Meet up with Susan

Ginger in CA

Jul 17, 2010, 12:55:50 AM7/17/10
This evening I had dinner with Susan Laity Price. She and her DH are
out here on vacation/family wedding! Sunday they will be heading down
towards San Diego for a few days, then back to Long Beach to the quilt
show on Thurs night. And back home on Illinois.

It was so much fun to meet up with someone from the group here! We had
a nice visit, and I got to see pictures of her sons' weddings ;))

She wanted me to tell you that in the last 24 hours she has only been
to 2 quilt shops but plans to remedy that. They brought a special
duffel bag that was folded into their luggage so she can buy fabric.
Her DH is a keeper - he likes to take her to quilt shops! She told me
he had been in training for 40 years, so no, he is not for sale or
rent ;)

Ginger in CA
where it is muggy and warm tonight

Bronnie

Jul 17, 2010, 7:30:08 AM7/17/10

So glad you were able to meet up with Susan and DH! We had a lovely
meet-up last year in Illinois. Yup, he's a keeper! And tall too!
Bronnie

Sunny

Jul 17, 2010, 1:22:30 PM7/17/10
Ginger, I'm really happy for you and Susan. I so much cherish the day
you and I shared when you came to Leavenworth. It was just wonderful
and has continued to give me warm fuzzies through the intervening
time. I wish we could all just step into some giant transporting
device and blink to each others' homes. Or, alternately, to the
nearest quilt shop. ;)

Sunny

Polly Esther

Jul 17, 2010, 11:26:53 PM7/17/10
Oh how envious I am. I would so love to meet you all. Susan has worked
tirelessly with me on the shelter quilts and how I would love to sqush her
with a serious hug. I'm glad you had a happy visit. Polly

"Sunny" <onet...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ginger in CA

Jul 18, 2010, 12:56:12 AM7/18/10
It was a lot of fun. One of the many topics we discussed was the
diversity of this group, and we got fairly philosophical about how we
all reach out to each other with tips/hints/good wishes/help in so
many ways. And we know there are many who lurk or post every great
once-in-a-while, and all of us are part of that cyber frame of
quilting. We came to the conclusion that quilters are a different
[read very cool!] bunch of people, that chocolate is the foundation of
the food chain [seven servings a day per Susan's DH Dave ;)], and meet-
ups in person are icing on the top of the cake!

Susan also prompted me to think of a new quilt to design out. I want
to do a wall-hanging for my judge's chambers [I'll pitch the idea next
week]. This morning on my dawn walk I thought of doing a series of
pineapple or mariner's compass blocks. Color placement from block to
block would give the concept of a wheel turning. He is in to bicycle
racing. The working title is "And the Wheels of the Bike Go 'Round and
'Round..."

Ginger in CA

On Jul 17, 8:26 pm, "Polly Esther" <Polly...@cableone.net> wrote:
> Oh how envious I am.  I would so love to meet you all.  Susan has worked
> tirelessly with me on the shelter quilts and how I would love to sqush her
> with a serious hug.  I'm glad you had a happy visit.  Polly
>

> "Sunny" <onetex...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Ginger, I'm really happy for you and Susan. I so much cherish the day
> > you and I shared when you came to Leavenworth. It was just wonderful
> > and has continued to give me warm fuzzies through the intervening
> > time. I wish we could all just step into some giant transporting
> > device and blink to each others' homes. Or, alternately, to the
> > nearest quilt shop. ;)
>

> > Sunny- Hide quoted text -

Bronnie

Jul 18, 2010, 5:51:04 AM7/18/10

It is wonderful, our cyber quilting fraternity, and meet-ups make it
very special indeed. I joined a cooking ng for a few years, and I
couldn't believe the spitefulness of a couple of fellows, so I left.
There were a few really lovely posters, but the others made it
untenable.
I know now I can talk the odd recipe with you folk (if it contains
chocolate LoL)...
Bronnie
Bronnie

cd32092ed0931d0e...@example.com

Jul 3, 2022, 8:01:01 AM7/3/22
Do you have Susan's address in Cary, IL? I represent her attorney, Hal Van Der Molen. We would like to return her original will. Please have Susan contact me if possible Thanks.

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/quilting/meet-up-with-susan-157328-.htm