OT - or maybe it isn't

1 view

Cheryl Isaak

Mar 25, 2003, 7:09:14 AM3/25/03
From one of my humorist friends!

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with
CHOCOLATE! Linda Grayson

--
Cheryl Isaak
AHS Region 4, USDA Zone 4B/5A

just me

Mar 25, 2003, 5:15:38 PM3/25/03

"Cheryl Isaak" <chery...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> From one of my humorist friends!
>

> There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with
> CHOCOLATE! Linda Grayson

actually, a friend with tim tams would edge out the friend with chocolate in
this house! ;-)

-Aula
--
proponent and moderator for the proposed misc.kids.family-life, under
discussion on news.groups now

---

Cheryl Isaak

Mar 25, 2003, 5:34:43 PM3/25/03
On 3/25/03 5:15 PM, in article
ey4ga.33207$j8.8...@twister.tampabay.rr.com, "just me" <nos...@here.com>
wrote:

Tim Tams??????
What are tim tams?
Cheryl

Marie C

Mar 25, 2003, 7:10:47 PM3/25/03
Cheryl Isaak <chery...@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:<BAA5B11A.18A15%chery...@adelphia.net>...
> From one of my humorist friends!
>

> There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with
> CHOCOLATE! Linda Grayson

Here's one that I heard that made me laugh:

Exercise is a dirty word, every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out
with chocolate!

Marie C.

just me

Mar 25, 2003, 7:55:26 PM3/25/03

> Tim Tams??????
> What are tim tams?

Are there no downunderers around here to introduce you all to their
wonderful 'bickie' covered with either chocolate or butterscotch?!?!??
Arnott's makes them in Australia and they are wonderful, especially if
refrigerated cold and used to suck coffee through like a straw. But, for
those who have not tried them, they are about the length of your pinkie, are
a "bisket" covered with chocolates or butterscotch and are very tasty. I
have not found an American equivalent yet. Then again, I have not
thankfully found an American equivalent for vegemite or marmelite!

You can order tim tams on line from:
http://au.store.yahoo.com/souveniroutpost/timtamotausf.html

-Aula, marveling at the lack of aussies around here!

Leigh Harris

Mar 25, 2003, 11:00:04 PM3/25/03
I'm a "downunderer" (love that word!) who can attest to the wonders of the
TimTam! The world's yummiest chocolate biscuit, I believe. Only available in
the world's best country, I'm afraid. Anyone coming down for a visit? :-)

--
Leigh (not biased in the slightest, as you can see)
Perth, Western Australia

"just me" wrote

> "Cheryl Isaak" wrote

just me

Mar 26, 2003, 6:19:35 AM3/26/03

"Leigh Harris" <sp...@blackhole.com> wrote in message

> I'm a "downunderer" (love that word!) who can attest to the wonders of the
> TimTam! The world's yummiest chocolate biscuit, I believe. Only available
in
> the world's best country, I'm afraid. Anyone coming down for a visit? :-)

I wish. The best I can do is hang out at alt.mothers with all the other
downunderers [and a kiwi] and drool! Just *don't* pass the vegemite! Bleh!

-Aula

Cheryl Isaak

Mar 26, 2003, 6:38:46 AM3/26/03
On 3/25/03 7:55 PM, in article
2U6ga.33713$j8.8...@twister.tampabay.rr.com, "just me" <nos...@here.com>
wrote:

Aula,

Those sound wonderful!

Cheryl

just me

Mar 26, 2003, 7:02:23 AM3/26/03

> Aula,
>
> Those sound wonderful!
>
> Cheryl

They are. I ordered some once, from a different on line provider in
California, and they were just fantastic. The only problem I find is that
they are like Girl Scout cookies: too few in a box and gone far too fast!

How is the weather in NH? Brother just moved from Nashua to Vermont so I've
lost touch.

-Aula

Cheryl Isaak

Mar 26, 2003, 12:53:27 PM3/26/03
On 3/26/03 7:02 AM, in article
jFgga.34021$j8.9...@twister.tampabay.rr.com, "just me" <nos...@here.com>
wrote:

Hey! Nashua is just two towns over.
Weather is mild, but will change soon enough!
Cheryl

just me

Mar 26, 2003, 5:14:23 PM3/26/03

> Hey! Nashua is just two towns over.
> Weather is mild, but will change soon enough!

Well then, he was in Pelham. I wasn't sure if you'd recognize the town, but
if you are that close, I bet you do. I grew up in New England, live in
Florida now. Enjoy the violets and lilacs for me!

Cheryl Isaak

Mar 27, 2003, 7:34:34 AM3/27/03
On 3/26/03 5:14 PM, in article
3Dpga.46808$o8.8...@twister.tampabay.rr.com, "just me" <nos...@here.com>
wrote:

Will do!
Cheryl

Leigh Harris

Mar 27, 2003, 9:21:35 AM3/27/03
> I wish. The best I can do is hang out at alt.mothers with all the other
> downunderers [and a kiwi] and drool! Just *don't* pass the vegemite!
Bleh!

> -Aula

Yes, I think you have to actually be an Aussie to like Vegemite. It must be
something in the genes, even for a naturalised Aussie like me. I love my
Vegemite and have some every day, but I've never met an American yet who can
stomach it! You know what they say - no accounting for taste. :-)

Leigh

Yvette

Mar 27, 2003, 3:34:19 PM3/27/03
> Yes, I think you have to actually be an Aussie to like Vegemite. It must be
> something in the genes, even for a naturalised Aussie like me. I love my
> Vegemite and have some every day, but I've never met an American yet who can
> stomach it! You know what they say - no accounting for taste. :-)
>
> Leigh
> Perth, Western Australia
> Real email is bearleigh at bigpond dot com

Ok, I confess. I'm an Australian born and bred who can't stand
Vegemite! Give me Promite any day!

Yvette
Sydney, Australia

just me

Mar 27, 2003, 5:11:29 PM3/27/03

"Yvette" <ysta...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Ok, I confess. I'm an Australian born and bred who can't stand
> Vegemite! Give me Promite any day!

Ok, you stumped me. I've heard of and tasted vegemite and I know that
marmelite exists, but what is Promite?

-Aula
--
proponent and moderator for the proposed misc.kids.family-life, under

discussion now on news.groups

Caryn

Apr 1, 2003, 7:33:49 PM4/1/03
> I love my
>Vegemite and have some every day, but I've never met an American yet who can
>stomach it!

My oldest dd went to Australia last July, brought back a small jar of
vegemite...

One taste had her 6 yr old sister in tears!! I have never seen her react like
that to a new food before, she couldn't get the taste out of her mouth fast
enough.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 3/19/03
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)

Leigh Harris

Apr 1, 2003, 10:38:50 PM4/1/03
"Caryn" wrote

> My oldest dd went to Australia last July, brought back a small jar of
> vegemite...
>
> One taste had her 6 yr old sister in tears!! I have never seen her react
like
> that to a new food before, she couldn't get the taste out of her mouth
fast
> enough.

Well, you do have to get just the right amount. Too little and you might as
well not have any. Too much and you know about it! Of course, always put it
on some bread (or a cracker biscuit), don't just eat it by itself - even for
a taste. Oh no, not a good idea... :-)

And for whoever asked about Promite, it's much the same thing as Marmite and
Vegemite. I say much the same as they do all taste very different from each
other. I'm definitely "a happy little Vegemite" myself.

Caryn

Apr 2, 2003, 1:45:09 PM4/2/03
>Well, you do have to get just the right amount. Too little and you might as
>well not have any. Too much and you know about it! Of course, always put it
>on some bread (or a cracker biscuit), don't just eat it by itself - even for
>a taste. Oh no, not a good idea... :-)

>Well, you do have to get just the right amount. Too little and you might as
>well not have any. Too much and you know about it! Of course, always put it
>on some bread (or a cracker biscuit), don't just eat it by itself - even for
>a taste. Oh no, not a good idea... :-)

>Well, you do have to get just the right amount. Too little and you might as
>well not have any. Too much and you know about it! Of course, always put it
>on some bread (or a cracker biscuit), don't just eat it by itself - even for
>a taste. Oh no, not a good idea... :-)

it was on a biscuit, and her sister put it on as shown by a real Aussie, so the
amount should have been right. I tasted it, didn't care for it, but didn't
end up in tears~! lol

Poor wee one!

Pat P.

Apr 3, 2003, 11:53:17 AM4/3/03
I must say I prefer Vegemite to our own version - Marmite. Not quite so
much "bite" to it. Vegemite`s for Woosses no doubt!

Pat P

--
Pat Porter
East Anglian XStitch