Wayne

justan

Sep 10, 2021, 1:06:20 PM9/10/21
Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the
constitution and our rights.
Thank you,
Your friend Jim.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

justan

Sep 10, 2021, 9:11:50 PM9/10/21
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 12:06:06 -0500 (CDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the
> constitution and our rights.
>Thank you,
>Your friend Jim.

I forgot to add.. Heil Hitler!

wayne.b...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2021, 3:23:56 PM9/11/21
===

Are you talking about your "right" to go unvaccinated and your "right" to not wear a mask when required? Hopefully you're not trying for a Darwin award.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2021, 4:35:38 PM9/11/21
People are still allowed to smoke so it is clear the government will
let you kill yourself if you want.

justan

Sep 11, 2021, 7:43:46 PM9/11/21
"waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>
Wrote in message:r
> On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:06:20 PM UTC-4, justan wrote:> Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the > constitution and our rights. > Thank you, > Your friend Jim. > -- > Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html===Are you talking about your "right" to go unvaccinated and your "right" to not wear a mask when required? Hopefully you're not trying for a Darwin award.

No Wayne, I'm not.

wayne.b...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2021, 11:13:12 PM9/11/21
===

That's a bit different don't you think? Although second hand smoke can affect others, it's generally not a huge public health risk. Going unvaccinated endangers everyone around you however. In my mind this is no different than requiring immunization against polio, small pox, measles, mumps, etc. Those of us who served in the military got immunized against over a dozen different diseases and no one complained about their rights being violated. The difference with Covid is that it has become politicized by those on the lunatic fringe.

John

Sep 12, 2021, 6:35:19 AM9/12/21
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 20:13:10 -0700 (PDT), "waynebatr...@hotmail.com"
Agreed. And if you were lucky enough to go to Vietnam, you got a half dozen or
so more!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Mr. Luddite

Sep 12, 2021, 7:22:50 AM9/12/21
Of the many shots given in boot camp the one I remember most was the
"peanut butter" shot in the ass.

From military.com:

"Out of all the medications recruits get injected with throughout their
processing week, none of them are as feared as the almighty "peanut
butter" shot.

While these peanut butter shots are awesome, the ones we get in boot
camp are far from exciting.

The "peanut butter" shot, in the military, is a slang term for the
famous bicillin vaccination every recruit receives unless they have an
allergy — and can prove it.

But if you can't, you're in for an experience of a lifetime. You'll be
brought into an examination room, usually as a group, and be told to
drop your trousers past one of your butt cheeks and bend over.

Once the recruit has assumed their most vulnerable position, the
medical staff will attach a long and thick needle to a pre-filled
vial of bicillin.

Since bicillin kills off a variety of bacteria strands in one shot,
it's given to nearly every recruit.

Now, once the medical staff injects the recruits in their butt cheek,
the pain hits them like a bolt of electricity. The thick liquid begins
to pour into the muscle, but it doesn't spread as fast as you might think.

The human body absorbs the thick, peanut-butter looking medication at
a slow rate because of the liquid's density and creates a painful,
red lump on the recruit's ass.

You literally can't sit right for a few days. Since some boot camps
require their recruits to be highly active, the idea of adding
intense physical movement to the shot's excruciating pain just
adds to the "peanut butter" shot's awfulness."

https://www.avg.com

Mr. Luddite

Sep 12, 2021, 7:26:43 AM9/12/21
If covid vaccinations work, aren't those who are vaccinated protected
against a serious covid infection?

If so, it seems to me that those who refuse to be vaccinated are the
people at most risk ... and that's a choice they have made for
themselves, not others.

wayne.b...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 8:03:03 AM9/12/21
===

The best of the present vaccinations are about 90% effective so the risk is not zero. An additional issue is that the unvaccinated allow the virus to continue unchecked which increases the probability of further mutations. Last but not least, young children still do not have a vaccine and are increasingly at risk according to the latest statistics.

Mr. Luddite

Sep 12, 2021, 8:40:52 AM9/12/21
I can kinda see both sides of the argument regarding mandatory
vaccinations but I still have a problem with the federal government
"making" you get vaccinated. For the record, my wife and I chose
to be vaccinated and will get the booster if and when offered, but
I can understand many people's concerns. For example, some medical
doctors tell their pregnant clients that it's ok to get the
vaccination while other docs recommend *not* getting it until
after the baby is born.

With that kind of conflicting recommendations by "experts", it's
not surprising that many are confused and reluctant.

I think it's ok to make life inconvenient for those who don't get
the vaccination (other than for legitimate medical reasons), meaning
restrictions for travel using public transportation or participating
in public events like ball games, etc. But a *mandatory* requirement
to be vaccinated bothers me in terms of government control of
our lives. We are already on that slippery slope.

justan

Sep 12, 2021, 9:29:10 AM9/12/21
> On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 4:35:38 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:> On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:23:55 -0700 (PDT), > "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:06:20 PM UTC-4, justan wrote: > >> Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the > >> constitution and our rights. > >> Thank you, > >> Your friend Jim. > >> -- > >> Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > >> > >> > >> ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > >> https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html > > > >=== > > > >Are you talking about your "right" to go unvaccinated and your "right" to not wear a mask when required? Hopefully you're not trying for a Darwin award.> People are still allowed to smoke so it is clear the government will > let you kill yourself if you want.===That's a bit different don't you think? Although second hand smoke can affect others, it's generally not a huge public health risk. Going unvaccinated endangers everyone around you however. In my mind this is no different than requiring immunization against polio, small pox, measles, mumps, etc. Those of us who served in the military got immunized against over a dozen different diseases and no one complained about their rights being violated. The difference with Covid is that it has become politicized by those on the lunatic fringe.

I am in partial agreement with you. Surprised?

Does your mind think being vaccinated removes your danger to
everyone around you? Think again, Wayne.
I don't know if there are any laws, executive orders, or other
federal mandates that require any vaccinations of civilians. Joey
is using Covid as a tool to manipulate and devide the country. (A
long practiced tactic used by democrats to gain power over the
poeple)

Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others. The magnitude of
the second hand smoke problem has diminished thanks to public and
private campaigns to convince folks to stop smoking. There have
been no executive orders or federal orders to eliminate smoking.

When we served we contracted to serve at the pleasure of the
president of the United States. The president is contracted to
uphold the constitution. Joey deliberately voilated his contract,
among other moral and ethical obligations, to serve his country
over the 50 some odd years he's been on the public
dole.

Covid has been politicized from the git go by the left lunitic
fringe, often endangering lives by obstructing investigation and
the developing science as we were learning how to deal with this
pandemic.

If you are so concerned about public health, you should be vocal
about the travesty that is occurring at our southern border where
pestilence, disease, criminals, and deadly drugs are streaming
into the US daily. All you hear about this from Joey and his
motly crew is deception and lies. Haven't heard a peep from you
about this.
During the years of Trump's presidency Congress acomplished
nothing, thanks to your pals Nancy, Chuck, and their respective
followers. Haven't heard a peep from you about this.

wayne.b...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 11:41:47 AM9/12/21
===

> I don't know if there are any laws, executive orders, or other
> federal mandates that require any vaccinations of civilians.

Really? Have you tried to send a child to public school if they have not been immunized against the common diseases for which protection exists? Federal laws are being proposed because local government has become too politicized regarding Covid. Have you seen the videos of screaming idiot parents at school board meetings?

http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/children-and-adolescents/school-immunization-requirements/index.html

Diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP)
Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV)
Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR)
Varicella (chickenpox)
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13)
Hepatitis B (Hep B)

justan

Sep 12, 2021, 12:21:46 PM9/12/21
"Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> Wrote in message:r
> On 9/12/2021 8:03 AM, waynebatr...@hotmail.com wrote:> On Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 7:26:43 AM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:>> On 9/11/2021 11:13 PM, waynebatr...@hotmail.com wrote:>>> On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 4:35:38 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>>>> On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:23:55 -0700 (PDT),>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:>>>>>>>>> On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:06:20 PM UTC-4, justan wrote:>>>>>> Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the>>>>>> constitution and our rights.>>>>>> Thank you,>>>>>> Your friend Jim.>>>>>> -- >>>>>> Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ----Android NewsGroup Reader---->>>>>> https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html>>>>>>>>>> ===>>>>>>>>>> Are you talking about your "right" to go unvaccinated and your "right" to not wear a mask when required? Hopefully you're not trying for a Darwin award.>>>> People are still allowed to smoke so it is clear the government will>>>> let you kill yourself if you want.>>>>>> ===>>>>>> That's a bit different don't you think? Although second hand smoke can affect others, it's generally not a huge public health risk. Going unvaccinated endangers everyone around you however. In my mind this is no different than requiring immunization against polio, small pox, measles, mumps, etc. Those of us who served in the military got immunized against over a dozen different diseases and no one complained about their rights being violated. The difference with Covid is that it has become politicized by those on the lunatic fringe.>>>>> If covid vaccinations work, aren't those who are vaccinated protected>> against a serious covid infection?>>>> If so, it seems to me that those who refuse to be vaccinated are the>> people at most risk ... and that's a choice they have made for>> themselves, not others.>> -- >> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.>> https://www.avg.com> > ===> > The best of the present vaccinations are about 90% effective so the risk is not zero. An additional issue is that the unvaccinated allow the virus to continue unchecked which increases the probability of further mutations. Last but not least, young children still do not have a vaccine and are increasingly at risk according to the latest statistics.> I can kinda see both sides of the argument regarding mandatory vaccinations but I still have a problem with the federal government"making" you get vaccinated. For the record, my wife and I choseto be vaccinated and will get the booster if and when offered, butI can understand many people's concerns. For example, some medicaldoctors tell their pregnant clients that it's ok to get thevaccination while other docs recommend *not* getting it untilafter the baby is born.With that kind of conflicting recommendations by "experts", it'snot surprising that many are confused and reluctant.I think it's ok to make life inconvenient for those who don't getthe vaccination (other than for legitimate medical reasons), meaningrestrictions for travel using public transportation or participatingin public events like ball games, etc. But a *mandatory* requirementto be vaccinated bothers me in terms of government control ofour lives. We are already on that slippery slope.

It's a typical case of government overreach. As Lilly from ATT
would say, "Ya, I should have led with that".

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 12:25:55 PM9/12/21
I think we all got the "Vietnam cocktail" in the late 60s. I know my
shot card was full and I was a Coast Guard Reserve (although there was
no separation in that shot line). They told us at the time we were
getting them in case we did go to SE Asia and they wanted to let them
mature a bit.
AKA if you are going to get sick, do it now.
We did have a couple guys who were queazy for a while but nobody fell
out of the rotation. (boot camp, then another round in FT-A school
where the exotic stuff came in)

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 12:37:38 PM9/12/21
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 05:03:02 -0700 (PDT),
Mutations are more likely to be dangerous in vaccinated people since
that virus has already demonstrated that the vaccine didn't work on
it.

OTOH I do wonder if anyone has tried to determine if the condition of
the vaccine administered may be responsible for some of these break
throughs.
This is a pretty fragile product and chain pharmacists are not all
created equal. Has anyone tried to tie breakthroughs to particular
chains or even stores? I haven't even seen stats on which vaccines
work best. It seems they only use 2 data points, "fully vaccinated" or
"partially vaccinated".
That is certainly not science but science has not really been a big
part of what they tell us anyway.

I suspect HIPAA may prevent any real data mining here.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 12:42:20 PM9/12/21
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 08:40:27 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com>
wrote:
Biden's mandate on employers with over 100 employees might make
employee #101 pretty nervous if the owner or a significant number of
his people refuse.
I also wonder how many companies already cap their employment at 100
(99?) just to avoid other government rules. They can always split
their operation into multiple operating units I suppose

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 12:50:22 PM9/12/21
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others

Not really and what "evidence" they have is spotty but people are
offended by the smoke and that is all it takes these days.
I suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who smell the
smoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some kind of
aversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them sick.

It is interesting that smoking still kills a half million a year but
it goes largely unregulated.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 12:54:15 PM9/12/21
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 08:41:45 -0700 (PDT),
Hence the rise in home schooling for a lot of parents.

justan

Sep 12, 2021, 1:01:33 PM9/12/21
> On Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 9:29:10 AM UTC-4, justan wrote:> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> > Wrote in message:r> > On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 4:35:38 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:> On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:23:55 -0700 (PDT), > "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:06:20 PM UTC-4, justan wrote: > >> Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the > >> constitution and our rights. > >> Thank you, > >> Your friend Jim. > >> -- > >> Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > >> > >> > >> ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > >> https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html > > > >=== > > > >Are you talking about your "right" to go unvaccinated and your "right" to not wear a mask when required? Hopefully you're not trying for a Darwin award.> People are still allowed to smoke so it is clear the government will > let you kill yourself if you want.===That's a bit different don't you think? Although second hand smoke can affect others, it's generally not a huge public health risk. Going unvaccinated endangers everyone around you however. In my mind this is no different than requiring immunization against polio, small pox, measles, mumps, etc. Those of us who served in the military got immunized against over a dozen different diseases and no one complained about their rights being violated. The difference with Covid is that it has become politicized by those on the lunatic fringe. > > I am in partial agreement with you. Surprised? > > Does your mind think being vaccinated removes your danger to > everyone around you? Think again, Wayne. > I don't know if there are any laws, executive orders, or other > federal mandates that require any vaccinations of civilians. Joey > is using Covid as a tool to manipulate and devide the country. (A > long practiced tactic used by democrats to gain power over the > poeple) > > Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others. The magnitude of > the second hand smoke problem has diminished thanks to public and > private campaigns to convince folks to stop smoking. There have > been no executive orders or federal orders to eliminate smoking. > > > When we served we contracted to serve at the pleasure of the > president of the United States. The president is contracted to > uphold the constitution. Joey deliberately voilated his contract, > among other moral and ethical obligations, to serve his country > over the 50 some odd years he's been on the public > dole. > > Covid has been politicized from the git go by the left lunitic > fringe, often endangering lives by obstructing investigation and > the developing science as we were learning how to deal with this > pandemic. > > If you are so concerned about public health, you should be vocal > about the travesty that is occurring at our southern border where > pestilence, disease, criminals, and deadly drugs are streaming > into the US daily. All you hear about this from Joey and his > motly crew is deception and lies. Haven't heard a peep from you > about this. > During the years of Trump's presidency Congress acomplished > nothing, thanks to your pals Nancy, Chuck, and their respective > followers. Haven't heard a peep from you about this.> -- > Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html===> I don't know if there are any laws, executive orders, or other > federal mandates that require any vaccinations of civilians.Really? Have you tried to send a child to public school if they have not been immunized against the common diseases for which protection exists? Federal laws are being proposed because local government has become too politicized regarding Covid. Have you seen the videos of screaming idiot parents at school board meetings?http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/children-and-adolescents/school-immunization-requirements/index.html Diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP) Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) Varicella (chickenpox) Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13) Hepatitis B (Hep B)

The Federal Government is the granddaddy of politicised mayhem.
The current administration is the perfect example of said mayhem.
Anything Biden touches goes up in flames. If you could see beyond
your hatred of all things Trump, you would appreciate that Trump
was very careful to adhere to the tenets of the Constitution. He
also used good judgement in carrying out his duties as President.

You overlooked the fact that states impose those requirements. You
aparently favor the overreaching Federal Government overstep it's
Cconstitutional boundaries and violate states rights.

I did see a few of those videos. I wouldn't characterize caring,
passionate parents as "screaming idiots". You also apear to hold
the opinion that ordinary citizens should be deprived of their
right to free speech.

justan

Sep 12, 2021, 1:07:57 PM9/12/21
gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 06:35:19 -0400, John <salmo...@gmail.com> wrote:>On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 20:13:10 -0700 (PDT), "waynebatr...@hotmail.com"><wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:>>>On Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 4:35:38 PM UTC-4, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>>> On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:23:55 -0700 (PDT), >>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote: >>> >>> >On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 1:06:20 PM UTC-4, justan wrote: >>> >> Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the >>> >> constitution and our rights. >>> >> Thank you, >>> >> Your friend Jim. >>> >> -- >>> >> Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- >>> >> https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html >>> > >>> >=== >>> > >>> >Are you talking about your "right" to go unvaccinated and your "right" to not wear a mask when required? Hopefully you're not trying for a Darwin award.>>> People are still allowed to smoke so it is clear the government will >>> let you kill yourself if you want.>>>>===>>>>That's a bit different don't you think? Although second hand smoke can affect others, it's generally not a huge public health risk. Going unvaccinated endangers everyone around you however. In my mind this is no different than requiring immunization against polio, small pox, measles, mumps, etc. Those of us who served in the military got immunized against over a dozen different diseases and no one complained about their rights being violated. The difference with Covid is that it has become politicized by those on the lunatic fringe.>>Agreed. And if you were lucky enough to go to Vietnam, you got a half dozen or>so more!I think we all got the "Vietnam cocktail" in the late 60s. I know myshot card was full and I was a Coast Guard Reserve (although there wasno separation in that shot line). They told us at the time we weregetting them in case we did go to SE Asia and they wanted to let themmature a bit. AKA if you are going to get sick, do it now. We did have a couple guys who were queazy for a while but nobody fellout of the rotation. (boot camp, then another round in FT-A schoolwhere the exotic stuff came in)

"Exotic stuff"? Do you mean knowlege? :-)

justan

Sep 12, 2021, 1:21:50 PM9/12/21
gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>>Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others
Not really and what "evidence" they have is spotty but people
areoffended by the smoke and that is all it takes these days.I
suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who smell
thesmoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some
kind ofaversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them
sick.

It is interesting that smoking still kills a half million a year
butit goes largely unregulated.

Thanks to the tobacco lobby in Washington which knows how to
appeal to the good judgement of lawmakers. BRIBARY

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 10:21:57 PM9/12/21
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:07:57 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>I think we all got the "Vietnam cocktail" in the late 60s. I know myshot card was full and I was a Coast Guard Reserve (although there wasno separation in that shot line). They told us at the time we weregetting them in case we did go to SE Asia and they wanted to let themmature a bit. AKA if you are going to get sick, do it now. We did have a couple guys who were queazy for a while but nobody fellout of the rotation. (boot camp, then another round in FT-A schoolwhere the exotic stuff came in)
>
>"Exotic stuff"? Do you mean knowlege? :-)

I am referring to shots for things you are not likely to get in the US
or even Europe but you might get in SE Asia.
I think the boot camp series was just the common things but we got a
bunch of strange stuff added to our shot card in Navy FT school.
That was also where Radioman school was and those where the boys who
were likely to go.
In fact one of the times I volunteered to go was for river boats and
they told me it was just for the RMs. No FTs. (even though it was
posted in the chow hall for all to see).
We all got all the shots too.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2021, 10:23:08 PM9/12/21
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:21:37 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>>Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others
>Not really and what "evidence" they have is spotty but people
> areoffended by the smoke and that is all it takes these days.I
> suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who smell
> thesmoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some
> kind ofaversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them
> sick.
>

>It is interesting that smoking still kills a half million a year
> butit goes largely unregulated.
>
>Thanks to the tobacco lobby in Washington which knows how to
> appeal to the good judgement of lawmakers. BRIBARY

And 50 million addicted smokers. They don't need to add one more thing
to the stupid drug war.

justan

Sep 12, 2021, 10:49:26 PM9/12/21
gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:07:57 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>I think we all got the "Vietnam cocktail" in the late 60s. I know myshot card was full and I was a Coast Guard Reserve (although there wasno separation in that shot line). They told us at the time we weregetting them in case we did go to SE Asia and they wanted to let themmature a bit. AKA if you are going to get sick, do it now. We did have a couple guys who were queazy for a while but nobody fellout of the rotation. (boot camp, then another round in FT-A schoolwhere the exotic stuff came in)>>"Exotic stuff"? Do you mean knowlege? :-)I am referring to shots for things you are not likely to get in the USor even Europe but you might get in SE Asia. I think the boot camp series was just the common things but we got abunch of strange stuff added to our shot card in Navy FT school.That was also where Radioman school was and those where the boys whowere likely to go. In fact one of the times I volunteered to go was for river boats andthey told me it was just for the RMs. No FTs. (even though it wasposted in the chow hall for all to see).We all got all the shots too.

I dont recall getting any shots in either ETA or ETC school. I do
remember lining up for shots a few times on the hangar deck while
underway. I dont recall having a shot card either. I do remember
my ID number and my berthing compartment number. It's funny what
sticks in your mind after almost 50 years.

justan

Sep 12, 2021, 10:54:31 PM9/12/21
gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:21:37 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>>Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others>Not really and what "evidence" they have is spotty but people> areoffended by the smoke and that is all it takes these days.I> suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who smell> thesmoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some> kind ofaversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them> sick. >>>It is interesting that smoking still kills a half million a year> butit goes largely unregulated. >>Thanks to the tobacco lobby in Washington which knows how to> appeal to the good judgement of lawmakers. BRIBARYAnd 50 million addicted smokers. They don't need to add one more thingto the stupid drug war.

I'd be surprised if there are 50 million smokers in the US.

Bill

Sep 13, 2021, 12:11:11 AM9/13/21
I don’t ever remember getting the so-called Peanut Butter shot. But did
get a bunch in basic and the Yellow Fever hurt the most. And that was an
arm shot.
I can not remember my original number anymore, but they later went to the
not to be used for ID Social Security number. But I do remember my first
AFSC code. 30431.

Bill

Sep 13, 2021, 12:15:55 AM9/13/21
justan <m...@here.com> wrote:
> gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:21:37 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com>
>> wrote:>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021
>> 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>>Second hand smoke has
>> been PROVEN to harm others>Not really and what "evidence" they have is
>> spotty but people> areoffended by the smoke and that is all it takes
>> these days.I> suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who
>> smell> thesmoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some>
>> kind ofaversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them> sick.
>
> I'd be surprised if there are 50 million smokers in the US.

Enough to make my PM and MO stocks very lucrative. PM is around 3.9% and
MO is around 4.7 and I bought in 2001.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2021, 12:46:11 AM9/13/21
The shots in school came right when they were looking for volunteers
for the river boats and the scuttle but was lots of folks were going.
I imagine the original plan was do all the RMs and maybe the nurses.
Then they decided since we were all there anyway ...
I know at the time the other CG guy in my company was pissed. He said
he wasn't going to Vietnam. Why did he need the shots.
I was young and dumb and I thought those PBRs were cool. I wanted in.
That was one of the things that had me trying to change my rate. On a
ship I was a GM anyway. The CG didn't have much FT stuff.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2021, 12:54:36 AM9/13/21
On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:54:15 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:21:37 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>>Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others>Not really and what "evidence" they have is spotty but people> areoffended by the smoke and that is all it takes these days.I> suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who smell> thesmoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some> kind ofaversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them> sick. >>>It is interesting that smoking still kills a half million a year> butit goes largely unregulated. >>Thanks to the tobacco lobby in Washington which knows how to> appeal to the good judgement of lawmakers. BRIBARYAnd 50 million addicted smokers. They don't need to add one more thingto the stupid drug war.
>
>I'd be surprised if there are 50 million smokers in the US.

I think there are far more than admit it. 34.1 million admit to
smoking cigarettes in the surveys CDC use. That wouldn't include cigar
smokers and the few people with a pipe. (is that even a thing)?
OTOH
I know a few "non-smokers" who are always bumming cigarettes. One of
the guys I play golf with gives the other one a carton now and then
just to repay the debt.

The actual number of nicotine addicts is far higher tho when you add
in the vapers and the ones hooked on the gum. They will take a smoke
now and then too.

Mr. Luddite

Sep 13, 2021, 7:53:22 AM9/13/21
Wayne, it should be noted that those vaccination requirements are
a prerequisite to attend *public* schools.

The Fed still cannot legally *mandate* vaccinations. Parents of
school children can either comply with public school requirements
or seek alternative educational options.

Mr. Luddite

Sep 13, 2021, 7:59:33 AM9/13/21
If you really want to see how divided this country is, spend some
time flipping back and forth between Fox News and MSNBC.

The respective "takes" on current events is mind blowing in
differences. This morning the MSNBC crowd was giving
glowing kudos to former President George W. Bush, while
comparing him to Trump (who they just can't seem to realize
is no longer POTUS).

Both Fox News and MSNBC have become nothing but brainwashing
outlets.

justan

Sep 13, 2021, 8:03:31 AM9/13/21
gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:54:15 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:21:37 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>>Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others>Not really and what "evidence" they have is spotty but people> areoffended by the smoke and that is all it takes these days.I> suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who smell> thesmoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some> kind ofaversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them> sick. >>>It is interesting that smoking still kills a half million a year> butit goes largely unregulated. >>Thanks to the tobacco lobby in Washington which knows how to> appeal to the good judgement of lawmakers. BRIBARYAnd 50 million addicted smokers. They don't need to add one more thingto the stupid drug war.>>I'd be surprised if there are 50 million smokers in the US.I think there are far more than admit it. 34.1 million admit tosmoking cigarettes in the surveys CDC use. That wouldn't include cigarsmokers and the few people with a pipe. (is that even a thing)?OTOHI know a few "non-smokers" who are always bumming cigarettes. One ofthe guys I play golf with gives the other one a carton now and thenjust to repay the debt. The actual number of nicotine addicts is far higher tho when you addin the vapers and the ones hooked on the gum. They will take a smokenow and then too.

I grabbed exactly 1 cigarrette after I quit. Luckily, enough time
had passed since I had quit that it wasn't satisfying.
Why is the drug war stupid. I'm sure that drugs were involved,
directly or indirectly, in more deaths than Covid, or alcahol, or
tobacco.

wayne.b...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2021, 3:19:13 PM9/13/21
===
I'm very aware of how divided the country is, and how much of that is rooted in the bias of popular media outlets. I never give either Fox or MSNBC more than a passing look as a result.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2021, 7:11:31 PM9/13/21
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:59:28 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com>
wrote:
Cable News was the first thing I appreciated getting rid of when I cut
the cord. I watch some of the local news (on 10 hours a day) and I
watch Lester Holt. There is still some spin but it is mostly in what
they don't cover.
I did see one big shift. A couple weeks ago the local NBC station was
reporting the Covid deaths and hospitalizations, including the number
vaxed/unvaxed. Now that is gone and the NBC web site seems to have
scrubbed all of those stories. They don't like admitting 18-20% of the
people in the hospital are fully vaxed as are 5-6% who died.

Bad for business.

gfre...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2021, 7:23:44 PM9/13/21
On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:03:16 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:54:15 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 13:21:37 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021 09:28:54 -0400 (EDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>>Second hand smoke has been PROVEN to harm others>Not really and what "evidence" they have is spotty but people> areoffended by the smoke and that is all it takes these days.I> suspect the ones offended most are the ex smokers who smell> thesmoke and want to spark one up but they have developed some> kind ofaversion therapy that convinces them smoke makes them> sick. >>>It is interesting that smoking still kills a half million a year> butit goes largely unregulated. >>Thanks to the tobacco lobby in Washington which knows how to> appeal to the good judgement of lawmakers. BRIBARYAnd 50 million addicted smokers. They don't need to add one more thingto the stupid drug war.>>I'd be surprised if there
>are 50 million smokers in the US.I think there are far more than admit it. 34.1 million admit tosmoking cigarettes in the surveys CDC use. That wouldn't include cigarsmokers and the few people with a pipe. (is that even a thing)?OTOHI know a few "non-smokers" who are always bumming cigarettes. One ofthe guys I play golf with gives the other one a carton now and thenjust to repay the debt. The actual number of nicotine addicts is far higher tho when you addin the vapers and the ones hooked on the gum. They will take a smokenow and then too.
>
>I grabbed exactly 1 cigarrette after I quit. Luckily, enough time
> had passed since I had quit that it wasn't satisfying.
>Why is the drug war stupid. I'm sure that drugs were involved,
> directly or indirectly, in more deaths than Covid, or alcahol, or
> tobacco.

I really don't have an addiction thing. I can smoke at a party or
something and then just walk away. I like a good cigar now and then
but the Macanudos I have in the drawer are 4 years old.

Mr Robot

Sep 14, 2021, 9:48:20 PM9/14/21
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 12:06:06 -0500 (CDT), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:

>Please plead with your pal Joe to stop messing with the
> constitution and our rights.
>Thank you,
>Your friend Jim.

You wouldn't know the Constitution even after it bites you in your
ass.