watercolor quilting exchange group

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Fran

unread,
Jul 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/17/97
to

I am new to watercolor quilting. I have just begun a stash of fabric for
this purpose. My sister-in-law from Southern California recently
informed me that there are groups who exchange squares for watercolor
quilting. Are there any located in our area? I would like to join.

Jeanine Ewert,
Cashmere, WA.

The Washburns

unread,
Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97
to

Fran wrote:

Fran,

I don't know of any, but am interested in doing an impressionist quilt -
sort of like watercolor. If you find any exchange groups, would you
please let me know?

Lisa in Texas

--
mrma...@sprynet.com

http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/mrmago01

Barbara Lamb

unread,
Jul 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/19/97
to
Hi,

I would be interested in joining a watercolor swap. I've done a couple
and still don't have all I need. I'd like to swap *lights*, mediums*,
and *darks.*

Barbara in Milwaukie, OR
--
mailto:bl...@hevanet.com

Vaiva A. Bichnevicius

unread,
Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97
to


On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, The Washburns wrote:

> I don't know of any, but am interested in doing an impressionist quilt -
> sort of like watercolor. If you find any exchange groups, would you
> please let me know?
>

I've also wanted to exchange watercolor/impressionist fabrics. The
problem I have encountered is that I started out with Gai Perry's book, so
my fabrics are cut into 2 1/4 inch strips/squares. I could be wrong, but
don't most watercolor quilters use 2 inch squares?? Also, impressionist
quilts entail a lot of fussy-cut squares (for flowers and such).

If anyone wants to do an exchange of 2 1/4 inch strips and/or fussycut
flowers, I would be willing to host that.

-Vaiva
va...@vaiva.com


The Washburns

unread,
Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97
to

Vaiva A. Bichnevicius wrote:


Vaiva,

I'd be very interested in the 2 1/4" fussy cut exchange! I also have
Gai Perry's book, and want to explore this technique. Any other takers?

GingerPoll

unread,
Jul 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/28/97
to

In article <33D02096...@sprynet.com>, The Washburns
<mrma...@sprynet.com> writes:

>
>Fran wrote:
>
>> I am new to watercolor quilting. I have just begun a stash of fabric
>> for
>> this purpose. My sister-in-law from Southern California recently
>> informed me that there are groups who exchange squares for watercolor
>> quilting. Are there any located in our area? I would like to join.
>>
>> Jeanine Ewert,
>> Cashmere, WA.
>
> Fran,
>

>I don't know of any, but am interested in doing an impressionist quilt -
>sort of like watercolor. If you find any exchange groups, would you
>please let me know?
>
>

I just tried my first watercolor in a log cabin, to try to get the feel of
it. I thought I had waay too many fabrics, but when I started putting them
together...not so sure. Finding enough seems to be a problem, especially
far lights and far darks. Not to mention, the difference in size of
prints. I'm gonna figure this thing out. Also got a new book on Impression
quilts. The whole concept is fun, huh?
Ginger

The Washburns

unread,
Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97
to

> I just tried my first watercolor in a log cabin, to try to get the
> feel of
> it. I thought I had waay too many fabrics, but when I started putting
> them
> together...not so sure. Finding enough seems to be a problem,
> especially
> far lights and far darks. Not to mention, the difference in size of
> prints. I'm gonna figure this thing out. Also got a new book on
> Impression
> quilts. The whole concept is fun, huh?
> Ginger


Ginger,

I just put my first Impressionist quilt up on the design board. It was
fun to design! I know what you mean about the fabrics - finding enough
different sorts is a problem. I'm finding it difficult to find many
florals with dark backgrounds. Perhaps when the seasons change there
will be more available. Most of the florals seem to have light
backgrounds, which don't look right for the impressionist quilts - I put
a few up on the design wall and proved it to myself!

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages