What's the face value of your collection?

Wes Chormicle

Jun 30, 2006, 12:40:07 PM6/30/06
I saw this question posted on another board. My daughter asked me the same
question when she looked at my Indian Cent book. 59 coins, = 59 cents..
(never mind that it's an AU-BU set)

So, what's the face value of your collection? (not counting modern gold)

Mine is about $400 total. That includes about $250 worth of Silver Dollars
and about a buck's worth of Indian Cents, and a couple of bucks worth of
Lincoln Cents. By the way, it takes a lot of Half Cents to make a buck!

Brian Blackwell

Jun 30, 2006, 1:41:41 PM6/30/06

"Wes Chormicle" <wchor...@sprynet.com> wrote in message

Just U.S., it's $239.40.

$533 more if you add in the paper money.

JP

Jun 30, 2006, 1:42:59 PM6/30/06
I would have to say maybe $10 at the moment. Between a divorce, paying
on 2 houses, moving from Iowa to Chicago and getting a job that pays $3
an hour less than I had before the divorce, I have had to sell off most
of my collection. I'm sure I got far less than I would have if I didn't
need to sell it. But, that's life.

This is the second collection I have sold off, by the way. The first one
was just a bunch of silver coins my mom and grandfather pulled from the
cash register. I sold them during the Hunt bros run on silver.

Once I get back on my feet, I hope to begin once again. Maybe this time
I might even form some sort of plan to my next collection. I think I
might put together a 20th Century type set or a complete set of
Kennedys. I had all (up to 2000) but the 70 and the 87 P&D from
circulation. I also found several proof halves in rolls, plus a 03 P and
an 05D. I would say they were between VF & EF with a few later coins
arounu AU.

JP

Bob Brannon

Jun 30, 2006, 1:46:47 PM6/30/06
Close to $600.00.........half cents to Dollars......but most of the old
stuff is from Circulation -- even V nickels, Barber stuff and
IHPs............guess I'm Old.
Bob

Jerry Dennis

Jun 30, 2006, 2:07:35 PM6/30/06

Not counting the Statehood quarters hoard (rolls in my collection), I'd
guess it's less than $100. Any value is in the sentiment connected
with each coin.

Jerry

Dave Hinz

Jun 30, 2006, 2:16:41 PM6/30/06
On 30 Jun 2006 11:07:35 -0700, Jerry Dennis <JDen...@aol.com> wrote:

> Wes Chormicle wrote:
>> I saw this question posted on another board. My daughter asked me the same
>> question when she looked at my Indian Cent book. 59 coins, = 59 cents..
>> (never mind that it's an AU-BU set)

> Not counting the Statehood quarters hoard (rolls in my collection), I'd

> guess it's less than $100. Any value is in the sentiment connected
> with each coin.

Are we going to count silver coinage held as bullion value?

Ed Hendricks

Jun 30, 2006, 2:24:51 PM6/30/06

I assume you are speaking only of U.S. coins? If so, the face value of my
U.S. collection is $1623.80. However, my World collection is much, much
larger than my U.S. collection and I'm afraid to try to add it up. :-)

--
忽帕
~

Richard L. Hall

Jun 30, 2006, 2:37:40 PM6/30/06
I would guess about $350 or so. It would have been more but I recently sold
all of the duplicate silver coins I had, those that I didn't need for my
sets.

Also, I a significant number of foreign coins that I didn't count. I would
bet that it translates into at least $100.

--
Richard
http://www.richlh.com

"Wes Chormicle" <wchor...@sprynet.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

JMark

Jun 30, 2006, 6:23:13 PM6/30/06
Wes Chormicle wrote:
> I saw this question posted on another board. My daughter asked me the same
> question when she looked at my Indian Cent book. 59 coins, = 59 cents..
> (never mind that it's an AU-BU set)
>
> So, what's the face value of your collection? (not counting modern gold)

...and not counting bags of silver coins?

> Mine is about $400 total. That includes about $250 worth of Silver Dollars
> and about a buck's worth of Indian Cents, and a couple of bucks worth of
> Lincoln Cents. By the way, it takes a lot of Half Cents to make a buck!

--
JMark

Brian Blackwell

Jun 30, 2006, 7:00:51 PM6/30/06

"JMark" <wo...@barkingdogs.com> wrote in message

> Wes Chormicle wrote:
>> I saw this question posted on another board. My daughter asked me the
>> same question when she looked at my Indian Cent book. 59 coins, = 59
>> cents.. (never mind that it's an AU-BU set)
>>
>> So, what's the face value of your collection? (not counting modern gold)
>
> ...and not counting bags of silver coins?

I didn't count mine. I consider that just silver, not really a part of my
collection.

Dik T. Winter

Jun 30, 2006, 9:20:02 PM6/30/06

For Euro coins I come to EUR 138.92. But that is only 137 of the about
3000 coins I have. Another question, what is the "face value" of a coin
from a country that no longer exists? What is the "face value" of a
1,000,000,000 Mark note from Germany? The "face value" of a 1,000,000
Lira coin from Turkey? For the USA I come to a meager USD 16.88 in coins
and USD 48 in notes.

Mark Hammang

Jul 1, 2006, 12:22:50 AM7/1/06

"Wes Chormicle" <wchor...@sprynet.com> wrote in message

Interesting, I have no idea with my collection, maybe a couple of hundred,
but
it got me thinking. What would Eliasberg's complete collection have been
worth face value?

Mark

Jud

Jul 1, 2006, 12:29:08 PM7/1/06
Let me see, my 1933 St. Gaudens, my 1913 Liberty nickel, my 1804
dollar, my 1893-S dollar and my 1894-S dime, all MS65. Gee, my
collection is only worth $22.15. Maybe I could get double that on eBay.

aca...@gate.net

Jul 1, 2006, 5:53:16 PM7/1/06

Wes Chormicle wrote:
> I saw this question posted on another board. My daughter asked me the same
> question when she looked at my Indian Cent book. 59 coins, = 59 cents..
> (never mind that it's an AU-BU set)...

This is a tough one. The face value of my collections is only about
$100. The face value of my hoard would take a lot more time -- probably
about $200 more.

I suddenly feel very poor.

Anita

Dale Hallmark

Jul 1, 2006, 7:39:37 PM7/1/06

<aca...@gate.net> wrote in message

I have no clue what-so-ever. At least 50% of my collection is medals and
tokens.
A lot of coins I have are non-US so calculating a face value is a project
that would take me
some days and not something I am going to do. Face value of US coins I own?
I will take a wild a** guess and say probably under $200. I collected US
coins
for 35 years and sold a couple collections, mostly have moved on now,
exploring new areas.

Dale
not the same ole same ole

oly

Jul 2, 2006, 12:26:11 PM7/2/06

How do I compute a face value for the very large Ptolemaic bronze
(about 80mm) that I just acquired? Its gotta be the eqivalent of
twenty to twenty-five traditional copper cents?

oly
still the same ole oly

Jefe de Cocina

Jul 3, 2006, 12:44:33 AM7/3/06
"Wes Chormicle" asks:

> So, what's the face value of your collection? (not counting modern
> gold)

According to Excel, I jave just over $300 face in my collection. I think I
could get at least $325 for the lot on a good day. ;)

Best,
Jeff
On texoma dot net, I am user jefe

aca...@gate.net

Jul 3, 2006, 9:49:45 AM7/3/06

Jefe de Cocina wrote:
> "Wes Chormicle" asks:
>
> > So, what's the face value of your collection? (not counting modern
> > gold)
>
> According to Excel, I jave just over $300 face in my collection. I think I
> could get at least $325 for the lot on a good day. ;)

That's the best kind of collection :-)

Anita