Programs to assist in designing graphs

1 view

Pamela Cain

Dec 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/31/97

I know this topic was discussed previously, but I did not download the
messages because I did not think I would need them. Well . . . now I want
to design a sampler with this saying:

We are glad to have you as our guest,
And hope you have a good night's rest.
Tomorrow you again my roam,
But while you are here, just feel at home.

Can anyone suggest a shareware or other program I can buy that will help me
with the graphing of this project?

--

--Pam

HBlossomXS

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

>Can anyone suggest a shareware or other program I can buy that will help me
>with the graphing of this project?

Pam, I use Pattern Maker Pro from HobbyWare. Their website is
http://www.hobbyware.com/ I love it, and they've recently come out with a new
version.

I suggest you take a look at the Cross Stitch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions),
which is done by Kathy Dyer. The URL is http://www.wco.com/~kdyer/xstitch.html
It's a wonderful document, and one entire section is devoted to design
software. Websites and snail mail addresses are there for a large number of
programs. There's also other info like prices.

Also, I've done a general information article for those of you who've been
thinking about this kind of software. It's in its third revision and is
intended as a consumer guide. No programs are mentioned by name; however, I've
tried to suggest things to look for when you shop. It's on my website at
http://members.aol.com/hblossomxs/page5.html
xsAuntie Jillxs

SilverThim

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

I don't know about shareware programs, but PC Stitch is one of the least
expensive commercial programs. They are widely adverstised in stitching
magazines.

Good Luck!

Barbara