DeSantis Took Putin Money?

bruce bowser

Jun 2, 2023, 12:02:56 PM6/2/23
"“I knew Parnas. I didn’t know the other guy as much,” DeSantis said while in Jupiter to announce environmental legislation for the 2020 session."

"DeSantis was among Florida Republican candidates who received contributions during the 2018 election cycle from Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who were arrested on campaign-finance charges involving the pro-Trump super PAC America First Action."

DeSantis: Arrested Donors Appeared 'Legitimate'
Florida Times-Union - Oct 9, 2019
-- https://www.jacksonville.com/story/special/special-sections/2019/10/16/desantis-received-money-from-pair-hit-with-federal-campaign-finance-charges/2515991007/

==================
"Prosecutors say the Ukraine-born Parnas and another Giuliani associate, Belarus-born Igor Fruman, illegally funneled money from Moscow-based Andrey Muraviev to candidates in U.S. states"
Reuters - Oct 19, 2021
-- https://www.reuters.com/world/us/russian-businessman-funded-ex-giuliani-associates-account-court-records-show-2021-10-18/

Bill

Jun 2, 2023, 12:40:56 PM6/2/23
bruce bowser <bruce1....@gmail.com> wrote:
> " I knew Parnas. I didn t know the other guy as much, DeSantis said
> while in Jupiter to announce environmental legislation for the 2020 session."
>
> "DeSantis was among Florida Republican candidates who received
> contributions during the 2018 election cycle from Lev Parnas and Igor
> Fruman, who were arrested on campaign-finance charges involving the
> pro-Trump super PAC America First Action."
>
> DeSantis: Arrested Donors Appeared 'Legitimate'
> Florida Times-Union - Oct 9, 2019
> --
> https://www.jacksonville.com/story/special/special-sections/2019/10/16/desantis-received-money-from-pair-hit-with-federal-campaign-finance-charges/2515991007/
>
> ================="Prosecutors say the Ukraine-born Parnas and another
> Giuliani associate, Belarus-born Igor Fruman, illegally funneled money
> from Moscow-based Andrey Muraviev to candidates in U.S. states"
> Reuters - Oct 19, 2021
> --
> https://www.reuters.com/world/us/russian-businessman-funded-ex-giuliani-associates-account-court-records-show-2021-10-18/

Russia, Russ, Russia. Where was your angst when a bunch of monks gave
money to Gore?

Poco Loc0

Jun 2, 2023, 2:47:06 PM6/2/23
While in high school, Biden sat next to a guy who jacked off in bed.

So fuckin' what?

bruce bowser

Jun 2, 2023, 6:12:08 PM6/2/23
News articles?

Poco Loc0

Jun 2, 2023, 7:27:13 PM6/2/23
On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 15:12:06 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
<bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/1998/02/22/opinion/al-gore-and-the-temple-of-cash.html

345...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2023, 2:39:33 PM6/3/23
I think it's hilarious that the sanctimonious libtards jump on this, but here's just one example of their own extreme misbehaving that they willingly overlook:

"In response, documents were released by the Clinton administration in February 1997. These showed that during the period 1993–96, there were 938 people who stayed overnight at the White House, of whom 821 were located in the Lincoln Bedroom. Of these, 128 were public officials and dignitaries of some kind and 67 were people from the arts and entertainment world.[4] The latter group included the likes of Steven Spielberg, Jane Fonda, Judy Collins, and Doris Kearns Goodwin.[5] Of the rest, most were friends of the Clintons, of which over half were from the couple's Arkansas days; the number of non-friends who were supporters was some fraction of 111.[4] The one-term total of 938 compared to that of 284 overnight visitors during the four years of the Presidency of George H.W. Bush.[6]

One particular document was seen as potentially damning, a Clinton annotation on a Democratic National Committee memorandum from its finance chair Terry McAuliffe, written regarding names of people who had not been in touch since the Bill Clinton presidential campaign, 1992: "Yes, pursue all 3 and promptly - and get other names of the 100,000 or more [dollar contributors]. Ready to start overnights right away - give me the top 10 list back, along with the 100."[4][6] A Washington Post report stated that: "Clinton personally authorized a variety of perks for top party contributors, including golf games and morning jogs with him and overnight stays in the Lincoln Bedroom ..."[5] McAuliffe would later refer to this sardonically as "the infamous Lincoln Bedroom Memo".[7]

A CNN report said that just during the years 1995-96, some $5.4 million was given to the DNC by overnight stayers, with 24 of them giving over $100,000.[8] There were also donations made in conjunction with a related perk, White House coffees.[8] Two other benefits sometimes provided to Clintons friends and benefactors were morning jogs with the president and likewise rounds of golf.[9]

Some have asserted that using the Lincoln Bedroom for fundraising may broken the law due to the fact that federal law prohibits using government property for fundraising.[1]"

Selling access to government property and the presidency is a hallmark of *liberals*. No one is better at it. Can you say Biden without saying Ukraine?
To his credit, Obama didn't allow visitors to stay in the Lincoln bedroom. They were all too high to find it, anyway.

Bill

Jun 3, 2023, 4:05:47 PM6/3/23
And you trust news articles these days? Sounds more opinionated article.

345...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2023, 8:15:25 PM6/3/23
As if $50k would buy you any influence from a president. Ask Biden and the Clintons... it takes at least a million to get started.