Teenie Beenie Pinky For Sale!!!

toy...@poboxes.com

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

I have teenie beanie Pinkies for sale. If you would like a teenie Pinky,
an official TY product, to go with your regular size Pinky, please
e-mail me. They are $4 each, plus shipping. Get them now. McDonalds has
enacted a new policy that toys can only be bought w/ a food purchase and
has raised the price of individual toys. They also limit one to
transaction. Don't waste time, get them here before they are gone.
Thanks. PS-I do not limit quantities.

The Wheats

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

How can you even have Teneenie Beanies yet as they do not come to
McDonald's until April 11?? Correct me if I'm wrong but one can only
assume you got these.....HOW?? Let's hope that people are not
blackmarketing these also, because many, many little kids (who they were
made for) are so looking forward to getting them at McD's as they are
no where else to be found!
I would suggest to anyone who might consider buying Teenie Beanies this
way to reconsider and let these people sit on their "unlimited
quantities".

Beanie lovers Mom who has ran all over looking to buy BB's for the $5.00
they were intended to sell for!

dan

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97
to mad...@epix.net

>>Right On Beanie lovers Mom! Where did they steal those toys from? S.R.

dan

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97
to toy...@poboxes.com

toy...@poboxes.com wrote:

> I have teenie beanie Pinkies for sale. If you would like a teenie Pinky,
> an official TY product, to go with your regular size Pinky, please
> e-mail me. They are $4 each, plus shipping. Get them now. McDonalds has
> enacted a new policy that toys can only be bought w/ a food purchase and
> has raised the price of individual toys. They also limit one to
> transaction. Don't waste time, get them here before they are gone.
> Thanks. PS-I do not limit quantities.

>>I would rather buy a hamburger and one toy for $1.49,
>>(one toy, one visit, and one transaction) at a time then to
>>pay you $4 plus shipping. S.R.
>>P.S. Where did you steal these toys?

Kamron C Moore

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

This is crazy!!! these teenie beenie babies are a very hot item. Already
at my store we are missing a case, and they haven't even started yet! So
I took all the happy meal cases that were in the basement and locked them
up in the office and told all the managers that they are resposible for
these. One employee was eyeing up the happy meal display wich was in the
office ready to be put out on the 11th, so I took that home with me and
put it in my basement so I don't have to worry about tracking another one
down on the night before the promotion.

Sometimes I wonder if I want to be in charge of POP.....ahhhhh!

km

Judy Douglas

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

Oh - I thought these were prosthetic devices for the male action figures.
Never mind.
J.

--
Support the Oola Memorial Martial Arts Center -
"Oola might be around today if she knew a little Tae Kwon Do"

Pamela Green

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

I don't understand why people are selling Beanie Babies in the *dolls*
newsgroup anyway! It's off-topic, like those stupid Tickle Me Elmo posts
last Xmas.

Oh well, at least this group doesn't get idiots selling SE Lukes
(yet)......

--Pam
--
ch...@halcyon.com
Attack of the Anime Toys!

Tony Ashdon

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

In <Pine.OSF.3.91.970409...@alpha3.csd.uwm.edu> Kamron
Maybe you are in charge of the prisoners in the cell block of about to
be committed crimes of stealing Beanie Babies.

Chris George

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.970409...@alpha3.csd.uwm.edu>,

Kamron C Moore <kam...@alpha3.csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

> This is crazy!!! these teenie beenie babies are a very hot item. Already
> at my store we are missing a case, and they haven't even started yet! So
> I took all the happy meal cases that were in the basement and locked them
> up in the office and told all the managers that they are resposible for
> these. One employee was eyeing up the happy meal display wich was in the
> office ready to be put out on the 11th, so I took that home with me and
> put it in my basement so I don't have to worry about tracking another one
> down on the night before the promotion.
>
> Sometimes I wonder if I want to be in charge of POP.....ahhhhh!
>
> km

That is the one benefit to working in a college town...most people are too
young to be collecting them for kids, and too old to want them for
themselves.

--
+-------------------------+----------------------------------------+
| Chris George | "Fate protects fools, little children, |

nsto...@direct.ca

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

On eBay Auctions someone has a set with a starting bid of $100.00

The Masked Marauder

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

RE: Teenie Beanie Pinkies

Jon <jhe...@frost.com> wrote:
>Doesn't Howard Stern have one of these?

No, Jon, Howard Stern *IS* one of these!

(0 0)
+-----oOO----(_)-----------+ |||
| | (0 0)
| big...@jumpnet.com | +-------------(_)----oOO-----+
| | | Austin, Texas - LIVE Music |
+------------------oOO-----+ | Capital of the World |
|__|__| +-----oOO--------------------+
|| || || ||
ooO Ooo ooO Ooo

My opinions are those of my employer because I work for myself.

Aries

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Hullo :)

So I'm looking in the box that my Action Man came in (I bought him to
check out the articulation - which is actually pretty nifty) and saw a
picture of an AM that is costumed in a very cool outfit. Now I want one
to play with! Anyone know if these can be found readily and without any
problems in their area? A local and new found net-friend has told me of
a few places here near Seattle that had them not long ago - but
unfortunately, we don't travel in those area's much (I really oughta
visit my parent's more...I know, I know). If anyone has any info, I'd
greatly appreciate it :) I'd prefer it at cost or maybe I can try and
find something worthy of a trade (I haven't done that in a while)

Thanks in advance (and remember to play nice with the other kids :)

~Aries
"May the Toy Godlets smile on you and your collection"

Kevin Johnston

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

> So I'm looking in the box that my Action Man came in (I bought him to
> check out the articulation - which is actually pretty nifty) and saw a
> picture of an AM that is costumed in a very cool outfit. Now I want one
> to play with! Anyone know if these can be found readily and without any
> problems in their area?

Um... what "cool outfit" should we give you info about?

Kevin

Glenn Mason

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Kevin Johnston <kjoh...@macromedia.com> wrote in article <kjohnston-150...@207.3.37.115>...

> > So I'm looking in the box that my Action Man came in (I bought him to
> > check out the articulation - which is actually pretty nifty) and saw a
> > picture of an AM that is costumed in a very cool outfit. Now I want one
> > to play with! Anyone know if these can be found readily and without any
> > problems in their area?

I have seen that AM in my area - Balto., Maryland a while back. Not sure if
it is still out there. It's funney you are interested in that one ... that doll caught
my eye too, and I don't collect AM or Joes. The outfit and the helmet and chain-
saw were really cool. I am half tempted to buy it and open it up too. You have
good taste! ;-)

Glenn

Jay Kramer

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Bubba Bo Bob Fett

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Pamela Green wrote:

> I don't understand why people are selling Beanie Babies in the *dolls*
> newsgroup anyway! It's off-topic, like those stupid Tickle Me Elmo posts
> last Xmas.

It makes more sense for them to posted there then in the action figure
group where they have been turning up.

Bubba Bo bob Fett

LeAnne Davis

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

no, it doesn't - an action figure is just the term for a "doll" marketed
to boys' dads to make buying GIJoes & allowing their sons to play with
dolls called GIJoes palatable to dads ("By D**n, no son of mine will
play with a doll") back in the 60's...

Beanie Babies are just as unacceptable in r.c.d as in RTAF

LeAnne
--
LeAnne Davis e-mail: LeAnne...@ti.com
Configuration Management

Pamela Green

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

LeAnne Davis <leanne...@ti.com> writes:

>Bubba Bo Bob Fett wrote:
>>
>> Pamela Green wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't understand why people are selling Beanie Babies in the
>> > *dolls* newsgroup anyway! It's off-topic, like those stupid Tickle
>> > Me Elmo posts last Xmas.
>> >
>> It makes more sense for them to posted there then in the action figure
>> group where they have been turning up.

>no, it doesn't - an action figure is just the term for a "doll" marketed
>to boys' dads to make buying GIJoes & allowing their sons to play with
>dolls called GIJoes palatable to dads ("By D**n, no son of mine will
>play with a doll") back in the 60's...

Beanie Baby scalpers have also been showing up in
rec.arts.sf.starwars.collecting (as I think Bubba Bo Bob oughta know). :-)

I would suggest forming a plush toy newsgroup, either here or over in the
rec.toys.* hierarchy, but I really doubt scalpers would care.

ROBIN_FIERCE

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

And how does one get their own newsgroup? They should open one for beanie
babies and no one else would be bothered by them again. JMO, Robin

LeAnne Davis

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

ROBIN_FIERCE wrote:

> And how does one get their own newsgroup? They should open one for beanie
> babies and no one else would be bothered by them again. JMO, Robin

First, there should be a proponent (or a group of proponents) willing
to do the work required to create the new group...If you ask nicely,
Eric Myers (of RTAF) may help you draft the RFD (Request For Discussion)

Second, go to news:news.groups (or news:news.newgroups) & about once
per week, there are instructions posted regarding the creation of a
new group...

Third, proponent(s) need to decide on hierarchy. I would suggest
rec.toys.plush or rec.collecting.plush as the hierarchical name
for the new group...

Next, write the RFD & submit it to UUNET...The RFD goes through the
discussion period, then a CFV (Call For Votes) is issued...People
vote, votes are tallied & if there is the right vote ratio, the
group is created. Last step is getting your news server provider
to add the group to the server feed.

There are probably enough plush collectors that have no ng of their
own to post currently that this might fly (especially if those of us
in the other groups support the creation to clear the bandwidth in our
groups.)

Eric G. Myers

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

LeAnne Davis wrote:

> ROBIN_FIERCE wrote:
> >
> > And how does one get their own newsgroup? They should open one for beanie
> > babies and no one else would be bothered by them again. JMO, Robin
>
> First, there should be a proponent (or a group of proponents) willing
> to do the work required to create the new group...If you ask nicely,
> Eric Myers (of RTAF) may help you draft the RFD (Request For Discussion)

<very nice description of the newsgroup creation process snipped>

Someone wrote me about this recently (specifically with regard to Beanie
Babies). Beyond beanies, is there a lot of "plush" traffic in groups
other than rec.toys.misc (and I'd have to plead ignorance on absolute
plush topics in rtm as I'd only read the subject line)? If there is,
perhaps they could provide a couple of interested people to serve as
proponents for a pre-RFD draft. They can run it by this series of
newsgroups and see if there is any support (people will definitely let
you know if there are things they don't like about almost any proposal
*grin*).

A Deja News or Alta Vista search might help to get some hard numbers on
the traffic.

However, if an individual's desire for a "plush" group is based solely
in the desire to divert the Beanie traffic to their own group, I think
I'd have to reserve judgment on the desirability (I definitely wouldn't
be behind rec.toys.beanie-babies at this time). Plush as an entire genre
would be a better design.

I don't know what I could do about actually writing a proposal for
Pre-RFD (I'm mostly an action figure collector with packrat tendencies
*grin*), but I'd be happy to correspond with any interested plush
collectors who are interested in doing the legwork. The momentum should
really come from the people who would actually use the group.

EGM

--
|\ The Raving Toy Maniac Page /|
| \ http://www.toymania.com / |

Bubba Bo Bob Fett

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

These stupid thing belong in either the doll groups (how are not dolls?)
or the misc toy group. The only action involved in these toys is when
they are flung into the air as my red-neck friends skeet shoot them.

Bubba Bo Bob Fett

Chris George

Apr 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/22/97

In article <335C6C...@ti.com>, leanne...@ti.com wrote:

> ROBIN_FIERCE wrote:
> >
> > And how does one get their own newsgroup? They should open one for beanie
> > babies and no one else would be bothered by them again. JMO, Robin
>
> First, there should be a proponent (or a group of proponents) willing
> to do the work required to create the new group...If you ask nicely,
> Eric Myers (of RTAF) may help you draft the RFD (Request For Discussion)
>

> Second, go to news:news.groups (or news:news.newgroups) & about once
> per week, there are instructions posted regarding the creation of a
> new group...
>
> Third, proponent(s) need to decide on hierarchy. I would suggest
> rec.toys.plush or rec.collecting.plush as the hierarchical name
> for the new group...
>
> Next, write the RFD & submit it to UUNET...The RFD goes through the
> discussion period, then a CFV (Call For Votes) is issued...People
> vote, votes are tallied & if there is the right vote ratio, the
> group is created. Last step is getting your news server provider
> to add the group to the server feed.
>
> There are probably enough plush collectors that have no ng of their
> own to post currently that this might fly (especially if those of us
> in the other groups support the creation to clear the bandwidth in our
> groups.)

Sorry to continue this cross-posted topic, but it seemed to apply to all
the groups included...

This, I assume, is the correct procedure for getting a normal newsgroup
approved. What about an alt group? As far as I've heard, the reason alt
groups exist is because you don't have to go through all this hassle to get
a group approved.

tk...@nyx.net.nospam

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

I have the feeling that alt.mcdonalds.promotions is the way to go here.
This takes the traffic from all of the above groups and also will help
come Monopoly time again.

Comments to my email. (remove hte .nospam to reply)

LeAnne Davis

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Eric G. Myers wrote:

> LeAnne Davis wrote:
> >
> > ROBIN_FIERCE wrote:
> > >
> > > And how does one get their own newsgroup? They should open one for
> > > beanie babies and no one else would be bothered by them again.
> > > JMO, Robin
> >
> > First, there should be a proponent (or a group of proponents) willing
> > to do the work required to create the new group...
>
> <very nice description of the newsgroup creation process snipped>
>
> Someone wrote me about this recently (specifically with regard to Beanie
> Babies). Beyond beanies, is there a lot of "plush" traffic in groups
> other than rec.toys.misc (and I'd have to plead ignorance on absolute
> plush topics in rtm as I'd only read the subject line)? If there is,
> perhaps they could provide a couple of interested people to serve as
> proponents for a pre-RFD draft. They can run it by this series of
> newsgroups and see if there is any support (people will definitely let
> you know if there are things they don't like about almost any proposal
> *grin*).
>
> A Deja News or Alta Vista search might help to get some hard numbers on
> the traffic.

From April 1-22, (on dejanews) I found...

plush+toys in 142 posts
beanie in 1308 posts
stuffed+animal in 241 posts
tickle+elmo in 199 posts
alt.collecting.teddy-bears had 5277 posts (added to the copy-to for
this post)
teddy+bear in 869 posts
steiff or stieff in 66 posts
gund in 119 posts (not all are collecting related, apparently there is
a sports figure reffered to as "gund")

Those were all the key words I could think of for plush toys & not
being a collector of them....

> However, if an individual's desire for a "plush" group is based solely
> in the desire to divert the Beanie traffic to their own group, I think
> I'd have to reserve judgment on the desirability (I definitely wouldn't
> be behind rec.toys.beanie-babies at this time). Plush as an entire
> genre would be a better design.

I think my suggestion was rec.toys.plush or rec.collecting.plush-toys
or sumthin' like that...

> I don't know what I could do about actually writing a proposal for
> Pre-RFD (I'm mostly an action figure collector with packrat tendencies
> *grin*), but I'd be happy to correspond with any interested plush
> collectors who are interested in doing the legwork. The momentum should
> really come from the people who would actually use the group.

didn't I say that? ("help you draft", not draft for you... of course if
they bribed you with a few AFs you need...) and, did you get permission
to use Roxi's TM??? ;>

Eric G. Myers

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

Chris George wrote:

<snip>

> Sorry to continue this cross-posted topic, but it seemed to apply to all
> the groups included...
>
> This, I assume, is the correct procedure for getting a normal newsgroup
> approved. What about an alt group? As far as I've heard, the reason alt
> groups exist is because you don't have to go through all this hassle to get
> a group approved.

that's pretty much accurate (barring minor details), but the snag is
that alt.* groups are nearly as well propagated as Bight Eight groups.
It's becoming increasing difficult for some providers to add all the
alt.* groups (and usually will just add them by user request). You could
technically start an alt.* group today. But there is a procedure that is
recommended. You can see that document (called "So you want to create an
Alt newsgroup") at:

http://math-www.uio.no/faq/alt-creation-guide.html

Or simply search that title with your favorite search engine (it's
mirrored all over the place). If beanie babies is what people really
want, then alt (or an e-mail list) is the way to go for now.

Eric G. Myers

Apr 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/23/97

LeAnne Davis wrote:

<traffic estimates snipped>

> Those were all the key words I could think of for plush toys & not
> being a collector of them....

Looks good. Is there someone who wants to write the pre-RFD? I take it
you ain't volunteering either LeAnne. :)

> I think my suggestion was rec.toys.plush or rec.collecting.plush-toys
> or sumthin' like that...

I'd prefer rec.toys.whatever over the rec.collecting.* Just my onw
personal preference though.

> didn't I say that? ("help you draft", not draft for you... of course if
> they bribed you with a few AFs you need...) and, did you get permission
> to use Roxi's TM??? ;>

Bribery could work. :)

And as for the *grin*, Roxi has readily admitted that she licenses that
from me. I just sit back and collect the royalties. *grin*

Wendy Rundel

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Hello,
I couldn't agree more. Plush toys group sounds great. But, hey, there is
only the rec. collecting.dolls group. I have had to go to that group and
want to post stuff that is not 'Barbie', etc. I'm sure the folks of the
Beanie Babies mentally posted here because there is nowhere else to go.

Wendy Rundel

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

Right on, Robin!
Wendy

In article <01bc4e9e$c92b7900$42a048a6@default>, "ROBIN_FIERCE"

Wendy Rundel

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

I can agree with your sentiments...but, am not sure they don't belong in
here. They are toys...and dolls to many kids. Not meaning to be rude.
WR

In article <335D45...@cwo.com.nospam>, Bubba Bo Bob Fett

Roxanne Galica

Apr 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/24/97

In article <wrundel-2304...@ppp216.bcpl.lib.md.us>,
wru...@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us (Wendy Rundel) wrote:

>Hello,
>I couldn't agree more. Plush toys group sounds great. But, hey, there is
>only the rec. collecting.dolls group. I have had to go to that group and
>want to post stuff that is not 'Barbie', etc. I'm sure the folks of the
>Beanie Babies mentally posted here because there is nowhere else to go.

Actually, I thought that plush toys were quite appropriate in the
rec.toys.misc newsgroup. I have nothing against a newsgroup for plush toys
being established, but until then it's my understanding that any plush toy
is on-topic in the rec.toys.misc newsgroup.

Roxi

--
1:1

"Collecting isn't everything; you have to PLAY with it!" - Alexi, age 8

"It isn't about the pieces of plastic; it's about the friends you make along the way." - Rob Nemet quoting Cindy Bauer

"I use to be Snow White.....then I drifted." - Mae West

K. Davis

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

tk...@nyx.net.nospam wrote:

> I have the feeling that alt.mcdonalds.promotions is the way to go here.
> This takes the traffic from all of the above groups and also will help
> come Monopoly time again.

Your consideration to create an additional newsgroup is welcomed! How
about
alt.mcdonalds.marketplace? It would be also cool to do the same for Ebay
announcements. ;)

The one step in question is how to have multi-post sellers stay within
the newsgroup you want them to. The seller's brain directs them to
"spew"
postings to maximumize visibility. By creating a
alt.mcdonalds.promotions
newsgroup, sellers will have one more group to post in. The may still
continue to post in rec.toys and rec.collecting because Beanie Babies
fit
into both these categories too.

Ken Davis
Curioscape
http://www.curioscape.com
Directory of Antiques and Collectibles on the Net

Aaron Newton

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

LeAnne Davis (leanne...@ti.com) wrote:
> no, it doesn't - an action figure is just the term for a "doll" marketed
> to boys' dads to make buying GIJoes & allowing their sons to play with
> dolls called GIJoes palatable to dads ("By D**n, no son of mine will
> play with a doll") back in the 60's...

That was when, why, and how the term was invented, yes. However,
'action figures' are no longer merely dolls for boys. While there are a few
that still cross both boundaries (GI Joe, as you cite), one could hardly
call the plastic toys (such as Star Wars figures, 3 3/4" GI Joe, Super
Powers, etc etc etc) that have dominated action figure aisles for the last
20 years, dolls.

While some dolls are action figures, not all action figures are dolls.

-Aaron

--
Aaron Newton / amne...@starbase.spd.louisville.edu / IRC: FigNewton 1:1 <*>
http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~amnewt01

nicoconstantij...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2020, 4:15:02 PM6/18/20
On Tuesday, 8 April 1997 10:00:00 UTC+3, toy...@poboxes.com wrote:
> I have teenie beanie Pinkies for sale. If you would like a teenie Pinky,
> an official TY product, to go with your regular size Pinky, please
> e-mail me. They are $4 each, plus shipping. Get them now. McDonalds has
> enacted a new policy that toys can only be bought w/ a food purchase and
> has raised the price of individual toys. They also limit one to
> transaction. Don't waste time, get them here before they are gone.
> Thanks. PS-I do not limit quantities.

DAILY NEWS NY
MANHATTAN. 18TH JUNE 2020
Nico constantijn antonius samara
helped 60 dogs and cats from euthanization.mAll the animals were placed in
cages without proper care and food and where waiting for
euthanization. Nico Samara adopted 60 one of them and placed them in
his vacation house.
Volunteers are helping by trying to find shelters and families for the
animals. Unfortunately some of the animals still had to be euthanized
because of bad health.