Newbie

Raffi Keshishian

Dec 15, 2011, 12:39:15 AM12/15/11
Hello Everyone

I am new for this group

Respectfully

Raffi

pos...@giganews.com

Dec 18, 2011, 4:30:49 PM12/18/11
Before the beginning on Wed, 14 Dec 2011 21:39:15 -0800, Raffi
Keshishian <rkayj...@gmail.com> took up quill and scribed:
Welcome!

Hey Peter, are you still moderating?

Peter W. Rowe

Dec 18, 2011, 4:36:00 PM12/18/11
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:30:49 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry pos...@giganews.com
wrote:

>>Hey Peter, are you still moderating?

Yes. You'd not have seen that newbie message if I weren't still doing it.

Not sure just why I bother these days, since for all intents and purposes, the
group is dead, with discussion having moved to the Orchid forum. But if I stop
checking the group now and then, it will be truly dead, since messages would
then just never reach the group at all, dying in my email inbox. There is not,
unfortunately, some default fall back option for a group to become unmoderated
again without a bunch of fuss and bother.

I don't check the newsgroup every day, as I used to do. Now it's more like once
or twice a week, when I'm available to do so. Usually, there's nothing new to
post.

Peter

Me

Dec 24, 2011, 2:41:38 AM12/24/11
Before the beginning on Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:19:22 -0500, Jim
<grizzlyAIN'T...@cascocastle.com> took up quill and scribed:

>On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:36:00 -0800, Peter W. Rowe
><rec.craft...@earthlink.net> discovered a keyboard and, for our
>edification and amusement, submitted
>...and there is an easy way of directing newbies to Orchid? I'm not
>sure all newbies are web-savvy enough to leave the newsgroups and find
>Orchid...
>Jim
>Blessed be, for sure

Frankly I can't imagine anyone who can use Usenet not being able to
figure out email, but I've been fooled before!

Orchid FAQ:
~ http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/faq.htm
Orchid Archives:
~ http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/archive
Orchid Galleries:
~ http://www.ganoksin.com/orchid/gallery.htm
Invite a Friend:
~ http://www.ganoksin.com/invite.htm

Me

Dec 24, 2011, 2:42:04 AM12/24/11
Before the beginning on Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:36:00 -0800, Peter W. Rowe
<rec.craft...@earthlink.net> took up quill and scribed:

>On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:30:49 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry pos...@giganews.com
>wrote:
>

>>>Hey Peter, are you still moderating?
>
>Yes. You'd not have seen that newbie message if I weren't still doing it.

Yeah. Stupid question.

>Not sure just why I bother these days, since for all intents and purposes, the
>group is dead, with discussion having moved to the Orchid forum.

You turned me on to Orchid (here in this froup) so it's your fault.
;-)

> But if I stop
>checking the group now and then, it will be truly dead, since messages would
>then just never reach the group at all, dying in my email inbox. There is not,
>unfortunately, some default fall back option for a group to become unmoderated
>again without a bunch of fuss and bother.
>
>I don't check the newsgroup every day, as I used to do. Now it's more like once
>or twice a week, when I'm available to do so. Usually, there's nothing new to
>post.

You could always post political rants. It's the season for it.

I'll spar with you. More fun than privately in email...

Doc

>Peter

Peter W. Rowe

Dec 24, 2011, 2:46:22 AM12/24/11
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 23:42:04 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry Me <mf{.macn@ydayo>,
afyrrmg...@giganews.com (Dvorak) wrote:

>>You could always post political rants. It's the season for it.

Kinda would fly in the face of the whole moderation thing, if the moderator
starts inviting and engaging in off topic discussions...

Besides. I'm tuckered out at the moment. Maybe in January.

Happy holidays, Doc. (everyone else too, if there IS anyone else here)

Peter

Belinda Alene

Jan 3, 2012, 1:56:02 AM1/3/12

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 23:46:22 -0800, Peter W. Rowe
I am here from time to time. I just am not seeing much in the way of useful

information.

Basically I am a bead stringer with an interest in polyclay use for necklace

pendants and earrings.

Ecnerwal

Jan 3, 2012, 1:55:49 AM1/3/12
In article <1n0bf7de9fgtlc54d...@4ax.com>,
Peter W. Rowe <rec.craft...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Still here. Not doing too much, but still here. Eventually the
spare-time gods will simile upon doing a bit more, I hope.