For sale

Kathy Haynes

May 23, 2001, 6:26:34 AM5/23/01
I have at last listed out the books etc and here it is.
I am asking just £4 for hardbacks and £3 for paperbacks
including P & P. Please help me dispose of these 8-)))
Anything that is not a book - any offers?

Kathy
east5...@virgin.net

Creation 6 with disks & books Passap Computer Disks and paperback
500 Cross Stitch Charted Designs Julie Hasler All Paperback
A Resource Book Pattern Supplement Kathleen Kinder Standard gauge
Paperback
Babies' Lace Pattern Book Modern Knitting Standard gauge with lace
carriage Paperback
Baby Boutique Sandra Williams Standard gauge Paperback
Baby Knitwear Standard gauge Paperback
Complete set of Carmen notes Carmen Reuter Passap/Pfaff E6000 Folder with
Stitch patterns and Reader Cards
Cross Stitch for Knitwear Janet Haigh All Hardback
Designer Machine Knitting Book The Rowan/Brother Standard gauge Hardback
Dolman Design Eileen Metcalf Standard gauge Paperback
Duomatic Knitting Mary Weaver Duomatic Paperback
Fun with buttons Wendy Phillips Standard gauge Paperback
Glorious Knitting Kaffe Fassett Hand knitting Hardback
Learn to convert Duomatic patterns to E6000 Jack Pullan Passap/Pfaff E6000
Paperback
Machine & Hand Knitwear Hazel Graeme Standard gauge Hardback
Machine Knitted Skirts Mary Weaver Standard gauge Paperback
Machine Knitting Book Vanessa Keegan Standard gauge Hardback
Machine Knitting Technology & Patterns Mary Weaver Standard gauge
Paperback
Modern Machine Knitting Baby Collection Knitmaster Standard & Fine gauge
Paperback
Mosaic Floatless Fairisle (20 & 40 stitch) Kathleen Kinder All Paperback
Mosaic Floatless Fairisle (24 stitch) Kathleen Kinder Standard gauge
Paperback
Neck templates Sew & cut templates for neck shaping
Passap System: Knitting & Pattern Techniques Vol 1 Kathleen Kinder
Passap/Pfaff Paperback
Passap System: Knitting & Pattern Techniques Vol 2 Kathleen Kinder
Passap/Pfaff Paperback
Pattern collection Standard gauge 5 paperbacks boxed
Pattern Collection No. 4 Hardback - patterns and punchcard templates
Pattern Library for Punchcard Knitters Hardback - patterns and punchcard
templates
Punchcard Pattern Vol.4 Hardback - patterns and punchcard templates
Ribbed Knitwear Standard gauge Paperback
Techniques in Machine Knitting Kathleen Kinder Standard gauge Hardback
Textured Fashion Bramwell's Standard gauge Paperback
The Artistic Collection Jo Beedles Standard gauge Paperback
The Book of Babywear Worldwide Machine Knitting Standard gauge Paperback
The Borders & Yokes Collection Iris Bishop Standard gauge Paperback
The Dressmaker's Dictionary Ann Ladbury Sewing Hardback
The Form Collection Model Books 35-44 Victoria Kearney Passap/Pfaff
Paperback bound (357 pages) Many shapes, men, women & children
The Garter Carriage Diane Bennett Garter Carriages Paperback
The Golden Rule Lutterloh System All or for dressmaking Boxes set, never
used
The Hobby Knop Collection Book 2 Jo Beedles Standard gauge Paperback
The Machine Knitter's Book of the Ribber Vol 1 Kathleen Kinder Standard
gauge Paperback
The Machine Knitter's Book of the Ribber Vol 2 Kathleen Kinder Standard
gauge Paperback
The Machine Knitting Book John Allen Standard gauge Hardback
The Passap Deco & Forma Kathleen Kinder Passap/Pfaff Paperback
The Passap Duomatic Mary Weaver Passap/Pfaff Paperback 2 copies
The Passap Duomatic Deco & Forma Kathleen Kinder Passap/Pfaff Paperback
The Passap/Pfaff 6000 Knitting Machine Irene Krieger & George le Warre
Paperback
The Revised Knit, Cut & Sew Book 1 Pam Turbett Paperback
The Revised Knit, Cut & Sew Book 2 Pam Turbett Paperback
The Ribbing Attachment Part 1 Mary Weaver Standard gauge Paperback
The Ribbing Attachment Part 2 Mary Weaver Standard gauge Paperback
The Technique of Slipstitch Denise Musk Standard gauge Hardback
U100E Transfer lock Angela Gordon Passap/Pfaff E6000 Paperback - Working
notes
Yoke Sweaters the Easy Way Joyce A. Schneider Standard gauge Paperback
Nursery Rhymes Wendy Phillips Standard gauge Paperback
Punchcard Picture Knitting Book 1 Jo Beedles Standard gauge Paperback
Festival of Flowers Wendy Phillips Standard gauge Paperback
Zodiac Scarves Wendy Phillips Standard gauge Paperback
Nursery Rhymes - Fairy Tales Wendy Phillips Standard gauge Paperback
Countyscene Electronic Wendy Phillips Electronics Paperback
Kids Fair-isle Iris Bishop Standard gauge Paperback
Rogues Gallery Bramwell's Standard gauge Paperback
Knitting Machine Maintenance Patricia Coulston All Paperback
The Linker Maureen Coxon Linking machines Paperback
Teddy Bears Wendy Phillips Standard gauge Paperback
Posh Frocks Suit Collection Ann Brown Standard gauge Paperback
The Pat Cook Collection Pat Cook Duo 80 Paperback
Masquerade Anne kent Standard gauge Paperback
Deco 101 - 330 Passap/Pfaff Paperback - collection of patterns
Various Model Books for the Passap/Pfaff Duo and E6000

Karen Younge

May 26, 2001, 10:59:05 PM5/26/01
Hi, I am thinking about buying a knitting machine with garter carriage, and would like to read about
them to find out more of what they can do--but can't seem to find any useful books here in the U.S.
I went out to visit two shops to talk to the owners and see what I could find out. One was closed
until Tuesday, and I have to be back at work then. The other lady spent most of the time I was in
the shop trying to talk me out of the idea. Now I don't know if I am expecting to be able to do
things with the garter carriage that it isn't really capable of--or whether she was trying to talk
me out of it because the brand of machine she deals in doesn't have that capability.

What appeals to me about the garter carriage is the ability to let it "run by itself". I am
imagining coming home from work in the afternoon to find a sleeve or something hanging out of my
knitting machine. Can they really do this? My situation now is that I have many more ideas than
time to knit them (I'm sure I'm not the only one, either.)

I see in the list below

The Garter Carriage Diane Bennett Garter Carriages Paperback

I'm not quite sure whether this is one book or two, but I'd like to know how much extra I'd need to
add to the postage cost for shipping them to the U.S.

Of course I'd also like to hear from those of you who knit with the garter carriage. What can you
tell me about it?

Thanks,

Karen

Margaret

May 27, 2001, 5:04:23 AM5/27/01
Hi, Karen,

I have been knitting with a Brother 950i and a garter carriage for some
time. It is a wonderful machine but it does have some downsides you should
be aware of. Yes, it does knit on its own - but VERY slowly. I mean
SLOWLY. About 2 minutes a full row of stitches. This means your knitting
machine is tied up for quite a long time. OK if you have two machines up at
the same time so you can be working on the other one whilst it clacks away
on the other. I should mention that it is fairly noisy so if you are living
above people who do not like noise, this could provoke problems with the
neighbours.

You also have to be around it if you want any kind of shaping. Therefore
your dream of knitting a sleeve while you are at work is only realistic if
you want to cut and sew the shape. Otherwise you will need to be there each
time you come to a shaping row.

It is also not advisable to run the machine for too many hours at a time
since you could burn out the motor. I am not sure how many hours this would
take but I try not to run it more than 4 hours at a time (and I think even
this may be pushing it) before letting it cool down.

If you were planning to do ribs using the garter carriage, you will find
that they do not have the elasticity of a rib knitted with a ribber. It
looks OK but does not spring in the same way. You also could not do the 2 x
2 commercial rib (one I am particularly fond of).

Having said all this, I still would not be without it.

Good luck.

Margaret

"Karen Younge" <karen...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

David + Anne Thompson

May 29, 2001, 2:17:16 PM5/29/01
Hi Knitters
The garter carriage i have knitted dozens of garments.
Have two machines and sometimes have two garter carriages going
together.
Mostly knit with DK superwash or two ends 4 ply.
They knit all day and I set it off again to knit all night.
I am lucky i have the room to keep the noise out of earshot.
Sometimes they work for 3 or 4 days and nights. Perhaps i
have been lucky but i have not yet burnt out a motor.
Have not used garter carriage so much the last few months
i must admit to getting a bit bored with the time it takes to
complete garment but i do like the finished results.
Regards. Anne
--
David & Anne Thompson
pope...@zetnet.co.uk

Steve & Rachel Pillar

May 31, 2001, 4:55:53 AM5/31/01
I thought the garter carriage was for 4 ply yarns.I assume you are not
knitting with a chunky machine.I would have thought double knitting yarn
would be too much for the garter carriage but obviously not!

I will have a go because it would make knitting a garment much quicker

Marian Prescott

May 31, 2001, 2:37:19 PM5/31/01
Hi everyone.

A friend of mine has knit with 3 strands of 2 ply cotton and the garment was
lovely. She also uses double knitting yarn and several strands of
industrial to get approx double knit thickness. I have some Phyllis
Waterhouse pattern books which use 2 strands of Bramwell's duo magic(3 ply)
which comes out as approx double knit. The garter carriage can knit with
the thicker yarns on a standard gauge machine. I would not try to use
chunky yarn though.

Marian
Steve & Rachel Pillar <stephen...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message

sesa...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2014, 11:18:40 AM10/25/14
Bonjour
Je souhaite vous acheter le livre :
Apprenez à convertir les modèles E6000 Duomatic à Jack Pullan Passap / Pfaff E6000
Broché

comment faire ?
cordialement

catherine...@gmail.com