The collapse of the WNS

Victor Manta

Oct 27, 2022, 7:45:20 PM10/27/22
No less than 101,995 postage stamps were registered between 2001 - 2022 by
the 195 members of the UPU. The total cost of registering and publishing
them was approximately five million Swiss francs.

But by consulting the UPU website, we found that in 2021 Algeria registered
with the WNS 4 stamps, Slovenia: 6, Ukraine: 3. This is all that was
registered in the world by the UPU in 2021. NO stamps were registered in
2022.

We can only conclude that WNS has stopped updating its database. We cannot
imagine that such a complex system, in which an average of 5,000 stamps were
registered and published annually between 2002 and 2021 on the WNS site,
could survive a two-year crash both organizationally and financially. .

Thus, the 5 million Swiss Francs that have been invested in it by nearly 200
postal administrations around the world have been spent in vain, because the
WNS has not achieved the objective for which it was created, that of
preventing the proliferation of illegal stamps.

For more information (with automatic translations):
https://www.pwmo.org/Illegals/22-wns-collapse.htm

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization & Abusives (PWO): http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/