Wall Street Journal sizes up Obama....

Gunner

Aug 14, 2012, 11:08:53 PM8/14/12
Subject: Wall Street Journal Sizes Up Obama

Subject: Wall Street Journal - MUST READ

( Please note - not 1 racist comment)

Wall Street Journal Sizes Up Obama

A "deadly" article regarding Obama,in the Wall Street Journal,
which today is the most widely circulated newspaper in America .

Article from the Wall Street Journal - by Alan Caruba:

"I have this theory about Barack Obama. I think he's led a kind of
make-believe life in which money was provided and doors were opened
because at some point early on somebody or some group
(George Soros anybody?) took a look at this tall, good looking,
half-white, half-black, young man with an exotic African/Muslim name
and concluded he could be guided toward a life in politics where his
facile speaking skills could even put him in the White House.

In a very real way, he has been a young man in a very big hurry.
Who else do you know has written two memoirs before the age of 45?
"Dreams of My Father" was published in 1995 when he was only 34 years
old. The "Audacity of Hope" followed in
2006. If, indeed, he did write them himself. There are some who
think that his mentor and friend, Bill Ayers, a man who calls himself
a "communist with a small 'c'" was the real author.

His political skills consisted of rarely voting on anything that
might be deemed controversial. He went from a legislator in the
Illinois legislature to the Senator from that state because he had the
good fortune of having Mayor Daley's formidable political machine at
his disposal.

He was in the U.S. Senate so briefly that his bid for the
presidency was either an act of astonishing self-confidence or part of
some greater game plan that had been determined before he first
stepped foot in the Capital. How, many must wonder, was he selected to
be a 2004 keynote speaker at the Democrat convention that nominated
John Kerry when virtually no one had ever even heard of him before?

He outmaneuvered Hillary Clinton in primaries. He took Iowa by
storm. A charming young man, an anomaly in the state with a very small
black population, he oozed "cool" in a place where agriculture was the
antithesis of cool. He dazzled the locals. And he had an army of
volunteers drawn to a charisma that hid any real substance.

And then he had the great good fortune of having the Republicans
select one of the most inept candidates for the presidency since Bob
Dole. And then John McCain did something crazy. He picked Sarah Palin,
an unknown female governor from the very distant state of Alaska . It
was a ticket that was reminiscent of
1984's Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro and they went down to
defeat.

The mainstream political media fell in love with him. It was a
schoolgirl crush with febrile commentators like Chris Mathews swooning
then and now over the man. The venom directed against McCain and, in
particular, Palin, was extraordinary.

Now, 3 full years into his presidency, all of those gilded years
leading up to the White House have left him unprepared to be
President. Left to his own instincts, he has a talent for saying the
wrong thing at the wrong time. It swiftly became a joke that he could
not deliver even the briefest of statements without the ever-present
Tele-Prompters.

Far worse, however, is his capacity to want to "wish away" some
terrible realities, not the least of which is the Islamist intention
to destroy America and enslave the West. Any student of history knows
how swiftly Islam initially spread. It knocked on the doors of Europe,
having gained a foothold in Spain .

The great crowds that greeted him at home or on his campaign
"world tour" were no substitute for having even the slightest grasp of
history and the reality of a world filled with really bad people with
really bad intentions.

Oddly and perhaps even inevitably, his political experience, a
cakewalk, has positioned him to destroy the Democrat Party's hold on
power in Congress because in the end it was never about the Party. It
was always about his communist ideology, learned at an early age from
family, mentors, college professors, and extreme leftist friends and
colleagues.

Obama is a man who could deliver a snap judgment about a Boston
police officer who arrested an "obstreperous" Harvard
professor-friend, but would warn Americans against "jumping to
conclusions" about a mass murderer at Fort Hood who shouted "Allahu
Akbar." The absurdity of that was lost on no one. He has since
compounded this by calling the Christmas bomber "an isolated
extremist" only to have to admit a day or two later that he was part
of an al Qaeda plot.

He is a man who could strive to close down our detention facility
at Guantanamo even though those released were known to have returned
to the battlefield against America . He could even instruct his
Attorney General to afford the perpetrator of 9/11 a civil trial when
no one else would ever even consider such an obscenity. And he is a
man who could wait three days before having anything to say about the
perpetrator of yet another terrorist attack on Americans and then have
to elaborate on his remarks the following day because his first
statement was so lame.

The pattern repeats itself. He either blames any problem on the
Bush administration or he naively seeks to wish away the truth.

Knock, knock. Anyone home? Anyone there? Barack Obama exists only
as the sock puppet of his handlers, of the people who have maneuvered
and manufactured this pathetic individual's life.

When anyone else would quickly and easily produce a birth
certificate, this man spent over a million dollars to deny access to
his. Most other documents, the paper trail we all leave in our wake,
have been sequestered from review. He has lived a make-believe life
whose true facts remain hidden.

We laugh at the ventriloquist's dummy, but what do you do when the
dummy is President of the United States?

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Existential Angst

Aug 15, 2012, 12:38:13 AM8/15/12
"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message
> Subject: Wall Street Journal Sizes Up Obama
>
> Subject: Wall Street Journal - MUST READ

Dood....
Inneresting as this article was, it could not POSSIBLY have appeared in
the WSJ.
To wit:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/makebelieve.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/Eddie-Sessions-WSJ.htm

Having said that, the article raises some very inneresting points. TWO
memoirs, before age 45??? Goodgawd....
.Bottom line, it is impossible to know what to believe any more.
--
EA

mike

Aug 15, 2012, 1:27:46 AM8/15/12

> .Bottom line, it is impossible to know what to believe any more.

You can't get to the white house without being a puppet. One is just
about as bad as the other.

In November, we have the option to elect a president from the
same party that we'll grant a voting majority in both the house and senate.
Something must get done. I don't know what that is, but Something
must happen to get this country back on track.
You can fix a mistake.
You can't fix INACTION, which is what we have now.

Existential Angst

Aug 15, 2012, 1:50:08 AM8/15/12
"mike" <spa...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 8/14/2012 9:38 PM, Existential Angst wrote:
>
>> .Bottom line, it is impossible to know what to believe any more.
>
> You can't get to the white house without being a puppet. One is just
> about as bad as the other.

Pretty much. Nonpuppets get shot -- Reagan being the exception, of course.

> In November, we have the option to elect a president from the
> same party that we'll grant a voting majority in both the house and
> senate.
> Something must get done. I don't know what that is, but Something
> must happen to get this country back on track.
> You can fix a mistake.
> You can't fix INACTION, which is what we have now.

Oh, Mitt Rommel will get things done alright, quite apropos of the Mike
Bloomberg Manhattan Dream:

Have every working class muthafucka living in barracks, and being shipped
to/fro work (11 hrs/day, 6 days/wk) in an un-airconditioned yellow bus.

Hope you like baloney sandwiches.

Oh, the inaction thing.... please.... there is plenty of action. You just
can't see it, which is just as well, as sed action would be like watching
your own surgery being performed, real-time.
--
EA

Tom Gardner

Aug 15, 2012, 2:02:40 AM8/15/12
On 8/14/2012 11:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
> Subject: Wall Street Journal Sizes Up Obama
>\\\snip\\\
>How, many must wonder, was he selected to
> be a 2004 keynote speaker at the Democrat convention that nominated
> John Kerry when virtually no one had ever even heard of him before?

I was very impressed with that speech! Who wasn't? He has an oratory
gift...or I should say he HAD an oratory gift. All but his closest,
blind followers are immune after his constant blatant lies, massive
failures and the immoral destruction of what is good about America.
AND, the FACT that he gave my mother cancer and killed her in 21 days!

But, Obama could eat live babies on stage and the MSM would applaud him
and block any outrage. I don't understand what they get out of the
deal, are they just Kool-Aid drunk or is objective journalism just plain
dead?

Gunner

Aug 15, 2012, 4:02:52 AM8/15/12
On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:38:13 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<fit...@optonline.net> wrote:

>"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message
>> Subject: Wall Street Journal Sizes Up Obama
>>
>> Subject: Wall Street Journal - MUST READ
>

>Dood....
> Inneresting as this article was, it could not POSSIBLY have appeared in
>the WSJ.
>To wit:
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/makebelieve.asp
>
>http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/Eddie-Sessions-WSJ.htm
>
>Having said that, the article raises some very inneresting points. TWO
>memoirs, before age 45??? Goodgawd....
>.Bottom line, it is impossible to know what to believe any more.

http://online.wsj.com/search/term.html?KEYWORDS=+Alan+Caruba%3A&mod=DNH_S

Read it and behold.

Gunner

Gunner

Aug 15, 2012, 4:18:24 AM8/15/12

Existential Angst

Aug 15, 2012, 4:24:42 AM8/15/12
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:38:13 -0400, "Existential Angst"
> <fit...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message
>>> Subject: Wall Street Journal Sizes Up Obama
>>>
>>> Subject: Wall Street Journal - MUST READ
>>

>>Dood....
>> Inneresting as this article was, it could not POSSIBLY have appeared in
>>the WSJ.
>>To wit:
>> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/makebelieve.asp
>>
>>http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/Eddie-Sessions-WSJ.htm
>>
>>Having said that, the article raises some very inneresting points. TWO
>>memoirs, before age 45??? Goodgawd....
>>.Bottom line, it is impossible to know what to believe any more.
>
> http://online.wsj.com/search/term.html?KEYWORDS=+Alan+Caruba%3A&mod=DNH_S
>
> Read it and behold.

Dood,
There were 487 hits on "Alan".... which one am I sposed to read?
I changed the search to "Caruba" and got ZERO hits.... find the actual
link to the full article in WSJ and I'll blow you.
--
EA

jim

Aug 15, 2012, 7:56:32 AM8/15/12

mike wrote:

> You can't fix INACTION, which is what we have now.

When Congress starts to ACT you are going to be greatly
missing the days of inaction.

John B.

Aug 15, 2012, 8:39:12 AM8/15/12
On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 01:02:52 -0700, Gunner <Gunner Asch> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:38:13 -0400, "Existential Angst"
><fit...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message
>>> Subject: Wall Street Journal Sizes Up Obama
>>>
>>> Subject: Wall Street Journal - MUST READ
>>

>>Dood....
>> Inneresting as this article was, it could not POSSIBLY have appeared in
>>the WSJ.
>>To wit:
>> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/makebelieve.asp
>>
>>http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/Eddie-Sessions-WSJ.htm
>>
>>Having said that, the article raises some very inneresting points. TWO
>>memoirs, before age 45??? Goodgawd....
>>.Bottom line, it is impossible to know what to believe any more.
>
>http://online.wsj.com/search/term.html?KEYWORDS=+Alan+Caruba%3A&mod=DNH_S
>
>Read it and behold.

Apparently it originated with Alan Caruba's blog and was incorrectly
attributed to the WSJ. See
http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/2010/01/obamas-make-believe-life.html
and
http://lockdoc1.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/obama-article-from-the-wall-street-journal-forum-by-eddie-sessions/

But regardless of where it originated it does make some very valid
points.
Cheers,
John B.

Existential Angst

Aug 15, 2012, 12:09:30 PM8/15/12
"jim" <"sjedgingN0Sp"@m...@mwt.net> wrote in message
Exactamundo....

And, soon, we will ALL be saying "exactamundo", altho with regional accents.
--
EA

Gunner

Aug 15, 2012, 12:14:20 PM8/15/12
On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 04:24:42 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<fit...@optonline.net> wrote:

>"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:38:13 -0400, "Existential Angst"
>> <fit...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>>"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message

>>>Dood....
>>> Inneresting as this article was, it could not POSSIBLY have appeared in
>>>the WSJ.
>>>To wit:
>>> http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/makebelieve.asp
>>>
>>>http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/Eddie-Sessions-WSJ.htm
>>>
>>>Having said that, the article raises some very inneresting points. TWO
>>>memoirs, before age 45??? Goodgawd....
>>>.Bottom line, it is impossible to know what to believe any more.
>>
>> http://online.wsj.com/search/term.html?KEYWORDS=+Alan+Caruba%3A&mod=DNH_S
>>
>> Read it and behold.
>
>Dood,
> There were 487 hits on "Alan".... which one am I sposed to read?
>I changed the search to "Caruba" and got ZERO hits.... find the actual
>link to the full article in WSJ and I'll blow you.

I pulled this off the link at the WSJ...Caruba's writing came from
their /commentary pages, where the J links to his blog.

http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/2010/01/obamas-make-believe-life.html

Its hardly "made up"

And no thanks..Ill pass on the BJ. But if you want to toss a couple
cans of cat food out to homeless cats in your area...that would be a
good thing.

Shrug

Existential Angst

Aug 15, 2012, 12:22:03 PM8/15/12
"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message
Not saying the article is made up, or wrong, just saying the WSJ did not
publish it.
The editor at WSJ would lose his job, if he let that article in.
Otoh, the NY Post *would* publish such a bash article, those assholes do
that all the time. I don't think the NY Post even pretends to be a real
newspaper any more.

> And no thanks..Ill pass on the BJ. But if you want to toss a couple
> cans of cat food out to homeless cats in your area...that would be a
> good thing.

I wish people would neuter these cats, instead. We used to have a group
that would do that, but the logistics are dicey.
--
EA

Too_Many_Tools

Aug 15, 2012, 12:53:24 PM8/15/12
LOL...great article for Obama to frame and hang in the Oval Office for
when he does his second term.

TMT

Gunner

Aug 15, 2012, 1:24:24 PM8/15/12
On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:22:03 -0400, "Existential Angst"
The WSJ is far more conservative than apparently you give credit. They
have spanked the Obama more than once.

>> And no thanks..Ill pass on the BJ. But if you want to toss a couple
>> cans of cat food out to homeless cats in your area...that would be a
>> good thing.
>
>I wish people would neuter these cats, instead. We used to have a group
>that would do that, but the logistics are dicey.

The cost is pricey. Thats why you see few of them these days. No extra
cash out there to pay for neutering a colony. We do what we can..but
these days..its rough..really rough just taking care of our own.

pyotr filipivich

Aug 15, 2012, 1:29:14 PM8/15/12
Tom Gardner <Mars@Tacks> on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 02:02:40 -0400 typed in
misc.survivalism the following:
They're Kool-aid drunk, and mixing up fresh batches. IMOSHO
"objective journalism" is like "honest politician", "sound economic
policy", and "fiscal restraint" - something we believed used to exist,
Back In the Good Old Days.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake

Delvin Benet

Aug 16, 2012, 12:30:10 AM8/16/12
It never appeared in the WSJ. That attribution is false - a lie.

Gunner

Aug 18, 2012, 10:24:13 AM8/18/12
OK, if you say so.

Now..as for the content of the article itself, which is what we should
be far more concerned with....

What do you folks think about the article?

Delvin Benet

Aug 18, 2012, 11:48:00 AM8/18/12
I only say so because it is so.

Existential Angst

Aug 18, 2012, 4:26:41 PM8/18/12
"Gunner" <Gunner Asch> wrote in message
Well, the one f'sure true thing is that indeed, Obamer saw fit to write TWO
memoirs by age 40 or so.... holy shit....j makes one wonder....

As far as the other conspiratorial stuff -- well, I think conspiracy is just
about how ALL things work!!
I mean, the formation of any big/multinational corPiration is essentially a
conspiracy.... I think HD, Staples, and Starbucks fully fit the conspiracy
definition -- those muthafuckas knew EXACTLY what they were doing, what the
consequences would be, they just couched it all in benificent linguistics,
not the lexicon of the true socio/economic assfucking that it really was.
$5 cups of coffee.... gimme a fukn break....

Lobbying is by definition conspiracy. I think the only thing one needs to
distinguish is legal conspiracy from illegal conspiracy -- if there is even
a net material difference!!

Still don't know if the article overall is accurate, but it does give one
pause, and it wouldn't be too big of a stretch.

The pro'leng is and will forever be: We will never ever ever again ever get
a straight story about anything.
There are muthafuckas out there who still believe in Cold Fusion,
ferchissakes.

I think the only piece of non-bullshit I've heard in about 10 years was the
economist (Nobel) Joseph Steiglitz on Charlie Rose a year or so ago. He
flat out stated that the rich found a way to simply suck away all the
disposable income of Merka.... holy shit.....

While other Nobel economists, notably John C. Meerton and Myron Scholes (of
Black-Scholes options pricing fame), figgered dey nobel prizes would make
them rich, and promptly started hedge funds, that bombed. Heh, THEY got
rich, but their investors certainly didn't.

And Greenspan: But but but <sputter> but.... I **thought** the market
WOULD regulate itself.....
Good call, Alan.... you shoulda stuck to yer clarinet....

Gunner, you are STILL my hero and role model.... I hope my room is
ready....
--
EA