Ohio brush company

1 view

Phil Kangas

Nov 29, 2009, 8:19:04 PM11/29/09
Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
I buy them?
phil

Ed Huntress

Nov 29, 2009, 8:48:26 PM11/29/09

"Phil Kangas" <pka...@alphacomm.net> wrote in message

Uh, ask Tom Gardner ("Buerste"). He owns the company. <g>

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch

Nov 29, 2009, 11:26:04 PM11/29/09

Paging Tom...Paging Tom..you are needed in plumbing..you are needed in
plumbing

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

Larry Jaques

Nov 29, 2009, 11:43:27 PM11/29/09
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:19:04 -0500, the infamous "Phil Kangas"
<pka...@alphacomm.net> scrawled the following:

(See, Tawm? I _told_ you it was time. <vbg>)

Phil, Burste will reply shortly to steer you to the man who can help
you. He's in tight with those oHeeO brush guys. <snicker>

--
Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 12:07:38 AM11/30/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@lightspeed.net> wrote in message

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 20:19:04 -0500, "Phil Kangas"
> <pka...@alphacomm.net> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know how to order hand scatch brushes
>>from this company? I've been to their wedsite but it is
>>not of much use apparently. Last updated 10july2000.
>>I tried contacting using the link off that website but no
>>answer. I use the small 'toothbrush' hand brushes for
>>tig on aluminum and in the past have found Forney and
>>Weiler ones but the last from Fastenal were made in
>>china! Sure they work but I'd like to find USA brushes.
>>Ohio brush looks like they have what I want, catalog
>>no. 300 code number 20016 but where in the world can
>>I buy them?
>>phil
>>

> Paging Tom...Paging Tom..you are needed in plumbing..you are needed in
> plumbing

Clean up on isle 3!

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 12:53:42 AM11/30/09

"Phil Kangas" <pka...@alphacomm.net> wrote in message

Sorry Phil, I did receive your e-mail at home and forwarded it to sales. We
are a manufacturer and our website isn't geared to retail sales, it just
contains catalog information for our customers. I have talked to Larry and
someday he will design a new website that will be somewhat retail friendly.
He's waiting for me to supply the photos and product information tables.

I see that you wanted 10 pieces of our #20016 and we do carry USA and
Chinese made brushes. As these are packed 100 to a box, I think the guys
would be looking for a partial box or they are out of stock. We don't
usually ship in less than box quantity and commonly ship case lots of 24
boxes. Call John McGuire or myself toll-free at 888-411-3265 and we will be
glad to accommodate your needs. Make sure you request the USA brand
although the Chinese brushes we carry are of very good quantity. We can
take Visa and MasterCard and I have a PayPal account too. These brushes are
also available in brass and nylon.

You bring up an interesting point. I DO believe that we could do retail
sales successfully and we have discussed how to formulate a plan to do that
but it hasn't been a high priority. If you have any suggestions that you
would like to share please send them to me at the address that you used.

Tom Gardner

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 1:37:54 AM11/30/09

"Larry Jaques" <novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote in message

As soon as we get a breather on overtime I will try to get the stuff you
need to do the website. I didn't learn procrastination, I TEACH it!

Winston

Nov 30, 2009, 1:46:30 AM11/30/09
Buerste wrote:

"the Chinese brushes we carry are of very good quantity."

(Giggle)

--Winston

Brian Lawson

Nov 30, 2009, 1:51:12 AM11/30/09

Hey Phil,

If you haven't got him yet, try Tom at both these emails.

<Bue...@att.net>
<bue...@wowway.com>

Ohio Brush is in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Tim Wescott

Nov 30, 2009, 3:06:36 AM11/30/09
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:46:30 -0800, Winston wrote:

> Buerste wrote:
>
> "the Chinese brushes we carry are of very good quantity."
>
> (Giggle)

You can get good quality stuff out of China. You can get astoundingly
_bad_ quality stuff out of China, too.

It depends on how well and how closely you ride the suppliers -- they'll
send the lowest quality stuff they can get away with.

If the Chinese took pride in their work we'd be in a lot sorrier shape as
a manufacturing country ('we' being damn near any English-speaking
country). So don't laugh too loud.

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 3:29:52 AM11/30/09

"Tim Wescott" <t...@seemywebsite.com> wrote in message

The Chinese will make exactly what the customer specifies. As a for
instance, I could have the Chinese manufacturer quote on this brush to have
302 Stainless alloy with "X" tensile and ""Y" hardness and "Z" roundness and
"A" surface finish. Each hole to have between 35 and 40 wires set with
staple wire having it's own set of specs into wood or plastic handles having
it's own set of specs to a depth of such-and-such +/- such-and-such, with a
pull-out force of such-and-such, packaged in "A" quantity in a box of
such-and-such dimensions made from "B" material thickness and crush
strength, etc, etc, etc, You get the picture. OR I could RFQ on the
cheapest brush possible with general specs.

The Chinese don't care, they will make whatever you want to pay for. They
don't make their own machines, they buy them from Germany, Italy, Belgium
and the USA. Those machines don't care what material is put in them. There
isn't much demand for high quality from China so US manufacturers have the
edge in the high-end market. Some Chinese stuff is DAMN good but it's pricy
too. The ones I buy are very good in their price range.

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 3:31:36 AM11/30/09

"Brian Lawson" <law...@ciaccess.com> wrote in message

Those are both fake e-mails after I received 10,000 e-mails per day from
people that disagree with me.

Gunner Asch

Nov 30, 2009, 4:54:39 AM11/30/09
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:46:30 -0800, Winston <Win...@bigbrother.net>
wrote:

They actually are very good quality. Ive used them. Better than Harbor
Freight too.

But the US made ones are farking fantastic.

Tawm makes very good brushes indeed.

Order some of their 2- 3" cup brushes and put em on your 4 1/2" angle
grinder. They last 4:1 over the regular ones when derusting metal..at
least 4:1

Put a 4" on your big angle grinder and derust a farking battle ship. All
of it.

And Ive had the same 6" Fine steel wheel brush on one of my grinders
for...hum....5 yrs now..and its now a 5.5" steel brush and has derusted
and deburred literally THOUSANDS of rusty tools, etc etc.

Really really good shit Maynard.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Nov 30, 2009, 4:56:55 AM11/30/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:37:54 -0500, "Buerste" <bue...@wowway.com>
wrote:

Yah know..you can have Dual websites on the same server....one for
commercial accounts, one for sales.

Its not a big brainer. Larry should be able to do it in a snap.

Hell..you can even link to the existing photos and pictures and put
different Stuff with em.

Pete Keillor

Nov 30, 2009, 6:53:01 AM11/30/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:31:36 -0500, "Buerste" <bue...@wowway.com>
wrote:

Let us know when you're ready to go retail. I'm interested, but I
need a few, or a metalworking hobby assortment, not a box of 100.
Thanks.

Pete Keillor

Karl Townsend

Nov 30, 2009, 7:20:37 AM11/30/09

> You bring up an interesting point. I DO believe that we could do retail
> sales successfully and we have discussed how to formulate a plan to do
> that but it hasn't been a high priority. If you have any suggestions that
> you would like to share please send them to me at the address that you
> used.
>
> Tom Gardner

I'm in a totally different business but I will say be careful here. We
delved into shipping small quantities of apples for a while. There a LOT
more labor here than you realize. AND high shipping costs made it a poor
deal for the customer. My lesson here was: stick with your priorities, don't
try to do all things for all people.

If you could do something like internet orders only, ship one day a week,
use only USPS priority mail packaging, have web site compute bill, etc. Then
just maybe. Most likely you take your best person that should be doing
something more important to baby sit this little monster.

Karl

Spehro Pefhany

Nov 30, 2009, 8:33:09 AM11/30/09

A book worth reading for those of us doing business over there:
_Poorly Made in China_. See: "Quality Fade"

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
sp...@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

Stuart Wheaton

Nov 30, 2009, 8:45:33 AM11/30/09

One could also say that if the American worker had taken pride in his
job (and I don't care if you are Union or not, you can care about your
own work) that the American manufacturing sector could not have been so
easily shipped to the third world. Once US workers were putting out 3rd
world quality at first world prices, the die was cast.

People didn't start buying Honda and Toyota because they liked
supporting Japan, they bought thenm because they were better quality,
more efficient, and cheaper.

Ignoramus2298

Nov 30, 2009, 8:58:17 AM11/30/09
There is a world of difference between cheap brushes (objects made to
look like wire brushes) and good brushes.

I have a four inch stiff knotted cup brush on my angle grinder, it is
in its third year of life and is not showing much wear.

The previous one failed after 3-4 uses.

I would like to know what exactly is the difference in manufacturing
them.

Phil Kangas

Nov 30, 2009, 9:24:57 AM11/30/09

"Buerste" <> wrote in message >
> "Phil Kangas" <> wrote in message

Thanks for responding, Tom. I'll be calling.....;>)) phil

Stormin Mormon

Nov 30, 2009, 10:47:40 AM11/30/09
I was thinking that. "drywall brushes, number one!"

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Winston" <Win...@bigbrother.net> wrote in message

Winston

Nov 30, 2009, 11:05:41 AM11/30/09
Tim Wescott wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:46:30 -0800, Winston wrote:
>
>> Buerste wrote:
>>
>> "the Chinese brushes we carry are of very good quantity."
>>
>> (Giggle)
>
> You can get good quality stuff out of China. You can get astoundingly
> _bad_ quality stuff out of China, too.

Yup. I haven't paid for any good quality stuff from China but
the medium quality stuff has suited my purposes just fine and
has been worth the money. I've also paid top dollar for crap
made in China (but I don't buy Sears electric drills any more.)

> It depends on how well and how closely you ride the suppliers -- they'll
> send the lowest quality stuff they can get away with.

The lowest quality you are willing to pay for, yes?

> If the Chinese took pride in their work we'd be in a lot sorrier shape as
> a manufacturing country ('we' being damn near any English-speaking
> country).

As others have said, you get what you pay for.
That is a worldwide phenomenon and has nothing to do with Pride.

Before the most recent economic bloodbath, I took great Pride in doing
an excellent job for my employer. 'An excellent job' was not required
or desired, though. It was considered threatening, apparently.
Who knew?

> So don't laugh too loud.

I was amused by Tawm's Freudian slip. I knew he meant to say
'very good quality' but the phrase 'very good quantity' made me giggle.

The Sleeping Giant is awake and just had his first cup of coffee.
I don't find that funny in the least.

--Winston

Wild_Bill

Nov 30, 2009, 12:01:45 PM11/30/09
When just 1 or 2 brushes will help get the job finished, KD Tools #2309 may
be available at an auto parts store.
The KD brushes are made in the USA (at least recently), with ss bristles and
a very durable hardwood handle, about $5.50 each, mounted on a blister card.

The local autobody supplies dealer has had them regularly for a number of
years. I generally always buy 1 or more when I'm there, because if products
aren't selling, many places will stop stocking them.

They're great for a lot of other purposes (soldering, cleaning files etc),
so they're handy to have around. I try to leave at least one new one in the
package for aluminum work (not contaminated).

--
WB
metalworking projects

Jon Anderson

Nov 30, 2009, 12:15:12 PM11/30/09
Buerste wrote:

> You bring up an interesting point. I DO believe that we could do retail
> sales successfully and we have discussed how to formulate a plan to do
> that but it hasn't been a high priority. If you have any suggestions
> that you would like to share please send them to me at the address that
> you used.

I believe you could do well with a good internet site, and hope such an
effort works it's way up the priority ladder.

Jon

Tim Wescott

Nov 30, 2009, 12:44:54 PM11/30/09

The little bit of direct experience that I have, backed up in the main by
friends and acquaintances who are responsible for getting quality parts
out of China, is that you still have to ride them. Like any other
supplier the quality of the parts you get will slowly go down until you
start to bitch, at which point it will (hopefully) go up.

It's just that the definition of "slowly" varies by company and country.

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

Nov 30, 2009, 12:44:56 PM11/30/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:29:52 -0500, Buerste wrote:

The little bit of direct experience that I have, backed up in the main by

Ignoramus2298

Nov 30, 2009, 1:00:34 PM11/30/09

I am with Karl here and I think that retail selling will be a very
expensive distraction.

Tim Wescott

Nov 30, 2009, 1:58:30 PM11/30/09

From your stated volumes that you sell, I think you don't want to do
retail out of your "wholesale" channel.

If you _did_ do retail you'd want to practically set up a separate
operation: hire someone with experience running a mail-order retail
business, set them up, and let them go. You'd to have clear policies
about how your retail shop gets stock (you don't want it starved or
there's no point; you don't want it getting first pick and undercutting
your customers, etc.), you'd want to start out with a firm idea of what
you want out of it, from no profit but lots of goodwill to a hard-ass
'make money or get out' attitude, and you'd want to think of all the
aspects that I'm leaving out.

If you want yet another significant tax on your time, energy and money,
setting up a retail channel is certainly one place to find it.

What may work better is to poll your customers for which ones do retail,
then post their contact information on your site under "our preferred
dealers" or some such. Of course, it's up to you if you want to take the
time to vet them, finding the one or two that are really superlative and
putting them at the top (thereby pissing off all the others) or if you
want to just post the contact info for anyone who wants you to (thereby
pissing off folks that get a raw deal from those inevitable fly-by-night
and/or insufferably rude operations that seem to make up 5-10% of any
wholesale operation's dealer base).

If you're really up to your eyeballs in alligators you probably just want
an unsorted dealer list, with some sort of disclaimer like "these are the
dealers who want to be listed here, we take no responsibility, yadda
yadda". Then let _them_ earn their markup.

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Bruce L. Bergman

Nov 30, 2009, 4:35:10 PM11/30/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:53:01 -0600, Pete Keillor
<keill...@chartermi.net> wrote:

>Let us know when you're ready to go retail. I'm interested, but I
>need a few, or a metalworking hobby assortment, not a box of 100.
>Thanks.

The assortment idea is good, but if they are buying direct from the
manufacturer they should expect to stock up a bit to get the good
'trade' prices. If they want ONE Piece, send them to a retailer.

And tradesmen use their specialized products more than the average
hobbyist - I could go through a pack of ten "stainless toothbrushes"
in a reasonable period, because I use them whenever I work with any
aluminum wire.

(As it is now, it's a pain to find the perfect sized ones, or you
have to buy a 3-pack with a brass and a steel that get thrown away. So
I use them till they fall apart, bristles all bent back...)

Make a reasonable quantity small pack like three to ten per style
for the scratch and scrub and sweep products, and stick with it.

For instance, if your hundred pack hand brushes are machine packaged
in cartons by making ten layers of ten in a 18X18X18 carton seperated
by cardboard buffer sheets, order the same sized cartons but only one
layer deep - 18x18x2.

Then all you have to modify on the packing line is pull and tape the
box every pick, rather than 9 sheets of seperator cardboard and then
pick. And then lower the same box sealing machine to flip the flaps
and tape/staple closed a short box of the same LxW dimensions.

Selling singles from open boxes can be done, but picking and packing
and inventory management will drive you mad - unless you want to hire
a kid or a retiree to handle it. You want to just grab the little
box, slap on a label, and drop it into the "UPS Out" bin.

--<< Bruce >>--

Phil Kangas

Nov 30, 2009, 6:28:52 PM11/30/09

"Pete Keillor" <> wrote in message

> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:31:36 -0500, "Buerste" <>
> wrote:
>

>>"Brian Lawson" <> wrote in message

>>> Hey Phil,
>>>
>>> If you haven't got him yet, try Tom at both these
>>> emails.
>>>

>>> Ohio Brush is in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
>>>
>>> Take care.
>>>
>>> Brian Lawson,
>>> Bothwell, Ontario.
>>
>>Those are both fake e-mails after I received 10,000
>>e-mails per day from
>>people that disagree with me.
>
> Let us know when you're ready to go retail. I'm
> interested, but I
> need a few, or a metalworking hobby assortment, not a box
> of 100.
> Thanks.
>
> Pete Keillor

I can see now how retail can be a royal goatf..k to deal
with..;>))
I'd be tickled pink to find USA brushes at the local
Fastenal.
Forney and Weiler are made in Mexico, at least the ones I
have
now are anyway. Several years ago I got some from Northen
Hydraulics and they were the absolute worst! I declared them
government certified safe for unsupervised tooth brushing by
young children! The wires bent and stayed bent on the palm
of
my hand! Silky soft firewood.......:>((
phil

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 8:40:50 PM11/30/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@lightspeed.net> wrote in message

The trouble is that to do web/retail sales the orders are very small and we
don't do small orders. we would have to build a whole new system.

Did you get my email about FFL?

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 8:58:46 PM11/30/09

"Ignoramus2298" <ignora...@NOSPAM.2298.invalid> wrote in message

There are some differences in methodology but the wire is the big
difference. Imports use wire that I could buy for $0.50/lb I use wire that
costs $6 to $9/lb. The alloy and temper are very specific to the brush
being made. I use different wire for 4" knot cups than for 6" knot cups,
otherwise it would fracture or wear wrong and not cut correctly.

dca...@krl.org

Nov 30, 2009, 9:20:05 PM11/30/09
On Nov 30, 6:58 pm, Tim Wescott <t...@seemywebsite.com> wrote:

> If you _did_ do retail you'd want to practically set up a separate
> operation: hire someone with experience running a mail-order retail
> business, set them up, and let them go.  You'd to have clear policies
> about how your retail shop gets stock (you don't want it starved or
> there's no point; you don't want it getting first pick and undercutting
> your customers, etc.), you'd want to start out with a firm idea of what
> you want out of it, from no profit but lots of goodwill to a hard-ass
> 'make money or get out' attitude, and you'd want to think of all the
> aspects that I'm leaving out.

> --www.wescottdesign.com

Another possibility might be to set up a child or grandchild up with a
mail order business. It would have to be entirely separate from Ohio
Brush so there would not be child labor laws problems. But you could
loan them the money at a very reasonable rate and provide guidance.
They could also sell seconds.
I would not look at it as a profit making venture for you,( might cost
you some money ), but more as an education for a niece, nephew , or
grandchild.

Dan

Ignoramus2298

Nov 30, 2009, 10:36:50 PM11/30/09

So, what is the difference between those wire types? Alloy ingredients?

Buerste

Nov 30, 2009, 11:11:03 PM11/30/09

"Ignoramus2298" <ignora...@NOSPAM.2298.invalid> wrote in message

A lot of wire that ends up in import brushes comes from the tire industry.
When they make steel belts they use 20 to 50 spools of wire at a time. When
the first spool runs out they scrap all the rest. Otherwise, the stoppages
to change each spool as it runs out would kill production. This scrap goes
into the cheap brush industry. Often it is brass plated. It's a hard-drawn
steel rather than oil tempered alloy. I use some hard-drawn but it's made
to different specs just for brush wire. Some foreign manufacturers make
good stuff but like American made good stuff, it's just not available to
consumers and is sold for professional use at a much higher cost. Not too
many people understand the difference between a $5 brush and a $25
brush...they look the same.

Ignoramus2298

Nov 30, 2009, 11:43:48 PM11/30/09

Thanks Tom. I did not understand the difference until I bought the
expensive one from McMaster-Carr. That one is made by Weiler.

Larry Jaques

Dec 1, 2009, 12:51:07 AM12/1/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:15:12 -0800, the infamous Jon Anderson
<jande...@comcast.net> scrawled the following:

Let me echo that. ;)
(Sincerely)

Gunner Asch

Dec 1, 2009, 1:36:17 AM12/1/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:40:50 -0500, "Buerste" <bue...@wowway.com>
wrote:

Indeed. Ive been following the thread closely.

>Did you get my email about FFL?

Did you get my lengthy response?

Buerste

Dec 1, 2009, 4:25:57 AM12/1/09

"Ignoramus2298" <ignora...@NOSPAM.2298.invalid> wrote in message

Carl Weiler is so anal he inspects items on the shelf to make sure the
labels are perfectly straight. They are at least 20 times my size and
tolerate NO small orders or even direct contact with the plant. But they do
have application engineers for their customers to maximize their operation.
They will refer people to their dealer network. A class act! ...except
they will slit your throat in a millisecond to steal a customer.

All of the American manufacturers buy wire from the same domestic suppliers
for the good stuff. That's why if you get a Weiler, Pferd-Milwaukee, Osborn
or Ohio, the brushes use the same or similar wire and will perform about the
same. The real trick is matching the right brush with the right wire
diameter, alloy and temper, at the right RPM, the right pressure, to the
application. Well, I know you have already learned that!

Buerste

Dec 1, 2009, 4:35:54 AM12/1/09

"Larry Jaques" <novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote in message

We want to redo the existing site and start a new business with a new name
and all. Unfortunately, we don't have "Romantic" products. Sister Pat has
an MBA in Marketing so she has to develop the business plan. I think we
need a number of "Me-To" items that will be symbiotic with our products.
The Food Service market is a shit-load bigger than industrial or home-shop.
And, 80% of my products go into Food Service. If it was up to me, I would
abandon the hardware market entirely. We'll see, as soon as we catch up. I
do feel guilty being so stuffed in this economy, I know people are
hurting...but, they STILL go out to eat! Go figure.

Buerste

Dec 1, 2009, 4:39:43 AM12/1/09

> Did you get my lengthy response?
>
> Gunner

Guess not, please resend.

Gunner Asch

Dec 1, 2009, 5:50:01 AM12/1/09

Will do.

Ignoramus11104

Dec 1, 2009, 8:51:17 AM12/1/09

OK, good to know. The difference between good and bad brushes is night
and day.

I remember how you explained that a brush will last longer on a 1 HP,
3450 RPM motor than on a 1/2 HP 1740 RPM motor, that was a revelation.
(and an advice that worked great for me).

Larry Jaques

Dec 1, 2009, 5:36:14 PM12/1/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:40:50 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
<bue...@wowway.com> scrawled the following:

Most of my clients teach it. DAMHIKT. OK, I'm going back to sleep.

>> Yah know..you can have Dual websites on the same server....one for
>> commercial accounts, one for sales.
>>
>> Its not a big brainer. Larry should be able to do it in a snap.
>>
>> Hell..you can even link to the existing photos and pictures and put
>> different Stuff with em.
>>
>> Gunner
>>

>The trouble is that to do web/retail sales the orders are very small and we
>don't do small orders. we would have to build a whole new system.

You need a highly paid (hah!) outside salesman to handle that for you,
sir. (raises hand)

Larry Jaques

Dec 1, 2009, 5:43:44 PM12/1/09
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:58:46 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
<bue...@wowway.com> scrawled the following:

I picked up a six-pack of so-called wire brushes from HF a year ago
and both the brass and steel brush wires bent over 90 degrees within
the first minute of use, staying that way after I took the pressure
off. They're absolute shit. Cheap import cup brushes have forced me
to wear heavy jacket (for sleeves), full face shield, and muffs (to
keep the wires out of my earlobes) when I use them. Now that I have a
Januwine Ohio Brush cup brush, I can go back to working without all
that super hot protective gear again. It doesn't instantly shed wire
at me. (Face shield and eyeglasses remain, though.)

IOW, there is an extreme difference in brush wire that you can spot
before buying a brush. Bend it. If it stays bent (untempered), run
away. You make good chit, Tawm. People don't run away from your
brushes.

Larry Jaques

Dec 1, 2009, 5:52:14 PM12/1/09
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 04:35:54 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
<bue...@wowway.com> scrawled the following:

>"Larry Jaques" <novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:15:12 -0800, the infamous Jon Anderson
>> <jande...@comcast.net> scrawled the following:

>>>I believe you could do well with a good internet site, and hope such an
>>>effort works it's way up the priority ladder.
>>
>> Let me echo that. ;)
>> (Sincerely)
>>
>> --
>> Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.
>
>We want to redo the existing site and start a new business with a new name
>and all. Unfortunately, we don't have "Romantic" products. Sister Pat has
>an MBA in Marketing so she has to develop the business plan. I think we
>need a number of "Me-To" items that will be symbiotic with our products.
>The Food Service market is a shit-load bigger than industrial or home-shop.
>And, 80% of my products go into Food Service. If it was up to me, I would
>abandon the hardware market entirely.

Why is that, Tom? Don't they rely on you, too? And doesn't the
hardware market make up some of the sales (or become a higher percent
of the sales) when the food service is slow for a time?

> We'll see, as soon as we catch up. I
>do feel guilty being so stuffed in this economy, I know people are
>hurting...but, they STILL go out to eat! Go figure.

My neighbors across the street are an 80 year old man and 50-something
daughter. (His wife died a few years ago) They go out to eat for all
lunches and dinners, 365 days a year. It appears that neither of them
knows how to boil an egg, and neither is willing to learn. Go figure.

Buerste

Dec 1, 2009, 6:14:32 PM12/1/09

"Larry Jaques" <novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote in message

I can't compete with the Spanish Prison System for the hardware quality
do-it-yourself market. They are heavily government subsidized, use shit
material and get past US labeling laws.

GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Dec 2, 2009, 11:15:47 PM12/2/09
wrote:

>> <Bue...@att.net>
>> <bue...@wowway.com>
>>

>Those are both fake e-mails after I received 10,000 e-mails per day from
>people that disagree with me.

You missed the zipped file of bullet casting stuff I sent you. Also
sent it to the contact at the factory, but you must not have gotten
that either. It's been a few weeks.

RWL

Christopher Tidy

Dec 3, 2009, 3:51:12 PM12/3/09

I bought five Osborn knotted cup brushes, thinking that cup brushes
didn't last long. At that point I'd gone through several cheap cup
brushes on a single job. The first Osborn brush lasted me three years.
I'm now onto the second.

Chris

Phil Kangas

Dec 3, 2009, 5:54:29 PM12/3/09

"Christopher Tidy" <> wrote in message > Ignoramus2298
wrote:

Maybe that's why it's so hard to find good stuff. Buy a good
one and
it lasts but the guy making them can't sell you any more
because
the one you have is still on the job so the maker goes tits
up, nobody is
buying more. The guy making the junk is busy making more to
keep you,
and him, going. But then you don't get anything done and the
brushes
end up costing you an arm and a leg and you go broke. We
_all_ need
to buy the right tool even if it costs more and if we _all_
did that we'd
all be happy campers, eih?
phil