"There's NOTHING we're hiding...REALLY!!!!"...says the lying rich bitch named Ann "You People" Romney

Too_Many_Tools

Aug 17, 2012, 2:27:36 AM8/17/12
Yeah Ann...sure...we "believe" you....especially when you and Flip
Flop are fighting tooth and nail to NOT RELEASE your tax returns.

Lying conservative bitch...enjoy losing the election.

TMT

Ann Romney on tax returns: ‘There’s nothing we’re hiding’
By Holly Bailey, Yahoo! News

Senior Political Reporter

PostsEmailRSSBy Holly Bailey, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 2 hrs 1 min
ago

Mitt Romney's wife is pushing back on public pressure for her husband
to release additional years of personal tax filings.

In an interview set to air Thursday on NBC's "Rock Center," Ann Romney
reiterated that her husband won't release more financial records,
insisting it would just provide more fodder for Democratic attacks.

"There's nothing we're hiding," Ann Romney told NBC's Natalie Morales.

Asked why her husband isn't more "transparent," Romney seemed to get a
bit irritated, leaning forward in her chair to answer questions.

"Have you seen how we are attacked? Have you seen what's happened?"
she said. "We have been very transparent to what's legally required of
us. But the more we release, the more we get attacked, the more we get
questioned, the more we get pushed. And so we have done what's legally
required, and there's going to be no more tax releases given."

Asked whether she worries Americans will think her husband is trying
to "hide" something by not releasing more returns, Romney pointed to
the "huge" financial disclosures her husband filed when serving as
governor of Massachusetts.

"If people want to really look and see, any question they have ...
Mitt is honest. His integrity is just golden," Romney said. "We pay
our taxes. ... Beyond paying our taxes, we also give 10 percent of our
income to charity. ... The only reason we don't disclose any more is
because we will become a bigger target."

Echoing what her husband has said on the campaign trail for months,
Romney told Morales their investments are managed by a blind trust.

"I'll be curious to see what's in there, too," Romney said, smiling.

Kicking Ass and Takin' Names

Aug 17, 2012, 6:15:20 AM8/17/12
Hmm. Okay.

The Romney's released one year's tax returns. At the bottom of the
return is their signatures. They signed certifying that they have
reviewed the return and it is correct to the best of their knowledge.

But she says, well, shit, I don't even know what's in the tax return.

Which is it: Does she not know what's in the return, in which case
she lied when she signed the return, or, does she know what's in the
return as she stated when she signed it and she's lying when she says
she doesn't know what's in it?

Either way, she's lying.

**************

SAVE AMERICA!!

Spay or neuter
your Republican!!

Metzger Enterprises

Aug 17, 2012, 6:32:21 AM8/17/12
South African police opened fire on a crowd of striking miners
Thursday, killing more than 30 people and leaving a field strewn
with bodies in a massacre that instantly revived memories of the
brutality of apartheid. The South African Police Service had no
immediate explanation as to why its officers chose to shoot with
automatic weapons into a crowd of men a few meters away as they
tried to disperse them. The strike at the Lonmin platinum mine
in Marikana in northern South Africa had already claimed 10
lives in clashes between two rival unions, the National Union of
Mineworkers and the more radical Association of Mineworkers and
Construction Union, whose supporters have armed themselves with
pistols, machetes, spears and clubs � and earlier police had
vowed to move on the strikers and end the violence by the end of
the day. Mac Maharaj, spokesman for South African President
Jacob Zuma, said the head of state was �in shock that an
industrial dispute has degenerated to such a point, to such a
tragic loss of lives.� Lonmin chairman Roger Phillimore added in
a written statement: �We deeply regret the further loss of life
in what is clearly a public order rather than labor-relations-
associated matter.� The company, the world�s third largest
producer of platinum, shut down its South African operations on
Tuesday after 3,000 workers walked out a week ago, demanding a
tripling of wages.

http://world.time.com/2012/08/16/south-africas-police-open-fire-
on-striking-miners-the-
video/?xid=gonewsedit&google_editors_picks=true

Oglethorpe

Aug 17, 2012, 9:41:10 AM8/17/12

"Metzger Enterprises" <met...@getitdone.com> wrote in message
> South African police opened fire on a crowd of striking miners
> Thursday, killing more than 30 people and leaving a field strewn
> with bodies in a massacre that instantly revived memories of the
> brutality of apartheid. The South African Police Service had no
> immediate explanation as to why its officers chose to shoot with
> automatic weapons into a crowd of men a few meters away as they
> tried to disperse them. The strike at the Lonmin platinum mine
> in Marikana in northern South Africa had already claimed 10
> lives in clashes between two rival unions, the National Union of
> Mineworkers and the more radical Association of Mineworkers and
> Construction Union, whose supporters have armed themselves with
> pistols, machetes, spears and clubs - and earlier police had
> vowed to move on the strikers and end the violence by the end of
> the day. Mac Maharaj, spokesman for South African President
> Jacob Zuma, said the head of state was "in shock that an
> industrial dispute has degenerated to such a point, to such a
> tragic loss of lives." Lonmin chairman Roger Phillimore added in
> a written statement: "We deeply regret the further loss of life
> in what is clearly a public order rather than labor-relations-
> associated matter." The company, the world's third largest
> producer of platinum, shut down its South African operations on
> Tuesday after 3,000 workers walked out a week ago, demanding a
> tripling of wages.
>
> http://world.time.com/2012/08/16/south-africas-police-open-fire-
> on-striking-miners-the-
> video/?xid=gonewsedit&google_editors_picks=true

They made the mistake of charging at police.

Wayne

Aug 17, 2012, 12:11:49 PM8/17/12

"Oglethorpe" wrote in message
# They made the mistake of charging at police.

In the US, union thugs are excused from violent crimes (such as beating
someone to death) if it is committed in the heat of a confrontation.
Apparently, South Africa doesn't cater to that bullshit.

White House Optometrist

Aug 17, 2012, 1:27:38 PM8/17/12
When will Ann tell us which two of her five sons are gay?

Metzger Enterprises

Sep 3, 2012, 6:51:30 PM9/3/12
JOHANNESBURG � South African police and security guards fired
rubber bullets and tear gas Monday at sacked gold miners who
were attacking colleagues to block them from working, the mine
owner said. Police said four people were wounded at the mine
that used to be partially owned by the president's nephew.

The clash at the Gold Fields mine east of Johannesburg, reported
by police and Neal Froneman, the CEO of Gold One International,
was the latest violence to hit South Africa's mines in months of
unrest.

Company spokesman Sven Lunsche said some 12,000 of the company's
workers "continue to engage in an unlawful and unprotected
strike" that began Wednesday. He said it involved an internal
dispute between local union leaders and members of the National
Union of Mineworkers, the country's largest union.

After apartheid ended in 1994, South Africa pressed to share the
country's vast mineral wealth with its impoverished black
majority. But the hoped-for result has not occurred. A small
black elite has become billionaires off mining while most South
Africans continue to struggle against mounting unemployment,
deeper poverty and a widening gap between rich and poor that
makes the country one of the most unequal on Earth.

The mine where the violence took place Monday has previous
business ties to relatives of Nelson Mandela and President Jacob
Zuma � and was the site where firebrand politician Julius
Malema, an avowed enemy of Zuma, pledged last week to make the
nation's mines ungovernable.

South Africa's mining unrest reached a bloody climax on Aug. 16
when police shot 112 striking workers, killing 34 of them, at a
platinum mine at Marikana, northwest of Johannesburg. The state
violence was reminiscent of apartheid days and has seriously
damaged the government's image.

Outrage at the police killings was exacerbated by prosecutors,
who last week charged some 270 miners arrested at the scene with
the murders and attempted murders of their striking co-workers �
people who were killed by police. The National Prosecuting
Authority was forced to retract Sunday, withdrawing the charges
made under an apartheid-era law.

On Monday, 91 arrested miners were released, much to the joy of
their ululating and singing family members and supporters. But
there were tears for the many more who remained in custody.

The Independent Complaints Police Directorate has reported
receiving complaints from more than 140 miners that they were
beaten up in custody by officers trying to get them to name the
strikers who hacked to death two policemen who were among 10
people killed in violence that led up to the shootings.

The directorate also is investigating police officers on 34
murder charges and 78 attempted murder charges in the shootings,
although no officers have been suspended. A judicial inquiry is
to report to the president by January.

Policy say they acted in self-defense. No officer was hurt
during the Marikana shootings.

Also Monday, the Khulumani Support Group of some 80,000
survivors of human rights violations under apartheid said it
filed an urgent appeal for a U.N. special rapporteur to assess
what happened to the miners killed at Marikana, after reports
that autopsies showed that many had been shot in the back.

In Monday's violence at Gold Fields, miners dismissed after a
wildcat strike in June joined miners who lost their jobs two
years ago to try to stop other workers and managers from
reaching the mine.

Froneman said as police were called to disperse them, the
protesting miners stoned a vehicle carrying people to work.

"Our security had to intervene, they used rubber bullets and
police used rubber bullets and tear gas," Froneman told The
Associated Press. "Four people were slightly wounded and all
have been released from the hospital."

But police spokeswoman Pinky Tsinyane said one of those wounded
was in critical condition. The different versions could not
immediately be reconciled. Tsinyane also said four people were
arrested for public violence.

The Gold Fields mine was bought two years ago by a group
including Zuma's nephew and a grandson of anti-apartheid icon
Mandela. The two allegedly never paid for the mine but stripped
it of most assets and now are being sued by liquidators. They
have also failed to honor court orders to pay tens of thousands
of dollars to the miners who were thrown out of work.

Cabinet ministers, meanwhile, sought to reassure investors
Monday even as news of the latest clash emerged.

"The tragic incident at Marikana is not a reflection of the
business environment in South Africa," Collins Chabane, the
minister of state in the presidency, told foreign reporters.
"The government remains in control of the situation and law and
order continues to prevail. The country continues to fully
support direct investment and appropriate incentives and the
legislative framework is in place to give confidence and
predictability to investment decisions."

Legislator James Lorimer of the opposition Democratic Alliance
blamed the latest violence on Malema, an expelled youth leader
of the ruling African National Congress who has been using the
unrest to try to oust Zuma from power.

Malema, who has called for the nationalization of South Africa's
mines and for Zuma to resign over the police killings, went to
the gold mine last week and told miners they must fight for
their economic freedom.

He sent a message on Twitter on Monday saying he was addressing
striking workers at the Gold Fields mine. "(The) Mining
Revolution goes on and on and on," he wrote.

The violence that led to the police shootings at London-
registered Lonmin PLC mine at Marikana and the Gold One
International gold mine was at least partially rooted in union
rivalry. Upstart unions have stolen thousands of members away
from the dominant National Union of Mineworkers.

Negotiations continued Monday between Lonmin managers, unions
and the Department of Labor to resolve workers' demands for a
minimum monthly wage of R12,500 ($1,650).

Lonmin said only 4.5 percent of workers reported for work
Monday. The strike that began Aug. 10 is crippling the company,
which has said it probably cannot meet debt obligations due at
the end of September.

Like the ANC, the politically connected National Union of
Mineworkers is accused by rank-and-file workers of cozying up to
management, of being more concerned with business than with
workers' needs and with losing focus by spearheading Zuma's bid
for re-election as ANC president next December.

The general secretary of the powerful Congress of South African
Trade Unions vowed Monday to speak out.

"What I will not do is agree to be blackmailed and to keep quiet
when things are going so wrong in society," Zwelinzima Vavi, who
heads a faction that wants Zuma out, told shop stewards in
Johannesburg.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501710_162-57505252/4-shot-at-south-
african-gold-mine-in-latest-unrest/

Oglethorpe

Sep 4, 2012, 1:49:22 AM9/4/12

> JOHANNESBURG - South African police and security guards fired
> rubber bullets and tear gas Monday at sacked gold miners who
> were attacking colleagues to block them from working

What did you expect themn to do?