Quilt Pro vs. Electric Quilt

Debbie

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Does anyone have experience with Quilt Pro and/or
Electric Quilt software? I have a PC (Windows 95) and
am thinking of buying some quilt software to reduce so
much graph paper drawing. I am having a hard time
figuring out the differences in these two packages from
the literature.

I would love some comments on what each can do, and
the differences between them.

Thank you very much

e_mail is preferred: fel...@ma.ultranet.com

Debbie

Rita Denenberg

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
I don't know if Quilt Pro still does it, but in their earlier version,
you would have to move different shapes around if you were to design
your own block. Many times, I could not control the blocks and there
would be gaps. Never bothered to upgrade. Electric Quilt is much easier
both for applique and patchwork in my estimation, so have upgraded
everytime a new one came out. Besides, this next version, EQ4 will
feature some of my applique designs which I might add most humbly, are
different than the ones you will see anywhere else.

Debbie wrote:

--
Rita
http://myquilts.hypermart.net

Paul Abendroth

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
I have Version 3 of Quiltpro...haven't used it long but really like it.
I've got the same computer equip (Win 95, PC) and have had no glitches.
There's a ng which you can sign up for (find on quiltpro web site
quiltpro.com) and you might get more insight from their
discussion...they also offer online tech support.

Mary Yohn

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
to Debbie
There used to be some reviews of these programs on the net. I used to
access them off sites with extensive links to sewing-related pages. You
can try searching at http://www.metacrawler.com. (The directory I
remember was something like http://www.softworld.com.sewing/sewdir.htm,
but it may not exist anymore.)

QuiltPro is supposed to be more intuitive and easier to deal with
immediately. EQ offers some features (such as a link to BlockBase and
ability to design applique) that QP doesn't have. I bought EQ3 because
I figured it did more, but found it to be non-intuitive for me --
meaning even after spending time going through the system with manual in
hand, I still don't understand it well enough to use it comfortably.
(And I am a retired systems analyst/programmer!) It's fine for people
who like to learn from manuals, but QP would be a better choice for me,
because I prefer to learn by trial and error and appreciate design
simplicity.

Mary

Sandy Wheeler

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
Which program is more intuitive for a particualar person depends onthe
person. For me, EQ was simple, I hardly even looked at the manual.
Quilt Pro drive me nuts, I find it very obscure and I've tried hard to
learn it. I was even a beta tester for them.

For those who are interested, EQ4 will be coming out very soon (we
hope in early March). It will be Win95/98 and will import scanned
images (the most asked for feature). Until 3/1/99, you can purchase
it for $80.00.

This is probably a no-no post, since I'm a rep for EQ and can't say
"no affiliation", but I really just want everyone to know that the new
program is coming soon. To keep this short, if anyone wants more
info, they can e-mail me.

Sandy Wheeler "Angel"
Morrison, CO
angel...@earthlink.net