looking for x-stitch store in N/NW Chicago Suburbs

Ann Loundy

Dec 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/29/95
I'm looking for a store which sells Mirabilia and Teresa Wentzler patterns
in the North or Northwest Chicago Suburbs. Or a catalog or web site which
sells them by mail.

Thanks in Advance.

Bobbie Hall

Dec 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/29/95

Ann,
My favorite is Welcome Stitchery in Crystal Lake. A bit off the beaten
track, but well worth the trip. They are at 35 E Crystal Lake Ave, just
on the edge of downtown. 815-455-5470
Bobbie (usual disclaimers ... )

Rick Wilson

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
I get a catalogue from Mary Jane's Cross 'n Stitch and they are located
in Downer's Grove, Illinois and have a toll free number 1-800-33-6819.
The cost of the catalogue was in 1991 $5.00 and whether are not they have
an e-mail address yet I cannot tell you. You might want to give them a
try.
Barb Wilson

Rick Wilson

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96

Ann, I previously posted a response to your request - except that there
was an error in the phone number - it should read 1-800-334-6819. Sorry
for this oversight!

Barb

Thutmosis

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96
Mary Jane's has also changed their address: They are located on Keim
Court in Napierville in Illinois. 1-800-334-6819. I highly recommend
them. They carry just about every pattern available. If they don't have
it, they usually can get it for you.

Just my $.02 worth!

Dana

Oettinger

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Tom Thumb in Evanston (Church Street). It's an all purpose craft shop, but
it carries a lot of needlework supplies.

Wendy W. Richardson

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
:>Ann Loundy (DLO...@interaccess.com) wrote:
:>> I'm looking for a store which sells Mirabilia and Teresa Wentzler patterns
:>> in the North or Northwest Chicago Suburbs. Or a catalog or web site which
:>> sells them by mail.

Since you requested N/NW suburbs, and last I checked Naperville wasn't one...

These are the three stores that a friend gave to me about a year and a half
ago. I have never visited or called the first two...

The Cross Stitch Place 6154 W. Higgins
Chicago IL 60630
312/631-8802

Designer's Desk 104 S. Bloomingdale Road
Roselle IL
708/893-3999

Cross Stitch 'n' Such 1441 W. Schaumburg Rd
Schaumburg IL 60194
708/894-6664

The third one on the list was still there a few months ago, and I have
bought several Teresa Wentzler patterns there. My major complaint with
them was that they seemed very unfriendly to people that work during the
day. Their hours were something like "open two hours after I have to be
at work", and "close about two hours before I get home". They are open a
bit later one weekday evening. I don't know about weekends.

("`-/")_.-'"``-._
Wendy W. Richardson, Ph.D. (. . `) -._ )-;-,_()
Sr. Research Investigator (v_,)' _ )`-.\ ``-'
Searle _;- _,-_/ / ((,'
4901 Searle Parkway ((,.-' ((,/
Skokie, IL 60077 wwr...@ddpi7.monsanto.com

Rick Wilson

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
Have you got their exact address??? PLEASE POST IT!!!

Barb

73162...@compuserve.com

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96

New needlework shop in Riverside, Illinois. Needles & Pins, One Riverside
Road, Suite 108, Riverside, IL 60546. Lots of Lavender & Lace and
Mirabilia. Some T. Wentzler. Open 10-6 daily and 11-4 Saturdays, also later
by appointment.
(708) 447-7032

Anne Marie McCormack

Leo & Morgan

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
wwr...@ddpi7.monsanto.com (Wendy W. Richardson) wrote:
.

>These are the three stores that a friend gave to me about a year and a half
>ago. I have never visited or called the first two...

>The Cross Stitch Place 6154 W. Higgins
> Chicago IL 60630
> 312/631-8802

>Designer's Desk 104 S. Bloomingdale Road
> Roselle IL
> 708/893-3999

Tons of patterns, room full of frames. You could spend the whole day
in there but the owner seems snoobish or crabby most of the time.

>Cross Stitch 'n' Such 1441 W. Schaumburg Rd
> Schaumburg IL 60194
> 708/894-6664

This one is nice. I also know they have classes and the people that
teach those are very friendly.

>The third one on the list was still there a few months ago, and I have
>bought several Teresa Wentzler patterns there. My major complaint with
>them was that they seemed very unfriendly to people that work during the
>day. Their hours were something like "open two hours after I have to be
>at work", and "close about two hours before I get home". They are open a
>bit later one weekday evening. I don't know about weekends.

>Wendy W. Richardson, Ph.D. (. . `) -._ )-;-,_()
>Sr. Research Investigator (v_,)' _ )`-.\ ``-'
>4901 Searle Parkway ((,.-' ((,/
>Skokie, IL 60077 wwr...@ddpi7.monsanto.com

Leo Post & Morgan Holtz
punc @tezcat.com