate hearing from you.
>
> Susan

FrostLine Kits were founded in the 60's in Boulder Colorado. The founder died in the mid 2012. No one took over the company.