Jean McIntosh Ltd. needlework patterns

Paul & Christine

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
Years ago I was able to purchase needlework patterns by Jean McIntosh.
They came in a cellophane wrapped package with a tartan background a
picture of the pattern. The one pattern I am still in possession of
says that they were printed/made in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've done web
searches and phone book searches but have been unable to locate them.
Has anyone seen or know anything about them. I live in Kitchener,
Ontario now and there a only 2 needlework shops in this area (that I
know of) as a source of info and they have been of no help.

Christine

Barb Miller

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
The last url I have for her is

www.jeanmcintosh.com/index.html

Haven't tried it for a while so don't know if it's still available. Worth a
try anyway.

Barb

Donna

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
I am so happy that you asked for the Jean McIntosh site, as I didn't think
to look for it. I have done many of her patterns in needlepoint and have
quite a few in my stash, however I looked at the site and am finding more!
The LNS stores here are carrying less and less needlepoint and more XS, so I
was thrilled to find this.

Donna S

Fred Kuhn

May 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/24/00
Yes they are still is business, their address is;

Jean McIntosh Ltd.
1115 Empress Street,
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada R3E3H1
(204) 786-1634
http://www.jeanmcintosh.com

Don't backstitch to e-mail just stitchit
Fred
Et in Arcadia Ego
www.stitchaway.com

"Paul & Christine" <pcb...@home.com> wrote in message

Jim Irvine

May 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/25/00
Hi Christine

The Shop I work at carries Jean MacIntosh Charts

You can reach Peter at Mag...@nbnet.nb.ca He may be able to help you out.

Trish

ozark...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 10:09:36 PM4/18/14
On Wednesday, May 24, 2000 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Paul & Christine wrote:
> Years ago I was able to purchase needlework patterns by Jean McIntosh.
> They came in a cellophane wrapped package with a tartan background a
> picture of the pattern. The one pattern I am still in possession of
> says that they were printed/made in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've done web
> searches and phone book searches but have been unable to locate them.
> Has anyone seen or know anything about them. I live in Kitchener,
> Ontario now and there a only 2 needlework shops in this area (that I
> know of) as a source of info and they have been of no help.
>
> Christine

Are you still there? A friend of mine died and left me her sewing supplies and it includes a dozen Jean McIntosh petit point kits. I'm putting them on eBay for a small price each. Just do a search on "Jean McIntosh petit point" and they should come up. If they don't sell, I'll re-run them. - Desmond desmondw...@gmail.com

ghsm...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2015, 1:27:01 PM11/29/15
does anyone have the pattern Poppies in bloom?

Shirley

Nov 29, 2015, 4:56:17 PM11/29/15
On 29/11/2015 18:26, ghsm...@gmail.com wrote:
> does anyone have the pattern Poppies in bloom?

you can get it here
http://www.jeanmcintosh.com/

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

ghsm...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2015, 12:03:21 AM12/1/15
This site does not respond to any communication attempts and it rejected any submitted orders. So, still looking for pattern 233, Poppies in Bloom.

lucreti...@fl.it

Dec 1, 2015, 8:08:20 AM12/1/15
On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 21:03:14 -0800 (PST), ghsm...@gmail.com wrote:

>This site does not respond to any communication attempts and it rejected any submitted orders. So, still looking for pattern 233, Poppies in Bloom.

Suggest you try ebay.com and perhaps thank Shirley for trying to help?

ghsm...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2015, 11:24:42 AM12/1/15
There are many Jean Mcintosh patterns on e-bay but unfortunately not that particular one at this time. Thanks Shirley and lucreti...@fl.it very much for your suggestions.

Shirley

Dec 1, 2015, 2:11:37 PM12/1/15
On 01/12/2015 16:24, ghsm...@gmail.com wrote:
> There are many Jean Mcintosh patterns on e-bay but unfortunately not that particular one at this time.

Thanks Shirley and lucreti...@fl.it very much for your suggestions.

Well I have just been to the website and clicked on catalogue and found
the pattern. I clicked on it to order it with the order icon on the top
tool bar. then it came up asking for which item I wanted. pattern only
$30 or three kits. Since I live in the UK and do not want it I aborted
the search.

Poppies are my favourite flowers.

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

lucreti...@fl.it

Dec 1, 2015, 2:40:24 PM12/1/15
Therein probably lies the answer. I tried to order some ghastly
sweater for my great granddaughter the other day - 21 Pilots (some
sort of group) Like you I got all the way to paying with paypal when
suddenly it said it does not sell to Canadians! lol It was an
American company.

linda1...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2016, 4:13:19 PM11/11/16
On Wednesday, 24 May 2000 02:00:00 UTC-5, Paul & Christine wrote:
> Years ago I was able to purchase needlework patterns by Jean McIntosh.
> They came in a cellophane wrapped package with a tartan background a
> picture of the pattern. The one pattern I am still in possession of
> says that they were printed/made in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've done web
> searches and phone book searches but have been unable to locate them.
> Has anyone seen or know anything about them. I live in Kitchener,
> Ontario now and there a only 2 needlework shops in this area (that I
> know of) as a source of info and they have been of no help.
>
> Christine

I too have a few works by Jean Mcintosh. There were 2 different addresses:1115 Empress Street and also 1064 Valour Road in Winnipeg. I am also in the process of trying to locate them. No luck so far. Have you made any progress in that area?

Linda

Joan Erickson

Nov 22, 2016, 12:51:29 PM11/22/16
Hi Linda,

It's doubtful the OP will see your answer...note the date of the
original post. Probably from sewgirls (or whatever their current
iteration it).

--
Joan

See my pictures here: http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

deb.b...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 9:06:44 AM1/12/18
I, too, have been on a quest to find Jean McIntosh needlepoint charts. The site Jean McIntosh.com does not respond. Three generations of my family have worked these needlepoint charts, of which I still have many.I love the colors. Same with Alice Godkin.
I did find a site through Pinterest called Vintage Cross stitch Patterns. Lovely German 1800's patterns. Again, the colors are lovely and worked in DMC. I bought a pattern this morning. They come to you via email in Pdf. One in color, the other in black and white.
I am so lucky that the same yarn goods store is still in the same place in my home town.
It was quite a search for charts. I hope this has helped. I can't wait to get started!

hls2...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2019, 3:08:23 PM12/4/19
I am chasing Jean McIntosh's red boy cross stitch pattern and not able to find it anywhere. Can anyone help me find it please

morecho...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2020, 8:03:53 AM2/17/20
Hi. Too many years too late but I lived in Winnipeg many years ago and actually got started doing needle and petit point through the Jean Mcintosh kits. I liked them because they came with blank 'canvas' and the printed sheets which were accompanied by the correct threads colors and amounts. They would also help you to replace correct threads to complete your patterns should you happen to have a chart without threads as a gift or like me with my cat, simply 'loser's a particular colour of thread. I loved those kits. Jean McIntosh went out of business many many years ago. I am uncertain why. Perhaps people found they preferred the preprinted canvasses, perhaps that needlework went out of fashion Perhaps the person designing simply closed it down, I also think that the counted cross stitch kits were becoming those favoured around that time. All I know is that I really miss that company. The only kits I see by them are those I have found in thrift stores on on line second hand. If lucky you have been fortunate but most have been open or 'attempted' and are missing thread colours. Difficult to get the correct colours needed. The kits also tend to sell as 'antique' now. Talk about prices skyrocketing. I keep looking for a company of the same type so far to no avail. You find one let me know. I'd love to find someone making kits like these again.e

Barb L

Feb 17, 2020, 8:45:13 PM2/17/20
Do you have the link fr the sitr

Barb L

Feb 17, 2020, 8:50:17 PM2/17/20
On Monday, February 17, 2020 at 5:03:53 AM UTC-8, morecho...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi. Too many years too late but I lived in Winnipeg many years ago and actually got started doing needle and petit point through the Jean Mcintosh kits. I liked them because they came with blank 'canvas' and the printed sheets which were accompanied by the correct threads colors and amounts. They would also help you to replace correct threads to complete your patterns should you happen to have a chart without threads as a gift or like me with my cat, simply 'loser's a particular colour of thread. I loved those kits. Jean McIntosh went out of business many many years ago. I am uncertain why. Perhaps people found they preferred the preprinted canvasses, perhaps that needlework went out of fashion Perhaps the person designing simply closed it down, I also think that the counted cross stitch kits were becoming those favoured around that time. All I know is that I really miss that company. The only kits I see by them are those I have found in thrift stores on on line second hand. If lucky you have been fortunate but most have been open or 'attempted' and are missing thread colours. Difficult to get the correct colours needed. The kits also tend to sell as 'antique' now. Talk about prices skyrocketing. I keep looking for a company of the same type so far to no avail. You find one let me know. I'd love to find someone making kits like these again.e

Hi A lady i knew did some petit point on the blue boy and pinky and when she was done they were so large and tall. They were taller then me as i stand 4 foot,i wish i could of gotten pictures of them back then but i was just a kid then..i did some needle point on the same ones but they were 5x7 and the back ground had color where you take the color wool and fill it in..i started it in 1977 and i didn't finish it until 2000. I didn't feel like doing it cause i was doing it when my grandfather was still alive as he pass that year..but now there done and i should hang them up

Susan Delaney

Mar 6, 2021, 12:08:07 AM3/6/21
Hello all,

I see this thread is many years old but perhaps if I've found it then others are still active on it:

In the early 1980's my family owned a trucking company in Edmonton, AB, Canada. As is common in that industry, boxes become damaged and the trucking company needs to pay the claim. As it happens, there was damage done to a box and we own a large number of both petit point and needle point kits by Jean McIntosh. They are NEW original kits with yarn and canvas included. Embroidery hoop not enclosed.

We have no desire to sell on eBay or similar but would rather either sell to a craft store or piece by piece to individuals. I have noted the prices on eBay are making the original company owners spin in their graves. This is also not our desire.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if looking for particular kits or if you are a craft store looking to buy a large lot. I know for certain we have in petit point:

1.Sad Sam (hound)
2.Butch the Bulldog
3.Scotty the Terrier
4. Pierre the Poodle

5. Pansies
6. Single Rose

7. Pepito
8. Pepita

9. First Nations Chief

Please don't hesitate to respond to this post if you are interested or have questions.

Susan

Oct 26, 2023, 2:31:22 AM10/26/23
Hi There, I know its a long shot but do you still have Sad Sam the hound? xxx

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/needlework/re-jean-mcintosh-ltd-needlework-patterns-655328-.htm

Susan

Nov 27, 2023, 1:00:08 PM11/27/23
Sorry I just recd this via email this morning. Yes, we do