Crafting Buddies! (Long)

Cheryl E.

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
Updated: November 10, 1995

If you are looking for a crafting buddy in your AREA to correspond with,
and maybe have it develop into a friendship where you can get together, then
you can e-mail any individual on the following list. If you feel that you
have time for one more friend and would like to be placed on the list, then
please e-mail me with the particulars.

-- CANADA ---------Sorted by City---------------------------------------

Kathy Area: Ayr, Ontario, Canada
(Close to Kitchener and Cambridge)
E-mail: kh...@dcs1.uwaterloo.ca

Crafts include knitting, quilting, cross stitch, needlepoint, well
actually I will try just about any crafts, haven't learned to
crochet yet though.

Cheryl Erickson Area: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
E-mail: eric...@freenet.calgary.ab.ca

Embroidery, beading, crocheting, fabric painting, painting
whiteware, polyform, glassworks, and misc. crafts.

Karen Bruneau Area: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
E-mail: pbru...@cycor.ca

Counted cross stitch, counted needlepoint, tatting, blackwork,
practically anything done with needle and fibre except sewing and
mending.

Tess Gleason Area: Edmonton, AB, Canada
E-mail: tgle...@bach.ccinet.ab.ca

Counted cross stitch (beginner).

Kim Trask Area: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
E-mail: a2...@unb.ca

Cross Stitch and Plastic Canvas. I am open to new interests and
just started a needlepoint. Also done some Hardanger, knitting and
other crafts.

Shirley Gillies Area: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
E-mail: Shir...@gov.nb.ca

Quilting, smocking, collecting books and patterns on quilting and
smocking, rug hooking.

Gail Burstyn Area: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
E-mail: gbur...@wchat.on.ca

Cross stitching and silk ribbon embroidery. Current group has semi-
regular cross stitch nights where some stitches gather for food, fun,
wine and encouragement.

Tracy Williams Area: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
E-mail: twil...@supernet.ab.ca

Sewing, quilting, cross-stitch, knitting, silk ribbon embroidery,
marbling, stamping, and anything else that sounds interesting.

Stephanie Pike Area: Richmond, B.C., Canada
E-mail: ep...@jumppoint.com

Printmaking, Riso Print Gocco, Airpainting, Ribbon Embroidery,
Decoupage, Paper Crafts, Papermaking; Marbling; Pottery, Latch
Hook Rugmaking.

Betty Area: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
E-mail: bm...@vaxxine.com

Counted cross stitch and sewing.

Tammy McCann Area: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
E-mail: tammy....@wisebbs.com

Cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, hand quilting, and plastic
canvas.

Jacquie Hansford Area: St. John's, NF, Canada
E-mail: jhan...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca

Counted cross stitch, crafts (all sorts), and sewing.

Donna Youmans Area: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
E-mail: dyou...@freenet.mb.ca

Hardanger, counted cross stitch, canvas work, brazilian, whitework,
blackwork, sewing, knitting, crochet, making pine-cone filled
baskets, pine-cone/dried flower covered wreaths. Most of my objets
d'art end up gracing someone else's walls, tables or doors.

-- USA ----------------Sorted by City------------------------------------

Rose Balasco Area: Altoona, PA (Central PA), USA
E-mail: cam...@aol.com

Cross stitching, sewing, cake decorating and reading.

Kim Johnson Area: Annapolis, Maryland, USA
E-mail: WildWes9

Counted cross stitch!! Would love to learn how to quilt.

Lexi Reynolds Area: Appleton, Wisconsin, USA
E-mail: lex...@peter.atw.fullfeed.com

Smocking, sewing children's clothes, needlepoint, painting whimsical
designs on old pieces of furniture, applique.

Kristine Ogilvie Area: Arlington, VA, USA
E-mail: ogi...@cais.cais.com

Counted cross stitch, rubber stamps, crochet. Would love to learn
to tat.

Elaine Turner Area: Auburn, Alabama, USA
E-mail: etu...@ag.auburn.edu

Plastic canvas, counted cross-stitch, ceramics.

Kerstin Tims Area: Austin, TX, USA
E-mail: ker...@tandem.com

Counted thread work, cross stitch, pulled and drawn thread. I adore
sample and Christmas charts; and also do quite a bit of sewing.

Deborah Area: Bear River City, Utah, USA
E-mail: BBl...@rockymt.net

Counted cross stitch, crocheting, quilting, and sewing.

Cynthia Riddell Area: Belleville, Il., USA
E-mail:
cynthia...@f10.n2250.zl.fidonet.org

I live in the Scott Air Force Base and St. Louis, Mo area. I like to
work on Pastic Canvas, cross-stitch and have worked with rubber stamps.

Shirah Winicur Area: Boulder, Colorado, USA
E-mail: swin...@psych.colorado.edu

Cross stitch, embroidery, applique, fabric painting, batik, sewing,
knitting, crocheting, metalry, polymer clay, beading, and anything else
that someone would be willing to teach me.

Linda Burgess Saffell Area: Bowie, MD, USA
E-mail: bur...@lbur.loc.gov

Mostly counted cross-stitch or Just Nan samplers with pulled thread
and other fancy stitches. Used to cross-stitch those itty-bitty kits,
'til I discovered r.c.t.n. and the world of charts and even-weave!
Also returning to some garment sewing and a bit of piecing for a quilt
pillow top or the like. Try to knit, do Hardanger, fabric paint, and
crochet occassionaly.

Sue Knitter Area: Cambridge, WI, USA
E-mail: Da...@aol.com

Crochet, cross stitch, weaving, sewing, beadwork, quilting, as well as
anything else that sounds interesting.

Pamela Swancott Area: Central NH, USA
E-mail: pam.sw...@lakesregion.mv.com

Counted cross stitch, backstitch alphabets and poems (sayings), all
types of crafts, especially "sweats" embellishments and decorations.

Dorothy Lipinski Area: Columbus, Ohio, USA
E-mail: dlip...@freenet.columbus.oh.us
Apri...@AOL.COM

Cross stitch, quilting, knitting, and crochet.

Brenda Finer Area: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
E-mail: bre...@dsmnet.com

Cross stitch, rubber stamping, some crochet. I would love to learn
quilting and tatting.

Diane Winter Area: Fairfax, VA, USA
E-mail: Grnd...@aol.com

Cross stitch.

Quindy Moritz Area: Falls Church, VA (Washington DC Suburb)
E-mail: hmo...@wo0033wp.wo.blm.gov
(via Husband)

40+ years of experience in tatting and crochet. Expert in pattern
design. Attend many highly competitive juried craft shows throughout
the Centeral Atlantic Area. Tatted Christmas ornaments, earrings, and
doilies. Crochet ladies garments - tops and dresses.

Mary Scherer Area: Geneseo, Ill., USA (near Quad-Cities)
E-mail: msch...@libby.rbls.lib.il.us

Cross stitch mostly, sewing some of my clothes when I can fit it in.

Marny Fischer Area: Hicksville, NY, USA
E-mail: msf...@ix.netcom.com

A potpourri of trades.

Lisa LeFever Area: Ithaca, NY (Central NY/Southern Tier)
E-mail: 11...@cornell.edu

I enjoy cross stitch, quiltig, making dolls and sewing in general. I
have also done a bit of crochet and knitting.

Etha Schlemermeyer Area: Jersey City, NJ, USA
E-mail: et...@genectr.hunter.cuny.edu

Any embroidery, especially silk and metal, whitework, blackwork,
would like to learn about brazilian. I am in Manhattan every day.

Sandy Schultz Area: La Crescents, California, USA
E-mail: petun...@aol.com

Counted cross stitch, fabric painting, sewing, cooking, gardening.
Am interested in learning more crafts as well. Would love meeting
someone from any surrounding area (Glendale, La Canada, Burbank,
Pasadena).

Jennifer Culver Area: Marietta, GA, USA (near Atlanta)
E-mail: Je...@ix.netcom.com
VJD...@prodigy.com

Cross stitch and counted thread work.

Jane McClure Area: Milwaukee, WI, USA
E-mail: mccl...@ix.netcom.com
(account is under my husband's name)

I like quilting, toll painting, sewing.

Mary Early Zuhn Area: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
E-mail: ma...@armadillo.com

Cross stitch, embroidery, sewing (I do designing and custom sewing
for a living), beading and all kinds of craft stuff.

Rochelle Leger Area: Monroe, WA, USA
E-mail: arl...@Gateway.Uswnvg.COM

Mostly Cross stitch, but would love to learn crochet and knitting;
and would travel within 30-40 mile radius.

Beth Barter Area: Morristown, NJ, USA
E-mail: ba...@cc.bellcore.com

Counted cross stitch, embroidery, needlepoint, floral crafts, fabric
painting, calligraphy, and rubber stamping. Can crochet and knit but
haven't done it in years, can sew but hates hems. Would love to learn
tatting, blackwork, silk ribbon embroidery, any kind of lace and just
about everything else!

Lani A. Weingartner Area: Mt. Pleasant, MI, USA
E-mail: 34n...@cmich.edu

Cross-stitching, crocheting, knitting, sewing, hook rugs. I especially
like cross-stitching religious and steam engine items.

Robin Duffie Area: Niagara Falls, NY, USA
E-mail: scotr...@aol.com
7626...@compuserve.com

Cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, appliqued sweatshirts. I would like
to learn to tat and find somebody in my area who could teach me.

Bea Merriman Area: Oahu, Hawaii, USA
(not far from Pearl Harbor)
E-mail: na...@aloha.com

I do lots of cross stitch and would love a friend that would maybe
like to get together once a month for a stitching session!! OR -
every two weeks maybe? Maybe our little group will then expand to
several more!

Sharon Arnold Area: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
E-mail: pie...@cwis.unomaha.edu

Counted cross stitch.

Sherri Wilcauskas Area: Philadelphia, PA, USA
E-mail: wilc...@sas.upenn.edu
wilc...@dept.english.upenn.edu

Counted cross stitch and needlepoint; beginning to teach myself
about crewel, fabric painting, and sewing; dying to begin machine
quilting.

Susan Taniguchi Area: Phoenix, (western side) AZ, USA
E-mail: Sus...@aztec.asu.edu

Counted cross stitch, knitting. Would like to learn tatting.

Elisa Eiger Area: Pine Brook, NJ, USA (near Parsippany)
E-mail: elisa...@prenhall.com

Counted Thread Work (cross stitch, hardanger, blackwork, etc.);
tatting; needlepoint; crewel; needlelace (reticella/ruskin lace).
Also: beadwork (loomed, beadweaving); jewelery making; drying flowers.

Paige McGhee Area: Richmond, VA, USA
E-mail: paig...@aol.com
paige...@richcon.com

I am currently doing "several" cross stitch pieces. I also enjoy
crewel and needlepoint. I consider myself a "beginner" and doing
small projects such as eyeglass holders (cs), baby cups and bibs.
I am involved in beginners round robin on AOL and looking forward to
that.

Sonji Kratz Area: Roanoke, Virginia, USA
E-mail: skb...@roanoke.infi.net

Cross stitch, beading, native american pow wows, longaberger
baskets, auctions, etc.

Mary Conner Area: Seattle, WA; North Greenlake Area
E-mail: tr...@serv.net

Counted cross stitch, sewing and I'd be happy to see and maybe try
out whatever someone else was working on.

Sherill Area: Southfield, Michigan, USA
E-mail: Cross...@eWorld.com

Counted cross stitch, needlepoint, fabric painting and will generally
try any new needle art form that looks interesting.

Susan Fyfe Area: Suffolk, VA (near Norfolk, VA Beach)
E-mail: sf...@ix.netcom.com

Counted cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, tatting, quilting, and
beadwork.

Louise J Weiler Area: Troy, New York, USA
E-mail: joh...@rpi.edu

Cross stitch mostly. Have been known to knit and crochet too.

Lara Campbell Area: Urbana, Illinois, USA
E-mail: mo...@firefly.prairienet.org

Cross stitch, beading, ribbon embroidery, flower arranging,
potpourri, painting figures, misc. crafts.

Kelley Seibel Area: Vancouver, WA, USA
E-mail: kel...@supra.com

All types of crafts. Regulars include cross stitch, needlepoint,
knitting, crocheting, huck weaving, and some sewing. Learning to
tat; want to start bobbin lace, and have first "big" quilt project
started. Am willing to learn new stuff and share knowledge; and
would like to improve knitting skills.

-- Other Countries ----------------------------------------------------

Rosie Kretschmann Area: Australia
E-mail: s33...@student.uq.edu.au

Cross stitch, machine sewing (my own clothes, children's), beading.
I would like to learn some Heirloom sewing techniques, including
hand sewing.

Gerda Behrmann Area: Bremen, Germany
E-mail: et...@genectr.hunter.cuny.edu

Sorry, no personal e-mail yet but you can reach her through the
above e-mail address. Interests are embroidery, all quilting,
some knitting, and gardening.

Please let me know if I have made any errors, or if you wish to be removed
from the list.

Cheryl

Cheryl E.

Nov 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/17/95
Updated: November 17, 1995

Counted cross stitch (beginner).

Cross stitch.

A potpourri of trades.

Mary Pappano Area: Manassas, Virginia
(approx. 40 miles West of Washington)
E-mail: MPap...@aol.com (Husband's Account)

Cross stitch, sewing (home decorating mostly), starting hardanger and
smatterings of smocking, piecing quilts, and "added stitches".
Particularly fond of samplers.

yu122880

Nov 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/18/95
to CHERYL
I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING SOMEONE WHO HAS THE SAME INTEREST & HOBBIES AS
ME. I WOULD HOPE TO EXCHANGE IDEAS, PATTERNS AND TECHNIQUES. I ENJOY
CROSS STICH, NEEDLE POINT, AND OTHER CRAFTS.

Cheryl E.

Nov 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/18/95

I'm sorry I can't e-mail to you either; but if you want on the list then
please post your name, area (city/town, province/state, country), e-mail
address and interests in the newsgroup and I'll pick it up there.

Don't know enough about the internet to know why this sometimes happens,
but it does.

Cheryl

ME LINHART

Nov 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/20/95
Ok, ok you don't have to yell;-) You've come to the right place. Lots
of people here with your same interests. Glad you could join us. Tell
us about something about yourself. Fellow stitcher, Mary Linhart

In <48jknb$l...@sunburst.ccs.yorku.ca> yu122880 <yu122880.yorku.ca>

Larry Lounsbury

Nov 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/23/95
to kh...@dcs1.uwaterloo.ca
Hi My name is Barbara Lounsbury and I'm a Xstitcher too. I also do
filet crochet when I have the time.I'm just learning silk ribbon
embroidery. I babysit full time, I bake and decorate cakes and do
computer graphics for local businesses. I have 3 kids ages 10,9,and
almost 7 and a husband who thinks computers are great(We have 2 so the
kids can use theirs) I'v been on the Internet for about 2 weeks now and
I'm having a riot!! I'm just starting up my latest project a sweatshirt
xstitched with Mickey Mouse on it in waste canvas for my son Matthew's
birthday. I live in Tillsonburg, Ontario and hope to get email from you
sometime. I use my husband's name for th internet email but from what I
understand my name is okay to use as well. Oreo is the name of our cat
and he sleeps on the computer desk so the address is with him in mind.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Keep on stitchin' Barbara Lounsbury<or...@Oxford.net

Cheryl E.

Nov 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/24/95
Updated: November 24, 1995

Counted cross stitch (beginner).

Cross stitch.

A potpourri of trades.

Counted cross stitch.

Tyrie Area: Portland, Oregon, USA
(Beaverton actually)
E-mail: Tyrie_J...@ccm.jf.intel.com

I have stayed focussed on cross-stitch. I am interested in learning
to kit.

Barbara Bandel Area: Raleigh, NC, USA
E-mail: mom...@nando.net

Cross stitch stitching on linen and evenweave fabrics, Crocheting
(afghans and doilies), Knitting (I like it, but do very little) and
Needlepoint.

Paige McGhee Area: Richmond, VA, USA

E-mail: mcg...@chris.com

Jill Migliardi

Dec 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/3/95
yu122880 <yu122880.yorku.ca> wrote:

> I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING SOMEONE WHO HAS THE SAME INTEREST & HOBBIES AS
> ME. I WOULD HOPE TO EXCHANGE IDEAS, PATTERNS AND TECHNIQUES. I ENJOY
> CROSS STICH, NEEDLE POINT, AND OTHER CRAFTS.
>
>Hi. I think you'll find a lot of kindred spirits on the net, and
especially in this newsgroup. For myself, cross stitch is my
addiction, but I also knit, sew, crochet, and do the odd needlepoint.
My specialty in cross stitch appears to be angels, as I find myself
buying all the new patterns, and have nowhere to put them. Of course
when my mother visits, she usually goes home with a minor treasure
trove of pictures. I have sworn to wind down my cross stitch career,
but whenever I visit my favourite shop, the girls there always have
something new for me, and I can't resist.

I'm also not very good at finishing things when something comes along
that strikes my fancy. Anybody else out there like that. You know, the
ones that have 30 projects half finished?

I also have two knitting patterns on the go, sweaters for friends, and
two more to do. There's just not enough time to get it all done. This
interruption called a job keeps interfering with my needlework! What
kind of needlework do you enjoy most?

Wyndham

Dec 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/5/95
>>Hi. I think you'll find a lot of kindred spirits on the net, and
>especially in this newsgroup. For myself, cross stitch is my
>addiction, but I also knit, sew, crochet, and do the odd needlepoint.
>My specialty in cross stitch appears to be angels, as I find myself
>buying all the new patterns, and have nowhere to put them. Of course
> when my mother visits, she usually goes home with a minor treasure
>trove of pictures. I have sworn to wind down my cross stitch career,
>but whenever I visit my favourite shop, the girls there always have
>something new for me, and I can't resist.

>I'm also not very good at finishing things when something comes along
>that strikes my fancy. Anybody else out there like that. You know, the
>ones that have 30 projects half finished?

>I also have two knitting patterns on the go, sweaters for friends, and
>two more to do. There's just not enough time to get it all done. This
>interruption called a job keeps interfering with my needlework! What
>kind of needlework do you enjoy most?

What, only 30 half finished projects? I stopped counting years ago.
There are some things it's better not to know!

Lydia
wyn...@neca.com

"We don't make mistakes, we do variations!"

Ellen Hartman

Dec 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/5/95
In article <4a0ioa$7...@cloner3.netcom.com>, mar...@ix.netcom.com says...

>I understand DMC has enlarged its line of perle cotton colors--I think
>it was size #8. Does anyone out there have this info? thanks!
>Martha Beth

The entire color list has been posted on Stitcher's Source home page for
at least a month. It is not just #8, there are new 12's, 5,'s and some
that have been discontinued - at least in their present format (ie,some
balls have been discontinued in some colors.)

Since Lesa is a regular poster to this group, and her address is on each
posting, it shouldn't be too hard to find this. I guess I am being lazy
and not looking up the address myself.

Hope you find it! Ellen

Pat Timpanaro

Dec 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/5/95
robe...@tamu.edu (Katherine Roberts) writes:

> As a follow-up to this question, does anyone know where it (DMC
> perle cotton) can be bought in large quantities? The range of colors
> is fantasti. I'd love to use it for some of my tablet weaving, but it
> is cost prohibitive...

DMC floss IS available in cones, so I imagine the pearl cotton might be as
well. Your local shop owner should be able to check with DMC and special
order it for you. There might be a steep minimum, however.

The color range might not be as wide, but check out Cotton Clouds
(1-800-322-7888) in Arizona. They have several weights of pearl cotton in
lots of colors. I can't remember if they sell by the ounce or by the cone.

Pat Timpanaro

Pat Timpanaro

Dec 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/5/95
mar...@ix.netcom.com (Martha Beth Lewis ) writes:
> I understand DMC has enlarged its line of perle cotton colors--I think
> it was size #8. Does anyone out there have this info? thanks!

This information was available at the Stitchers Source web site. I imagine
it is still there. I printed it out and have found it very convenient,
especially since a lot of the colors in my new design are ones for which
there is now pearl cotton.

Pat Timpanaro

Robin Panza

Dec 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/6/95
In article <4a1m7b$3...@news.tamu.edu>, robe...@tamu.edu (Katherine Roberts) writes:
> As a follow-up to this question, does anyone know where it (DMC
> perle cotton) can be bought in large quantities? The range of colors
> is fantasti. I'd love to use it for some of my tablet weaving, but it
> is cost prohibitive...
>
> Katherine

The best way to get quantities of perle is from weaving supply stores. I don't
know any in Texas, but there's a great one in California. It's called Straw
into Gold and it sells perle by the ounce or pound. Huge number of colors, and
I think (I was there last summer) it was in all 3 sizes--definitely in #5. The
store is in Berkeley, on San Pablo Ave., but I don't have the exact address at
work.

Robin P. pan...@clp2.clpgh.org
(general fiber freak)

Noel V. Nevins

Dec 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/6/95
In article <49tbmn$c...@news.compmore.net>, Jill Migliardi
<jil...@compmore.net> wrote:

> My specialty in cross stitch appears to be angels, as I find myself
> buying all the new patterns, and have nowhere to put them.

Oooh, I like angels too... but my devil's bargain with my craft-addiction
is that I'm only allowed to start *small* (read: "actually finish-able")
projects. (Thus the plethora of Christmas ornaments... cross stitched
angels, crocheted snowflakes, fabric & bead covered styrofoam balls). Do
you have suggestions of patterns of small angels that I might enjoy? I'm
just finishing the little ones from Leisure Arts' "Holidays Remembered"...
I think I'll mount them as panels on a few particualarly sumptuous beady
& satiny & ribbony styrofoam ball arnaments...

Noel

rll...@rapidramp.com

Dec 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/7/95
wyn...@neca.com (Wyndham) wrote:

>>>Hi. I think you'll find a lot of kindred spirits on the net, and
>>especially in this newsgroup. For myself, cross stitch is my
>>addiction, but I also knit, sew, crochet, and do the odd needlepoint.

>>My specialty in cross stitch appears to be angels, as I find myself

>>buying all the new patterns, and have nowhere to put them. Of course
>> when my mother visits, she usually goes home with a minor treasure
>>trove of pictures. I have sworn to wind down my cross stitch career,
>>but whenever I visit my favourite shop, the girls there always have
>>something new for me, and I can't resist.

>>I'm also not very good at finishing things when something comes along
>>that strikes my fancy. Anybody else out there like that. You know, the
>>ones that have 30 projects half finished?

>>I also have two knitting patterns on the go, sweaters for friends, and
>>two more to do. There's just not enough time to get it all done. This
>>interruption called a job keeps interfering with my needlework! What
>>kind of needlework do you enjoy most?

>What, only 30 half finished projects? I stopped counting years ago.
>There are some things it's better not to know!

>Lydia
>wyn...@neca.com

>"We don't make mistakes, we do variations!"

Count me in. I'd like to be part of the group to communicate back and
forth and share patterns, ideas, etc. I am new here. My name is Lori
and I have enough cross stitch patterns to fill a room. I am learning
to needlepoint. I found a book of famous Masterpieces (painted by
Degas, etc.) that were converted into needlepoint patterns. I didn't
have a clue how to needlepoint, but when I saw this book I knew I had
to learn. I am enjoying it even tho my talent level is not yet where
I would like. I have done all of the Precious Moments Christmas
cross-stitch I have been able to find. I know there are more. I have
the first 3 in the set. Does anyone have some of the others?

Looking forward to being part of the group.

Lori

e-mail me at rll...@rapidramp.com

Melinda Coss

Dec 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/7/95

I found a book of famous Masterpieces (painted by
> Degas, etc.) that were converted into needlepoint patterns. I didn't
> have a clue how to needlepoint, but when I saw this book I knew I had
> to learn.

Hi Lori, is it my Needlepoint Masterpieces book you've got there? If
so, let me know before you attempt one as there are some mistakes on the
charts.
Melinda Coss

Lee Thompson-Herbert

Dec 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/7/95
In article <1995Dec6.183226.4426@clp2>, Robin Panza <pan...@clpgh.org> wrote:

>The best way to get quantities of perle is from weaving supply stores. I don't
>know any in Texas, but there's a great one in California. It's called Straw
>into Gold and it sells perle by the ounce or pound. Huge number of colors, and
>I think (I was there last summer) it was in all 3 sizes--definitely in #5. The
>store is in Berkeley, on San Pablo Ave., but I don't have the exact address at
>work.

They also sell perle cotton in balls, of course.

Straw Into Gold
3006 San Pablo Ave
Berkeley CA

(510) 548-5241

--
Lee M.Thompson-Herbert lee @crl.com All spelling lames will be cheerfully
Chaos Monger KD6WUR deleted. If your hands were as mangled