Civil War Cross Stitch

RPWebb54

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Yes,
I know that this topic has been on before, of course I didn't think I
would ever want to do a cross stitch regarding the Civil War. I have found
my brother to be such a civil war buff that I think this would be a great
Christmas Present. Can anyone whe received information regarding Civil War
Patterns please send me that information.
Thanks in advance for all your great help.
Sue(Who knows she needs a grammar and probably a spelling class-Will have
to invest not only in spell check but grammar check)

NHaleyPuy

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

> Can anyone whe received information regarding Civil War
>Patterns please send me that information.

I'm delurking after reading this ng for a month or so. I've been a
cross-stitcher for fifteen years. It's great to hear that other people
have the same passion I do...and that they, too, are creating stashes. I
consider it 'saving for my retirement'. I've been unemployed for four
months due to DH's job transfer, and it's been heaven!

I miss Stitches 'n Straw in Vancouver, WA (125 miles from where I lived,
but distance is not a factor when you're a fanatic). I've been searching
for shops near Modesto, CA, where we live now. I found one in Atwater
with lots of books, and I found Angel Stitch in Stockton, but she's going
out of business. She had three or four different Civil War-related
charts. The phone number is (209) 472-7519. Maybe she'll at least reveal
the publisher.

I wish I could tell you everything that's in my stash, but I can't...I've
dedicated myself to finishing Just Friends, Bob Timberlake's Raggedy Ann
and Andy. I'm about 3/4 finished. But I have lots of Mirabilia, Lavender
& Lace and I love country things, including Jeremiah Junction.

Thanks for all the great information, but mostly for being kindred
spirits.

Nancy in Modesto
nhal...@aol.com

Jeanie Attenhofer

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Hi, Jeanette Crews Designs has many Civil War designs out.
I know a lot of reinactors that stitch these designs which range from
the famous Generals of the North and South to flags. They are locateds
in Townsend, Ga. and they had a retail store, but I'm not certain its
still open.
I looked in some of my files and found this address which you
might contact.
Jeannette Crews Designs
Route 3
Townsend, Ga. 31331
1-800-241-1962

Or you might mention the J.C. name at your local shop, and they
can order the designs for your.
Happy XSing,
jeanie
http://pages.prodigy.com/jeanuecrossstitch

ChellyC

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

I'm working on a triptych of a Civil War design put out by Puckerbrush.
On the left panel is a Union Calvaryman, the right panel is a Confederate
Calvaryman, and in the middle is a battle scene with both flags, a drum
guy and other stuff. It's called The Struggle: The War between the
States. Their address/phone is: 168 Pine Court, Appleton, WI 54915,
414-739-4524. Hope this helps.

Chelly

xstitchcrazy

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97
to RPWebb54

RPWebb54 wrote:

Hi,
I know that Jeanette Crews Designs has several (?) books of realistic
Civil War designs, both North and South.
HTH,
Marilyn

> Yes,
> I know that this topic has been on before, of course I didn't think I
> would ever want to do a cross stitch regarding the Civil War. I have found
> my brother to be such a civil war buff that I think this would be a great

> Christmas Present. Can anyone whe received information regarding Civil War

> Patterns please send me that information.

LLindCharl

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Nancy wrote~

>I've been searching
>for shops near Modesto, CA

Nancy,
Have you tried The Fuzzy Penquin in Sacramento. Their phone number and
address are: 3922 60th St. (916)739-1190. It is a great shop and they
are very friendly. They have a large selection too.

Laura C.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truely endless....Mother Teresa

FlossCause

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Nancy!!

This is so bizarre! I was just about to respond that I saw some beautiful
Civil War charts at my local needlework shop...Stitches n' Straw!!! What
a coincidence you should bring it up in the same vein.

Check out website http://www.hoffmandis.com and do a category search on
their online catalog. I checked the boxes marked Historical and Military.
That brought up the charts published by K&D, series entitled Forever
Treasured. They are beautifully rendered soldiers and a sampler. Click
on the thumbnail image for the best view.

Nova

In article <19970722165...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
nhal...@aol.com (NHaleyPuy) writes:

>Subject: Re: De-lurking andCivil War Cross Stitch
>From: nhal...@aol.com (NHaleyPuy)
>Date: 22 Jul 1997 16:59:14 GMT

>> Can anyone whe received information regarding Civil War
>>Patterns please send me that information.

>I'm delurking after reading this ng for a month or so. I've been a

>cross-stitcher for fifteen years. It's great to hear that other people
>have the same passion I do...and that they, too, are creating stashes. I
>consider it 'saving for my retirement'. I've been unemployed for four
>months due to DH's job transfer, and it's been heaven!
>
>I miss Stitches 'n Straw in Vancouver, WA (125 miles from where I lived,
>but distance is not a factor when you're a fanatic). I've been searching
>for shops near Modesto, CA, where we live now. I found one in Atwater
>with lots of books, and I found Angel Stitch in Stockton, but she's going
>out of business. She had three or four different Civil War-related
>charts. The phone number is (209) 472-7519. Maybe she'll at least
reveal
>the publisher.

snip

>Thanks for all the great information, but mostly for being kindred
>spirits.
>
>Nancy in Modesto
>nhal...@aol.com

Nova
***Visualize Whirled Peas***

NHaleyPuy

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Laura C wrote
:>Have you tried The Fuzzy Penquin in Sacramento.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out soon. I also want to go to
Sacramento for SOXS. Sad to say that I never heard of it before I lurked
here. I don't know if it's too late for classes, but I know I can
definitely enhance my stash.

Thanks to Nova too for her response. You're a nice group.
Nancy In Modesto
nhal...@aol.com

DBecker131

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Contact these people they have several charts --Carol Frey at Count Your
Blessings
http://www.count-your-blessings.com cyb...@ix.netcom.com

They helped me out immensely.

Deb in IL

Sue

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

che...@aol.com (ChellyC) wrote:

>Chelly

Ooooh, I think this was the one I saw at SOXS in Saratoga Springs!

You really can't tell from the chart how nice it's going to look in,
in my opinion. Being a neophyte Civil War buff, I almost picked it
up, but put it off, and then ran out of $$$$$. Next time. Anyway, it
really looks nice when it's completed and framed. Your brother would
love the whole thing or any one of the three scenes, I think.

Sue in Montreal
---
Sue sue.bi...@sympatico.ca

*** Carpe Diem, mes enfants!
**** What may be may not be. Scottish Proverb
***** Conform and be dull. J. Frank Dobie

Diantha Lane

Jul 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/30/97

I am currently working on K & D Designs Civil War Sampler (The South). I
did not want to do it in the mushroom adia that was called for in the
pattern so I switched to Brittany's Light Khaki. The colors blend in real
well with. Can't wait to finish it so I can get it framed and hung with all
of DH's civil war prints. She has a lot of different patterns for the north
and the south. Puckerbrush also has quite a few patterns.

Diantha

Chris Davis

Mar 5, 2021, 9:38:34 PM3/5/21
Hello,
Is this group still active? I would be very grateful for any Civil War cross stitch resources, or even to be pointed in a good direction!

Thank you very much for your time,
Chris