RCTN Get-togethers?

Matthew Hoover

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Do RCTN readers ever get together (live and in person)
in their local areas? I would love to join a needlework
group in my area (Durham,Chapel Hill,Raleigh NC) or just
get together to gab and seek S.E.X.
Anyone interested? We could all meet for bagles...

Kathy Hoover
mhoo...@gte.net

ERivera308

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Hi Kathy

I did not think it would happen to me here in New York City. Finally a
group is getting together in Oct. for a get together. I think I am going
to be in the minority because most of the ladies are cross stitchers. I am
a needlepointer.

I have found that on a one to one basis, it is nil. People are afraid, I
guess. There were several ladies I e-mailed with but when it came to get
together on a one to one forget it. No more e-mail. It is very strange.
Then one day a lady posted a get together as a group and I believe there
are at least five people attending.. Go figure. :-)

Good Luck :-)

EdithNYC

EdithNYC

David & Michelle Kitson

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Hi
Yes i have gotten together with two readers and have just met someone else I
saw reading and when she emailed I replied and we then found out we live
around the corner from each other. Really great. It was quite unreal to meet
someone you have things in comon with.
thought I would let everybody know
Michelle
stratton WA Australia

Rick & Rosemary Woodhouse

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97
to Matthew Hoover

Yes Kathy, the Lancaster County/York Area stitchers get together on a
regular basis. We have anywhere from 4 to 12 show up for outtings. We
usually meet for breakfast and then go out for S.E.X. It is great fun.

I have also had the opportunity to meet some out of state stitchers
contacted through RCTN who have come to stay at our B&B. It's great
fun. Good luck with your outting.

Rosemary-I never met a stitcher I didn't like
--
Gabriel's Hill B&B: http://www.dezines.com/gabriels/ Updated 7/26/97
Family Home Page: http://www.epix.net/~gabriels/ Updated 7/12/97

Coleen

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Yes, we are having a weekend retreat called S.I.S.T.E.R.S. (Southern
Indiana Stitchers Taking Earned Retreat Stitching) in Evansville,
Indiana on October 12, 13 and 14th. We would welcome any area stitchers
to join us. Just e-mail me for details.

Coleen

PS: We will post a report after the weekend to let you all know how it
went.

Matthew Hoover wrote:

> Do RCTN readers ever get together (live and in person)
> in their local areas? I would love to join a needlework
> group in my area (Durham,Chapel Hill,Raleigh NC) or just
> get together to gab and seek S.E.X.
> Anyone interested? We could all meet for bagles...
>
> Kathy Hoover

> mhoo...@gte.net

Hank & Anne Reintges

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

>Do RCTN readers ever get together (live and in person)
>in their local areas? I would love to join a needlework
>group in my area (Durham,Chapel Hill,Raleigh NC) or just
>get together to gab and seek S.E.X.
>Anyone interested? We could all meet for bagles...
>
>Kathy Hoover
>mhoo...@gte.net

Hi Kathy,

I would love to do that too, but unfortunately I'm waaaaay over
west in the Blue Ridge (Ashe Co.) I know Raleigh has an EGA
chapter, have you looked into that? My chapter in Winston-Salem
has a stitching evening each month in addition to chapter
meetings. Since I live two hours away, I only make the meetings
:-(. I would love to join a group and just stitch.

Anne/ NC

Address has been altered to block junk bulk mailers. To send an E-mail
delete the ".uk" on the end of address. hgrei...@skybest.com

*** Please DO NOT include my name or E-mail address in any mailing lists
unless I explicitly make the request. In addition, please do not send
me ANY unsolicited advertisements via E-mail.

Kelly S

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97
Okay, is anybody out there near or in Tucson, Az?

KPaules531

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

For those of you who say you're the ONLY stitcher in a tri-state area,
post a message asking if there's anyone else out there. Our Lancaster/York
county groups has ocassional visitors from the eastetn shore of Maryland,
Pittsburgh, State College, etc. We welcome EVERYONE! You don't have to
live in our area - just join us. It's easy to say you don't "know" anyone
else but when we first got together, neither did we. Now - LOTS OF NEW,
WONDERFUL FRIENDS!

Happy Stitching!

JoAnn

BTW, you may want to be open to the possibility of traveling a bit to meet
others. I, for one, don't think anything within a two hour drive is
impossible. ROAD TRIP!

@pica.army.mil Lucinda

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Some of us in the NJ/NY/PA area get together about once a month for a
"stitchathon," where we talk about our latest projects, go on field trips
to stitching shops and eat good food. The best thing might be to just
advertise that you want to get together with people in your area, then see
if you generate any interest. Our group also includes some people from
#stitch, the internet chat group. And sometimes people bring friends
and/or relatives. It just seems to grow, though we have the same 6-8 "core
members," it would seem.

I would highly recommend trying to get a group together, even if you start
small. I have a blast at all of our get togethers. Needleworkers are the
nicest people!

Lucinda
--
lrasmuss @ pica army mil

ERivera308 <erive...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970917052...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

Stephenie Labovitz

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

Matthew Hoover wrote:

> Do RCTN readers ever get together (live and in person)
> in their local areas? I would love to join a needlework
> group in my area (Durham,Chapel Hill,Raleigh NC) or just
> get together to gab and seek S.E.X.
> Anyone interested? We could all meet for bagles...
>
> Kathy Hoover
> mhoo...@gte.net

I've been wishing for one here in Michigan, but there doesn't seem to be
anyone near Lansing. The only one that showed up in the Stitching Buddy
list has an invalid e-mail address (or so it says when I try to email
her).

-Stephenie

ILuvDMC

Sep 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/17/97

>Yes Kathy, the Lancaster County/York Area stitchers get >together on a
regular basis. We have anywhere from 4 to 12 >show up for outtings. We
usually meet for breakfast and then go >out for S.E.X. It is great fun.

Sound's like a lot of fun. Does anyone in this group live in central
Florida? Or am I the only cross stitcher in the area, I find that rather
hard to believe!

Teri

FunnEGirl

Sep 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/18/97

ANYONE FROM NORTHEAST OHIO WANT TO GET TOGETHER???? I know that there's
some hoity toity guilds around (Stan Hywet has a waiting list) but I'm
looking for a bunch to stitch with or shop with on a regular basis, rather
than doing a retreat that costs boo-koo bucks...there's one coming up in
Millersburg, Ohio that costs over $500 bucks!

Please let me know via email or the ng.

Denise Kissel
aka Funn...@aol.com
Akron, Ohio

Cathy Artigues

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

On 17 Sep 1997 05:22:36 GMT, erive...@aol.com (ERivera308) wrote:

^Hi Kathy
^
[...]

I agree that people are afraid to get together with someone they've
only exchanged e-mail with. There are so many horror stories about the
internet (probably mostly untrue or exaggerated) where people
pretended to be someone else; stalking incidents; etc; that many are a
little spooked. Also, some people may prefer not to turn their
pen-pals into face-to-face friends. If you do want to meet people
you've corresponded with, they'll feel safer in groups and in public
places. Try setting up a stitching meeting in a needlework shop or
library meeting room.

Cathy Artigues
cat...@cts.com
San Diego, California

ERivera308

Sep 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/21/97

Hi Cathy

I was glad to read that I am not the only one that feels the way I do. I
am a newcomer to the computer and I figured I would meet a lot of people
with the same interest and also get together.

I am attending the group meeting in October even tho I might be the only
one that needlepoints. Several others have e-mailed me to come.
Needlework is needlework whether it is cross stitch, needlepoint, etc.
Looking forward to the October meeting.

Happy Stitching

EdithNYC

Owned-by-cats

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

Matthew Hoover wrote:

> Do RCTN readers ever get together (live and in person)
> in their local areas? I would love to join a needlework
> group in my area (Durham,Chapel Hill,Raleigh NC) or just
> get together to gab and seek S.E.X.
> Anyone interested? We could all meet for bagles...
>
> Kathy Hoover
> mhoo...@gte.net

Hi Kathy!
I'm in Charlotte NC. Not exactly next door but not across the country,
either! I can be contacted at the above address (minus the NOSPAM) or
owned...@mindspring.com.

Alicia

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
"Tattooed opinionated soapmaking amazon women RULE!!!"
Lisa Kuney

Barb Bandel

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

Owned-by-cats <ali0...@nospam.email.uncc.edu> wrote:

>I'm in Charlotte NC. Not exactly next door but not across the country,
>either! I can be contacted at the above address (minus the NOSPAM) or
>owned...@mindspring.com.

Hi Alicia-

I live in Raleigh, but my son and daughter inlaw live in Mt. Holly.
It's time for me to visit them again in a few weeks. Maybe we can get
together and "shop"!

Barb

Mary Powell

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

Oh Rosemary,
I wish I was close enough to be in your get together I know it
would be such a fun group. I really enjoyed staying at the B&B and
Rosie and her family. Not affliated with the B&B just a satisfied
customer :)

Mary

>Yes Kathy, the Lancaster County/York Area stitchers get together on a
>regular basis. We have anywhere from 4 to 12 show up for outtings. We
>usually meet for breakfast and then go out for S.E.X. It is great fun.

FunnEGirl

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

In article <3422c573...@news.isat.com>, cat...@ibs-sys.com (Cathy
Artigues) writes:

>Edith,
> I agree that people are afraid to get together with someone they've
>only exchanged e-mail with. There are so many horror stories about the
>internet (probably mostly untrue or exaggerated) where people
>pretended to be someone else; stalking incidents; etc; that many are a
>little spooked.

Just to let people know of the positives...On my left typing hand I have a
diamond and a gold band from someone I connected with online...we've been
together for almost two years and married for over seven months. He is a
honey and a real catch...but I must say that we only lived 12 minutes from
each other but it took the internet for us to meet. So, except for the
exchanges online, we dated like any normal couple.

Denise in Akron

dfk

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

In article <19970923121...@ladder01.news.aol.com> funn...@aol.com (FunnEGirl) writes:
>From: funn...@aol.com (FunnEGirl)
>Subject: Re: RCTN Get-togethers?
>Date: 23 Sep 1997 12:10:40 GMT

>Denise in Akron

I also met DH on the net five years ago. We just celebrated our second
anniversary. However, we were at opposite ends of the country when we met. I
was in South Bend, Indiana, he was in Boca Raton, Florida. We met in the
middle and now live in Atlanta.

Dawn Flury-Krause

DBTurtle

Sep 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/27/97

OK, I gotta put in my funny story here..though it didn't(and hasn't yet)
ended up in romance or anything of that sort.

Two months ago I was online(AOL) checking on my email and messages from
this ng and someone IM'd me("Instant Message"--someone sent me a
message(not email) while I was doing other things and I could read it at
the same time) about my web page, complimenting me on it. But he had only
seen the first page and wanted to know if there were any pictures of me on
it....I get this inquiry a lot from guys online who just want nudity
pictures and want to know if my site is "worth" going to(worth meaning if
there are any "good" nude pictures and the like) Naturally I was a little
apprehensive and told him honestly how to get to the page with my recent
picture and warned him that it was not one of "those" pictures..fortunately
he was good natured about it and said that he was being genuine and not
just trying to "pick me up" so to speak. After he checked out the URL I
gave him he complimented me and started asking the usual chitchat
questions(How old are you? Where do you live? so on and so forth) and I
mentioned that I attend Trinity University in San Antonio. He said that he
was also in San Antonio(imagine that!) and went to another university here.
And he's the same age. So he asked where I lived, and, I mentioned a
close major intersection to give him a general idea(i was still
apprehensive), and he said hey, he lived there too. Then I told him what
apartment complex, and well, guess what? he lives in the same complex too!
Only a few buildings away. Isn't that funny? we're both students, same
age, similar fields(diff. concentrations...business), and we live
practically next door.
Well, the Internet is certainly a vehicle for meeting people who live on
your street...:)

BTW, we are friends, though not close yet, and have met and seen each
other's homes.

Mari
Dain Bramaged Turtle @)}-->---http://members.aol.com/Jylythe/index.html
"Floating beneath the sweet music of the dream garden symphony, winter
came like a delicate diamond of death in a bitter moment." HUH?

Heide Krch

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

Add me to the "me too" list of good net experiences. I met my dh on the
net 3 years ago. Fortunately we both lived in the Atlanta area. We've
been married a year and half now. :)
I've also met a local Atlanta stitching shop owner online first. Matter of
fact think I'll head to her shop this weekend to look over all the goodies
I brought home from vacation.

Couldn't be happier,
Heide

PS Dawn maybe we should have a GTG(get to togther), what side of town are
you on??

dfk

Oct 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/8/97

In article <61fv4c$7...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net> "Heide Krch" <hei...@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>From: "Heide Krch" <hei...@worldnet.att.net>
>Subject: Re: RCTN Get-togethers?
>Date: 8 Oct 1997 12:42:52 GMT

>Add me to the "me too" list of good net experiences. I met my dh on the
>net 3 years ago. Fortunately we both lived in the Atlanta area. We've
>been married a year and half now. :)
>I've also met a local Atlanta stitching shop owner online first. Matter of
>fact think I'll head to her shop this weekend to look over all the goodies
>I brought home from vacation.

>Couldn't be happier,
>Heide

>PS Dawn maybe we should have a GTG(get to togther), what side of town are
>you on??

Heide I'ld love to get together sometime. I'm currently living in Woodstock
(just moved from Marietta area, I use to live 2 blocks down from Abecadarius
<sigh>) Since Woodstock does'nt have a cross-stitch shop I still do all my
shopping in the Atlanta area. Let me know a shop and a time & I'ld be happy
to meet you.

Dawn

velasque...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2020, 10:31:44 AM7/28/20
I live in tucson I live on ajo way matter of fact my name is jaxxon